Remove Celebrations from Online Games

Comments

• lIlIlIlIlIl
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    Why are there so many threads raging about celebrations?

You guys need help!

This. I really don't understand it, off all the things to get triggered by, it baffles me.

Here's my favourite.

Alex_cr wrote: »
    Personally I don’t celebrate but each to everyone’s own. Why anyone would spend any more than 5 seconds of their life actually learning them I just can’t comprehend! I find it particularly baffling when I’m playing late at night as I must be playing full grown adults at that time!

I remember one game I got absolutely battered and he used a different celebration for each goal - that’s a lot of life the fella will never get back!

Not only did I spend time to learn it but then spent more time to upload it and share with you guys <3

Crazy how an innocuous celebration in a video game can rattle people this much. I refuse to believe celebrations is the underlying problem for them; it's most likely a latent projection of anxiety and frustration onset by all kind of problems with the game. The celebrations merely function as a catalyst for catharsis and people mistakenly label them as the root of all evil with the game.

For all of you who are negatively impacted by FIFA on a daily basis, may it be gambling or the gameplay; if a recreational activity is ultimately predicated on misery and suffering then why are you hesitant to stop? Well those are the signs of perilous addiction and you should put all your efforts in breaking the negative feedback loop that drags you down and everybody around you.
  • YB_11_
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Stop crying it's a part of football
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional
    Go play Pes
  • russfred
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RWanderer wrote: »
    100% get rid of it, why do you have the need to watch a replay after watching the same goal 1000 times? If you watch replays just do everyone a favour and give yourself a uppercut, the whole community could do without such sad sad people.

The thread is about celebrations not replays you whopper
  • Theomanny
    1612 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 10
    HRodMusic wrote: »
    Theomanny wrote: »
    My musa sbc has been **** people off with his shake the bum dance celebration lol. Been getting loads of hate messages and rage quits since I started doing it. It’s more annoying than dabbing. I never watch replay though, but celebration is a must lol

What does this celebration look like? can anyone link me up? and how do i do it?

Time 4:30 is the musa celebration. 2:33 is also nice. The annoying ones start from 2:33
  • RA22Y
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pay2Lose wrote: »
    Go away. Celebrating is good. There are far more important things for ea to fix. Such as Rivals being broken!

Rivals is the best thing EA have done for years.
  • Abaddon888
    81 posts Park Captain
    damn you EA for remove my all time favourite celebration : Gangnam Style. Bring back gangnam style please
  • RA22Y
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good players dont do celebrations. Its just the toxic 14 yr olds with a skewed sense of ability who think they’re good due to the random state of this game from gameplay to the servers being terrible.

I just skip celebrations when I play those sort of players, then when I score my 3rd goal to put the game to bed I'll run to the camera. Usually they quit at that point. If not I just tiki taka them to death after that.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    When your foot hasn't had enough contact

• Idek
    10268 posts Has That Special Something

So because the guy tried a skill move from kick off he must be triggered?
  • Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    When you match with an opponent, there can could be an option to select “skip replays/celebrations”, and it would function like it did before it was patched.

That way, if you like to watch replays and celebrate, you can play like minded people.
  • hayhor1
    14280 posts Has That Special Something

After beating an exploiter this felt so good to do 🤣
  • HulkSmashPotato
    294 posts Sunday League Hero
    tenor.gif?itemid=12240715
  • Lacerda111
    336 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good players dont do celebrations. Its just the toxic 14 yr olds with a skewed sense of ability who think they’re good due to the random state of this game from gameplay to the servers being terrible.

BS

aint no better thing than celebrate a good neymar or cr7 goal hahah
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    edited February 10
    hayhor1 wrote: »

Yeah, like you don't exploit. Most likely fully reliant on AI defending as the majority. Hypocrisy of highest order.
  • Greezyweezy101
    1059 posts Professional
    Goal score
    Screen splits
    Celebration on 1 half
    Replay on the other half

Don't understand why they need to be 2 separate scenes
  • TheDinhoKid10
    1306 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lacerda111 wrote: »

BS

aint no better thing than celebrate a good neymar or cr7 goal hahah

I never celebrate. No need. It was cool in the first FUT. now it just stupid. Wastes time. If you wanna celebrate go play kick off against your friends
  • bberger
    5164 posts Big Money Move
    RayS wrote: »
    If FIFA celebrations bother you. I suggest looking at other aspects in ur life and finding the real reason you feel a silly goal celebration in a meaningless video game deserve to get ban.

They are surprisingly irritating and annoying though. I would bet a lot of the forumers here claiming to be immune to the annoyance of celebrations actually find themselves irritated when their opponent scores a total crap goal and then goes shushing all the way to the camera.

I need to 100% agree with you here. There is a massive difference between a joyful celebration and flat out taunting.

It is sad that it isn't that different in real life, but at least in real life you aren't forced to watch your opponent celebrating into your face - and if it does it at least triggers a card if the refs are up to it.

On FIFA you always get that 'in your face' big screen effect..
  • hayhor1
    edited February 10
    hayhor1 wrote: »

Yeah, like you don't exploit. Most likely fully reliant on AI defending as the majority. Hypocrisy of highest order.

I only control 1 player at a time so yeah my AI defends. They also run on offense automatically. I dont even know what the 2nd man button is. This guy I played had multiple guys chasing me as his 2nd man button was taped down. Every freekick was trying two runners but pausing screwed that up for him. Did every trick in the book.

Oh and I skip replays and celebrations but if you're a cnut you're gonna get it back.
  • Futfanatic
    12939 posts Has That Special Something
    Boozad wrote: »
    Rancid. Absolutely **** rancid.

jqt4mdflby.png
  • RWanderer wrote: »
    100% get rid of it, why do you have the need to watch a replay after watching the same goal 1000 times? If you watch replays just do everyone a favour and give yourself a uppercut, the whole community could do without such sad sad people.

It ties in with the celebration and adds to everyones frustration. Stick to your amateur squad battles kid.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13276 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't mind celebrations tbh, although for the sake of time in the WL. They should remove it from that mode as its already tedious having to play your way through 30 games as it is...
  • Davisto
    6291 posts Big Money Move
    c7zPkpYmTBOtH3t0sqzG_giphy.gif
  • hayhor1
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Boozad wrote: »
    Rancid. Absolutely **** rancid.

jqt4mdflby.png

🤣 the ones where players look at the camera make people so mad
  • EekAlaska
    1669 posts Play-Off Hero
    IamLeeroy wrote: »
    They are fine, celebrations are a part of football. They are a part of fifa. Why does it bother you so much?

This, i skip mine unless someone decides to celebrate on me and then i have fun with it. They are a way to be unique. Wish they were more fluid like a few years ago. Way more fun back then.
  • Thunder001
    474 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 10
    Full form
  • Jeyj38
    1244 posts Professional
    "Celebrate young man! Celebrate!"
  • If FIFA celebrations bother you. I suggest looking at other aspects in ur life and finding the real reason you feel a silly goal celebration in a meaningless video game deserve to get ban.

Ah yes, who needs a psychologist when you can come to the fifa forums and get diagnosed for free! Such a talented community on here, everyone seems to be certified PhD’s in psychology as well as everyone being experts on personal and corporate finance!

On a serious note though, celebrations don’t need to be banned, but I’m not sure why EA removed the feature to skip them. When is the last time you saw a player run to the half way line shhhing and dabbing or run around circles. I agree celebrations should stay, but running to the corner flag is about the extent that celebrations should go. Just set a timer on the celebrations so that it cuts off after x amount of seconds.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    Nobility- wrote: »
    If FIFA celebrations bother you. I suggest looking at other aspects in ur life and finding the real reason you feel a silly goal celebration in a meaningless video game deserve to get ban.

Ah yes, who needs a psychologist when you can come to the fifa forums and get diagnosed for free! Such a talented community on here, everyone seems to be certified PhD’s in psychology as well as everyone being experts on personal and corporate finance!

On a serious note though, celebrations don’t need to be banned, but I’m not sure why EA removed the feature to skip them. When is the last time you saw a player run to the half way line shhhing and dabbing or run around circles. I agree celebrations should stay, but running to the corner flag is about the extent that celebrations should go. Just set a timer on the celebrations so that it cuts off after x amount of seconds.

You don't really have to be a certified Jung devotee to come to basic understanding in human psychology, let alone common sense.
  • russfred
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect

It ties in with the celebration and adds to everyones frustration. Stick to your amateur squad battles kid.

It also ties into goals, Shall we not have those either, that way no one can celebrate so snowflakes like you dont get triggered