NEW PRIME ICON MOMENTS! Share your opinion! VOTE!

Comments

• Jonx88
    690 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have no words anymore
    golazo wrote: »
    the major point imo. many lost real money and fifa coins on prime icons and prime sbcs. we all thought they were the best cards. if everyone knew ther was a higher version. all these primes and sbcs woudlve been waaay cheaper. EA truly scammed and false advertised to the max on this. fuckd up really.

Exactly they have only shot themselves in the foot as nobody will do Icon SBCs anymore and they are the main reason high rated golds hold value and make it worthwhile to open packs
  • Futfanatic
    12939 posts Has That Special Something
    I have no words anymore
    Jonx88 wrote: »
    the major point imo. many lost real money and fifa coins on prime icons and prime sbcs. we all thought they were the best cards. if everyone knew ther was a higher version. all these primes and sbcs woudlve been waaay cheaper. EA truly scammed and false advertised to the max on this. fuckd up really.

Exactly they have only shot themselves in the foot as nobody will do Icon SBCs anymore and they are the main reason high rated golds hold value and make it worthwhile to open packs

I am for sure not doing any icon sbc's anymore because they can pull this kind of stuff.
  • CarlF
    557 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have no words anymore
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Jonx88 wrote: »

I am for sure not doing any icon sbc's anymore because they can pull this kind of stuff.

Neither will I. Not a chance. Which is a shame, as it was my favourite type of content. They have eroded what little trust was left between themselves and the community. It's foolishness in the extreme, but i don't think they even care.
  • OZero
    5185 posts Big Money Move
    I have no words anymore
    Okay, some dynamic images are leaked and seems ALL icons would get a prime moment ver.

Well done EA. Well done. The more SBC you completed the more you screwed.
  • BernaLeo87
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have no words anymore
    Another desperate $$ grabbing promo by EA. End of the FP is getting closer lol
  • Alemas_2012
    15504 posts World Class
    edited February 12
    I have no words anymore
    Funny how EA are basically killing one of FUT's major features...
    Remember when everyone thought that "creative" squads would finally have a point and be rewarded when they introduced SBCs?
    Oh how naive we were.
  • MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have no words anymore
    Everyone that has done icon SBCs that get new upgraded cards on Friday make sure to get onto EA chat and complain how this was false advertising and we want a refund as we no longer have the best version available of this card.

I can guarantee with the number of complaints all at one time something will be done about this. Upto yourselves but I will definitely be doing this.
  • Jonx88
    I have no words anymore
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    Everyone that has done icon SBCs that get new upgraded cards on Friday make sure to get onto EA chat and complain how this was false advertising and we want a refund as we no longer have the best version available of this card.

I can guarantee with the number of complaints all at one time something will be done about this. Upto yourselves but I will definitely be doing this.

To be honest I'm past even that, done with this game mode and I'm a FUT founder, I'm actually pretty glad something like this has happened as it's makes my decision really easy, still can't believe they have went down this path FUT 19 started really well with better rewards reduced weekend league etc, never expected they could mess up UT this bad.
  • Torminator
    1313 posts Professional
    I like it a lot. I get a chance to upgrade my prime icons. Dont see the problem with that.
  • Futfanatic
    I have no words anymore
    OZero wrote: »
    Okay, some dynamic images are leaked and seems ALL icons would get a prime moment ver.

Where’s the leak @OZero ?
  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up
    I have no words anymore
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »

I mean, thanks Andy, but this doesn't fill me with hope. Nothing about the cost there, nothing about the timing. For all I know it means you can use it in the icon part of the 2.5M moments sbc somewhere in August...

If you have to trade in a prime icon and then complete squads on top of that to get a boosted one, it'll be the dumbest thing they've done with icons since the player picks.

It needs to be a straight swap.

a straight swap would skyrocket the price of the primes and i dont think EA want that

Not if it was untradeable only
  • Jonx88
    I have no words anymore
    Torminator wrote: »
    I like it a lot. I get a chance to upgrade my prime icons. Dont see the problem with that.

Will you be happy a week after upgrading them they announce prime prime prime icons of the same players again?
  • RayS
    25671 posts Player of the Year
    I have no words anymore
    a pretty lopsided poll lol
  • CeeQue
    11002 posts Has That Special Something
    I have no words anymore
    The FUT player base just got finessed.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5308 posts Big Money Move
    I have no words anymore
    All will be forgiven by me if they provide me the Mario bros (with red and green hats respectably) to play up top. 200 jumping would be OP. They also must have Serie A links for the sake of realism.
  • Headshrinker363
    4981 posts Big Money Move
    I have no words anymore
    Will my prime Yashin lose his cap if he’s no longer the best card?
  • Futfanatic
    edited February 12
    I have no words anymore
    RayS wrote: »
    a pretty lopsided poll lol

Is it because of the options I gave? I tried to be pretty reasonable @RayS
  • DanValletta
    1546 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have no words anymore

I doubt it. They'll probably just make the new one fall off in game when he dives and then the ball will bounce off your defenders leg hit the post, bounce off his cap and into the net.
  • Headshrinker363
    4981 posts Big Money Move
    I have no words anymore

I doubt it. They'll probably just make the new one fall off in game when he dives and then the ball will bounce off your defenders leg hit the post, bounce off his cap and into the net.

That cap cost me a few hundred k, it better be there.
  • OZero
    5185 posts Big Money Move
    I have no words anymore
    http://imgur.com/a/4USeZTZ

• IAIK7
    3433 posts National Call-Up
    Other,...

Figo ❤
  • Springveldt
    4602 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 12
    I have no words anymore
    When though?

"Later" can mean anytime between now and August. If it's after the other 40 icon SBC's that haven't been released yet then you are looking at July before you can upgrade your Prime icon.

Games a mess, network code is straight garbage, "promos" are nothing but cash grabs and "content" is 99% of the time adding shiny cards into packs with a minuscule chance of actually packing them. That's not content, that's just yet another cash grab.

You base your whole game play year around getting a desirable Prime Icon, you play the game each week including WL and DR, you play SB's, you take untradables to prepare for your big Icon, you get crap rewards week after week but you stick to the plan. 5 months in and you are still waiting on 1 of the 10 being released. Now, before it is even released you are told that it's not really the best version and you've just wasted months preparing. But hey, at least you can buy points and try and pack the new super duper prime prime version. It's 12 quid a go and you have less than 1% chance of actually getting it.

I see a pretty big **** problem with it actually.
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional
    I have no words anymore
    MUFC_420 wrote: »

I can guarantee they wont
  • Springveldt
    I have no words anymore

They even managed to mess that up, how can you have a dynamic image of Shearer that doesn't have the one hand in the air celebration. :joy:

At least Larsson has his tongue sticking out.
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional
    I have no words anymore
    When though?

"Later" can mean anytime between now and August. If it's after the other 40 icon SBC's that haven't been released yet then you are looking at July before you can upgrade your Prime icon.

Games a mess, network code is straight garbage, "promos" are nothing but cash grabs and "content" is 99% of the time adding shiny cards into packs with a minuscule chance of actually packing them. That's not content, that's just yet another cash grab.

You base your whole game play year around getting a desirable Prime Icon, you play the game each week including WL and DR, you play SB's, you take untradables to prepare for your big Icon, you get crap rewards week
    after week but you stick to the plan. 5 months in and you are still waiting on 1 of the 10 being released. Now, before it is even released you are told that it's not really the best version and you've just wasted months preparing. But hey, at least you can buy points and try and pack the new super duper prime prime version. It's 12 quid a go and you have less than 1% chance of actually getting it.

Its £80 for 12 k points and you have 0.1 percent chance of packing one.
  • Springveldt
    I have no words anymore
    Pay2Lose wrote: »
    When though?

You base your whole game play year around getting a desirable Prime Icon, you play the game each week including WL and DR, you play SB's, you take untradables to prepare for your big Icon, you get crap rewards week
    after week but you stick to the plan. 5 months in and you are still waiting on 1 of the 10 being released. Now, before it is even released you are told that it's not really the best version and you've just wasted months preparing. But hey, at least you can buy points and try and pack the new super duper prime prime version. It's 12 quid a go and you have less than 1% chance of actually getting it.

Its £80 for 12 k points and you have 0.1 percent chance of packing one.
    Thought you got it for £72 through EA access or something? I wouldn't know don't buy them. You get 6 100K packs for that, so each 100K pack is 12 quid a pop.

We don't actually know what chance you have, just that it's less than 1%. Could be 0.99% or could b 0.00001%
  • bberger
    5165 posts Big Money Move
    I have no words anymore
    I've genuinly never ever seen a poll with 500+ votes in that short of a time in those forums.

Also the result speaks volumes..
  • Gotta feeling my rijkard, Campbell and Rivaldo won't have any moments. And I'm not spending anymore money on this game until they fix the inconsistent gameplay.
  • Futfanatic
    I have no words anymore
    bberger wrote: »
    I've genuinly never ever seen a poll with 500+ votes in that short of a time in those forums.

Also the result speaks volumes..

Close to 600 now 😁

I looked back through my old polls I never got more than around 200 votes. Pretty cool 😁
  • MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have no words anymore
    According to EA support you can be better than what you were in your prime :D

I got a call back from them saying I want a refund as it's false advertising and he told me sometimes players can be better than their prime. I stared laughing and asked him to look up the meaning of prime in the dictionary.

Could tell they have had alot of calls about this by the scripted response they gave.