Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Pxul_
    7681 posts League Winner
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    This is completely off topic but does anyone else on their phone have the keyboard in the way of what they’re typing. It’s doing my head in and I want to get it to update it.

It’s a problem on here for iPhone users at the minute

That makes sense since I’m on an iPhone 8+.

@EA_Andy any chance we could get this fixed?
  • SDoofus
    4602 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 11
    Sellish wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Juventus to bid 175mill for Salah 😮

I would take that in a heartbeat if I were you.
    That's ridiculous.

:D

That's a Mbappe & Neymar amount.
    I know Liverpool fans are deluded but you can't actually believe he is worth the same amount as them? :D

Would you sell DDG or Pogba in a heartbeat?

For 175: Pogba yes, DDG no because he is simply best in the world at his position.

I get your point, I want to keep my good players but 175 top bracket prices. Mbappe, Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi and so on.

Salah can surely be considered in the same bracket as the likes of Neymar and Mbappe at this point? (Messi and Ronaldo are in their own bracket).

Salah scored 42 goals and provided assists 14 last season.

So far this season, he's scored 20 goals and provided 7 assists, with at the very least, 14 games to go and the current bottom 6 PL teams still to play.

There isn't really an argument to say Salah isn't in that bracket as a player.

Doubt we'd sell for £175m. That's only ~£30m more than Coutinho.
  • EA_Andy
    3087 posts EA Community Manager
    This is completely off topic but does anyone else on their phone have the keyboard in the way of what they’re typing. It’s doing my head in and I want to get it to update it.

It’s a problem on here for iPhone users at the minute

That makes sense since I’m on an iPhone 8+.

@EA_Andy any chance we could get this fixed?

Can you DM me some screenshots and the exact issue you're having? cheers
  • Pxul_
    7681 posts League Winner
    Salah is the best forward in the world atm, end of story.
  • Sellish
    8855 posts League Winner
    edited February 11

That's ridiculous.

I know Liverpool fans are deluded but you can't actually believe he is worth the same amount as them? :D

For 175: Pogba yes, DDG no because he is simply best in the world at his position.

I get your point, I want to keep my good players but 175 top bracket prices. Mbappe, Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi and so on.

Salah can surely be considered in the same bracket as the likes of Neymar and Mbappe at this point? (Messi and Ronaldo are in their own bracket).

So far this season, he's scored 20 goals and provided 7 assists, with at the very least, 14 games to go and the current bottom 6 PL teams still to play.

Doubt we'd sell for £175m. That's only £30m more than Coutinho.

I put him in the same bracket as Aguero, Hazard, Pogba, Eriksen, Kane, Sterling and so on.

Mbappe, Neymar, Modric, KDB and so on are one higher.

Then there is Messi & Ronaldo.

I'm not even going to get in this conversation. It's just funny how it's only Liverpool fans who rate him that high.

Same people who think that Alisson is the best keeper in the world.
  • Shshj
    3925 posts National Call-Up

Have I missed something or did Lionel Messi retire overnight?
  • Sellish
    8855 posts League Winner
    Shshj wrote: »

Have I missed something or did Cristiano Ronaldo retire overnight?

• SDoofus

That's ridiculous.

I put him in the same bracket as Aguero, Hazard, Pogba, Eriksen, Kane, Sterling and so on.

I'm not even going to get in this conversation. It's just funny how it's only Liverpool fans who rate him that high.

What puts Neymar and Mbappe in a higher bracket than Salah?
  • Apollo
    14113 posts Has That Special Something
    Strange that news of a mammoth transfer like this would be if it happened has surfaced in February :/ I know its only speculation but that is strange timing surely?
  • SDoofus
    Apollo wrote: »
    Strange that news of a mammoth transfer like this would be if it happened has surfaced in February :/ I know its only speculation but that is strange timing surely?

It's likely nonsense.
  • Apollo

It's likely nonsense.

Yeah seems that way to me too.
  • Shshj

It's probably bollocks. I'm not sure why Juventus would spend £175m on Salah specifically, and Liverpool would probably reject that anyway.
  • Sellish
    8855 posts League Winner

That's ridiculous.

Trophies B)

You watch them.
    Stats doesn't tell you the whole story.

Even if I hate him, Neymar have been one of the best in the world easily since he came. Got a lot of injuries now but he is still just below Messi & Ronaldo.
    It's a biggier relief that he is injuried then it would if Salah were Injuried when you are to play Liverpool.
    Mbappe is maybe even better then Neymar plus that he is a kid so that's 100m+ on the price.
  • SDoofus
    edited February 11

That's ridiculous.

Trophies B)

You watch them.

Even if I hate him, Neymar have been one of the best in the world easily since he came. Got a lot of injuries now but he is still just below Messi & Ronaldo.
    It's a biggier relief that he is injuried then it would if Salah were Injuried when you are to play Liverpool.
    Mbappe is maybe even better then Neymar plus that he is a kid so that's 100m+ on the price.

Clearly you don't watch Salah, then.

And when it comes to goals and assists, stats are everything lol.

Makes no sense to put players on separate brackets if they contribute to more or less the same amount of goals and assists.
  • Shshj
    Ronaldo and Messi are the top two attackers in the world, I don't think that's up for debate.

The chasing pack are all very much of a sameness in my opinion. Neymar, Mbappe, Hazard, Salah.

It's difficult to compare them in certain ways, for example; Salah is very much a goalscoring winger, he can play upfront and still change matches. I don't think Neymar would be able to play as a lone striker and have the same effect, they have different skillsets.
  • Sellish
    8855 posts League Winner

That's ridiculous.

Trophies B)

You watch them.

Makes no sense to put players on separate brackets if they contribute to more or less the same amount of goals and assists.

Why is it that only Liverpool players believe that their players are the best in the world?

You probably got the best CB in the world.
    But that's kind of it.

Salah is a great player no doubt, but there is a lot better players out there.

Mitrovic & Glenn Murray have the same amount of goals as Lacazette. Doesn't make them as good.
  • Pxul_
    7681 posts League Winner
    Salah Messi Ronaldo are in their own bracket the rest are just not good enough to lace their boots
  • Liam9lfc
    8527 posts League Winner
    He's asked you what makes them in a higher bracket than Salah and the best response you could come up with was "you watch them". Lol.
  • SDoofus

That's ridiculous.

Trophies B)

You watch them.

Why is it that only Liverpool players believe that their players are the best in the world?

You probably got the best CB in the world.
    But that's kind of it.

Salah is a great player no doubt, but there is a lot better players out there.

Mitrovic & Glenn Murray have the same amount of goals as Lacazette. Doesn't make them as good.

When did I say he was the best in the world? Stop pushing that narrative. My only claim is that Salah is in the same bracket as Mbappe and Neymar currently are in. It's hardly controversial, considering over the last couple of seasons, Salah has put up similar numbers in a stronger League.
  • Apollo
    It's not a ridiculous shout at all to say he's in the same class as Neymar and Mbappe, he's been performing at this level for long enough now that he's rightly in contention with them. And like @SDoofus says, this is in a far more competitive league than the French league
  • Sellish
    8855 posts League Winner
    edited February 11
    When I watch them, Neymar & Mbappe feels like more complete and less one dimensional.

But I may be wrong.
    So let's say Mbappe and Salah is just as good.
    Why would 26 year old Salah be worth more then 20 year old WC and ligue 1 winner (with Monaco)?
  • SDoofus
    edited February 11
    When I watch them, Neymar & Mbappe feels like more complete and less one dimensional.

But I may be wrong.
    Why would 26 year old Salah be worth more then 20 year old WC and ligue 1 winner (with Monaco)?

Who said he would be? Mbappe went for £165.7m a year ago (agreed 2 years ago) (source: BBC). He's easily fetching £200m+ now. I don't think being a World Cup and French League winner has as much of an impact as you think it does. I mean, Salah would have won the World Cup if he was French. Titles are team achievements, not individual player achievements. Van Dijk hasn't won anything but you're happy to say he's the best, come on now, be consistent. Mbappe has age on his side and would rightfully cost more than Salah today.
  • Pxul_
    7681 posts League Winner

But I may be wrong.

Because he’s the best player in the world
  • Shshj

But I may be wrong.

Stop it. He's not the best player in the world.
  • SDoofus
    @Pxul_ catching a lot of hungry fishes today :D
  • ChrisLFC
    7025 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 11

That's ridiculous.

I would take it. Although a replacement would cost most of what we get for him
  • Shshj
    @Pxul_ catching a lot of hungry fishes today :D

I hope he's baiting. I would be seriously concerned if anyone in here actually thought Salah is the best in the world.
  • Sellish
    8855 posts League Winner

But I may be wrong.

Who said he would be? Mbappe went for £165.7m a year ago (agreed 2 years ago) (source: BBC). He's easily fetching £200m+ now. I don't think being a World Cup and French League winner has as much of an impact as you think it does. I mean, Salah would have won the World Cup if he was French. Titles are team achievements, not individual player achievements. Van Dijk hasn't won anything but you're happy to say he's the best, come on now, be consistent. Mbappe has age on his side and would rightfully cost more than Salah today.

Then he isn't the same price bracket as Mbappe!?
  • Pxul_
    7681 posts League Winner
    Shshj wrote: »

But I may be wrong.

Stop it. He's not the best player in the world.

He is he’s way better than mbappe and neymar, not even a comparison since they play in the 6th best league in the workd😂
  • SDoofus

But I may be wrong.

Then he isn't the same price bracket as Mbappe!?

When I talk about brackets, I'm not talking about price brackets, just player brackets.

However, I don't think Mbappe would go for that much more than Salah would, anyway.

£200m+ would be record breaking. which is a bracket in itself.

I can see Salah and Mbappe going for somewhere within the range of £200m to £250m, so they both fall in that bracket.