The American SOCCER Lounge 18/19

Comments

• Ryno
    6026 posts Big Money Move
    Plus our league isn't in season yet. I'm sure come March when it returns, it'll be a lot more lively. You guys will finally have a chance to dethrone me in fantasy.

But I warn you: if you take aim at the king, you best not miss. 🤴🏾⚽

If we are talking about dead things than our fantasy league last year was the most dead of them all :lol:
  • Antparry92
    16925 posts World Class
    Ryno wrote: »
    Plus our league isn't in season yet. I'm sure come March when it returns, it'll be a lot more lively. You guys will finally have a chance to dethrone me in fantasy.

If we are talking about dead things than our fantasy league last year was the most dead of them all :lol:

I forgot to set my team after like week 3-4 and he walks round thinking he’s the champ....more like a chump :sunglasses:
  • SuperSonicSean
    5225 posts Big Money Move
    Antparry92 wrote: »

I forgot to set my team after like week 3-4 and he walks round thinking he’s the champ....more like a chump :sunglasses:

A win is a a win lol.

But I'm really excited for this upcoming season. This is the first MLS X.0 season post-Almiron transfer. I want to see how everything plays out now that we've embraced our status as a selling league.
  • SuperSonicSean
    Schweinsteiger has 93 pace and shooting now. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
  • Antparry92
    16925 posts World Class

A win is a a win lol.

But I'm really excited for this upcoming season. This is the first MLS X.0 season post-Almiron transfer. I want to see how everything plays out now that we've embraced our status as a selling league.

I’m hoping everyone jumps on board this year. In fairness last year I was a teacher and barely had time to change my side and stuff. Should be easier this year
  • Ryno
    edited February 8

A win is a a win lol.

I’m hoping everyone jumps on board this year. In fairness last year I was a teacher and barely had time to change my side and stuff. Should be easier this year

Id be more serious about it if there was money on the line :trollface:

Also, the league will be hard for me to follow when Im in Asia for 3 months+
  • RayS
    23577 posts Player of the Year
    Schweinsteiger has 93 pace and shooting now. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Was just gonna ask. Thanks!
  • RayS
    RayS wrote: »

Was just gonna ask. Thanks!

99 shot power 97 long shots :o
  • Ryno
    edited February 8
  • Ryno wrote: »

Thats an interesting way to construct a transfer. No transfer fee paid but a sell on fee and a bunch of one year options? Interesting
  • Have any of you tried fb rooney at cm? Seems like he would be wasted there but im trying to fit him, ibra, rashford and Best in my past/present Man U/MLS Hybrid with everybody on chem. Proving to be difficult atm.
  • RayS
    Have any of you tried fb rooney at cm? Seems like he would be wasted there but im trying to fit him, ibra, rashford and Best in my past/present Man U/MLS Hybrid with everybody on chem. Proving to be difficult atm.

I’ve played SBC rooney as CDM (in a 4-2-3-1) before and liked him
  • Antparry92
    16925 posts World Class
    RayS wrote: »
    Have any of you tried fb rooney at cm? Seems like he would be wasted there but im trying to fit him, ibra, rashford and Best in my past/present Man U/MLS Hybrid with everybody on chem. Proving to be difficult atm.

I’ve played SBC rooney as CDM (in a 4-2-3-1) before and liked him
    I play him as a CM with Schweiny in a 3-4-1-2 and really enjoy him
  • SuperSonicSean
    Rooney plays CAM in my WL Serie A/MLS hybrid side, but he's a CM in my MLS sides. M/H with decent physical and defending stats. His shooting is wasted, but I can live with that in exchange for an improved central midfield. I run Almiron at CM too.
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    YrpCmPZ.gif
  • RayS
    EoaE? howard!!!
  • 89 rated flashback Howard!!!!!!!
  • QceCapo
    5294 posts Big Money Move
    well that's a pleasant surprise.
  • Problem is no real decent defenders to link him with. At least for weekend league level play
  • QceCapo
    I was using an untradeable Oblak on my MLS side on 5 chem....I just traded him straight up for this basically. Didn't cost a thing.

• RayS
    QceCapo wrote: »
    I was using an untradeable Oblak on my MLS side on 5 chem....I just traded him straight up for this basically. Didn't cost a thing.

a fitting trade!

thoughts on links guys? for hybrid. I htink Opara is the best shot we got. Thinking Opara + Yedlin on the right and RTTS Kimpembe + FFS Mendy on the left (I got Mid vieira who will give Kimpembe the 2nd green link he needs).
  • RayS wrote: »
    QceCapo wrote: »

a fitting trade!

thoughts on links guys? for hybrid. I htink Opara is the best shot we got. Thinking Opara + Yedlin on the right and RTTS Kimpembe + FFS Mendy on the left (I got Mid vieira who will give Kimpembe the 2nd green link he needs).

Opara with sentinel or anchor, next to a beast of a cb is probably our best bet
  • QceCapo
    IF Waston and Opara can run with the best if you ask me...especially with spam crossing all the rage again. Them big boys do work for me. Now with a 89 Howard too?
  • John Anthony brooks with anchor isn’t to bad either if you just wanna get him on 7 or 8 chem
  • QceCapo
    John Anthony brooks with anchor isn’t to bad either if you just wanna get him on 7 or 8 chem

didn't even think of that....I'm using headliner Sommer on my main squad right now....with Brooks too.
  • RayS
    Think it’ll have to be this for me. May wait till Tuesday when United beat PSG for RTTF Kimpembe price to drop more

6-B770-A19-6-C10-46-CF-996-B-98-B8-D420-BAA5.jpg
  • RayS
    Howard on Basic :o

6-B70-E61-F-DE85-4-FE4-BFAF-EC85-BB745863.jpg
  • Chubbs
    14178 posts Has That Special Something
    Love how they made it so cheap. Will be doing him and Cech.
  • RayS
    Dynamic pic update!

B5049-F29-DADD-4952-9113-EABFF24-EBBE2.png