Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    13977 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 11

Best player in the world ON CURRENT FORM.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    How much do you guys reckon Pogba would cost in the current market?

200M?
  • Ahmer50x
    Shane wrote: »
    How much do you guys reckon Pogba would cost in the current market?

200M?

de Gea, Pogba, Rashford, and Martial are unsellable. Unless they are militantly opposed to staying, you keep them no matter what the bid is.

Having said that, if Pogba tried to force his way out this summer, I'd reckon we'd be looking for 150-200M.
  • Tornado31619
    14932 posts World Class
    The top ten football clubs in the world, according to France Football:
    The team at France Football (h/t Marca) ordered clubs on a points system that took into account "players, television audiences, social media following, average attendances, income, expenses, market value of the team and the historical importance of the club."

1. Real Madrid (184 pts)

2. Barcelona (177 pts)

3. Manchester United (151 pts)

4. Bayern Munich (135 pts)

5. Liverpool (120 pts)

6. Juventus (107 pts)

7. Paris Saint-Germain (94 pts)

8. Chelsea (91 pts)

9. Manchester City (89 pts)

10. Arsenal (88 pts)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2820356-real-madrid-tops-barcelona-as-worlds-biggest-club-per-france-football
  • Adrian095
    33654 posts National Team Captain
    #NevesWatch
  • Pxul_
    7131 posts Big Money Move
    Pogba is a poor mans james milner
  • Tristan_Pecan
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Pogba is a poor mans james milner

2/10 for that attempt. You can do better.
  • Adrian095
    33654 posts National Team Captain
  • Ahmer50x
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-news-next-manager-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-permanent-odds-video-a8773821.html

Lots of nuggets in this one.

"Key sources now see [Solskjaer] as almost inevitable"

"Sir Alex Ferguson [is] backing the Norwegian."

"Solskjaer held discussions with officials in the last week, and The Independent has been told that talks have reached the point where potential summer transfer targets have been discussed, while he has also been looking at possible houses in the area."

"United would prioritise a centre-half and right-back in the summer, while looking to move around four fringe players on to free up the squad."

I'd imagine that's probably Rojo, Valencia, Darmian, and one other.
  • Keano
    11351 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-news-next-manager-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-permanent-odds-video-a8773821.html

"Solskjaer held discussions with officials in the last week, and The Independent has been told that talks have reached the point where potential summer transfer targets have been discussed, while he has also been looking at possible houses in the area."

"United would prioritise a centre-half and right-back in the summer, while looking to move around four fringe players on to free up the squad."

Wouldnt mind that, rojo valenciaC darmian, then maybe one of the yourh players that rarelt play? Either of the pereira brothers? fred (expensive but he isnt first team or subs a fair amount), then we’ll have mctominay on loan it seems, hopefully one of tuanzebe and fosu mensah will be given a chance... fosu at cdm tuanzebe at cb, though fosu could get good game time, tuanzebe wouldnt play enough so prob needs a PL loan.
  • Ahmer50x
    Keano wrote: »

Wouldnt mind that, rojo valenciaC darmian, then maybe one of the yourh players that rarelt play? Either of the pereira brothers? fred (expensive but he isnt first team or subs a fair amount), then we’ll have mctominay on loan it seems, hopefully one of tuanzebe and fosu mensah will be given a chance... fosu at cdm tuanzebe at cb, though fosu could get good game time, tuanzebe wouldnt play enough so prob needs a PL loan.

Don’t think the Pereira’s are brothers but I expect Andreas to refuse to renew and leave this summer. Joel will probably be sold off too.

If that happens, our backup CMs would be TFM, McTominay, and Fred. Don’t think you can do a whole season with that so I’d imagine that while CB and RB are rightly the focus, we may go for a CM as well.
  • Keano
    They are brothers.

Would loan out mctominay and keep andreas honestly... but yeah we would need a back up.
  • Ahmer50x
    edited February 11
    They are brothers.

Would loan out mctominay and keep andreas honestly... but yeah we would need a back up.

Just checked. They are not related. One is Belgian/Brazilian and the other is portugese. There’s a video of Andreas saying Joel is “like my brother from another mother”

Problem with keeping Andreas is that his one year option is mutual so he’d have to agree. He’s been pretty clear about wanting to play regularly so I can’t see that happening.
  • Keano
    They are brothers.

Just checked. They are not related. One is Belgian/Brazilian and the other is portugese. There’s a video of Andreas saying Joel is “like my brother from another mother”

Problem with keeping Andreas is that his one year option is mutual so he’d have to agree. He’s been pretty clear about wanting to play regularly so I can’t see that happening.

Ah heard years ago that they were split to those two countries at birth one with the mum one wth the dad but guess not. Nah he wont stay Ole isnt going to play him as much when herrera matic and pogba is working so well and we’re on the verge of top 4 if we can come out of this next month around where we are now
  • Ahmer50x
    They are brothers.

Ah heard years ago that they were split to those two countries at birth one with the mum one wth the dad but guess not. Nah he wont stay Ole isnt going to play him as much when herrera matic and pogba is working so well and we’re on the verge of top 4 if we can come out of this next month around where we are now

It’s not just how good those three have been.

Pereira was awful against Reading and Burnley so he isn’t exactly earning more minutes.

Personally, I think the way to go would be to give Fosu Mensah a chance, hope Fred comes good, loan out McTominay and buy one more midfielder.

Personally, I like Declan Rice and Ruben Neves but there are obviously other options.
  • Keano
    They are brothers.

Pereira was awful against Reading and Burnley so he isn’t exactly earning more minutes.

Personally, I think the way to go would be to give Fosu Mensah a chance, hope Fred comes good, loan out McTominay and buy one more midfielder.

Personally, I like Declan Rice and Ruben Neves but there are obviously other options.

Fosu mensah rotate with matic to give him a season to prove himself, fred and herrera rotate and pogba needs a rotation... dont think any cm has pogbas kind of play on the pitch though, as in... his passing/vision along with his quick run, tall, agile etc.

Do think its over for andreas and i can see joel lasting one more year on loan before thinking its time to leave if he doesnt get the spot when romero goes (be it a year or two)
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    30562 posts National Team Captain
    Pereira’s displays at the beginning of the season should earn him a few more chances. There’s clearly a player there and he was fantastic in all those games because being dropped completely just for the return of Matic.

But as stated he’ll likely refuse and move on this summer, which is unfortunate
  • Retro_G
    26968 posts Player of the Year
    Pereira’s displays at the beginning of the season should earn him a few more chances. There’s clearly a player there and he was fantastic in all those games because being dropped completely just for the return of Matic.

But as stated he’ll likely refuse and move on this summer, which is unfortunate

We should give him a run out against Chelsea on Monday.
  • Ahmer50x
    They are brothers.

Fosu mensah rotate with matic to give him a season to prove himself, fred and herrera rotate and pogba needs a rotation... dont think any cm has pogbas kind of play on the pitch though, as in... his passing/vision along with his quick run, tall, agile etc.

Do think its over for andreas and i can see joel lasting one more year on loan before thinking its time to leave if he doesnt get the spot when romero goes (be it a year or two)

Doucoure from Watford maybe? Could play any of the midfield positions and is quite decent going forward too.
  • Keano
    They are brothers.

Doucoure from Watford maybe? Could play any of the midfield positions and is quite decent going forward too.

Could do but it would depend on how much watford would want as hes one of their better players... and if our main targets are cb and rb.... then it seems cm, cdm (so hopefully TFM) and rw are staying the same for another year.
  • Kman
    2567 posts Fans' Favourite
    To beat Liverpool at Old Trafford to effectively end their title chance...I mean I don’t think anything could make me happier
  • Wz000
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Would really like us to get a RW
  • Sellish
    8244 posts League Winner
    wth22 wrote: »
    Don't think I've genuinely been this excited yet anxious in anticipation before a big game in the post-Fergie era.
    Really looking forward to this one regardless of how it ends up.

Same here.
  • Pxul_
    7131 posts Big Money Move
    Kman wrote: »
    To beat Liverpool at Old Trafford to effectively end their title chance...I mean I don’t think anything could make me happier

1 loss won’t hurt our title chances 😂

It won’t help but we’d still be level on points with city 🤷‍♂️