New versions of icons being released Friday.

Comments

• Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Wtf :D :D :D

Glad I'm done with this. Played 2 games in like 3 weeks now.
  • Glass0nion
    3786 posts National Call-Up
    Hopefully nobody opens packs for a .0001%chance to get these new primes when you had a .001% chance for the "old primes"
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    They realised they killed off the icons with the amount of special cards they dropped. I was saying this for a while that these special promos just keep killing the icon market.
  • Pugzilla
    15200 posts World Class
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    How long before there is sob story on Watch dog or some ****.

“My lad Timmy loves FIFA, he plays it most evenings. He spent his birthday money to save up for a prime icon and now they are not prime!”

They've been on watchdog before over kids spending a fortune

I seen that, the kid spent 5k on his moms card 😂

Retrospective abortion should be a thing.

That’s a bit dark.
  • MaddMike3711
    10143 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 12
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Stay on topic please boys :)

Was just rereading this as I was at work earlier. Holy * you’re a mod now? :D

Congrats!
  • WFCBagnall
    67103 posts Moderator

Congrats!

Thanks Mike, nice to see you back :)
  • MaddMike3711
    10143 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 12

Congrats!

Thanks Mike, nice to see you back :)
    Thanks buddy, nice to see you too. Missed everyone! :heart:
  • Absting159
    6540 posts Moderator
    I believe what we're witnessing is the Sub-Prime Icon crisis of FIFA 19. Bubble bursting. . .

This is the stupidest promo as it truly kills the effort and grind people put in early. Not even Best - just any card in general. You may have owned a Prime thinking you're only dealing with market fluctuation - nope, now you gotta worry about the Prime^2 card because he had a cool moment in his career EA thought was memorable.
  • Energy2099
    68 posts Park Captain
    So last night in two games my Prime Best scored 5 goals, Maradona scored 3 goals. Does that mean I now get a Inform Icon LOL. This is the stupist idea out. EA please top developing fifa you **** it up, and now a pathetic promo.
  • Alandx
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    only 3 cards will release this friday?
  • Any tym7
    1377 posts Professional
    edited February 12
    Im just happy we have better icons to use after using toty players the prime icons needed a boost there not that special anymore 😂😂😂😂

So glad i swapped all my prime icons for toty players now

Also prime icon prices will come down which isnt a bad thing either making them more affordable there all way overpriced atm ill take a toty player all day over a prime icon
  • Rb10119
    1739 posts Play-Off Hero
    Surely they have to let us trade in our old primes and couple hundred k for these new ones
  • BeefyRabouter
    678 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What if the reason behind all of this isnt as grimm as people think? Maybe ea want to release A 93 Gullit sbc, but With his price being 5 mil atm its very difficult to determine the sbc price. Maybe they guess that this way the 93 will come crashing down, allowing them to make it A 3 mil sbc?
  • Humma78
    2220 posts Fans' Favourite
    No amount of reasoning can change the fact my prime Best and maybe my Prime Raul will no longer be the best version available! I only invested my coins into them for that reason and that reason only.
  • Mc
    3798 posts National Call-Up
    Any tym7 wrote: »
    Im just happy we have better icons to use after using toty players the prime icons needed a boost there not that special anymore 😂😂😂😂

So glad i swapped all my prime icons for toty players now

Also prime icon prices will come down which isnt a bad thing either making them more affordable there all way overpriced atm ill take a toty player all day over a prime icon

This. Its all about Toty cards this year
  • Hibee
    10949 posts Has That Special Something
    Late to the party here but wtf is this piece of s*** promo. They are straight up ripping the p***. So the prime is actually the second best version those cards. Absolute nonsense.
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13883 posts Moderator
    Not particularly well thought out considering there a loads of primes still to come as well.

Chances are, there will be a small amount of cards and most will be unobtainable anyway.

Haven’t done any Primes myself but I’d be annoyed if I had. Hopefully, bar Best, these are all cards that haven’t had a prime SBC release yet.

Will look forward to Cruyff if he comes. Although I’ll barely be able to afford... may make his current prime cheaper though!
  • G12OGN
    1514 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 12
    Content creators be rolling into work next monday be like...

made-of-money-gif.gif
  • Shaanxz
    19552 posts World Class
    They should have left the top tier ones and super juiced icons like inzaghi to make them more useable
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13883 posts Moderator
    Tough position really cause the community are asking for more and more content but then don’t want high rated cards like MUT etc.

Not sure how they can get desirable content into the game without doing that?

This icons thing is pretty dumb granted, but like Blarix said. If they keep dumping these insane cards to keep people happy, ICONs are useless anyway!
  • jenksiee123
    20549 posts Club Captain
    Still can't get me head around this. The premise of the 3 diff versions was to reflect different moments/periods in their careers so why the need for a fourth lol.
  • TakeItSlow
    4471 posts National Call-Up
    Still can't get me head around this. The premise of the 3 diff versions was to reflect different moments/periods in their careers so why the need for a fourth lol.

I think the point of that was to reflect them over years and these new ones are specific moments. Like a final or whatever.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Icons should always have been the best possible cards on the game. The ratings of the top icons should be 99/98 .
  • DougInskip
    5895 posts Big Money Move
    SBCs for your primes just been confirmed
  • jenksiee123
    20549 posts Club Captain
    Fair play, I guess
  • jenksiee123
    20549 posts Club Captain
    Confirms that they will be released as SBCs
  • DougInskip
    5895 posts Big Money Move
    That’s great news for me, haven’t got any primes but wanted moments Pele
  • Hibee
    10949 posts Has That Special Something
    Tough position really cause the community are asking for more and more content but then don’t want high rated cards like MUT etc.

Not sure how they can get desirable content into the game without doing that?

This icons thing is pretty dumb granted, but like Blarix said. If they keep dumping these insane cards to keep people happy, ICONs are useless anyway!

I think this is a lot different from dropping normal content. Its the fact that people have spent their coins on untradable cards of what they thought were the best versions of Icons. Many wouldn't have done so if they knew this was coming as they want the best versions of the Icons. The mode is called Ultimate Team after all. It reeks of getting every last penny they can and showing total disregard for their player base. Pretty disgusting to be honest.
  • maXmood
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite
    yea, SBCs after TOTS! >.<
  • murazorr
    212 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 12
    Wow I cant believe it!!! :trollface: Just what I and other people that used their brains said yesterday when this was announced. I asked for patience, for more info and see exactly how it will work. I, @Reus, @WFCBagnall and the others were called "obtuse" and stuff :joy:
    #instagramgeneration

Probably sbc will be released in 2 months tho :joy: