NEW PRIME ICON MOMENTS! Share your opinion! VOTE!

Comments

• Absolute disgrace, how many people would have done Best SBC if they’d have known there was even a slight possibility a better version would be released?

Prime means prime.

Absolute disgrace EA.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    12808 posts Has That Special Something
    A for creativity
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    lucas wrote: »

..... I can't breathe. He literally gave them the idea.

haha
  • TheMightyBee
    2032 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 12
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just make every single card in the card 92+
  • DanValletta
    1206 posts Professional
    I have no words anymore
    Pezza1984 wrote: »
    Absolute disgrace, how many people would have done Best SBC if they’d have known there was even a slight possibility a better version would be released?

Prime means prime.

Absolute disgrace EA.

I wouldn't have for sure.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5591 posts Big Money Move
    I have no words anymore
    Pezza1984 wrote: »
    Absolute disgrace, how many people would have done Best SBC if they’d have known there was even a slight possibility a better version would be released?

Prime means prime.

Absolute disgrace EA.

I wouldn’t have done any Prime Icon if I was to know there would be a better card at some point and that’s the simple reason I rarely do any other player SBC’s such as Futams and POTM.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    I have no words anymore
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mic2904
    1958 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have no words anymore
    I was considering Best and thankfully I didn't do the SBC, but I did Nedved yesterday morning... Granted he was only 700k and obviously less when I take the packs and sales into consideration, but thats not the point imho. I wanted a Prime icon and will potentially have a not so Prime Icon.

How the hell will they determine these moments anyway? How is that suppose to work?
  • HS
    1727 posts Fans' Favourite
    I hope they change Henry work rates
  • Bugayoko
    219 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have no words anymore
    When all the system that created (fifa points and promo packs) will end (and seeing around is very close) I will be delighted to see the collapse of this farce.

Fifa then become a pay to win because the EA will give the possibility to buy directly the strongest cards for xxx euro? I'm not waiting for anything else! So people will wake up, leave FIFA completely and buy nothing more from this disgusting company.

Ps. I UNDERSTAND that the primary thing of every company is the gain ... But when you pull too much the rope (gain compared to work (and therefore the quality) of your product) you seriously risk losing your reputation and with it the future profit (this is economy) ... And the EA has been pulling rope for too long.
  • I have no words anymore
    I think it's good that they are thinking outside the box more than usual but this is the kind of stuff you save until the next game comes out later this year to add another selling point.

Maybe they are anticipating more countries joining Belgium in removing lootboxes so they bring them out early to cash out?

Either way it's a huge kick in the teeth for the people that have already used up the majority of their coins doing Prime Icon SBC's thinking they were getting the very best version of that Icon only for EA to announce there are better versions coming out soon completely out of the blue.
  • VioIent_Storm
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    More content = more fun
    Everyone cries for content, now they cry as the new content is better than what they had before.

Community needs to grow up, would you buy a new BMW at every yearly upgrade or moan about the upgrades NO so get realistic and stop being petulant children.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    I have no words anymore
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DanValletta
    1206 posts Professional
    edited February 12
    I have no words anymore
    Everyone cries for content, now they cry as the new content is better than what they had before.

Community needs to grow up, would you buy a new BMW at every yearly upgrade or moan about the upgrades NO so get realistic and stop being petulant children.

This is a shining example of what is wrong with peoples mentality and a big reason EA get away with **** on paying customers.

It's extortion, not a gift of new content.

Let the language filter do it's job, thanks. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • VioIent_Storm
    More content = more fun
    sonnyfilth wrote: »

Are you alright?

I'm asking as a concerned member of this community

Because if you think the content people want is a 0.000000000000001% upgraded prime icon from a pack then you have issues maybe lol

The content comes in many forms, millions like SBC’s and millions like to just open packs, they will probs create a sbc later, the moment everyone realises and accepts EA are only doing this for money the less disappointment you will have.

It’s not about you it’s about them, but let’s be honest, is it really worth crying over it’s digital content with a few month lifecycle ?
  • shevyo
    152 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have no words anymore
    Maybe next promo we’ll get playing managers. Imagine Klopp or Sarri subbing them self on in WL to score a 90min header.
  • Bugayoko
    219 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have no words anymore
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    This post is spot on.

I have already been collecting feedback from the forums and will continue doing so throughout the day to pass on to the team.

There isn't much else I can say at the moment. I see the feedback and will make sure it gets to the right place. Appreciate that a lot of you are frustrated with this.

I'm dreaming?
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    I have no words anymore
    The moderators take our feedback and pass it on to the right people but there is not much else they can do. Usually with threads like this they wait for a bit and see if there is any genuine feedback instead of anger, name-calling etc. I would suggest to you guys to put your energy in letting them know why this promo is unfair, unreasonable or whatever. If you think it's great that feedback is also very welcome. Try to steer clear of profanities and such, that will only get the thread closed and defeats the purpose.

This post is spot on.

I have already been collecting feedback from the forums and will continue doing so throughout the day to pass on to the team.

There isn't much else I can say at the moment. I see the feedback and will make sure it gets to the right place. Appreciate that a lot of you are frustrated with this.

You don’t have to say much more, all we needed was to know that a moderator is doing exactly what you’ve says you’re doing and we appreciate it.
  • WellWornBeast
    2128 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've done Best SBC and would feel properly scammed if there was no way to upgrade him to his best version if it were to be released.
  • SuperRob
    1368 posts Professional
    I have no words anymore

You are obviously clueless to the situation here. Primes were advertised as the best available version of that player. People did the sbcs because they thought they were getting the best version of that player. This is no longer the case and EA have lied to their customers and because the items are now untradeable are unlikely to want to upgrade. Most people arent happy with second best and want the best players.

Using your analogy would you be happy if you bought a BMW that you were told would be the best available and that they wouldnt bring out a better one, only to find out a couple of months later that they were indeeded bring out an upgraded version.

As you say, more content is better, but they have 10,000 other players they could have upgraded and not Prime icons that were advertised as being the best version.
  • KinggHuss
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have no words anymore
    The moderators take our feedback and pass it on to the right people but there is not much else they can do. Usually with threads like this they wait for a bit and see if there is any genuine feedback instead of anger, name-calling etc. I would suggest to you guys to put your energy in letting them know why this promo is unfair, unreasonable or whatever. If you think it's great that feedback is also very welcome. Try to steer clear of profanities and such, that will only get the thread closed and defeats the purpose.

This post is spot on.

You don’t have to say much more, all we needed was to know that a moderator is doing exactly what you’ve says you’re doing and we appreciate it.

err no. We want proper attention.... not just for @EA_Andy to come and say "yes we hear you" and then nothing productive happens.............
  • VioIent_Storm
    More content = more fun
    SuperRob wrote: »

You are obviously clueless to the situation here. Primes were advertised as the best available version of that player. People did the sbcs because they thought they were getting the best version of that player. This is no longer the case and EA have lied to their customers and because the items are now untradeable are unlikely to want to upgrade. Most people arent happy with second best and want the best players.

Using your analogy would you be happy if you bought a BMW that you were told would be the best available and that they wouldnt bring out a better one, only to find out a couple of months later that they were indeeded bring out an upgraded version.

As you say, more content is better, but they have 10,000 other players they could have upgraded and not Prime icons that were advertised as being the best version.

Ok show me anywhere they clearly stated they would NOT bring out anymore, normal CR7 was the best until his TOTY I could go on, it’s black and white so stop trying to pick at things that are clearly not there unless you have the proof.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    I have no words anymore
    KinggHuss wrote: »

This post is spot on.

err no. We want proper attention.... not just for @EA_Andy to come and say "yes we hear you" and then nothing productive happens.............

He can’t do much more than gather all the feedback and feed it back to the right people and will keep doing it throughout the day.

I don’t know what you expect, proper attention? What do you mean by that?
  • Kouli06
    1462 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have no words anymore
    So we now have a prime prime?

Can’t wait for prime prime prime!
  • Mic2904
    1958 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have no words anymore

If you want to use a real life example: If you buy an Apple product, you can bring it back within 2 weeks even though you have used it - no questions asked! They dont have to, but they do. On top of that: If you buy a product and they release an upgraded version with that time, you can upgrade as well - again with no questions asked!

In your case, everyone is aware that a BMW gets upgraded, same as mobile phones... Thats what everyone knows and it's evolution. In this case here, i firmly it is different as Icons are classed as the Top tier item within a certain limit and it was/is advertised as exactly that - only to find out that this is not the case!
  • KinggHuss
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have no words anymore
    KinggHuss wrote: »

This post is spot on.

He can’t do much more than gather all the feedback and feed it back to the right people and will keep doing it throughout the day.

I don’t know what you expect, proper attention? What do you mean by that?

I mean after the feedback has been gathered and processed, we should get answers..... and not just ignored with our heads in the clouds because Andy said "we hear you" and **** all happens..... you feel?
  • Dalebert
    559 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have no words anymore
    So we can get moments icon with our sbc icon?
  • Mc_chigby
    555 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have no words anymore
    I am all for more content, loved future stars and headliners was good. However, this promo really is a step too far in the money making tree. Yes I have done some of the Prime Icon SBC's, so for starters this feels like a bit of a slap in the face.

The likely chance of these cards being in packs will be less than 0.00000000001%. No one rarely packs the normal icons let alone any special versions. Then theres the fact that we still haven't had all the current Prime Icon's released in SBC's.

Only the top 2-5% of the Fifa player base will probably be able to afford these players so you are making a promo for a small select group of people. Surely making promo's to include smaller leagues or less popular nationalities (like the future stars promo did well) would be more beneficial to creating fun for all.

The upgrade on these cards compared to the current Primes will probably be minor as well. As cash grabs go, this feels like EA in the Crystal Maze Dome jumping for those gold flakes!
  • Mic2904
    1958 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have no words anymore
    EA just tweeted that you can upgrade your prime icon, although later in the game.