FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Wyojasond
    12148 posts Has That Special Something
    😂 it’s just crazy to watch! I was expecting a City win today, but this is just nuts. @DB1512, you might want to reconsider having Sarri in your story, Abramovich might be packing his bags for him right now 😬
  • Ashy
    9971 posts Has That Special Something
    City are ruthless, Liverpool need to beat United in their next PL game or it's pretty much over, really cant see this City team slipping anymore. Pep is on a mission
  • WestardLord
    1575 posts Play-Off Hero
    what slider settings does Guardiola use? lol
  • LAboog4
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    what slider settings does Guardiola use? lol

He seems like the type that would play on "beginner" just to score 100 in a match.

The way City are dominating, Liverpool are looking shaky and Tottenham keep finding ways to grind out wins. The title might actually be a 3 team race to the final month.

I think Chelsea will fall from the top 4 race. After this defeat they will have more questions than answers and this group of players does not look like the type to fight through adversity. United/Arsenal will fight for 4th.
  • Alastair
    10086 posts Moderator
    Mourinho to Chelsea next season?
  • Wyojasond
    Ashy wrote: »
    City are ruthless, Liverpool need to beat United in their next PL game or it's pretty much over, really cant see this City team slipping anymore. Pep is on a mission

Yeah I honestly think it’s going to come down to the United game for us, and we haven’t won at old trafford in like 5-6 years.

What might be really interesting is that if United and City both keep going in the FA Cup there game is likely to get rescheduled to later in the season. So City could have Spurs and ManU for some of there last couple of games....
  • Danimal5981
    2324 posts Fans' Favourite
    Holy sh.t - Man City are flying against Chelsea.... Can you do better @DB1512 in your CM? :wink:
  • LAboog4

Yeah I honestly think it’s going to come down to the United game for us, and we haven’t won at old trafford in like 5-6 years.

What might be really interesting is that if United and City both keep going in the FA Cup there game is likely to get rescheduled to later in the season. So City could have Spurs and ManU for some of there last couple of games....

That is what gives Liverpool that advantage right now. City are still in 4 competitions with Liverpool only in 2.
  • Wyojasond
    Ok honest question here.... let’s say Liverpool win the league but crash out against Bayern while City go on to win the CL, League Cup and FA CUP.

Still a good season for both teams?
  • Ashy
    LAboog4 wrote: »

That is what gives Liverpool that advantage right now. City are still in 4 competitions with Liverpool only in 2.

I dont think that's a disadvantage to City really, they have the best depth in the world, right now they have Jesus, DSilva, Sane and Mahrez that are on the bench not starting, they have the squad to win all 4 cups, and the more they win the more confident they get
  • LAboog4
    Ok honest question here.... let’s say Liverpool win the league but crash out against Bayern while City go on to win the CL, League Cup and FA CUP.

That is a tough question. It obviously comes down to the individual if they are happy. As a neutral, I would say City are far supior and had a better season than Liverpool if the titles ended like that.

Liverpool dropping out of 2 cups very early shows me they do not have great depth. But the starting XI is top class no question.

Liverpool fans would be ecstatic with the title alone. Other fans would probably say Liverpool didn't live all the way up to their potential.
  • Ashy

And yes I'd say so City desperately want the UCL, I think for the owners and many fans they'd want that over the league but I always say league comes first
  • DB1512
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    @Danimal5981 @Wyojasond I hope things go better in my story....
  • Alastair
    10086 posts Moderator
    After a slight change to the recent rule changes regularising OT/RF, you can now discuss RF in this thread as much as you like. This will be the thread for the section.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/8250592/#Comment_8250592
  • Danimal5981
    For those poor on abbreviations?
    Other Things / Real Football?
  • Alastair
    10086 posts Moderator
    For those poor on abbreviations?
    Other Things / Real Football?

Oh yeah sorry.

Off Topic (non-FIFA/Football e.g. other sports, other games, TV etc) and Real Football.

The change is basically one real football thread per section.
  • Ashy
    Predicting the fixtures and came up with this

znp8SXF.png
  • Alastair
    10086 posts Moderator
    @Ashy what’s the website to do that on? I’ll have a go.
  • Wyojasond
    It’s going to be a fun finish to the season. I think Man City will drop points at least one more time this season, probably a draw somewhere. Spurs and ManU will likely define the outcome of this title race as both city and Liverpool have to play them still.

If we beat United I think we carry on and win it. Lose or draw again and I think we’ll just miss out.
  • Ashy
  • Ashy
    edited February 11
    It’s going to be a fun finish to the season. I think Man City will drop points at least one more time this season, probably a draw somewhere. Spurs and ManU will likely define the outcome of this title race as both city and Liverpool have to play them still.

If we beat United I think we carry on and win it. Lose or draw again and I think we’ll just miss out.

I had Man City win every game apart from a draw away to Man Utd, in result cost them the title
    Liverpool won every game apart from draws away to Man Utd and at home against Chelsea, both remain unbeaten to the end in what will be one of the most nerve-wrecking title races in recent times

It's fair to say Man Utd have a big say in who wins this title along with Spurs playing both teams too
  • Alastair
    10086 posts Moderator
    8cbd414404ba287e3062512fa8f78b1b.png

I had the deciding match as Newcastle beating Liverpool. If Newcastle need a win to stay up on the penultimate weekend of the season then I can't see them losing at St James' Park.
  • LAboog4
    @Alastair I like your table better. Makes it seem like all 3 teams are close at the end.
  • Ashy
    @Alastair can't believe you think United will win every game from now
  • Wyojasond
    While I think ManU will beat Liverpool in a few weeks, there remaining schedule is pretty brutal compared to Arsenal. I just think Arsenal will somehow pip them to 4th even though I think ManU is the stronger team.

m9aFzmr.jpg
  • Alastair
    10086 posts Moderator

Who can you see them losing to? City is the only one I was even slightly unsure of.
  • dannyboy
    12855 posts Has That Special Something
    634a8d8eaa89ba7be39a635fb27a9975.png
  • Ashy
    edited February 11
    Alastair wrote: »

Who can you see them losing to? City is the only one I was even slightly unsure of.

Might be bias but I think you'll lose or draw to us at the Emirates, Sokratis will be back by then and most of our injured players returned, we are very strong at home in the PL

Man Utd at home against City and Liverpool I had as draws and I think Wolves away is tough could be a draw
  • Danimal5981
    edited February 11
    Very much with @Alastair on this one :smile:
    U5hpDPX.png
  • LAboog4
    rMQJUPD.png

My thinking is that Arsenal go deep in UEL and start losing some league games as they try getting into the UCL by winning a pretty weak Europa this season.