Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Liam9lfc
    8527 posts League Winner
    I think we are having two different debates here. I'm pretty sure Doofus and the rest of us are making the point that Salah is in the same bracket as Mbappe and Neymar as a player, not transfer value (I certainly am anyway).
  • Shshj
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    When I watch them, Neymar & Mbappe feels like more complete and less one dimensional.

But I may be wrong.
    So let's say Mbappe and Salah is just as good.
    Why would 26 year old Salah be worth more then 20 year old WC and ligue 1 winner (with Monaco)?

Because he’s the best player in the world

Stop it. He's not the best player in the world.

He is he’s way better than mbappe and neymar, not even a comparison since they play in the 6th best league in the workd😂

I guess Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi play hockey then.
  • Pxul_
    7900 posts League Winner
    When I watch them, Neymar & Mbappe feels like more complete and less one dimensional.

But I may be wrong.
    Why would 26 year old Salah be worth more then 20 year old WC and ligue 1 winner (with Monaco)?

He is he’s way better than mbappe and neymar, not even a comparison since they play in the 6th best league in the workd😂

They’re old now, we’ll past their time. Whereas Salah is ruining the best league in the world in back to back seasons
  • Shshj
    4193 posts National Call-Up

But I may be wrong.

They’re old now, we’ll past their time. Whereas Salah is ruining the best league in the world in back to back seasons

You're right. Lionel Messi, who currently has 29 goals and 17 assists for the season; and is the only reason a subpar Barcelona are still relevant, is well past his time.

Cristiano Ronaldo, who is currently sitting on 20 goals and 10 assists for the season having won his third consecutive Champions League last year, is well past his time.
  • SDoofus
    5046 posts Big Money Move
    @Pxul_ stop it :D
  • Pxul_
    7900 posts League Winner

But I may be wrong.

You're right. Lionel Messi, who currently has 29 goals and 17 assists for the season; and is the only reason a subpar Barcelona are still relevant, is well past his time.

Cristiano Ronaldo, who is currently sitting on 20 goals and 10 assists for the season having won his third consecutive Champions League last year, is well past his time.

They’re in terrible leagues, nothing compared to the epl, Salah is also playing for the best team in the world
  • SDoofus
    :D
  • SDoofus
    Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Keita - Wijnaldum
    Fabinho
    Robertson - VVD - Gomez - TAA
    Alisson

giphy.gif
  • Pxul_
    7900 posts League Winner
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Keita - Wijnaldum
    Fabinho
    Robertson - VVD - Gomez - TAA
    Alisson

giphy.gif

That has to be our best XI imo by a long way.

Also the best team in the best league in the world😍
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    Irony of Sellish having the guts to call other forumers deluded 😂
    Get a grip ffs
  • Mike
    10004 posts Has That Special Something
  • Mike
    10004 posts Has That Special Something
    Great minds @Bob_Dylan
  • SDoofus
    edited February 11
    People joke about Keita, but if he does click now, then it's effectively like a new signing for the title run in. Can only be a positive, and he's showing very clear signs of being able to be that important. Hope he starts against Bayern.

Edit: From the official site

The No.8 led the team for touches (120), passes in the opposition half (63), duels (15), possession gains (12) and tackles (seven).
  • Sellish
    9176 posts League Winner
    edited February 11

But I may be wrong.

Who said he would be? Mbappe went for £165.7m a year ago (agreed 2 years ago) (source: BBC). He's easily fetching £200m+ now. I don't think being a World Cup and French League winner has as much of an impact as you think it does. I mean, Salah would have won the World Cup if he was French. Titles are team achievements, not individual player achievements. Van Dijk hasn't won anything but you're happy to say he's the best, come on now, be consistent. Mbappe has age on his side and would rightfully cost more than Salah today.

Then he isn't the same price bracket as Mbappe!?

When I talk about brackets, I'm not talking about price brackets, just player brackets.

However, I don't think Mbappe would go for that much more than Salah would, anyway.

£200m+ would be record breaking. which is a bracket in itself.

I can see Salah and Mbappe going for somewhere within the range of £200m to £250m, so they both fall in that bracket.

Getting a 20year old with the quality as Mbappe for a 26 year old for the same price sounds like the best deal ever.
    Salah being in his prime and Mbappe just started probably.

Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    Get a grip ffs

How am I deluded?
    Why do you even know who I am?
    Can't really remember being in a conversation with you.
  • SDoofus

But I may be wrong.

Who said he would be? Mbappe went for £165.7m a year ago (agreed 2 years ago) (source: BBC). He's easily fetching £200m+ now. I don't think being a World Cup and French League winner has as much of an impact as you think it does. I mean, Salah would have won the World Cup if he was French. Titles are team achievements, not individual player achievements. Van Dijk hasn't won anything but you're happy to say he's the best, come on now, be consistent. Mbappe has age on his side and would rightfully cost more than Salah today.

Then he isn't the same price bracket as Mbappe!?

When I talk about brackets, I'm not talking about price brackets, just player brackets.

However, I don't think Mbappe would go for that much more than Salah would, anyway.

£200m+ would be record breaking. which is a bracket in itself.

I can see Salah and Mbappe going for somewhere within the range of £200m to £250m, so they both fall in that bracket.

Getting a 20year old with the quality as Mbappe for a 26 year old for the same price sounds like the best deal ever.
    Salah being in his prime and Mbappe just started probably.

Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    Get a grip ffs

How am I deluded?
    Why do you even know who I am?
    Can't really remember being in a conversation with you.

Didn't say same price, did I?
  • Sellish
    9176 posts League Winner
    edited February 11
    We're talking about if 175m is a good price or not for Salah.
  • Ahmer50x
    18137 posts World Class
    @Sellish

Salah is very much in that bracket below Messi & Ronaldo.

Money is only good in so much that it enables you to buy a better player. There is no way Liverpool can get Mbappe, Neymar, Messi, or Ronaldo so there is no reason they should sell at any price.

I'd argue the same with us for de Gea and Pogba (and IMO Rashford and Martial because of their potential).

Those kind of players you only sell when they really insist to leave and you've tried every trick to get them to stay and they still remain adamant. In those cases, you then try to go for a world record fee and reinvest wisely.
  • Pxul_
    7900 posts League Winner
    Big difference between Salah and mbappe is that Salah is the best in the world and mbappe isnt
  • Tornado31619
    16948 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »
    Strange that news of a mammoth transfer like this would be if it happened has surfaced in February :/ I know its only speculation but that is strange timing surely?

It's probably bollocks. I'm not sure why Juventus would spend £175m on Salah specifically, and Liverpool would probably reject that anyway.

They’d have to spend at least double that amount on Mbappé.
    To be honest, if I'm them, I’m offering PSG Dybala in a part-exchange deal.
  • AEsey
    5997 posts Big Money Move
    Martial is better than Salah imo
    The goal he scored against Fulham was way better than the goal Salah scored against spurs last year (which somehow ended goal of the season iirc)
  • Pugzilla
    16054 posts World Class
    AEsey wrote: »
    The goal he scored against Fulham was way better than the goal Salah scored against spurs last year (which somehow ended goal of the season iirc)

May be the worst take I’ve ever seen here and that says a lot.
  • Ahmer50x
    18137 posts World Class
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    AEsey wrote: »

May be the worst take I’ve ever seen here and that says a lot.

I love Martial but I think I have to agree :lol:
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Lingard > Salah
  • tilen11
    5042 posts Big Money Move
    Shane wrote: »
    Lingard > Salah

LH7XtUW.gif

• AEsey
    5997 posts Big Money Move
    Shane wrote: »