The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    6099 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 8
    Apollo wrote: »
    :D

Anyone in here left their team's ground before the end of a game before? For footballing reasons only I mean, other factors could be understandable.

Twice. When we were 3-1 down to Sunderland in the 13/14 season and Senderos had just made Jozy Altidore look like Messi and given away a penalty. Was out of the ground before Adam Johnson buried it for his Hat-Trick.

Other time was either when we lost 5-1 to Bournemouth or 5-0 to Jokanovic's Watford, both at home. Can't remember which one, both the same season and about two months apart and have just sort of blended into one.

Actually, wait, three times. Left before the end of the FA Cup replay with Sheffield Utd but that was partially because there was a tube strike. Might have hung in there if the game wasn't absolutely horrific with the weather matching to boot.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3681 posts National Call-Up

Anyone in here left their team's ground before the end of a game before? For footballing reasons only I mean, other factors could be understandable.

Absolutely not, been plenty of times I've wanted to but i'd never willing walk out on my team.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14060 posts Has That Special Something
    Going to the FC united game tomorrow @Alastair, can't wait to see them be confirmed relegated :D
  • Lard_Lad
    12621 posts Has That Special Something
    This game will make or break our season. This is a real test of character, need a huge performance on Wednesday. First 70 mins we were great. Then we implode.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3681 posts National Call-Up
  • ryan217
    2879 posts Fans' Favourite

No, the only time I ever considered it was on the night they gave out the red scarves, seeing the stadium in red made me feel physically sick.
  • They Caged Non
    4487 posts National Call-Up

I normally walk down the steps on 90 and watch the rest stood at the entrance to the stand (or on TV in the concourse) but if there is something at stake just stay in the seat.

• Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    Massive result considering we only decided to turn up in the 70th odd minute. Jedinak is finished, terrible decision from Smith to start him. Hourihane is also the biggest fraud in English football. Not even surprised at referee decisions these days.
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    Tammy first player in nearly 40 years to score 20 league goals for us, what a player.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    We're Aston Abraham these days.
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    edited February 9
    Going to the FC united game tomorrow @Alastair, can't wait to see them be confirmed relegated :D

If Alty beat them tomorrow and York beat Ashton the bottom three will be all but sown up. If we then beat Ashton next week and FCUM two weeks after that it’ll be certain.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    So, January's two best sides meeting at Ewood today, looking forward to the inevitable 0-0 :D

1-AD230-E0-6063-404-A-97-F3-EBAE79-D99-F52.png
  • Lard_Lad
    12621 posts Has That Special Something
    Still not over last night, cannot be throwing leads away last night if we want a chance at promotion.

But one positive is Billy Sharp, what a player, he looks quicker and stronger then he has all career and scoring for fun. 22 goals for the season is a massive achievement for a whole season, to have scored that many by early February is ridiculous.
  • Hicksy2011
    13133 posts Has That Special Something
    Could do with a win today against Plymouth, not least to shut that total **** Adams up
  • AtomicOdin
    1135 posts Professional
    Today is a must win for us, could see us move out of the bottom 4. I'm missing it today as well and the last few games I have missed have been belters that we have won. Hope that continues today.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Got people selling half and half scarves in the park today. Get me back to the Championship.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Got people selling half and half scarves in the park today. Get me back to the Championship.

Don’t worry mate it won’t be long x
  • Hicksy2011
    13133 posts Has That Special Something

Not sure I would take Vietto in league one (in before he scores two today)
  • wheelerdeeler
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

Not sure I would take Vietto in league one (in before he scores two today)

Changed the game when he came on against Brighton to be fair to him. But he is pretty much useless.
  • wheelerdeeler
    I don’t like Football anymore.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

I haven’t watched much PL this season but from what I have seen I can’t believe quite how bad you are for how much you’ve spent
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited February 9
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

I haven’t watched much PL this season but from what I have seen I can’t believe quite how bad you are for how much you’ve spent

Part you’re missing is we spent it horribly. One PL quality defender out of 100m and he got injured putting his boots on. I’m genuinely not sure if we thought we could come up and outscofe the teams around us, and we’re surprised that they’re capable of defending or what...
  • wheelerdeeler
    We’re still playing Odoi and Ream, and to make it better the player we signed to play CB in Nordtveit isn’t even fit apparently. Sums up how we’ve done transfers this season.

We should have a decent defence in the Championship to build on though. Nobody is signing any of them based on this season.
  • WFCBagnall
    70544 posts Moderator

I turned ifollow off in the 85th minute when we were 3-0 down to Southend, does that count?
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

Part you’re missing is we spent it horribly. One PL quality defender out of 100m and he got injured putting his boots on. I’m genuinely not sure if we thought we could come up and outscofe the teams around us, and we’re surprised that they’re capable of defending or what...

What’s your thoughts on Bryan so far? Seems he’s still making all the same kinds of defensive errors he made with us, switching off and not staying with runners and always failing the offside trap
  • wheelerdeeler
    Bringing on Cyrus Christie for a winger at 2-0 down. Should get an evaluation let alone a couple of people chanting.
  • wheelerdeeler

What’s your thoughts on Bryan so far? Seems he’s still making all the same kinds of defensive errors he made with us, switching off and not staying with runners and always failing the offside trap

Decent enough cross on him, but him getting caught at the back post has cost us points multiple times this season. Wolves immediately springs to mind.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Think Bryan and Le Marchand could do well in the Prem with a better defensive unit around them. There’s no hope for Odoi, Ream or Christie.

We need to keep Mawson next season and build the defence around him (and keep him fit).
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    I never quite understood the Ranieri appointment