Comments

• krakos000
    16618 posts World Class
    What are you eating for protein?
  • Cadey 5
    9554 posts Has That Special Something
    krakos000 wrote: »

Not all on the same day but Chicken, reduced fat sausages, had burgers this week as had some in the fridge, ham, beef, protein shake and casein.
  • krakos000
    16618 posts World Class
    Cadey 5 wrote: »

Not all on the same day but Chicken, reduced fat sausages, had burgers this week as had some in the fridge, ham, beef, protein shake and casein.

Gotcha!! I mainly stick to chicken and protein powder as I don't like red meat. How do you measure out the amount of protein in your meat though? Like the chicken?
  • Alexrb89
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite

Gotcha!! I mainly stick to chicken and protein powder as I don't like red meat. How do you measure out the amount of protein in your meat though? Like the chicken?

Use MyFitnessPal
  • krakos000
    16618 posts World Class
    Alexrb89 wrote: »

Use MyFitnessPal

Is it an app? I'll check it out.

So usually on Saturdays my gf goes to work and it leaves me about 3 to 4 hours or so where I play fifa...Decided to hit the gym today instead.
  • Cadey 5

Use MyFitnessPal

So usually on Saturdays my gf goes to work and it leaves me about 3 to 4 hours or so where I play fifa...Decided to hit the gym today instead.

Nice one B)

Also my fitness pal is the GOAT for tracking!
  • krakos000
    16618 posts World Class

Use MyFitnessPal

Nice one B)

Also my fitness pal is the GOAT for tracking!

I'll download it and try it tomorrow!! Thanks guys.

Whew feel really good about that choice. I did a mile on the elliptical in 7 minutes to warm up. Stretched. Then did the typical 10 reps 3 sets of bicep curls, tricep extensions, whatever the shoulder lift machine is called for front deltoid, and then rear deltoid/trap. Then cooled down doing some combos on the heavy bag but couldn't go for too long as I dont have any gloves atm and I don't feel like punching my knuckles raw lol.

I dont usually like preworkouts mainly because I used to use and abuse them/energy drinks/adderall etc so I can TOLERATE caffeine now in coffee and thats about it. But I found a nice stimulant free preworkout that didnt give me any anxiety or jitteriness but still a bit of a jolt and energy/focus which is nice.
  • Cadey 5
    Day 7 Active rest day

Cardio

Another day of only cardio 20 minutes again 4 minutes slow 1 minute fast but again managed to stick to my diet well consuming less carbs as recommended for none gym days.

Diet

Protein 216
    Carbs 150
    Fat 47

Goals for week two

Stick to the cardio and cut out the none sugary energy drinks prior to my workouts.
  • Cadey 5
    Day 8 WEIGHT DAY!

So weighted myself this morning and i am down 4 pounds to 192 pounds from 196 pounds I weighed in at, on the home scales for the purposes of consistency I will stick to these for now! Delighted with week one my goal weight is 165 pounds as according to my research that is when I will hit the 14-16% BF. so just the 27 pounds to go.

LEGS/ABS 10/10

Best day so far for sure just everything felt good nothing was slow and time went fast as appose to wondering how long I had left.

Leg Extensions * 3 sets of 20,10,20
    20 x 64 + 10 x 73 + 20 x 50 x 3

Leg Press
    30 x 80 20 x 85 10 x 100 20 x 80 30 x 50

Barbell Lunge
    10 x 40 10 x 40 10 x 40

Machine Calf Raises
    30 x 54 20 x 64 10 x 73 20 x 64 30 x 54

Abs 3 exercise circuit x 3

Lying leg raise 20
    Knee tuck x 20
    Plan 30 seconds

Diet

sticking to the same split this week as I don't see the need to change the Macros just yet.

SPlIT TARGET Carbs 181 Protein 237

Protein 243
    Carbs 181
    Fat 66

Cardio

Two 25 minute sessions on my stationary bike
    164 calories AM
    157 calories PM
  • krakos000
    16618 posts World Class
    Congrats on the progress mate!! And I'm glad to hear it all went smooth today. I'm doing a back/biceps day today and I'm already feeling the soreness. But I needed to skip legs shoulders and triceps as I have capoeira class/training tomorrow so lots of handstands/cartwheels and I'll be on my legs the whole time lol. If my arms are too dead I'll collapse doing handstands or what have you lol
  • RadioShaq
    14442 posts Moderator
    You ever try going out to the park for walking running hiking ect? I am not the biggest workout fan although being outside makes it feel less like a workout or grind.
  • krakos000
    16618 posts World Class
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    You ever try going out to the park for walking running hiking ect? I am not the biggest workout fan although being outside makes it feel less like a workout or grind.

Oh yeah I agree with this. I much prefer trail running to using a treadmill or even running on streets.
  • Antparry92
    16459 posts World Class
    Get on to quorn mate. I made a conscious decision to reduce my meat intake so I was a bit more mindful about what I wasn’t eating instead of eating junk.

Some good alternatives and I usually pick them up when they come down in price. Linda McCartney stuff is really good as well, the sausages and soya mozzarella burgers are spot on
    RadioShaq wrote: »

Oh yeah I agree with this. I much prefer trail running to using a treadmill or even running on streets.

Trail running ruins my hips and knees. Concrete ruins them also.
    I stick to grass (during footy) and I find the treadmill slightly easier for long distance stuff
  • Cadey 5
    Day 9 Chest/Shoulders (Yesterday)

Hammer Press
    20 x 30 15 x 30 10 x 50 10 x 40 10 x 20

Smith Incline Bench
    20 X 30 15 X 30 Drop Set 10 x 50 10 x 30 10 x 20

Cable Fly
    20 X 20 15 X 23 Drop Set 10 x 20 10 x 18 10 x 16

Push Up
    12 x BW 9 x BW 6 x BW

Super Set
    Barbell Raise
    10 x 20 10 x 20 x 10 x 20

Into Barbell Press
    10 x 20 10 x 20 10 x 20

Barbell Lateral Raise
    10 x 10 10 x 10 10 x 10

Only two weights are barbell are my gym without adding weight so pleased with what I went with.

Diet

Protein 250
    Carbs 177
    Fat 53

Cardio

Cardio One: Bike 140 calories
    Cardio Two Bike 190 calories

@RadioShaq Gym is 20 minutes walk away as it is quite happy to do that and my home bike!
    @krakos000 nice one on making time again for some exercise did you download MyFitnessPal?
  • krakos000
    16618 posts World Class
    Ahh no I havent yet but I will right now!
  • krakos000
    16618 posts World Class
    Shoulders, chest and triceps today! Almost done with that part of my workout and then I'll do some cardio I think to close it out.
  • Antparry92
    16459 posts World Class
    Back to it tonight with football training for me. Seen my physio yesterday, new set of exercises and a new bit of motivation as well to sort my self out. Literally going to be knocking the drink on the head I think. Also cracked at the weekend and smoked god knows how much and drink doesn’t help me staying away from my rolls
  • Cadey 5
    Day 10

Arms

Smith overhead extensions
    15 x 30 15 x 30 15 x 30

Seated Pushdown
    10 x 41 10 x 41 10 x 41 10 x 41/10 x 32/10 x 23 last set was a drop set

Dips
    10 X FW 10 x FW 10 x FW/ 10 x 32/10 x 36 off last set drop set

Spider Curl
    10 x 35 10 x 35 10 x 35

Superset with free weight resistance band curls

10 X B 10 x B 10 x B

Seated cable curl
    8 x 36 8 x 36 8 x 36

Incline dumbbell curl
    10 x 17.5 10 x 15 10 x 15

Superset with free weight resistance band curls
    10 X B 10 x B 10 x B

Cardio
    Treadmil 177 calories 25 minutes
    Bike 140 calories 25 minutes

Diet
    Protien 243
    Carbs 179
    Fat 51

Yesterday was the best I have felt mentally in a long time at the gym it finally felt like i was there for a purposes as appose to just going through the motions! already planning ahead to W3 and may lower my carbs depending on if i lose any weight this week! but really felt in it.
  • Cadey 5
    Day 11

Lowerback Hamstring Abs

Deadlift
    10 x 100 10 x 110 10 x 90

Hamstring curl
    10 x 64 10 x 64 10 x 64

Two sets super setted with Cable straight leg deadlifts
    10 x 55 10 x 55 10 x 55

Hamstring curl
    10 x 54 10 x 54 10 x 54

Crunches
    FW x 20 FW x 10 FW x 10 FW x 8

Sit ups
    FW x 30 FW x 20 FW x 10 FW x 8

Macros

Protein 204
    Carbs 186
    Fat 49

Cardio
    Treadmil 170 calories 25 minutes

@krakos000 nice one if this is your first time using weights you should be super sore this week but it's not a bad thing!

@Antparry92 I don't smoke never have but can't imagine it's great for the cardio so cut it out ;)
  • Antparry92
    16459 posts World Class
    It’s horrible because I’ve knocked it on the head to the point where September was the last time I had one sober but still do when I drink unfortunately. That first run or footy match back after I do slip up I feel it, and clear my lungs out and I’m good then the next run
  • krakos000
    16618 posts World Class
    Ahh no I've worked out with weights before it's just been a while lol. Time for legs today in a little bit!! I've never really solely worked on legs before so I'm curious to how its gonna go..
  • Cadey 5
    Day 12

really sluggish day today, at the point where i left my *** vortex shaker on the treadmil at the gym so got to pop in tomorrow hope someone handed it in and did't steal it :D

UpperBack

Chin up
    10 x FW 10 X FW 10 X FW

Machine Row single arm
    10 X 35 10 X 35 10 X 35

Smith Row
    10 x 40 10 x 30 10 x 30

Straight arm pull down SS with Standing row
    10 x 41 10 x 36 10 x 36

Standing row
    10 x 41 10 x 56 10 x 56

Machine Press Calf raises
    20 x 45 24 x 54 30 x 54

Cardio
    Treamil 155 calories 25 minutes.

Diet
    Protien 192
    Carbs 175
    Fats 60

Just a sluggish day overall! really annoyed about leaving my shaker and just tired need that rest day from gym coming up for sure!
  • Antparry92
    16459 posts World Class
    @ccooaattssyy thought I’d tag you in here. To answer your question I’d get yourself to a gym on a cheap membership mate. Unless you’re seriously in to lifting and want to make a garage gym it’s simply not worth buying stuff. Variety of machines and stuff at the gym will help you vary up your sessions as well
  • krakos000
    16618 posts World Class
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    @ccooaattssyy thought I’d tag you in here. To answer your question I’d get yourself to a gym on a cheap membership mate. Unless you’re seriously in to lifting and want to make a garage gym it’s simply not worth buying stuff. Variety of machines and stuff at the gym will help you vary up your sessions as well

This and you can always ask people at the gym questions etc. Personally I dont have the budget or room to make a home gym.
  • krakos000
    16618 posts World Class
    Thank god this thread is easier to find now btw.

Today was back and biceps

Lat pulldown - 6 sets of 10 at 70 pounds

Seated Row - 4 sets of 10 at 55 pounds

Bicep curl - 3 sets of 10 at 50 pounds

Rear deltoid fly/trapezius fly - 3 sets of 10 at 40 pounds

Not too much cardio today as I had to rush it today so only 5 minutes on the elliptical to warm up.
  • Cadey 5

Not too much cardio today as I had to rush it today so only 5 minutes on the elliptical to warm up.

Nice one Pal I work in KG so all the pounds stuff is a mess to me ;)

@ccooaattssyy if you are thinking are starting to lift try snag a trail at a gym before committing to anything even if it's a week one.
  • krakos000
    16618 posts World Class

Nice one Pal I work in KG so all the pounds stuff is a mess to me ;)

@ccooaattssyy if you are thinking are starting to lift try snag a trail at a gym before committing to anything even if it's a week one.

Ahh my bad I'll try and convert em next time!!
  • Cadey 5
    Day 13

Active rest day yesterday,

Cardio bike HIT Training 4 min steady 1 min intense 5 rounds calories 210 as planned aiming for 15-25 less carbs on rest days!

Diet
    Protein 243
    Carbs 144
    Fat 71

Day 14
    Active rest day yesterday,

Cardio bike HIT Training 4 min steady 1 min intense 5 rounds calories 199 really tough day let myself down with too much coffee, and tomorrow is photo day/weight day will be interesting to see if doing an average of 300-400 calories of cardio made a difference be time to test where my metabolisim is at.

Diet
    Protein N/A
    Carbs N/A
    Fat N/A

Week two had its downs few too many coffees and the odd pack of mints won't have help! but its a race not a sprint.
  • ccooaattssyy
    4015 posts National Call-Up
    Good suggestions lads, cheers.
  • ccooaattssyy
    4015 posts National Call-Up
    I have a bit it a random question but maybe relevant.

I work 9-5 mon-fri. I have lunch at work.

I always eat a bowl of porridge with fruit, either apple or banana for breakfast. Honey to sweeten occasionally. Semi skim milk.

The problem I have is with lunch. What recommend stuff can I have? Stuff that I can prep easily OR that lasts. My office has an amazing sandwich shop next door, but I’m resisting the temptation and trying to go healthy (I want to lose weight - around 1 stone). Would a chicken breast, brown rice & broccoli be acceptable? I’d give the chicken varying flavours to keep it fresh. I need a carb in there I think.

I’ve also recently bought a 2.5L water bottle (tank) and making sure that i drink loads of that too.

Any other options ?