If you fall for this Optimus Prime promo then you are.......

Boommaametw3
1816 posts Play-Off Hero
Dumb, goat and a sheep that EA wants. EA greediness know no measure i just can't believe it anymore. First off, pure false advertisement on the "Prime icons" aren't the best cards. I hope there is upgrade SBC for who already completed the "Prime" already.

Now to the promo itself, there are like 200 icons in total in the game and i can assure about only about 5% of players have packed an icon ever. People have played fifa religiously for 5 years plus and never ever packed an icon. So what makes you think you will pack one just because they put a few Optimus Prime icons in packs???? To be put in perspective, OTW this year was a **** promo with players like Keita,Jorginho, Fred etc. Most of them never even got an IF, only Cancelo and Felipe Anderson did well but in September there were 81 rated. It was a miracle for cr7 to even get IF in a 2-2 draw. And the odds for OTW was less than 1% so these optimus prime icons odds would be 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

As for EA, i get it the days of fifapoints are close to the end but EA needs to fire their entire content team. The gameplay is **** and broken but at least the content should be fine.
The messed up every promo, From Scream,Futmas, Black Friday, League SBCs everyone. Only TOTY and future stars were decent promos at least

Headliners was a very stupid promo if they intended to make money cause they gave cards that already had 2 or 3 special cards already meaning there is no hype or demand for them. All what those cards will do is make coin sellers lots of coins since they are live items. They make over 100K each time Rashford score or assist.

Am here thinking they can't make it any worse and now we have this promo. If they want to release a new promo every week. At least, come up with better ideas so give us options and let the community vote.

Pls EA don't a reason to give a promo. If i was in the content team, i would do a promo of players we used at the start but no is using now cause they never get IFs. Players like Walker,Allan,Benjamin Mendy,Umtiti,Rabiot,Bailly etc and give 2 IFs upgrades and name the promo whatever instead of all these nonsense.

Comments

• ASX
    1572 posts Play-Off Hero
    Isn't the term "prime" used with icons something used to describe a player in his prime? Not to say "this is the best card you will ever get"

I don't understand why people hate promos so much; for me it's a gamers dream to get regular new content, cards, etc.

I think with this Prime Icon Moments promo they should make any version of the same untradeable card that was gained through SBC tradeable so at least those players can get some coins back and use towards the higher rated card.
  • eltonholm
    365 posts Sunday League Hero
    ASX wrote: »
    Isn't the term "prime" used with icons something used to describe a player in his prime? Not to say "this is the best card you will ever get"

I don't understand why people hate promos so much; for me it's a gamers dream to get regular new content, cards, etc.

I think with this Prime Icon Moments promo they should make any version of the same untradeable card that was gained through SBC tradeable so at least those players can get some coins back and use towards the higher rated card.

Good point! I have 4 untradable primes..
  • Dumb, goat and a sheep that EA wants. EA greediness know no measure i just can't believe it anymore. First off, pure false advertisement on the "Prime icons" aren't the best cards. I hope there is upgrade SBC for who already completed the "Prime" already.

Now to the promo itself, there are like 200 icons in total in the game and i can assure about only about 5% of players have packed an icon ever. People have played fifa religiously for 5 years plus and never ever packed an icon. So what makes you think you will pack one just because they put a few Optimus Prime icons in packs???? To be put in perspective, OTW this year was a **** promo with players like Keita,Jorginho, Fred etc. Most of them never even got an IF, only Cancelo and Felipe Anderson did well but in September there were 81 rated. It was a miracle for cr7 to even get IF in a 2-2 draw. And the odds for OTW was less than 1% so these optimus prime icons odds would be 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

As for EA, i get it the days of fifapoints are close to the end but EA needs to fire their entire content team. The gameplay is **** and broken but at least the content should be fine.
    The messed up every promo, From Scream,Futmas, Black Friday, League SBCs everyone. Only TOTY and future stars were decent promos at least

Headliners was a very stupid promo if they intended to make money cause they gave cards that already had 2 or 3 special cards already meaning there is no hype or demand for them. All what those cards will do is make coin sellers lots of coins since they are live items. They make over 100K each time Rashford score or assist.

Am here thinking they can't make it any worse and now we have this promo. If they want to release a new promo every week. At least, come up with better ideas so give us options and let the community vote.

Pls EA don't a reason to give a promo. If i was in the content team, i would do a promo of players we used at the start but no is using now cause they never get IFs. Players like Walker,Allan,Benjamin Mendy,Umtiti,Rabiot,Bailly etc and give 2 IFs upgrades and name the promo whatever instead of all these nonsense.

I saw one similar thread on reddit, was it you?😅
  • Bugayoko
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    When all the system that created (fifa points and promo packs) will end (and seeing around is very close) I will be delighted to see the collapse of this farce.

Fifa then become a pay to win because the EA will give the possibility to buy directly the strongest cards for xxx euro? I'm not waiting for anything else! So people will wake up, leave FIFA completely and buy nothing more from this disgusting company.

Ps. I UNDERSTAND that the primary thing of every company is the gain ... But when you pull too much the rope (gain compared to work (and therefore the quality) of your product) you seriously risk losing your reputation and with it the future profit (this is economy) ... And the EA has been pulling rope for too long.
  • Boommaametw3
    1816 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 12

@ASX
    Dude. Pls explain the word "prime"?
    Prime icon is when they were at their peak at their best. For R9 his best was his season at Barca in 96/97. His 94 rated is for world cup run in 2002. So tell me which "iconic moment" in his career can he be better than those 2 times??? There is none. This promo makes zero sense and it is false advertisement for all those who did the SBCs
  • AJS-17
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    Loving the content they are bringing out, and i GUARANTEE someone will pack one of them, I've been lucky and got Veron and prime Ronaldinho in my weekend league / rival rewards... it can be done. As for the prime icons, I did the prime icon SBC cause i wanted prime best, I'm not pissed off theres going to be a better one cause I did the SBC and got what it said I would get, no false advertising haha

I really don't understand why people get so angry about it, your not being forced to play the game,,,, don't like it don't play it haha
  • AJS-17
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 12

@ASX
    Prime icon is when they were at their peak at their best. For R9 his best was his season at Barca in 96/97. His 94 rated is for world cup run in 2002. So tell me which "iconic moment" in his career can he be better than those 2 times??? There is none. This promo makes zero sense and it is false advertisement for all those who did the SBCs

Regarding this, when would you say CR7 was in his prime,,,, whatever year it was he still got MOTM cards and TOTW cards for particular good performances or 'moments'
  • TheFaries_77
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If they put as much effort into gameplay as they do with promos it would be some product!

As for packing icons...…..ive played UT since around fifa 11 or 12, and by far and away our best pack pull was IF Mertins about 3 years ago, and very coincidentally this was pulled when my son got a new PS4 for Christmas, so new game, new PSN account, new user & within a few days we packed a card worth about 800k at the time.

• Boommaametw3
    1816 posts Play-Off Hero
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    Loving the content they are bringing out, and i GUARANTEE someone will pack one of them, I've been lucky and got Veron and prime Ronaldinho in my weekend league / rival rewards... it can be done. As for the prime icons, I did the prime icon SBC cause i wanted prime best, I'm not pissed off theres going to be a better one cause I did the SBC and got what it said I would get, no false advertising haha

I really don't understand why people get so angry about it, your not being forced to play the game,,,, don't like it don't play it haha

@AJS-17
    Lol it is false advertisement that's why people are angry. I did prime ballack cause he was a childhood hero of mine. Did his sbc for 1.6 mill back in December thinking it's his prime ie. Best card. If i know there will be optimus prime card then i wouldn't do the sbc, i would get tradable and wait for these ones. Now i can't get the new one cause this one is untradable.

As for the pack odds, even if everyone spends $1000 on 100k only 5% will pack one of these new icons. Gorilla spent 1 million fifapoints this fifa, played lots of drafts at the start and packed a huge fat ZERO ICONS. That's how bad icon odds are. 1 million fifapoint and he got none
  • alex1987
    5483 posts Big Money Move
    You got what you paid for. Noone told you there wasn't going to be another version.
  • Grifan
    1199 posts Professional
    Amazon super duper prime , delivery within 30 seconds
  • TheDinhoKid10
    1298 posts Professional

@ASX

Regarding this, when would you say CR7 was in his prime,,,, whatever year it was he still got MOTM cards and TOTW cards for particular good performances or 'moments'

That not the same thing. The idea behind legends/icons when they were released was that these were the players at their best or their best in stages of their career. The moments have already been picked when they made the Icons. This is just another stab at our wallets and i cant believe people are defending this
  • Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    alex1987 wrote: »
    You got what you paid for. Noone told you there wasn't going to be another version.

We weren’t told, but there was an implied condition that these were the best versions you could get.

It’s like if you’re looking to upgrade your phone, and in September Apple release the IPhone 10, you buy it. Two weeks later Apple are like LOOL we’re bringing out a better phone this week!

You got what you paid for, but it was assumed based on apples history, that there wouldn’t be a better iPhone until the next year
  • AJS-17
    762 posts Semi-Pro

@AJS-17
    Lol it is false advertisement that's why people are angry. I did prime ballack cause he was a childhood hero of mine. Did his sbc for 1.6 mill back in December thinking it's his prime ie. Best card. If i know there will be optimus prime card then i wouldn't do the sbc, i would get tradable and wait for these ones. Now i can't get the new one cause this one is untradable.

As for the pack odds, even if everyone spends $1000 on 100k only 5% will pack one of these new icons. Gorilla spent 1 million fifapoints this fifa, played lots of drafts at the start and packed a huge fat ZERO ICONS. That's how bad icon odds are. 1 million fifapoint and he got none

its all look of the draw my friend, you assumed that ballack was going to be the best one available throughout fifa, it was never advertised as that. Also you can't be short of coins if you would be buying a moments Ballack (if there even is one) so your pack luck can't be bad. At the end of the day if everyone was packing icons all the time icons wouldnt have the same appeal and everyone would get bored of the game, i know i would anyway, i like the grind and trying to improve my team gradually over the course of fifa.
  • Boommaametw3
    1816 posts Play-Off Hero

@ASX
    Prime icon is when they were at their peak at their best. For R9 his best was his season at Barca in 96/97. His 94 rated is for world cup run in 2002. So tell me which "iconic moment" in his career can he be better than those 2 times??? There is none. This promo makes zero sense and it is false advertisement for all those who did the SBCs[/quote]

Regarding this, when would you say CR7 was in his prime,,,, whatever year it was he still got MOTM cards and TOTW cards for particular good performances or 'moments'[/quote]

Someone like Messi has been amazing his whole career but no one can deny his best is 2012. No matter the iconic moment in like 2015(treble) can make him better than 2012. For Cr7 i would say his prime is 2016 when he won balon dor, uefa best, ucl and Euros for his country.

No moment in time was R9 better than 96/97 season or his 2002 world cup. No "iconic moment" is better than this.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AJS-17
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 12
    sonnyfilth wrote: »

@AJS-17

Maybe because they haven't released a single marquee icon SBC and it's 4+ months in to the game and they dropped them in December last year

They flood us with untradeables but don't release the CONTENT that we can use them on while the game is at it's PEAK

I don't want the SBC when the game is dead

Are people sick or something

They release them 2 months ago last year, TWO MONTHS AGO

So it's not a prediction, it's a blatant slap in the face

GL getting out of Gold 3 and Div 4 btw haha

You don't have to take untradables do you.... so getting 'flooded' with untradables is your own fault so don't complain about it haha theres ,maybe two untradable packs they give you throughout the year where you can't choose to take tradable or coins, the rest is are your decision to take untradables

EDIT - I always take untradables so i'd like one of the marquee ones to be released but i'm not complaining about it, they are available on the market....

You complain about being flooded with untradables and are complaining you can't get certain untradable icons haha
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2992 posts National Call-Up
    Hey dawg. We heard you like Prime icons so we captured their primest moments to make your icons primererer just for you.

Board: Good thinking Bob, that'll do this week. Keep at it and you'll be due for a raise.

Concerned dev Matt at the back:
    B..b..but wouldn't this devalue existing Primes and cause a backlash due to our overzealous cash grabs?

Board: >_> Hey uhh, Matt, why don't you make yourself useful and get us some coffee, oh and grab a sandwich for me. Thanks.
  • Boommaametw3
    1816 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 12
    @AJS-17 pls EA clearly Fuck1ng the community in the butthole and yet you defend them and this promo
    I assumed "prime Ballack" would be the best Ballack??? How can you be better than your prime? And it's my fault???

8y5phu.jpg
    Pls explain what EA meant by "prime" "at their best". Or do you need dictionary? If an iconic moment is better than a player's prime then their prime isn't when they were at their best. Their iconic momment will be at their best. The promo doesn't make any sense. Prime is Prime.

Would be a decent idea if they use new icons not in the game like Drogba,Abidal etc which would be available in packs for a week and that's it. No SBCs but to release icons better than their "Prime" is dumb as hell
  • AJS-17
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 12
    @AJS-17 pls EA clearly Fuck1ng the community in the butthole and yet you defend them and this promo
    I assumed "prime Ballack" would be the best Ballack??? How can you be better than your prime? And it's my fault???

8y5phu.jpg
    Pls explain what EA meant by "prime" "at their best". Or do you need dictionary?

You just said CR7 was at his best / in his prime in 2016,,,,, I'm saying in FUT16 he got better cards than his original FUT16 card for particularly good games / moments. I agree its a bit of a shady move from EA but so what you don't have to buy fifa points you can keep your prime ballack it's not like his stats have gone down or he's unusable now... don't cry about it mate haha
  • Boommaametw3
    1816 posts Play-Off Hero

8y5phu.jpg
    Pls explain what EA meant by "prime" "at their best". Or do you need dictionary?

You just said CR7 was at his best / in his prime in 2016,,,,, I'm saying in FUT16 he got better cards than his original FUT16 card for particularly good games / moments. I agree its a bit of a shady move from EA but so what you don't have to buy fifa points you can keep your prime ballack it's not like his stats have gone down or he's unusable now... don't cry about it mate haha

That is IFs and he got TOTY no Cr7 card is better than toty. So his prime would be toty so no upgrade would be better than his TOTY. His TOTY would his prime according to this stupid logic
  • AJS-17
    762 posts Semi-Pro

8y5phu.jpg

That is IFs and he got TOTY no Cr7 card is better than toty. So his prime would be toty so no upgrade would be better than his TOTY. His TOTY would his prime according to this stupid logic

You can use your prime ballack to upgrade anyway so don't get why your crying about it haha

• Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    sonnyfilth wrote: »

@AJS-17

Maybe because they haven't released a single marquee icon SBC and it's 4+ months in to the game and they dropped them in December last year

They flood us with untradeables but don't release the CONTENT that we can use them on while the game is at it's PEAK

I don't want the SBC when the game is dead

Are people sick or something

They release them 2 months ago last year, TWO MONTHS AGO

So it's not a prediction, it's a blatant slap in the face

GL getting out of Gold 3 and Div 4 btw haha

You don't have to take untradables do you.... so getting 'flooded' with untradables is your own fault so don't complain about it haha theres ,maybe two untradable packs they give you throughout the year where you can't choose to take tradable or coins, the rest is are your decision to take untradables

EDIT - I always take untradables so i'd like one of the marquee ones to be released but i'm not complaining about it, they are available on the market....

You complain about being flooded with untradables and are complaining you can't get certain untradable icons haha

I think it’s more that they’re going out of their way to p*ss us off. They’ve given us a route to be able to obtain icons (untradeable rewards) and yet instead of releasing them they’re releasing prime versions of prime icons that they’ve already released.

The fact that they’re on the market is irrelevant because only the top few percent can afford them outright, they are not in any way more accessible for the vast majority of us. Through grinding each week you would not have the coins to buy one of these top players, however through taking untradeable you might be able too. By refusing to release these sbc’s they’re restriciting this content to serious traders, and people who spend thousands