New versions of icons being released Friday.

Comments

• BeefyRabouter
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    maXmood wrote: »
    yea, SBCs after TOTS! >.<

FIrst thing that came up for me too ghehe
  • maXmood
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite

FIrst thing that came up for me too ghehe

yea, they need to milk the ones in packs first, then milk TOTS, then the SBCs (when they've made enough money)..
  • jenksiee123
    20174 posts Club Captain
    Although, the wording makes it sound that only players who have already been released as prime SBCs will have the moments SBC. So Gullit et al won't have one.
  • Chet
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 12
    Although, the wording makes it sound that only players who have already been released as prime SBCs will have the moments SBC. So Gullit et al won't have one.

Yea the wording is so confusing, does that mean the orginal prime icons won’t be released as SBCs and the Primer version will(as SBCs)?

Don’t see the point in releasing the selected prime icons as SBCs if all you do now is chuck them into another primer SBC a month later??

• Equinox 85
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect

Henry and Matthaus haven't been released as prime have they?
  • Hibee
    10663 posts Has That Special Something
    Is it only cynical me that thinks that latest tweet is due to the amount of backlash all over social media :D
  • Azof
    14574 posts Has That Special Something
    Hibee wrote: »
    Is it only cynical me that thinks that latest tweet is due to the amount of backlash all over social media :D

Later in fifa 19. So in August
  • WFCBagnall
    65267 posts Moderator

From what I've seen, sbcs were always going to be released.
  • Mic2904
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Then why the hell are they posting only half the story and put themselves in a position of getting properly bashed?! Doesnt make sense, unless they basically and truly do not care.
  • Hibee

I'm curious what you have seen, and I have missed? There was no mention of SBCs in the initial tweet? It specifically said they would be released in packs.
  • EA_Andy
    2493 posts EA Community Manager
    Chet wrote: »

Yea the wording is so confusing, does that mean the orginal prime icons won’t be released as SBCs and the Primer version will(as SBCs)?

Don’t see the point in releasing the selected prime icons as SBCs if all you do now is chuck them into another primer SBC a month later??

Have fed back that there's lots of confusion about this.

More details are due on Friday so hopefully a lot of this will be cleared up. If there's anything I can get before then I'll let you know.
  • PirateW
    76 posts Park Captain
    It would be nice if they increased pack weight probability (for pulling a super prime icon) for users who haven't done an icon sbc - that way those who don't have icons or millions of coins to afford to buy/sbc one could experience a top player. 😉
  • maXmood
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite

I'm curious what you have seen, and I have missed? There was no mention of SBCs in the initial tweet? It specifically said they would be released in packs.

i think he means the usual.. we usually get SBCs, and these are coming anyway, isn't to do with the new moment thing.
  • Hibee

i think he means the usual.. we usually get SBCs, and these are coming anyway, isn't to do with the new moment thing.

Ah fair enough.
  • Adrian095
    33654 posts National Team Captain
    everyone saying fair play for what exactly, what am I missing?? :D
  • McLaughlan_26
    483 posts Sunday League Hero
    PirateW wrote: »
    It would be nice if they increased pack weight probability (for pulling a super prime icon) for users who haven't done an icon sbc - that way those who don't have icons or millions of coins to afford to buy/sbc one could experience a top player. 😉

Yeah let's punish the players who have grinded the game for months to be able to play with Icons even more than we are already by devalueing the icons they have :|
  • TakeItSlow
    2750 posts Fans' Favourite

The fact people who have done Best's prime card will be able to trade him in for the 94 version is fair play. They didn't have to do that.
  • Nony
    420 posts Sunday League Hero
    So only the SBC version can be used in another SBC? What's stopping me from buying 93 Henry right now and using that version is a future SBC?
  • RebelRob
    3897 posts National Call-Up
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

The fact people who have done Best's prime card will be able to trade him in for the 94 version is fair play. They didn't have to do that.

That’s not it though, it won’t be a straight swap for sure.

• Adrian095
    33654 posts National Team Captain

Oh just seen the tweet. "LATER ON FIFA 19" aka around TOTS

Damage control.
  • WFCBagnall
    65267 posts Moderator
    RebelRob wrote: »

That’s not it though, it won’t be a straight swap for sure.

Even if it is say a couple of hundred k, who cares? I'm guessing them majority of people who did the 93 sbc didn't do him for anything more than 1.2m because of untradeables, they would have used him for 500+ games by the time the sbc is out, so add a few hundred on top of that and you get a boosted Best with a dynamic image. Win win situation.
  • Hoopsterz
    1560 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nony wrote: »
    So only the SBC version can be used in another SBC? What's stopping me from buying 93 Henry right now and using that version is a future SBC?

Was wondering this myself.. What would work out cheaper? Buying a prime Henry now or waiting for the Prime Henry SBC to do that to then wait for the Mega Prime Henry GX card later?
  • Idek
    8128 posts League Winner
    I've complained a lot about this game but the last 12 hours have been silly

"We better be able to upgrade our primes to this version, this is an outrage!"

EA confirms you'll be able to upgrade

"You won't be able to upgrade for months and it'll be super expensive, this is an outrage!"

• IamFrench
    1196 posts Professional
    My theory on this new strange promo
    DzMzrTZXgAASO-H.jpg
  • WFCBagnall
    65267 posts Moderator
    Idek wrote: »
    I've complained a lot about this game but the last 12 hours have been silly

"We better be able to upgrade our primes to this version, this is an outrage!"

EA confirms you'll be able to upgrade

"You won't be able to upgrade for months and it'll be super expensive, this is an outrage!"

*Comes out next week*

"They said a later date, they didn't give me time to prepare, I'm fuming"
  • WFCBagnall
    65267 posts Moderator
    IamFrench wrote: »
    My theory on this new strange promo
    DzMzrTZXgAASO-H.jpg

Min 1 Icon

Min: Northern Ireland Rw

Rating: 23

Sorted.
  • Dan is Clutch
    22490 posts Club Captain
    Common sense prevailed.

Shame the SBC's will probably be after TOTS when nobody cares.
  • Yoshi
    3595 posts National Call-Up
    It's very simple and hopefully people will learn. Do not do SBC's, they are a coin sink.
  • Idek
    8128 posts League Winner
    Yoshi wrote: »
    It's very simple and hopefully people will learn. Do not do SBC's, they are a coin sink.

Nah just do sbc's but accept the risks
  • WFCBagnall
    65267 posts Moderator
    Yoshi wrote: »
    It's very simple and hopefully people will learn. Do SBC's.