This is not just simple greediness, something is going on.

542 posts An Exciting Prospect
We can all agree the three big problems of EA are:

- Bad new promos designed to milk money
- Gameplay is bad
- Servers are trash

But there is something more to it, something we don't see. If EA would want to milk players for money in a smart way, they should first fix the gameplay, fix the servers and when those are down then start trying to get more money from customers. (It's common sense, more happy customers = more profit)

But... they are not doing this? We all had those times when we did something bad or something happened and we became desperate in fixing it with adrenaline rushing through our veins and we can think only of what's going to happen? (Like crashing our first car when we were kids for example) Well this is the exactly what's happening with EA. I feel like all the new promos and all this hype they are trying to create are just a result from what I said above, but I can't guess why is this happening?

We all know the theory that EA is doing this because FP are getting banned, but is it really the true answer?
Also, why are the servers so bad? There are other companies that have more players connected to the same server and have much more going on and still their servers doesn't have that much of delay? Is it really that hard to do something about it? (Yes, the delay is on EA's end // Proven by u/donhuan09 on reddit // here)

For once I'm looking for real answers not just people saying just "EA is ****" and that's it, I really want to know your opinion in more than 3 words...

Comments

• sonnyfilth
    3742 posts National Call-Up
    1337 wrote: »

- Gameplay is bad
    - Servers are trash

But there is something more to it, something we don't see. If EA would want to milk players for money in a smart way, they should first fix the gameplay, fix the servers and when those are down then start trying to get more money from customers. (It's common sense, more happy customers = more profit)

But... they are not doing this? We all had those times when we did something bad or something happened and we became desperate in fixing it with adrenaline rushing through our veins and we can think only of what's going to happen? (Like crashing our first car when we were kids for example) Well this is the exactly what's happening with EA. I feel like all the new promos and all this hype they are trying to create are just a result from what I said above, but I can't guess why is this happening?

We all know the theory that EA is doing this because FP are getting banned, but is it really the true answer?
    Also, why are the servers so bad? There are other companies that have more players connected to the same server and have much more going on and still their servers doesn't have that much of delay? Is it really that hard to do something about it? (Yes, the delay is on EA's end // Proven by u/donhuan09 on reddit // here)

For once I'm looking for real answers not just people saying just "EA is ****" and that's it, I really want to know your opinion in more than 3 words...

That reddit thing doesn't prove it's on EA's end ffs

Can people stop commenting on IT stuff they have ZERO knowledge on

"oh some guy on reddit posted a picture it must explain it"

AHHHH THIS HURTS MY HEAD AS MUCH AS EA'S STUPID PROFIT LOSING DECISIONS ATM
  • bullettoot
    576 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You didin’t get your answers since the start of FUT. why do you think you’ll get one now. Also they have gotten away with so much before. Nothing is changing they are not milking anything. I’m sure politicans just want a piece of the multi billion pie that is UT. FP sales won’t stop don’t worry.
  • Boomba
    808 posts Semi-Pro
    Small Indie company.
  • Jeyj38
    808 posts Semi-Pro
    FUT customer doesnt need to be happy to spend big cash. Thats the key of everything and the #1 issue.

People are like "cant wait loot boxes get prohibited in the whole world" but will keep spending until then lol. Its time to cut off your addiction now boyz. Why wait?
    sonnyfilth wrote: »

- Gameplay is bad
    - Servers are trash

I'd rather believe that rather than my internet being bad. (800+ mbps / download // 500+ mbps / upload // wired *** 250 mbps / download // 260 mbps / upload // wifi [phone])
  • IamLeeroy
    337 posts Sunday League Hero

- Gameplay is bad
    - Servers are trash

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that if you have very good internet (500+ mbs/250+ upload) and live near the servers and you still get delay, that it's not on your end 😂

• sonnyfilth
    3742 posts National Call-Up
    IamLeeroy wrote: »

- Gameplay is bad
    - Servers are trash

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that if you have very good internet (500+ mbs/250+ upload) and live near the servers and you still get delay, that it's not on your end 😂

AHHHHHHHHH

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS

Ping

Jitter

Packet loss

Routing (something EA doesn't actually control, believe it or not)

You could have 10 billionty millionty gazillionty up and down and those 4 things can and are still issues

I have literally, no exxageration, 3.4 down and .8 up, and I never get delay, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, IN OVER 8 YEARS OF FIFA AT THIS LOCATION

Please stop taking things for face value ffs
  • IamLeeroy
    337 posts Sunday League Hero

- Gameplay is bad
    - Servers are trash

AHHHHHHHHH

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS

Ping

Jitter

Packet loss

You could have 10 billionty millionty gazillionty up and down and those 4 things can and are still issues

I have literally, no exxageration, 3.4 down and .8 up, and I never get delay, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, IN OVER 8 YEARS OF FIFA AT THIS LOCATION

Haha Haha do you even understand what ping or packet loss is ?

If you have a good connection, with good speeds and a good service provider with standard firewall settings, and live on a good geographical location there is no reason why the updates from the client to game server should suffer.

Jitter ? Why would audio distortion effect delay ?

I can understand why packet delivery could effect delay, but doubt that's the issue nearly every player bar you apparently, experiences.
  • JURITO1000
    1147 posts Professional
    edited February 12

AHHHHHHHHH

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS

Ping

Jitter

Packet loss

I dont know why do you defending ea but im gonna explain you something. If 99% people have no issue in all other online games ,only in fifa, it has 2 options.

1. Our internet is trash,but all other companies are amazing and are able to adjust their servers for everybodys internet

2. Ea has bad servers and everything around connectivity

Both of them just shows how bad ea is
  • lucas
    4765 posts National Call-Up
    Nahh it’s called mismanagement
  • They gonna invest into Apex Legends since it attracted 25 million players in on week and still rapidly rising. Its safe money since it is F2P (Fortnite-model) and they wont have any worries

For FIFA 20 they need a bigger budget as usually since they have to rethink/invest into a new pack/FP-model to avoid problems with the law.

My thoughts why they are cash grabbing so hard, could be totally BS though😅
  • FCBlunt
    1570 posts Play-Off Hero
    The servers for Fifa seem to be shared or down priortised for other games. Remember BF5 beta? Yeah? The FIFA servers went offline that day. How about the Anthem demo? Guess what happened. Yup, servers went down.
    This can only mean they purposely move resources around to make their limited network work.

Imagine what it really makes us look like as consumers, seeing how EA treats its costumers for their biggest cashcow. We the Fifa Players are respondsible for so much income, but we’re treated like garbage and downpriortised for other projects.

EA aren’t stupid, they know what’s coming. They’ve been in the know for a while to be fair. We can blame them for many things, but they are not the imbecils they act like.

I guess you can get out of trouble more often, if you just act like you’re **** and cant help it.
  • mindm4ster
    4510 posts National Call-Up
    why would they fix anything if people will still pay them money ?
  • mindm4ster wrote: »

This
  • Kingkay
    1733 posts Fans' Favourite
    That’s the annoying thing

They are happy to milk everyone and keep bringing out promos, but I’ve had lag/delay every weekend and nothing is ever fixed still so many bugs and glitches, if they made these promos and fixed the game I wouldn’t mind

But they don’t fix anything, even Skyrim which has waaay more problems that can go wrong is less buggy than fifa and that’s over 5 years old !!
  • Duncan1972
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special

- Gameplay is bad
    - Servers are trash

Um it does pretty much prove it.

Ive been working in WANs for over 15 years and the Reddit post is spot on, and yes it is in EAs power to fix it, particularly as the poster comments that BF5 servers hosted on AWS perform far better than Fifas ones.

Just because you dont understand it (or want to) it doesn't mean it isn't the case. That post has more evidence and understanding of the issue than your comment which is backed up with absolutely zero information as to why the reddit post doesn't prove it.

• CharlieC
    4929 posts National Call-Up
    I honestly don't know mate, its so chaotic in the FIFA team this year. We joked very early on this year about them letting the work experience kids take over the sbc's but that has now moved to every part of the game.
  • Duncan1972
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special

- Gameplay is bad
    - Servers are trash

AHHHHHHHHH

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS

Ping

Jitter

Packet loss

Haha Haha do you even understand what ping or packet loss is ?

If you have a good connection, with good speeds and a good service provider with standard firewall settings, and live on a good geographical location there is no reason why the updates from the client to game server should suffer.

Jitter ? Why would audio distortion effect delay ?

I can understand why packet delivery could effect delay, but doubt that's the issue nearly every player bar you apparently, experiences.

I cant claim to know what audio jitter is but in networking terms jitter results from network congestion, and is defined as the variance in time delay between packets. Therefore high jitter will manifest in a very uneven online gaming experience. Ie: The game will not play smoothly.

Now Jitter can caused at any point between the EA servers and our Consoles/PCs - but the Reddit post uses PingPlotter to spot the hop where the jitter is most prevalent, and it basically proves that the issue is at EAs end- more specifically the hop just before EAs servers.

So the issue isnt the Fifa servers themselves, but the hop before them- which is within the same Datacenter, so it is quite definitely in EAs power to diagnose this bottleneck and fix it.

• ItsWideRight
    682 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They know the gameplay this game produces is the worst of any football game i have ever played so they are just trying to distract us with more and more cards.
  • Greezyweezy101
    441 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 12
    EA Exec 1 - Let's release a free game like Fortnite and call it Apex Ledgends.

EA Exec 2 - Free? But that will cost us money.

EA Exec 1 - Hold my beer.
  • FCBlunt
    1570 posts Play-Off Hero
    EA Exec 1 - Let's release a free game like Fortnite and call it Apex Ledgends.

EA Exec 2 - Free? But that will cost us money.

EA Exec 1 - Hold my beer.

Screen_Shot_2018-12-07_at_11.35.21_AM.jpg
  • Aguy9916
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My tinfoil hat tells me that the delay and other issues are in there on purpose as a way of guiding frustrated addicted players into spending more FP.... when I take it off though I just think they don't really give a crap as they are making so much money the system is obviously fine... the profits can't be wrong can they?
  • Jack Frost
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The reddit comment was trying to shwo that it doesn't have to be on "your end" or EA's servers it has to do with the path you take from your end to EA's servers. If you're not close to EA or your ISP dosen't provide the most optimal path you'll have delay. Or even if your provider normally provides a decent path if something happens that the path changes this cause also cause delay.

It's harder for folks in Europe than the USA because there are more ISP or exchanges and more potential for least optimal routing between end hosts and EA's servers. This last bit is just an educated guess.

But generally speaking it's not your end (unless you're using wireless, which really what are you doing?) and it's not always EA's servers. The path makes a big difference. Why is it a bigger difference for FIFA than say COD? I have some ideas but can't really back that up.
  • AFC_95
    8729 posts League Winner
    It's been hinted that Ireland might class loot boxes as gambling, and more countries will follow. EA know this so are milking it while they can.
  • Liamooo
    733 posts Semi-Pro
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    EA just milking the cash cow before they hit the upcoming FP dead end

• WellWornBeast
    2069 posts Fans' Favourite
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    EA just milking the cash cow before they hit the upcoming FP dead end

Couldn't be more obvious this is the case
  • kayron16
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite
    JURITO1000 wrote: »

AHHHHHHHHH

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS

Ping

Jitter

Packet loss

I dont know why do you defending ea but im gonna explain you something. If 99% people have no issue in all other online games ,only in fifa, it has 2 options.

1. Our internet is trash,but all other companies are amazing and are able to adjust their servers for everybodys internet

2. Ea has bad servers and everything around connectivity

Both of them just shows how bad ea is

Lol 99% of people have no issue in any other games? Can’t be serious. The poor connection just doesnt have as big of an impact on the end result.

Last year on COD when I was host in online games I’d be literally untouchable. People would die from one burst while people that saw me 1st couldn’t kill me before I turned round and finished them. Also, how many times have you watched a kill cam and they’ve killed you after you’ve gone round a corner.

Only difference between COD and FIFA is that this is 1v1 so you feel the negatives more.

Saying that I understand people’s fustrations from continents outside Europe where servers are few and far between.
    mindm4ster wrote: »

You have no idea about business and this statement proves it. Why would EA fix anything if nobody paid them?
    kayron16 wrote: »
    mindm4ster wrote: »

You have no idea about business and this statement proves it. Why would EA fix anything if nobody paid them?

You know that FIFA 18 was sold in over 20 million copies and at $30 / copy that's $600M, right?
    "if nobody paid them"
  • joehuk
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 12

- Gameplay is bad
    - Servers are trash

AHHHHHHHHH

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS

Ping

Jitter

Packet loss

You've basically also proven what others have said the worse internet better gameplay, lag compensation.

So someone with good bandwidth and ping has.more delay than someone with bad bandwidth and average ping.

Go figure.

I have 75mbps down 15 up. Ping 21 directly to fut servers in the eu yet get attricious gameplay.

So yes the reddit post is spot on.

The hop during games before EA servers is causing the issues.