Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

• Jonboyparker
    7183 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2019
    Nivaze wrote: »
    Nivaze wrote: »
    Been struggling all week and decided to try be 4222 a try today. It’s been a revelation. I’m an average player with a 3m team... nothing special.

Having a great WL for once on 11-4. I feel like I’ve been in every game except 2 that I got beat by better players. I’ve finally managed to find a way of turning game around fork losing positions by adding pressure in the 2nd half

B1-D14-EEE-D306-4-F98-8-E6-A-C34-EE26-D85-AC.jpg

I have my cams on default and they work wonders. I also bring some pace on (OTW Anderson and FFS Sancho) in the 2nd half to really terrorise!

This formation is great for defeating PTB too if you apply pressure high up the pitch

Mind sharing the tactics? I’m really struggling against PTB atm.

No problem. I use two CT’s for the 4222 in game.

Start CT’s: Balanced, 4,4, Balanced, 5, 5, 2, 1

Against PTB: Constant, 6, 6, Fast, 7, 7, 3, 2

The idea against PTB is to be high up and get the ball fast, get it in the box fast and grab a goal or 2 then return to your standard tactics.

Honestly, this is the best thing I’ve done in Fifa. You can’t use it all the time due to stamina drain and of course it’s bit risky but I find PTB players start to panic in most cases (I can litterally feel them button bashing). They start running round not knowing what to do. They try to counter but your pressure gets the ball. Obviously it’s not perfect... nothing is. I highly recommend trying it a few times.

Will give it a try, cheers mate! How about instructions?

ST 1: GIB, Stay forward, Stay Central (Aguero)
    ST 2: Default (Ibra)
    LM/RM Default (Nakata and KDB are small so there is no point getting in the box for crosses)
    CM: 1x Stay Back, 2x cover center (Pogba HL and Kante MH)
    Fullbacks: Stay Back

Doesn't change for either CT's. I bring on PACE (FFS Sancho and OTW Anderson) in the 2nd half. My 3rd sub depends on what i need.
    Post edited by Jonboyparker on
  • ASX
    3538 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2019
    Did the Nedved SBC for around 200k with club cards, better fit with work rates than Rivaldo and has a 5* weakfoot so can swap him with Bale and bring Rivaldo on as a sub. Switch to 442 in game.

oSwhGFV.jpg
  • Seandimes
    3447 posts National Call-Up
    ASX wrote: »
    Did the Nedved SBC for around 200k with club cards, better fit with work rates than Rivaldo and has a 5* weakfoot so can swap him with Bale and bring Rivaldo on as a sub. Switch to 442 in game.

oSwhGFV.jpg

Am a bit jealous tbh, that team looks absolutely amazing. Nedved should definitely be an upgrade to Rivaldo. How is that HL Pogba?

Called it quits for today at 11-2. Would have liked to keep playing, but lost all creativity in attack after playing so many games in a row. Playing WL with such a cheap team is so much more relaxing for me, since I dont really have any expectations. Planned to play up to gold 3, but lets see how far we get.

How is you guys WL going?
  • Nivaze
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    Seandimes wrote: »

oSwhGFV.jpg

Am a bit jealous tbh, that team looks absolutely amazing. Nedved should definitely be an upgrade to Rivaldo. How is that HL Pogba?

Called it quits for today at 11-2. Would have liked to keep playing, but lost all creativity in attack after playing so many games in a row. Playing WL with such a cheap team is so much more relaxing for me, since I dont really have any expectations. Planned to play up to gold 3, but lets see how far we get.

That’s a nice record, what did you usually end up with in WL when you had a good squad?

I went 3-0 then 3-3 and at some point I was 6-8 which is my worst record ever as a G1/E3 player. So wanted to get G3 and call it a day but I’m 17-8 now. Not sure wether to try and push for G1 or just leave it here.

• Seandimes
    Mostly gold 1, with 2 elite 3 finishes and one elite 2. Got pretty lucky in a couple of wins today with late game goals from corners or penalties, so I am sure it will even out over the next games. Main problem is the defense, going up with Gimenez and Paulista against Icon strikers is a struggle :D .

If you have fun playing, just push for gold 1. You might get a good run of games towards the end and get there, so why not try
  • ASX
    edited February 2019

oSwhGFV.jpg

Not sure about pogba, I don't think it's worth it over his standard card or IF. Might sell him and get his IF which is way cheaper. Or sell him and save a bit for TOTY KdB.

1-1 in WL, just starting now:)
  • limjitwe
    9995 posts Has That Special Something
    @ASX how’s m Hamsik!?
  • ASX
    limjitwe wrote: »
    @ASX how’s m Hamsik!?

Hamsik is great. So good on the ball and great shooting.
  • Frank81
    81 posts Park Captain
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Using the 442(2) for some days now and while i tried the "long ball" tactic for lots of games, i really do prefer "balanced" attack tactics. Balanced offers way more control, posession and there is almost always a passing option. in general i feel a balanced attack is perfect for pulling the oposition out of position if you just take your time in buildup and mix up safe and risky passes.

That said, i woul really recommend the 442 to everyone as its very balanced and playable agains every other formation.

CT ?
  • IAIK7
    3489 posts National Call-Up
    Would the 4222 play similar to this formation? The only real difference is obviously the CAMs are pushed up a little further than the RM and LM. I'm thinking about starting out as that whilst using the CTs and PI from this thread.
  • Chalmo
    863 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2019
    Hey @Chalmo , great you are enjoying the formation. Your team fits my setup exactly. Raul is a perfect fit in the "holdup striker" role. The more versatile the holdup striker is, the better.
    I am sure he will play very well off of Reus, let me know how your team keeps playing!

Just finished the first 10 games of WL, very happy to end up with 9-1. The one loss was absolutely deserved. Torres is the star of the team so far, really glad I did the sbc. Scored 17 and assisted 6 in the 10 games. Pretty sure he wont keep it up, but its a nice start :)

@Seandimes

Thanks for your feedback. Indeed, it's very nice to play with these two.
    Raul will probably never leave my team for 2 reasons: he's crazy good AND he's from the SBC ahah. Definitely don't want to bench an around 1.3 M player on the bench.

Also, as you said in your guide, it's true that the wingers don't score or pass a lot. But that doesn't mean they are useless. They are very important in the building play. So I do agree with you on that.
    I'm saying that for those who could be disappointed to see their favorites players with no goals ahhah :) They are still very important !!

Now I wanted to talk about my 2 midfielders : Goretzka IF and Ndombele FS. They are indeed matching perfectly your criteria. They are very fun to play with. But I might upgrade them soon. They are actually both untradables and I'm using them while I do trading with my coins.
    I will go back to Pogba and Kante which are definitely the best pairing CM/CDM I used so far (for regular at least).
    I would even say that Kante is a unique player in this game. He might not match the criteria anymore but as you said too, when it comes to big players, it doesn't really matter anymore.
    And I'm pretty sure I will be able to get something out of them :D

Still hesitating between these 3 teams:

d4f5ec2c1d08f5166c6a0f1163653963.jpg

75f614e963de2ae2a6618206560cf5e6.jpg

a3e82e084e9af898b90a987dfbe5a4db.jpg

Thanks
    Chalmo

• Recoba10
    2124 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thank you for this guide, it works perfectly for me. It even made me enjoy FS Nfombele. I thought he was no good so he was lost somewhere in my club but he is just perfect in this formation. I pair him with futmas Matuidi.
  • Seandimes
    Recoba10 wrote: »
    Thank you for this guide, it works perfectly for me. It even made me enjoy FS Nfombele. I thought he was no good so he was lost somewhere in my club but he is just perfect in this formation. I pair him with futmas Matuidi.

Great to hear man. Ndombele really fits perfectly to the formation!

@Chalmo

Out of the teams you posted, definitely the first one. Personally if you have Goretzka and Ndombele untradeable, I would keep them and upgrade somewhere else.

Looking at your team, I think you would probably benefit most from upgrading your defense, maybe Varane + an Icon defender?
  • Chalmo
    863 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2019
    @Seandimes
    Goretzka and Ndombele are awesome. Don’t me wrong. :)
    But I really really enjoy Pogba and Kante both IRL and IG. I think they are next level and very good value for money.

About the defense, of course I really need to upgrade it. Varane is in the pole position, definitely.
    I guess an icon could be nice but there’s not really one who pleases me. I mean I like to play with players that I like IRL. It’s one of my main criteria ahah.

That Reus / Raul is really strong and so fun to play with.

The thing with Reus is that he’s harder to place in a team.

Maybe this:

340678def35d1a6dd79460a070f3b180.jpg
  • Seandimes
    That looks the best out of the teams you posted by far! BUT if you like Pogba and Kante IRL and ingame, just put them in. Always more enjoyable to play with players you like, than just building the perfect team
  • Chalmo
    863 posts Semi-Pro
    @Seandimes

Looks fun to me :)
  • EnzoGambaro
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited February 2019
    What a great guide this is and the help OP has given since has been fantastic. Really great to see this kind of team spirit in the FIFA community. Found this at just the right time too as the game had become a bit stale before the new patch, which has resparked my interest a little. Now I just need to settle on a formation and this guide has really motivated me to try 442 (2) out so many thanks.

Couple of questions if anyone could help. Who would you recommend to play beside FS Frenkie De Jong in midfield? I was using SBC Casemiro but I guess he's too defensive and I can't decide who to replace him with. I was looking at maybe Pogba, SBC Doucoure or RTTF Kondogbia perhaps (although Kondogbia seems a little too expensive). Would having no high defensive workrate on either mid be a problem?

Also, I currently have Prime Crespo (untradeable) and FB Ibra as my two front men. Again, would them both being M/L be an issue or could I sort that out with player instructions?
  • Seandimes
    What a great guide this is and the help OP has given since has been fantastic. Really great to see this kind of team spirit in the FIFA community. Found this at just the right time too as the game had become a bit stale before the new patch, which has resparked my interest a little. Now I just need to settle on a formation and this guide has really motivated me to try 442 (2) out so many thanks.

Couple of questions if anyone could help. Who would you recommend to play beside FS Frenkie De Jong in midfield? I was using SBC Casemiro but I guess he's too defensive and I can't decide who to replace him with. I was looking at maybe Pogba, SBC Doucoure or RTTF Kondogbia perhaps (although Kondogbia seems a little too expensive). Would having no high defensive workrate on either mid be a problem?

Also, I currently have Prime Crespo (untradeable) and FB Ibra as my two front men. Again, would them both being M/L be an issue or could I sort that out with player instructions?

Thanks for all the praise, really appreciate it! Sadly SBC Casemiro is not at all suited to the formation. We need two midfielders that can run up and down the pitch for pretty much the whole game, and thats just not Casemiros style.
    Any out of Pogba, Doucoure and Kondogbia can work, but I would say Pogba is the best suited out of those. Gives us a bit more creativity and flair from midfield, and thats always great to have.
    As for Crespo and Ibra, its not an ideal pairing. They are a bit too similar in my opinion, and matching workrates on the strikers is also not great. If you are set on using them, try out the false 9 instruction on Ibra (since he is by far the better passer).
    If that doesnt work, you can always get someone like IF Ben Yedder for cheap, who will do a great job and play well together with either Ibra or Crespo
  • Seandimes
    Had to rebuild my team a little bit. That Gimenez/Paulista defense was driving me insane.

53a39db0cd7d1547cf65b38e0aecbe64.jpg

Pretty happy with this now. Hopefully on thursday I ll be able to replace Lenglet with Varane, and Rodrigo with IF Ben Yedder. Reached Gold3 so far with 14-4, everything from here on is just a bonus.
  • EnzoGambaro
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    @Seandimes Thanks so much for the advice, man. Really appreciated. Will go and get Pogba and Ben Yedder. And it means I get to have Ibra coming off the bench late on which is always a bonus anyway. Cheers.
  • Nivaze
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    After my worst start ever in WL I had to win 3 out of 4 to get G1 and after switching to 442 I actually managed to get it. Neymar is actually doing bits as LM!
  • ASX
    edited February 2019
    Against 433 and 4321 I found setting one striker to false 9 and come back to defend helps quite a bit, makes the 442(2) formation almost a 4231 when needed.

• JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    Hello, Mr. Sea 'n' Dimes, thank you for your very cool guide. @RayS told me about this formation, and I'll be using it as an alternative to the regular 4-4-2, which hasn't been as good as I thought it'd be.
  • Baschti
    211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How do u get the lm and rm involved in game....?
  • ASX
    Baschti wrote: »
    How do u get the lm and rm involved in game....?

If you set their instruction to get in the box then they make overlapping runs past the strikers. I have Bale and Nedved scoring quite a few goals.

They seem to come into midfield, quite narrow, when you don't have the ball so if you're not OK with that you could have them stay wide using the instruction.

I have a several preset 442(2) tactics:

1) To counter 433/4321: One striker on come back to defence and false 9, wingers get into the box, CDM stay back while attacking, fullbacks default - This makes the 442(2) a 4231 as the striker is in more of a CAM role and adds an extra player to help with the oppositions 3 in midfield.

2) Standard 442(2): One striker on false 9, wingers get into the box, CDM stay back while attacking, fullbacks default.

3) A bit more defensive 442(2): As above but fullbacks stay back while attacking.

4) For width: As per 2) with wingers stay wide.

Gives me options in game if I'm not creating chances or struggling defensively in game.
  • Baschti

Incredible tutorial :)
  • ASX

Incredible tutorial :)

Seen that before, very good.

You could apply come back on defence to my option 1 above to help out with the 3 attackers if opposition is playing 433/4321
  • ASX
    Here is full instructions, bit clearer, based on the tactic template available. Bergkamp is my creative striker.

Ultra Attacking
    • Bergkamp – False 9
    • Wingers – Get into the box
    • CDM – Stay back while attacking
    • Fullbacks – Default

Attacking (a bit more defensive)
    • Bergkamp – False 9
    • Fullbacks – Stay back while attacking

Normal – 451 for chemistry

Defensive (for width)
    • Bergkamp – False 9
    • Wingers – Get into the box, stay wide
    • Fullbacks – Default

Ultra Defensive (to counter 433/4321)
    • Bergkamp – False 9, come back in defence
    • Wingers – Get into the box, come back in defence
    • Fullbacks – Default or stay back while attacking (switch in game if struggling)
  • Baschti
    Here is full instructions, bit clearer, based on the tactic template available. Bergkamp is my creative striker.

Ultra Attacking
    • Bergkamp – False 9
    • Fullbacks – Default

• Bergkamp – False 9

Defensive (for width)
    • Bergkamp – False 9
    • Fullbacks – Default

• Fullbacks – Default or stay back while attacking (switch in game if struggling)

And tactic?
  • ASX
    edited February 2019

Ultra Attacking
    • Bergkamp – False 9
    • Fullbacks – Default

• Bergkamp – False 9

Defensive (for width)
    • Bergkamp – False 9
    • Fullbacks – Default

And tactic?

Tactic is:

Defensive Style: Balanced
    Width: 4
    Depth: 4

Offensive Style: Long ball
    Width: 6
    Players in Box: 5
    Corners: 3
    Free Kicks: 3