I know everyone is complaining about delay etc but is anyone experiencing this...

DanValletta
1555 posts Play-Off Hero
I am on a Wired connection, have no problems in any other games. Average - Good speeds.

When I play Fifa my connection is all over the place, I've been getting speed up lag horrid delay, literally unplayable.

Iv'e given up because I've exhausted all the options I know of to sort the connection out.

Is anyone experiencing this or have any ideas? It must be something my end because there would be nobody playing if everyone was experiencing this.

Comments

• Torn4do
    910 posts Semi-Pro
    I get the odd bit of lag but mainly just sluggish button delays which ruin the game completely!!
  • BeardedBerk
    1616 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fifa is the only game I play that I have any delay issue with...... But remember EA say its all our Internet connections that at the problem
  • fazer
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    this is how this look from my site - (Wire connection ) - Im dont have lags - Button Delay im have from time to time in weekend league in Rivals not so often compared to WL - In WL sometimes gameplay is ok but always is at lest one day when delay is problem - during problem is not only 0.5 secund button delay but a lot random not correct pass with wrong direction .

Last time im noticed something funny when im have 5 games in row with delay suddenly 5 minuts later in game number 6 delay dissapired .

Sometimes when delay is to big im restart my PS4 and try again but im dont know this help or completly dosent metter .
  • EekAlaska
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    I never have any lag issues but yesterday it was terrible. Might have been my internet tho cause we had some outages this morning.
  • MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    From what I've read so far it seems that lag/speed up lag is down to your connection whereas delay/unresponsive gameplay is due to the servers.

Would make sense as I haven't had lag/speed up lag for a few years from going wired and fibre.
  • basdost_goat
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm on wired never get any delay or lag on other games but Fifa the delay especially lately is ridiculous, I'm not putting myself through that its absolute torture.
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    From what I've read so far it seems that lag/speed up lag is down to your connection whereas delay/unresponsive gameplay is due to the servers.

Would make sense as I haven't had lag/speed up lag for a few years from going wired and fibre.

I always have the sluggish delay but the past couple of weeks I've had a few disconnects in weekend league. Then this week most of the games I have played have just been unplayable because of the speed up lag and actual lag, nevermind the delay. Tested my connection and no issues so unless it's my console or some setting I don't know about I don't know what's happening. Also wired and fibre.