Shooting on the new patch is broken - EA FIX THIS MESS!

Comments

  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Last one from me boys. I played a 3rd game.

    8 players in the box, work a clean and clear chance with a player who’s got 94 finishing and 94 composure and I can’t even hit the target.



    Best. 1.5 bars of power. Timed finish. Miles over. Goes way above the shot line.

    i14ltwvf3.jpeg

    TOTY Ronaldo - sold. Can’t hit the target from 8 yards despite having 99 finishing. The latest patch has destroyed shooting in any form.

    5sdfmc.jpeg

    Won this game 1-0 again. Chance after chance. Horrendous game!
  • sturges12345
    3006 posts National Call-Up


    Lost this game 3 1 hit the post 3 times and missed a penalty. Keeper also pulled off wonder save after wonder save
  • Mini_Miudo
    9970 posts Has That Special Something
    Not looking forward to WL then if that's the case. I have noticed harder 1v1s in Rivals but still scoring a good amount of goals there... however, my WL gameplay always feels worse.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Not looking forward to WL then if that's the case. I have noticed harder 1v1s in Rivals but still scoring a good amount of goals there... however, my WL gameplay always feels worse.

    Shooting just feels off. Good luck mate, hope it’s better for you
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner


    Lost this game 3 1 hit the post 3 times and missed a penalty. Keeper also pulled off wonder save after wonder save

    @sturges12345 - that is horrific! Damn, I thought mine were bad
  • JohnDoe
    11300 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 1
    Shooting has always been like this, finishing inside the box was always incredibly inconsistent, people just took timed finesse shots from outside the box all the time because it was somehow more reliable than finishing inside the box. The patch hasn't destroyed anything, it just forced people to stop spamming said shots from outside the box. People who didn't take timed finesse shots have always struggled with finishing, to a degree, which was my case all along.

    The patch hasn't changed much for me. Everyone was already on drop back+1 depth before, it's nothing new. I had to break down defenses to score before, and I have to break down defenses to score now. The main difference is that I am a lot less agressive when tackling opponents near my box, given that it's much harder to score like that, atm.
  • Bellstar23
    219 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Have said all along game don't do what it's suppose to, fifa 19 is not a proper game cause stats and Ai play it out for you.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3279 posts National Call-Up
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    madwullie wrote: »
    And again beaten 3-1 by a guy that didn't even touch his cbs all game. Guy had red pogba, red salah, red vvd, obviously a really good player and definitely much better than me.

    Problem for me is that a lot of these good players are actually only any good going forward, but the game makes them feel like world champs because it defends for them.

    The problem is they are good at defending - just not how we know it. Clearly the best way to defend is to use your midfielders as a shield and use the AI. I’m not going to learn it though because i find it boring. Yeah it’ll impact on my results but I can’t let a game play for me. I’m the same in any racing game - why would I want all the aids on? Others just want the W.

    In competitive racing the aids slow you down considerably. The aids are supposed to emulate TRAINING WHEELS for newcomers. FIFA is completely backwards. Not only does the aids constantly bail out newbs, but it's key in esports matches as well. Name me one other game in the esport scene with such appalling level of assistance.

    AI defending is comparable to a built-in aimbot in first person shooters. You'd be at a severe disadvantage unless you bot as well. Any FPS game would be deserted if everyone ran around with an aimbot; as aim is the quintessential skill of the genre.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    edited February 7
    Seriously how hard is it for the ball to go where you aim. Fair enough AI defending is ridiculous, but it’s easily solved by removing the heads or tails element when shooting.

    Prime Ballack -

    7 yards out. Wide.

    cs9b9gbhp.jpeg

    Create an inch of space... wide again. What more can you do?

    6srqbfz2mhodz.jpeg

    This is Div 1 rivals summed up. 12 minutes of your life to get space from the AI, aim on target and it fly wide.

    Bonus point if anyone can spot what’s wrong with this image..

    5uxk12kezs.jpeg



  • SP300x
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Completely agree with this post and its been like this for the past week now. When are they going to do something about this
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    BiigDee wrote: »
    There’s clear proof right there and we need answers pal.

    Definitely mate. It’s sucked the fun out of the game. You’re crossing fingers every time you get a clear chance.

    The more the RNG there is, the worse it is for the game...

    A few days ago, the game I played, it was the same... Atleast you didn't concede... I was trailing 1-0 at one point of time, dominating the game, creating 1v1, green timed headers with CR7, Green timed power shots with Nedved.. All saved by keeper.. Won in the 84th minute...
  • Mrhey31
    1268 posts Professional
    Getting sick of it.. glad they changed it so people who didnt know how to play the game all of the sudden are demi-Gods. But you cant just change a game that dramaticly so other people have a higher succes rate. Well guess they can because they did it.
  • Springveldt
    4593 posts National Call-Up
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    Let's get this straight, you covered your name , but left your opponent's all over the forum to name shame? Really?
    Let's get this straight, he makes a detailed post showing that he's had 3 clear chances from inside the box, not even under pressure and all 3 don't go were he is aiming. Every single chance, RNG decided he was going to miss, yet all you took from the post was that he left a squad name uncovered?
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    edited February 8
    Another week, another load of BS.

    Losing 2-1. Absolutely dominated, conceeded a goal where I made 4 clean tackles, to then equalise and concede a kick off goal. Finally get a clear chance with TOTY KDB, who has 92 finishing and 97 composure, to miss an open goal.

    I thought it hit the keeper at first.



    But it didn’t, one bar of power, dinked over the keeper, but watch the ball flight. It’s on line with the shot arrow, then suddenly takes a sharp vertical. WTF even is this? How can shooting be this random?



    pyxlkfgl.jpeg

    That cost me the game.

    This one didn’t cost me the game. But I only won 2-1. This would have put the game to bed.

    Shot aimed here.

    m1axvf.jpeg

    Ends up here. This is 93 rated POTM Hazard.

    o1czk2r88jo.jpeg

    How in the world of F, does this end up here? Fifa used to be about skill, now it’s a coin toss. The shooting is so broken it’s embarrassing.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2677 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bbkyle wrote: »
    you won 1-0. so happy days. but instead you took 4 screenshots and came on here to have a moan... sort your life out. times finesses are finished. get over it, it makes the game better.just because it was the only thing you could do doesn't mean everyone else likes it.

    If anything, the fact that he won actually gives his argument more clout. For a nice change, someone is making a valid point without the anger that they've lost.

    This is the problem with such a toxic community. When everyone and their dog moans about the slightest thing not going their way, the genuine issues get ignored.

    Get back in your box and let the man elaborate on a valid point.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Bbkyle wrote: »
    you won 1-0. so happy days. but instead you took 4 screenshots and came on here to have a moan... sort your life out. times finesses are finished. get over it, it makes the game better.just because it was the only thing you could do doesn't mean everyone else likes it.

    If anything, the fact that he won actually gives his argument more clout. For a nice change, someone is making a valid point without the anger that they've lost.

    This is the problem with such a toxic community. When everyone and their dog moans about the slightest thing not going their way, the genuine issues get ignored.

    Get back in your box and let the man elaborate on a valid point.

    Thank you brother. We all agree that AI defending is probably going no where, but at least let’s have shooting system that goes where aimed, otherwise, what’s the point upgrading to higher rated players when the shooting is still random
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    edited February 9
    So I thought I’d try aiming closer to the keeper.

    ui7gmw.jpeg

    Makes no difference. I hit the post FOUR times in this game, and he scored a blind shot with Kluivert and a header from Varane. I have no issue with him scoring, but why is his shots going on target, but mine wide?

    We play for 12 minutes, create space, create clear chances, no pressure on the player and they fly wide. What is the point even playing a game where individual skill isn’t the biggest factor in winning?

    His message to me after. Which pretty much sums up what 99.9% feel about this game.

    honls61b3c13w.jpeg
  • DicaniosGod
    5160 posts Big Money Move
    Zakury wrote: »
    The fact your opponent made 4 tackles when he was playing so defensively is the problem, just relying on AI to block and intercept.

    Before the patch these guys would be demolished 5-0 by edge-of-box finesse shots because they do nothing but drop back. Now it's a boring grind of who can get a lucky goal and park the bus first.

    Game is flawed.

    Here lies the problem! Players like you have got to rely on using op finesse shots from outside the area, and you now are fvckd because you don’t have a clue how to score any other way!!.......Learn to play properly and create a goal, like in a real match!!!

  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Zakury wrote: »
    The fact your opponent made 4 tackles when he was playing so defensively is the problem, just relying on AI to block and intercept.

    Before the patch these guys would be demolished 5-0 by edge-of-box finesse shots because they do nothing but drop back. Now it's a boring grind of who can get a lucky goal and park the bus first.

    Game is flawed.

    Here lies the problem! Players like you have got to rely on using op finesse shots from outside the area, and you now are fvckd because you don’t have a clue how to score any other way!!.......Learn to play properly and create a goal, like in a real match!!!

    This is great advice, however, what happens when you create that chance, aim on target with a 90+ finishing striker and it goes wide. This is why people are spamming crosses, it’s more effective than a clear change from 10 yards, which is crazy
  • FCBlunt
    2234 posts Fans' Favourite
    Welcome to Fifa 19, where shooting became RNG. At least they nerfed TF, now they need to nerf their other mistakes like RNG Shooting and FUT Ai.

    After fifa 18 we asked, can we please not have an OP easy double click to score button? So EA went and gave us just that, they nerfed pace and buffed ai. They basically went in every direction we wanted them to stray from.

    If that’s not being disconnected from your actual fanbase, I dont know what is. They’d rather listen to the pros, who practice the broken parts of their games. No wonder the game breaks more when these dumbos beta test the game and come up with suggestions.

    Here’s my advice, quit Fifa.
    Its over, the game will remain trash and the next game will be worse.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    G
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    Welcome to Fifa 19, where shooting became RNG. At least they nerfed TF, now they need to nerf their other mistakes like RNG Shooting and FUT Ai.

    After fifa 18 we asked, can we please not have an OP easy double click to score button? So EA went and gave us just that, they nerfed pace and buffed ai. They basically went in every direction we wanted them to stray from.

    If that’s not being disconnected from your actual fanbase, I dont know what is. They’d rather listen to the pros, who practice the broken parts of their games. No wonder the game breaks more when these dumbos beta test the game and come up with suggestions.

    Here’s my advice, quit Fifa.
    Its over, the game will remain trash and the next game will be worse.

    I agree with everything you say mate, it’s a joke currently. I was one of the people sore over TF removal, hated the buffed AI, but even after adapting and creating more clear chances then ever, I’m firing wide or hitting the post. I’ve gone from easy no look goals, to now spamming back post crosses because it has the highest success rate.

    1v1 - forget it. Clear chance in the box - pray it goes where aimed. I thought the game was a mess before, but the shooting mechanics in this game are ridiculous.
  • Verg
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I agree. Ai defending is not the issue, it’s the inconsistent one on one finishing even with top players
  • SomeNextGuy
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 9
    I'm more confident hammering in a volley from just outside the box than I am in one and one situations.

    A lot of my goals come from quick wing play followed by driven low passes across the box at the moment.
  • hayhor1
    14279 posts Has That Special Something
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Aim in the corner - straight at the keeper.

    lol18m.jpeg

    Aim top bin - wide

    1f9jcvnv7.jpeg

    8 yards out, head on target with a player who has 99 heading accuracy and it goes wide

    rjpo75rhbr.jpeg

    I won this game 1-0. My opponent had ZERO shots on target. Just packed the box. It was painful. My goal? A 30 yard, top bin, timed shot with Ballack.

    lmttleu.jpeg

    The most painful 12 mins of my life. I thought I was playing squad battles at one point. To all the threads bashing timed finesse/finishing players, I ask you, what’s the point breaking down the AI defence, if your shots are not going where directed? These are not bronze players. These are 90+ finishing 90+ composure players. The shooting on this game is beyond awful. I’m done for this patch, that game broke me. See you in Fifa 19.3

    Would prefer to see the video of how on balance and where the ball came from.......
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Aim in the corner - straight at the keeper.

    lol18m.jpeg

    Aim top bin - wide

    1f9jcvnv7.jpeg

    8 yards out, head on target with a player who has 99 heading accuracy and it goes wide

    rjpo75rhbr.jpeg

    I won this game 1-0. My opponent had ZERO shots on target. Just packed the box. It was painful. My goal? A 30 yard, top bin, timed shot with Ballack.

    lmttleu.jpeg

    The most painful 12 mins of my life. I thought I was playing squad battles at one point. To all the threads bashing timed finesse/finishing players, I ask you, what’s the point breaking down the AI defence, if your shots are not going where directed? These are not bronze players. These are 90+ finishing 90+ composure players. The shooting on this game is beyond awful. I’m done for this patch, that game broke me. See you in Fifa 19.3

    Would prefer to see the video of how on balance and where the ball came from.......

    Dude, are you high? I’ve given 20 examples on this thread alone. It was a free header. You can see his stance, he’s in full control, not off balance, he has 99 heading accuracy. I’ll repeat that again. 99 heading accuracy. It’s miles wide. Second one was a scoop turn, one touch in front, timed finish.

    I scored a goal in that game where the ball was behind the player and I scooped it top corner. Yet you talk as if balance on a shot is an issue. Leave it out.
  • hayhor1
    14279 posts Has That Special Something
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Aim in the corner - straight at the keeper.

    lol18m.jpeg

    Aim top bin - wide

    1f9jcvnv7.jpeg

    8 yards out, head on target with a player who has 99 heading accuracy and it goes wide

    rjpo75rhbr.jpeg

    I won this game 1-0. My opponent had ZERO shots on target. Just packed the box. It was painful. My goal? A 30 yard, top bin, timed shot with Ballack.

    lmttleu.jpeg

    The most painful 12 mins of my life. I thought I was playing squad battles at one point. To all the threads bashing timed finesse/finishing players, I ask you, what’s the point breaking down the AI defence, if your shots are not going where directed? These are not bronze players. These are 90+ finishing 90+ composure players. The shooting on this game is beyond awful. I’m done for this patch, that game broke me. See you in Fifa 19.3

    Would prefer to see the video of how on balance and where the ball came from.......

    Dude, are you high? I’ve given 20 examples on this thread alone. It was a free header. You can see his stance, he’s in full control, not off balance, he has 99 heading accuracy. I’ll repeat that again. 99 heading accuracy. It’s miles wide. Second one was a scoop turn, one touch in front, timed finish.

    I scored a goal in that game where the ball was behind the player and I scooped it top corner. Yet you talk as if balance on a shot is an issue. Leave it out.

    The first vid I watched your strike fell over off to the right. Whether it was you or the stuff in the game we arent allowed to talk about it shows him off balance.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    edited February 9
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Aim in the corner - straight at the keeper.

    lol18m.jpeg

    Aim top bin - wide

    1f9jcvnv7.jpeg

    8 yards out, head on target with a player who has 99 heading accuracy and it goes wide

    rjpo75rhbr.jpeg

    I won this game 1-0. My opponent had ZERO shots on target. Just packed the box. It was painful. My goal? A 30 yard, top bin, timed shot with Ballack.

    lmttleu.jpeg

    The most painful 12 mins of my life. I thought I was playing squad battles at one point. To all the threads bashing timed finesse/finishing players, I ask you, what’s the point breaking down the AI defence, if your shots are not going where directed? These are not bronze players. These are 90+ finishing 90+ composure players. The shooting on this game is beyond awful. I’m done for this patch, that game broke me. See you in Fifa 19.3

    Would prefer to see the video of how on balance and where the ball came from.......

    Dude, are you high? I’ve given 20 examples on this thread alone. It was a free header. You can see his stance, he’s in full control, not off balance, he has 99 heading accuracy. I’ll repeat that again. 99 heading accuracy. It’s miles wide. Second one was a scoop turn, one touch in front, timed finish.

    I scored a goal in that game where the ball was behind the player and I scooped it top corner. Yet you talk as if balance on a shot is an issue. Leave it out.

    The first vid I watched your strike fell over off to the right. Whether it was you or the stuff in the game we arent allowed to talk about it shows him off balance.
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Last one from me boys. I played a 3rd game.

    8 players in the box, work a clean and clear chance with a player who’s got 94 finishing and 94 composure and I can’t even hit the target.



    Best. 1.5 bars of power. Timed finish. Miles over. Goes way above the shot line.

    i14ltwvf3.jpeg

    TOTY Ronaldo - sold. Can’t hit the target from 8 yards despite having 99 finishing. The latest patch has destroyed shooting in any form.

    5sdfmc.jpeg

    Won this game 1-0 again. Chance after chance. Horrendous game!

    This one? :joy: It comes across him, he has 95 finishing. It’s 10 yards out. He’s perfectly upright. It goes miles wide. You’re telling me I should have took a touch with the AI defending? Or maybe passed around the box to try a first time finish, whilst the player is almost lying sideways on? Or ran to the wing and El tornado’d across? How about the Sturridge one, top corner, first time, from no angle on a 2* weak foot.

    What a whopper! Appreciate the laugh though, good work
  • Noo
    1036 posts Professional
    Great thread. Showing fifa for what it us now, a lottery. User input is not as important as it was pre-patch.
  • SP300x
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Has EA acknowledged this post in any way yet ?
  • hayhor1
    14279 posts Has That Special Something
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Aim in the corner - straight at the keeper.

    lol18m.jpeg

    Aim top bin - wide

    1f9jcvnv7.jpeg

    8 yards out, head on target with a player who has 99 heading accuracy and it goes wide

    rjpo75rhbr.jpeg

    I won this game 1-0. My opponent had ZERO shots on target. Just packed the box. It was painful. My goal? A 30 yard, top bin, timed shot with Ballack.

    lmttleu.jpeg

    The most painful 12 mins of my life. I thought I was playing squad battles at one point. To all the threads bashing timed finesse/finishing players, I ask you, what’s the point breaking down the AI defence, if your shots are not going where directed? These are not bronze players. These are 90+ finishing 90+ composure players. The shooting on this game is beyond awful. I’m done for this patch, that game broke me. See you in Fifa 19.3

    Would prefer to see the video of how on balance and where the ball came from.......

    Dude, are you high? I’ve given 20 examples on this thread alone. It was a free header. You can see his stance, he’s in full control, not off balance, he has 99 heading accuracy. I’ll repeat that again. 99 heading accuracy. It’s miles wide. Second one was a scoop turn, one touch in front, timed finish.

    I scored a goal in that game where the ball was behind the player and I scooped it top corner. Yet you talk as if balance on a shot is an issue. Leave it out.

    The first vid I watched your strike fell over off to the right. Whether it was you or the stuff in the game we arent allowed to talk about it shows him off balance.
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Last one from me boys. I played a 3rd game.

    8 players in the box, work a clean and clear chance with a player who’s got 94 finishing and 94 composure and I can’t even hit the target.



    Best. 1.5 bars of power. Timed finish. Miles over. Goes way above the shot line.

    i14ltwvf3.jpeg

    TOTY Ronaldo - sold. Can’t hit the target from 8 yards despite having 99 finishing. The latest patch has destroyed shooting in any form.

    5sdfmc.jpeg

    Won this game 1-0 again. Chance after chance. Horrendous game!

    This one? :joy: It comes across him, he has 95 finishing. It’s 10 yards out. He’s perfectly upright. It goes miles wide. You’re telling me I should have took a touch with the AI defending? Or maybe passed around the box to try a first time finish, whilst the player is almost lying sideways on? Or ran to the wing and El tornado’d across? How about the Sturridge one, top corner, first time, from no angle on a 2* weak foot.

    What a whopper! Appreciate the laugh though, good work

    Not saying it's right but the first video at 26 seconds shows the striker fall over as he takes the strike. I dunno why he does but he does. I didnt see the sturridge one.
Sign In or Register to comment.