New versions of icons being released Friday.

Comments

• ccooaattssyy
    8222 posts League Winner
    Milner wrote: »
    It's dumb to do it at this point. But this is how they should always have done multiversity icons.

One main icon, then an if/moment icon on the anniversary of said moment.

Or the 1 version they are sharing now in packs day 1, SBC through the year.

Give some juiced stats to lower ones too.
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    Ning wrote: »
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    I think people on here underestimate how few people are doing these Prime Icon challenges.

Well every opponent I’ve ever played in WL has so...

I don't really play WL that often but I played all 30 this weekend and only played 1 team with Icons.

how good is your team and where did you finish? that plays a huge role
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    vibemix881 wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    murazorr wrote: »
    Reus wrote: »
    I mean it's a good job Icons were so easy to pack in the first place or else these would be a tad bit expensive...

They're all gonna be 5 mill

But everyone somehow feels shafted because they did nedved for 800k

What about those who have done Best? You seem to be struggling to understand this, or are purposefully being obtuse.

People have done SBCs on the basis they have the best version of that specific icon. For EA to now throw out better versions of those icons isn’t right. How many people
    Would do a prime icon SBC to then see a better version of said icon was available?

Very few.

OK so you tell us if you knew that OTW Best :trollface: will be available on market for and insane price for probably 2 months
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Bobb wrote: »
    Are the people who think this is a good by EA trolling?

Imagine locking in millions of coins into untradeable prime icons, which EA have indicated will be the best version of that card all year. If you can’t trade in primes for every one of these new cards (which will not be the case) it’s a **** farce

You do know that the majority of the moment cards will be of icons that havent already been released right? For the time being the only people who can feel a little angered is the 93 Best owners, but until we know 100% whether that 93 Best owners will be able to upgrade via an sbc, then all anybody can do is wait and see.

Stop thinking. Just moan like all the cool kids do :joy:

All I did was moan before about promos and I was told I was boring.

I prefer boring bagnall tbf

• Vacant
    426 posts Sunday League Hero
    I suspect next week will see a 97-rated Geralt of Rivia thanks to a CDPR tie-in.
  • Dan is Clutch
    25440 posts Player of the Year
    I think people on here underestimate how few people are doing these Prime Icon challenges.

I don't really play WL that often but I played all 30 this weekend and only played 1 team with Icons.

I find that very hard to believe.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    I play against icons every other game.
  • Andybelfast
    10956 posts Has That Special Something
    I feel sorry for the guys who have done the bigger primes.

I've done Campbell and nedved but I don't really care much about the game so I'm not all that bothered tbh
  • Ning
    959 posts Semi-Pro
    Shehraj wrote: »

how good is your team and where did you finish? that plays a huge role

87 rated, and Gold 3. So I feel like if it was common I'd have clocked one.
  • DutyHarry
    4942 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 11
    Vacant wrote: »
    I suspect next week will see a 97-rated Geralt of Rivia thanks to a CDPR tie-in.

CDprojekt is one of the rarest companies that actually cares about their customers in this industry.
  • Adrian095
    edited February 11
    They have to something for those who have done these sbc. They can't just shaft a huge portion of the playerbase this way

They did in Fifa 16 when they decided to make CR7 TOTS card 99 when his toty was 98 after clearly stating TOTY cards would be the highest version for that particular player.

EA have no values or morals
  • ccooaattssyy
    8222 posts League Winner
    How long before there is sob story on Watch dog or some ****.

“My lad Timmy loves FIFA, he plays it most evenings. He spent his birthday money to save up for a prime icon and now they are not prime!”
  • Keano
    13670 posts Has That Special Something
    Serious queston @WFCBagnall @SupaNoodle1990 (two that i know do sbcs).

Lets say these dynamics are pack only (worst case scenario) will doing the prime sbc (of the ones we had before tonight) make much difference to you (asking as i feel the issue is part those who have done the icons thatll be used are shafted, but also doing an sbc for a second best prime is useless as most want icons for the nostalgia so want the best versions).
  • Bobb
    646 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 11

Cool, so it’s alright to tell 20% of the player base they can go **** themselves as long as you get money from the 80% that buy these dumbass packs?

• McRaven
    4594 posts National Call-Up
    Vacant wrote: »

Would not be against that.
  • DutyHarry
    4942 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 11
    Keano wrote: »

Lets say these dynamics are pack only (worst case scenario) will doing the prime sbc (of the ones we had before tonight) make much difference to you (asking as i feel the issue is part those who have done the icons thatll be used are shafted, but also doing an sbc for a second best prime is useless as most want icons for the nostalgia so want the best versions).

Honestly a +1 ovr is nothing and won't make any difference, just look at the UCL cards they released at the beginning of this game, it's the symbolism behind that which is infuriating for us regular players, meaning they dont give af and will find a way to screw us by any means possible.
  • BcfcDale88
    3855 posts National Call-Up
    All this moaning, but you won’t conplain when you pack one...
  • Alexrb89
    3455 posts National Call-Up

Holy paranthesis
  • SupaNoodle1990

Not a chance they do SBC’s. This is cash only.

And yes it would bother me, I want the best version, some people have already paid for the best version, to be told randomly that it’s not anymore. Outrageous imo.
  • Sixtech
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 11
    After EA releases this crap, will you guys keep doing icon SBCs knowing you will probably not even get the best version of that player?

I have 3 untradable prime icons, one of those is already announced to be in this.

Would i have done these SBCs knowing about this beforehand? NO I WOULD NOT.
    If you play FIFA 20 and they release prime icon SBCs why would you do it, knowing about this?

Im pissed about this, way more than the headliners promo. At least i bought 3 headliners since the prices were decent, Super Icons prices will not be decent, they will be way too rare and expensive.
  • Pugzilla
    16387 posts World Class
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    I’m still just sitting here in disbelief. Who is making these plays at EA? There is so much wrong with this.

-Pack only, how many people have even packed one Icon this year or in their life? These cards will be stupid rare.
    -Their cost, who exactly will be able to afford these cards. I’ve played insane amounts of FIFA and still can’t afford a 93 Matthaus let alone a 94. Henry, same thing.
    -New cards after this, Nothing is safe now. Better cards like Vinicius popping up weekly as it is but now new versions that are better than the Primes themselves?

Just want to vomit. The audacity to do this when their product is universally panned blows my mind. I guess they just want to bleed the 19 turnip dry and take the hit on long term retention. (Which is a dumb AF move imo)

They made a 99 Jonny Manziel on MUT how can anything surprise people

They also have 100+ stats on MUT. I always thought that would come to FIFA too. After a while over here though I kinda thought that may be off limits but maybe it isn’t. Next year I bet they do 100+ stats. Just a question for those in here that may not know another UT, what would make you more upset, Prime prime icons or a 101 rated TOTS Ronaldo?

• Ning
    959 posts Semi-Pro
    Bobb wrote: »

Cool, so it’s alright to tell 20% of the player base they can go **** themselves as long as you get money from the 80% these dumbass packs?

I don't think 20% is the right number bud. I'd guess closer to a teeny part of the player base. I'd reckon even then the richest players go for the expensive Prem/Barca/Madrid player before Icons.
  • ccooaattssyy
    8222 posts League Winner
    BcfcDale88 wrote: »

Chances of packing one similar to margot Robbie asking you over for a BDSM session.
  • Keano
    DutyHarry wrote: »

Honestly a +1 ovr is nothing and won't make any difference, just look at the UCL cards they released at the beginning of this game, it's the symbolism behind that which is infuriating for us regular players, meaning they dont give af and will find a way to screw us by any means possible.

Oh yeah i dont lok at the stats and go oh my god thatll make a massive difference its more... i bought into an sbc thats a prime version (so the best), its more being stuck with a second version... if you can chuck it into an snc for that prime dynamic then ill be happier, dybami pictures are important now we know they can do it also.
  • Milner
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite

Chances of packing one similar to margot Robbie asking you over for a BDSM session.
    Oh lordy
  • SupaNoodle1990

Oh yeah i dont lok at the stats and go oh my god thatll make a massive difference its more... i bought into an sbc thats a prime version (so the best), its more being stuck with a second version... if you can chuck it into an snc for that prime dynamic then ill be happier, dybami pictures are important now we know they can do it also.

That’s another point. It’s only took them 2 years to realise they can do dynamics if they remove the badge.

F****** hell.
  • ccooaattssyy
    8222 posts League Winner

That’s another point. It’s only took them 2 years to realise they can do dynamics if they remove the badge.

F****** hell.

Best brains in the industry
  • Adrian095

:D :D :D
  • Keano

F****** hell.

@SupaNoodle1990 be fair to them mate, they only took 5 months to realise scream cards were ingame to swap them.
  • SupaNoodle1990

Nah, that’s way more likely.
  • Pauldejong6
    6725 posts Big Money Move
    Cant care.