The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    6097 posts Big Money Move
    Farlz wrote: »
    I never quite understood the Ranieri appointment

Think we thought he would be easier to stomach for the fans than Allardyce and still organise the defence. But we have no chance with Ream, Odoi and Christie.
  • Ahmer50x
    18282 posts World Class

Baffling decision.

The Khans seem to feel they have to play attacking football. While that'd admirable, someone like Big Sam could've kept them up and they could've slowly built towards a more attacking mindset over a few seasons.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Baffling decision.

The Khans seem to feel they have to play attacking football. While that'd admirable, someone like Big Sam could've kept them up and they could've slowly built towards a more attacking mindset over a few seasons.

It’s not thinking we have to play attacking necessarily. We just put the recruitment focus on signing flashy names for big money rather than playing it safe.

I genuinely think we’d still have gone down with Allardyce assuming we had the same January window. Even Allardyce couldn’t make Ream, Odoi and Christie look good.
  • ryan217
    2878 posts Fans' Favourite
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    I don’t like Football anymore.

I haven’t watched much PL this season but from what I have seen I can’t believe quite how bad you are for how much you’ve spent

Part you’re missing is we spent it horribly. One PL quality defender out of 100m and he got injured putting his boots on. I’m genuinely not sure if we thought we could come up and outscofe the teams around us, and we’re surprised that they’re capable of defending or what...

What amazes me is you've spent £100m and actually made the team worse, also think calling Mawson prem quality is highly debatable.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Our transfer policy was that of a team who already have their feet under the table and could afford to take a few risks. There was too many chances taken. Someone like Anguissa could be good in the right team. Schürrle might have gotten his form properly back at a team like Leicester or Watford- but putting all of them in the same team has brought us to this.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited February 9
    ryan217 wrote: »
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    I don’t like Football anymore.

I haven’t watched much PL this season but from what I have seen I can’t believe quite how bad you are for how much you’ve spent

Part you’re missing is we spent it horribly. One PL quality defender out of 100m and he got injured putting his boots on. I’m genuinely not sure if we thought we could come up and outscofe the teams around us, and we’re surprised that they’re capable of defending or what...

What amazes me is you've spent £100m and actually made the team worse, also think calling Mawson prem quality is highly debatable.

Losing Fredericks and not replacing him is the one massive problem we’ve had. I criticised him sometimes defensively, but he’d always keep the opposing LB pushed back because they knew he could do them for pace down the wing and he could run with the ball. Christie doesn’t run and passes the ball backwards which lets us get overrun.

Not saying that’s out only problem- but it’s one of them.

I’m not saying Mawson’s a worldie, but I do think he’s Prem quality. Think he’ll stay next season as well because he’ll have had back-to-back relegations and has spent most of this one injured.
  • NornIron
    11467 posts Has That Special Something
    What happened in the leeds game someone taken ill?
  • dannyboy
    12827 posts Has That Special Something
    We them leeds boys, uwu
  • Handy Andy
    5763 posts Big Money Move

I’m not saying Mawson’s a worldie, but I do think he’s Prem quality.

no. just no
  • Lard_Lad
    12619 posts Has That Special Something
    Leeds and Norwich scoring so many late goals, we just concede them.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited February 9
    Handy Andy wrote: »

I’m not saying Mawson’s a worldie, but I do think he’s Prem quality.

no. just no

Put a different way, he's the closest we have to a PL quality defender. It's Mawson a decent gap then Le Marchand and Bryan and then a massive gap to Odoi and Ream and then an even bigger gap to Cyrus Christie.
  • Handy Andy
    Got Aluko at false 9 today wheeler, Mings caused this cri
  • wheelerdeeler
    Got Aluko at false 9 today wheeler, Mings caused this cri

Hat-Trick inbound.
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    **** off qpr
  • wheelerdeeler
    Suppose it could be worse and we could be QPR.
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    Che Adams is a bit good tbf
  • Hicksy2011
    13125 posts Has That Special Something
    What a shame QPR are getting battered
    Still cant believe two of them kicked Curtis in the head while he was on the ground injured and didnt get banned
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    accidental imo
  • BcfcDale88
    3726 posts National Call-Up
    Che Adams has scored 3 great goals today
  • AaronMFC
    1580 posts Play-Off Hero
    101st minute thats a stinger. Too negative in trying to hold onto the lead but a much better display especially in terms of effort than in midweek.
  • They Caged Non
    4479 posts National Call-Up
    Fair result that but 12 minutes, 4th official needs to get a new watch the ****
  • AtomicOdin
    1135 posts Professional
    glad I picked going to a gig in Manchester over the footy today. Hopkin has picked playing hoofball over football on this windy as hell day in bradford. just what was going to work with 2 short arses up front.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Suppose it could be worse and we could be QPR.

pls no.
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    edited February 9
    **** off QPR ffssssss

Let's please not post in ALL CAPS. - EA_Cian
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3304 posts National Call-Up

:lol:
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    come on now Cian fella
  • dannyboy

:lol:

Destroyed
  • Handy Andy
    edited February 9
    come on now Cian fella

PRETTY SURE IT IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES TO POST IN ALL CAPS TBH

bantz
  • GoodnightIrene
    3358 posts National Call-Up
    Shrewsbury the dirtiest biggest bunch of cheats I’ve had the displeasure of seeing all season, ref could have given them 4 reds today I’d he wasn’t a bottler.
  • dannyboy
    come on now Cian fella

PRETTY SURE IT IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES TO POST IN ALL CAPS TBH

bantz

It is, tbh
    Check the rules again
    Thanks