SPFL/Scottish Lounge

Comments

• fergoosee
    11745 posts Has That Special Something
    wow that dobbie goal
  • SC1967
    10549 posts Has That Special Something
    Another awful decision. Never a penalty.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17074 posts World Class
    McGinn changed the game, some goal by dobbie and a questionable penalty decision from where I was
  • jocksaltire_67
    506 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Easy days. Hattrick for Sinclair.

Burke was unreal today. His pace and power is frightening.

And that Brown goal...wow.

Burke will surely be knocking on the door for Scotland now. Is he playing as a striker or a winger?

Striker

And he should 100% be in the next squad. Offers a different dimension. Very few defenders will be able to keep up with him.

From what I remember of him he is built like a brick s*** house but can shift like f***. It was his composure that let him down but that will come with age and experience. I'm the perennial pessimist when it comes to Scotland but I really feel we have a decent generation coming through.

He probably needed a manager like Rodgers earlier in his development to improve his technical ability. But he has serious potential. He’ll never reach that level, but you can see where the “Scottish Bale” comparisons come from. He has that same running power.

I'm surprised that Leipzig sold him to West Brom because Hassenhuttl is a proper coach and has done well developing young players. Fair play though to Rodgers for unleashing his talents though.
  • RfCxAmy
    5226 posts Big Money Move
    Tough draw for us if we go on to beat Killie. Certainly doing it the hard way if we’re to have any chance of winning the cup.
  • SC1967
    I’ll take that.
  • fergoosee
    RfCxAmy wrote: »
    Tough draw for us if we go on to beat Killie. Certainly doing it the hard way if we’re to have any chance of winning the cup.

operation stop gerrard winning the cup
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17074 posts World Class
    Lovely
  • PintOfMagennis
    4318 posts National Call-Up
    fergoosee wrote: »
    RfCxAmy wrote: »

operation stop gerrard winning the cup

think its more to stop clarke winning it tbh
  • fergoosee
    thats some draw for dundee utd btw. great chance to be in a semi final
  • jamle1874
    6578 posts Big Money Move
    Would liked to be at home but should have enough to get through Partick away, nice to play teams other than hibs and Celtic
  • Hibee
    11416 posts Has That Special Something
    Brutal draw but already beaten Celtic at home so never know.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5592 posts Big Money Move
    fergoosee wrote: »
    thats some draw for dundee utd btw. great chance to be in a semi final

A very decent chance!
  • Hibee
    Just realised Hibs have won both the last 2 games against Celtic at Easter Road. 5 years since they beat us through here. May not be quite as easy as their fans think.
  • Hibee
    So yeah, Prime Prime Icons!? You got to laugh at how low this company will go for the bottom line. Cant wait to see some of the Prime Icons I have are no longer the best versions. Just did Nedved at the weekend. Wont be happy to see a new version of him before I have even had a chance to use him.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    Hibee wrote: »
    So yeah, Prime Prime Icons!? You got to laugh at how low this company will go for the bottom line. Cant wait to see some of the Prime Icons I have are no longer the best versions. Just did Nedved at the weekend. Wont be happy to see a new version of him before I have even had a chance to use him.

It’s outrageous mate
  • Hibee

It’s outrageous mate

Its one of the first things they have done that has actually shocked me mate. I have done the SBCs for Baresi, Stoichkov, Rijkaard and Nedved on the understanding that they are the best versions of each card. Seems doubtful that at least one of those wont have an upgraded card now. An absolute joke.
  • xGeorgeSmithx

It’s outrageous mate

Its one of the first things they have done that has actually shocked me mate. I have done the SBCs for Baresi, Stoichkov, Rijkaard and Nedved on the understanding that they are the best versions of each card. Seems doubtful that at least one of those wont have an upgraded card now. An absolute joke.

I agree, it’s as low as it comes in terms of anything they have ever done. I’ve done Raul and Best on the understanding they were the best version of that card that would be available which won’t be true come these new cards meaning I ain’t got what I paid for, I paid for the best version of the player not the second best version.

The backlash is massive, all you have to do is look in all the sections of the forum such as General, Xbox and PS. You could also look at the replies to the original tweet on Twitter and I would imagine Reddit is just as bad.

However, even with the backlash I will expect them to go ahead and release the cards without a way for people who have been **** over to upgrade their cards which were sold to them on the understating of them been the highest rated one.
  • Hibee

It’s outrageous mate

I agree, it’s as low as it comes in terms of anything they have ever done. I’ve done Raul and Best on the understanding they were the best version of that card that would be available which won’t be true come these new cards meaning I ain’t got what I paid for, I paid for the best version of the player not the second best version.

The backlash is massive, all you have to do is look in all the sections of the forum such as General, Xbox and PS. You could also look at the replies to the original tweet on Twitter and I would imagine Reddit is just as bad.

However, even with the backlash I will expect them to go ahead and release the cards without a way for people who have been **** over to upgrade their cards which were sold to them on the understating of them been the highest rated one.

Yeah Iv actually just had a look at reddit and the backlash is the same over all social media. It’s a step too far for many.

I personally think they are trying to milk the game for all they can before packs are banned all over Europe (Germany the latest to look into this). FUT could be very different next year.
  • xGeorgeSmithx

It’s outrageous mate

Yeah Iv actually just had a look at reddit and the backlash is the same over all social media. It’s a step too far for many.

I personally think they are trying to milk the game for all they can before packs are banned all over Europe (Germany the latest to look into this). FUT could be very different next year.

100% milking it before they have to change it up, Ireland as well are very close to banning the loot system as well.
  • Derryboy1893
    3542 posts National Call-Up

It’s outrageous mate

100% milking it before they have to change it up, Ireland as well are very close to banning the loot system as well.

Definitely this. Its a farce that reeks of desperation. I'm normally the 'it's only a game' or 'why complain about more content' guy but this is too much. I've got 6 atm (admittedly most just primed for a big prime SBC but what's the point now)
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    edited February 12

It’s outrageous mate

Definitely this. Its a farce that reeks of desperation. I'm normally the 'it's only a game' or 'why complain about more content' guy but this is too much. I've got 6 atm (admittedly most just primed for a big prime SBC but what's the point now)

I don’t really mind lots of cards being added to the game within reason as it allows for more usable options when building a team but this just takes the ****.
  • Derryboy1893

It’s outrageous mate

I don’t really mind lots of cards being added to the game within reason as it allows for more usable options when building a team but this just takes the ****.

Exactly
  • Derryboy1893
    edited February 12
    Well there will be an option to trade in your not so prime for an optimal prime
  • SC1967
    Just realised Hibs have won both the last 2 games against Celtic at Easter Road. 5 years since they beat us through here. May not be quite as easy as their fans think.

It won’t be easy, but Hibs without Lenny is a much ‘easier’ prospect than Hibs with Lenny.
  • Hibee

I doubt it. From the wording it sounds like these ones will be packs only. Although I guess the backlash (if enough) may make them reconsider.
  • Derryboy1893

I doubt it. From the wording it sounds like these ones will be packs only. Although I guess the backlash (if enough) may make them reconsider.

They've announced it. Although very vague with the use of 'later'
  • Hibee

They've announced it. Although very vague with the use of 'later'

Ah so they have, cheers for pointing out. The cynic in me thinks this is indeed due to the backlash all over social media.
  • Sykesy
    4205 posts National Call-Up
    Magic moments cards certainly means VanBasten volley is a cert. I can understand people’s frustrations and disgust at the money grab but I don’t get the impact. The value of high end icons are already out of reach for majority so these cards will just be as rare. I’m hoping it pushes the value of other icons down and can get closer to R9

EA have continually messed up in every department of this game. Fifa20 could actually just kill it completely if this is the madness you’re now getting every week
  • Hibee
    Sykesy wrote: »
    Magic moments cards certainly means VanBasten volley is a cert. I can understand people’s frustrations and disgust at the money grab but I don’t get the impact. The value of high end icons are already out of reach for majority so these cards will just be as rare. I’m hoping it pushes the value of other icons down and can get closer to R9

EA have continually messed up in every department of this game. Fifa20 could actually just kill it completely if this is the madness you’re now getting every week

Its the principle this time mate. We all bought these players on the understanding that they were the best versions. Its really nothing at all to do with the impact in game. I know you are a pretty massive EA fan, but surely you can see what they have done here is wrong. Even having to spend more on the new versions SBC is a kick in the nads!