NEW PRIME ICON MOMENTS! Share your opinion! VOTE!

Comments

• xGeorgeSmithx
    5591 posts Big Money Move
    I have no words anymore
    SuperRob wrote: »
    Everyone cries for content, now they cry as the new content is better than what they had before.

Community needs to grow up, would you buy a new BMW at every yearly upgrade or moan about the upgrades NO so get realistic and stop being petulant children.

You are obviously clueless to the situation here. Primes were advertised as the best available version of that player. People did the sbcs because they thought they were getting the best version of that player. This is no longer the case and EA have lied to their customers and because the items are now untradeable are unlikely to want to upgrade. Most people arent happy with second best and want the best players.

Using your analogy would you be happy if you bought a BMW that you were told would be the best available and that they wouldnt bring out a better one, only to find out a couple of months later that they were indeeded bring out an upgraded version.

As you say, more content is better, but they have 10,000 other players they could have upgraded and not Prime icons that were advertised as being the best version.

Ok show me anywhere they clearly stated they would NOT bring out anymore, normal CR7 was the best until his TOTY I could go on, it’s black and white so stop trying to pick at things that are clearly not there unless you have the proof.

I’ll use an example,

A person goes out to buy FIFA 19 on the understanding that the game has a 12 months cycle until FIFA 20.

A person on FIFA Ultimate Team could do a POTM or Futmas card, they’re also doing that on the understating that the player could possibly get a higher rated card through IF’s, MOTM’s and TOTS cards.

However, when doing a Prime Icon SBC a person is doing it on the understating that this is the best card of that player.

Therefore with this new Promo a player has been misguided, they didn’t do a Prime Icon they just done the second best version of that player. The Prime aspect of the card is meant to indicate that this is the best card of this player and represents their peak in their playing days.
  • VioIent_Storm
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    More content = more fun
    Mic2904 wrote: »
    Everyone cries for content, now they cry as the new content is better than what they had before.

Community needs to grow up, would you buy a new BMW at every yearly upgrade or moan about the upgrades NO so get realistic and stop being petulant children.

If you want to use a real life example: If you buy an Apple product, you can bring it back within 2 weeks even though you have used it - no questions asked! They dont have to, but they do. On top of that: If you buy a product and they release an upgraded version with that time, you can upgrade as well - again with no questions asked!

In your case, everyone is aware that a BMW gets upgraded, same as mobile phones... Thats what everyone knows and it's evolution. In this case here, i firmly it is different as Icons are classed as the Top tier item within a certain limit and it was/is advertised as exactly that - only to find out that this is not the case!

It’s digital content, they will know the legality of there promos, I just find it stupid to cry over a digital card that has a 6-7 month life.

I done reus and he got upped who cares really
  • Later in the year=end of game cycle
  • VioIent_Storm
    More content = more fun
    SuperRob wrote: »

You are obviously clueless to the situation here. Primes were advertised as the best available version of that player. People did the sbcs because they thought they were getting the best version of that player. This is no longer the case and EA have lied to their customers and because the items are now untradeable are unlikely to want to upgrade. Most people arent happy with second best and want the best players.

Using your analogy would you be happy if you bought a BMW that you were told would be the best available and that they wouldnt bring out a better one, only to find out a couple of months later that they were indeeded bring out an upgraded version.

As you say, more content is better, but they have 10,000 other players they could have upgraded and not Prime icons that were advertised as being the best version.

Ok show me anywhere they clearly stated they would NOT bring out anymore, normal CR7 was the best until his TOTY I could go on, it’s black and white so stop trying to pick at things that are clearly not there unless you have the proof.

I’ll use an example,

A person goes out to buy FIFA 19 on the understanding that the game has a 12 months cycle until FIFA 20.

A person on FIFA Ultimate Team could do a POTM or Futmas card, they’re also doing that on the understating that the player could possibly get a higher rated card through IF’s, MOTM’s and TOTS cards.

However, when doing a Prime Icon SBC a person is doing it on the understating that this is the best card of that player.

Therefore with this new Promo a player has been misguided, they didn’t do a Prime Icon they just done the second best version of that player. The Prime aspect of the card is meant to indicate that this is the best card of this player and represents their peak in their playing days.

No your just assuming based on last year, years of playing Fifa and you would know never to assume anything with EA.

It’s all about the money EA wins simple
  • I have no words anymore
    EA_Andy wrote: »

That's good news.
  • Dalebert
    559 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have no words anymore

"Later in FUT"... Hmmm
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    I have no words anymore

This is a positive but it isn’t enough. We the players need to know when this will be, there is no point if it’s in 4 months time.
  • Barda
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have no words anymore
    Can't wait till we find out the upgrade costs 500k

This is ridiculous, you do realise how much these sbcs cost for the best version of these cards, now I need to submit my prime icon and more to get the new best version of my old best version ? Insane
  • VioIent_Storm
    More content = more fun
    Liamooo wrote: »

This is ridiculous, you do realise how much these sbcs cost for the best version of these cards, now I need to submit my prime icon and more to get the new best version of my old best version ? Insane

Wow this community, so toxic and never happy, you want it for free right ?

If it's only like 200k it's ok, but if it costs like 500k+ it is just ridiculous.
  • JamboAUS
    87 posts Park Captain
    More content = more fun
    More cards at this point really doesn’t matter. If someone packs one they’ll be bloody cheering. Not that I have a hope in hell but still, fun for people who do pack one.
  • Colt_seevers
    994 posts Professional
    I have no words anymore

Can’t help but think you’re completely missing the point being made here mate
  • xCDHx
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have no words anymore
    It’s no surprise as this year Fifa really has gone downhill massively.
    EA don’t care at all about the game and are more interested and desperate in getting people to buy packs, as some of the cards released have been stupid (Future stars/Prime-Primes...)
  • KinggHuss
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have no words anymore
    Mic2904 wrote: »
    EA just tweeted that you can upgrade your prime icon, although later in the game.

GREAT! Even more waiting for Icon SBC's......... As if we've been getting them 24/7
  • KinggHuss
    I have no words anymore
    ASHERLAUYY wrote: »
    Later in the year=end of game cycle

exactly
  • I SiR MartY I
    5277 posts Big Money Move
    Imagine doing a prime icon SBC, spending a lot of coin on the best version of a card that's untradable to then have EA release an even better version you have to buy

:joy:

I’m toxic lol ? Are you ok mate ?

Where have I displayed toxicity? I’ve aired an opinion on the matter in quite a civil manner. I have every right to be annoyed, this is clearly false advertising and I’ve paid good money for a product that’s now completely the opposite of that described when I done it.

Don’t come at me with such nonsense
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    I have no words anymore
    @EA_Andy

I think I speak on behalf of most people in this situation, we don’t want these SBC’s later in the game (as we already know it won’t be in the near future).

We want to be able to upgrade our Prime Icon cards when their new Prime card is released if they’re selected.
  • KuriosOranj
    152 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have no words anymore
    You can never please everyone with promos and stuff, but if the gameplay was on point then I don't think people would complain as much. I for one feel more cheated when I lose a match due to unforseen circumstances that are out of my control. We all know the ai defending is a joke and that some games no matter what you do you're destined to lose. If they sorted the gameplay then our anger wouldn't carry over to everything else. We just feel ignored and to a degree exploited 🤨
  • Futfanatic
    12135 posts Has That Special Something
    I have no words anymore

I mean, thanks Andy, but this doesn't fill me with hope. Nothing about the cost there, nothing about the timing. For all I know it means you can use it in the icon part of the 2.5M moments sbc somewhere in August...
  • VioIent_Storm
    More content = more fun

Where have I displayed toxicity? I’ve aired an opinion on the matter in quite a civil manner. I have every right to be annoyed, this is clearly false advertising and I’ve paid good money for a product that’s now completely the opposite of that described when I done it.

I can’t see false advertising, I’m sure ea know the legality of this before they release such content, it’s people thinking they are lawyers and in the know that’s toxic.

I don’t agree in the way ea do things but I don’t agree the community thinks they know the legality of what they do, if they truly did EA would be in court daily
  • KinggHuss
    I have no words anymore
    We want to be able to upgrade our Prime Icon cards when their new Prime card is released if they’re selected.

Precisely.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5277 posts Big Money Move
    Futfanatic wrote: »

I mean, thanks Andy, but this doesn't fill me with hope. Nothing about the cost there, nothing about the timing. For all I know it means you can use it in the icon part of the 2.5M moments sbc somewhere in August...

If you have to trade in a prime icon and then complete squads on top of that to get a boosted one, it'll be the dumbest thing they've done with icons since the player picks.

It needs to be a straight swap.
    Who can honestly trust this company now ? First the Reus POTM then the 2nd now this prime primes! Who can honestly say that after doing this they won’t release more higher rated icons ? TOTY icons next...
  • KinggHuss
    I have no words anymore
    Futfanatic wrote: »

If you have to trade in a prime icon and then complete squads on top of that to get a boosted one, it'll be the dumbest thing they've done with icons since the player picks.

It needs to be a straight swap.

a straight swap would skyrocket the price of the primes and i dont think EA want that

I can’t see false advertising, I’m sure ea know the legality of this before they release such content, it’s people thinking they are lawyers and in the know that’s toxic.

I don’t agree in the way ea do things but I don’t agree the community thinks they know the legality of what they do, if they truly did EA would be in court daily

You have no clue mate, you’re talking absolute garbage. Ea have been in and out the courts all this year regarding a few matters. Open your eyes.
  • Navraat
    2992 posts National Call-Up
    I have no words anymore
    Dalebert wrote: »

that's my worry, we haven't even got all the prime icons sbc, expect them to be available in summer during futties
  • Boomba
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    I have no words anymore
    Another money grabbing event by the sounds of it.

EA has gotten so low that they are a small Indie company and need to continue to release events so that they can reel in money.

Each event just becomes more and more useless and soon, will serve no purpose.

I wouldn't be surprised if they release pink cards with hearts on Valentines Day or bunny cards during Easter.

People would spend more money if events were scattered than they would if there's an event per week.
    Just release all prime icons in group packs.