Off-Topic / Real Football changes

Comments

• RandomLhama83
    10088 posts Has That Special Something
    so we cant talk about football anymore in the xbox section on a game forum related to football? i dont understand why the need for this change @EA_Andy .... we like talkin about football in that section... always been good conversation... Why you will not atleast reconsider? community is asking nicely here. why not use the general section as a ""fifa only"" talk and let us have the xbcc with a little freedom.
  • Hippyboy6
    16703 posts World Class
    so we cant talk about football anymore in the xbox section on a game forum related to football? i dont understand why the need for this change @EA_Andy .... we like talkin about football in that section... always been good conversation... Why you will not atleast reconsider? community is asking nicely here. why not use the general section as a ""fifa only"" talk and let us have the xbcc with a little freedom.

I asked yesterday if they he would even consider putting it back, I wouldn't advise asking the question as it won't end well.

The decision has been made to cut those threads down & have FIFA only threads, at least it shows EA is feeling the pinch of their nosedive shares. This is posted as a discussion but it has been made clear that opinions of forumers will not be taken into consideration in any way & will be completely discarded.
  • Keano
    9946 posts League Winner
    Awful decision really, not really sure what the guys that work at EA do on here anyway other than throw their banhammers around & incite change without it being asked for or wanted, killed the most popular thread in the section in a matter of one change & won't even listen to the regulars on their opinions, cause that's how a good company works... not listening to their long time consumers.

it won't change, it's been getting worse & worse for ages, got Ea staff from different games forums coming in here & managing it as if it's like that forum (or whatevers left of them) & killing anything good off...

Feel like pure ____ just want @Rob back :'(
  • Alemas_2012
    13995 posts Has That Special Something
    Keano wrote: »
    Awful decision really, not really sure what the guys that work at EA do on here anyway other than throw their banhammers around & incite change without it being asked for or wanted, killed the most popular thread in the section in a matter of one change & won't even listen to the regulars on their opinions, cause that's how a good company works... not listening to their long time consumers.

it won't change, it's been getting worse & worse for ages, got Ea staff from different games forums coming in here & managing it as if it's like that forum (or whatevers left of them) & killing anything good off...

pMO3OR95CPAV0.png
    GBgAZN2.png
    :cry:
  • RandomLhama83
    10088 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 7
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »

I asked yesterday if they he would even consider putting it back, I wouldn't advise asking the question as it won't end well.

The decision has been made to cut those threads down & have FIFA only threads, at least it shows EA is feeling the pinch of their nosedive shares. This is posted as a discussion but it has been made clear that opinions of forumers will not be taken into consideration in any way & will be completely discarded.

i thought id give it a try, andy has always been decent and underestanding from when i have talked to um... so this decision may be out of his control... il leave it at that and wont ask again.
  • Alemas_2012
    How are the mods supposed to justify the decision when their arguments of "use bookmarks" and "we aren't stopping OT talk, it's just in another place" keep getting rejected?
    It's obvious the people affected do not care.
    So now what? Continue going on as if nothing has happened, willfully ignoring the discontent?
  • Choepiechakie
    29622 posts Player of the Year

Even rob jumped ship. Maybe a coincidence? Right after he left these changes were made.
  • BiigDee
    4317 posts National Call-Up

Even rob jumped ship. Maybe a coincidence? Right after he left these changes were made.

We had a Magager in work, his name was Rob and he just quit 1 day. No1 knew why and 7 months later the company went into liquidation. Guess he knew what was coming
  • Hippyboy6
    16703 posts World Class
    BiigDee wrote: »

We had a Magager in work, his name was Rob and he just quit 1 day. No1 knew why and 7 months later the company went into liquidation. Guess he knew what was coming

So you're saying we still have hope :joy:
  • Alemas_2012
    edited February 8
    Funny to see how @EA_Andy has suddenly gone quiet on the criticism.
  • Hippyboy6
    16703 posts World Class

The numbers speak for themselves, 14,400 comments since it started at an average of 115 comments per day. Since it was moved, around 80 comments in over 2 days (a good proportion of those are complaining about it being moved)

In Xbox cc, would have around 300 comments, now less than 40. No chance of new people seeing it & joining either.

Interesting that there's duplicate threads about a real life footballer on the Xbox section but they haven't been moved to OT. I understand they are sensitive, but I thought the rules were not negotiable.
  • Antparry92
    16731 posts World Class

The numbers speak for themselves, 14,400 comments since it started at an average of 115 comments per day. Since it was moved, around 80 comments in over 2 days (a good proportion of those are complaining about it being moved)

In Xbox cc, would have around 300 comments, now less than 40. No chance of new people seeing it & joining either.

Interesting that there's duplicate threads about a real life footballer on the Xbox section but they haven't been moved to OT. I understand they are sensitive, but I thought the rules were not negotiable.

Don’t be using figures now to back up a reasonable argument....
  • Hippyboy6
    16703 posts World Class
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Don’t be using figures now to back up a reasonable argument....

I could understand it if it was just one or two people unhappy with it but it's everyone, not actually seen anyone in favour of it yet.... Not allowed to make a poll to find out. As others have said, it'll die off & they can claim it was the right decision as there was a lack of interest in it..... Yes that's what happened
  • Hippyboy6
    16703 posts World Class
    I also notice the other 2 non FUT related threads are still there, so I guess it's very selective rules
  • EA_Andy
    2544 posts EA Community Manager
    I also notice the other 2 non FUT related threads are still there, so I guess it's very selective rules

Those are very exceptional circumstances for a very sensitive subject which I'm sure you can understand. I will continue to review them and may still look at moving.
  • Hippyboy6
    16703 posts World Class
    edited February 8
    EA_Andy wrote: »

Those are very exceptional circumstances for a very sensitive subject which I'm sure you can understand. I will continue to review them and may still look at moving.

TBH that's fair enough & I shouldn't try to use those threads against you. Apologies for that, it's really wrong on my part.
  • Jensonj67
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jensonj67 wrote: »
    As @ea_andy said to complain here

Move the thread back thanks x
    Completely unnecessary change

• Ishibum
    11521 posts Has That Special Something
    I'll add my 'plus 1' to the opinion that this is a terrible idea. The OT topics never dominated the main forums and allowed for folk to actually develop stronger relationships. That is essential to growing and maintaining the community, not endless threads about pack luck or idiots posting nonsense predictions to get a rise out people. The numbers in the off topic section would add weight to the fact people just won't use it.

I remember something similar happened to an old forum I used to frequent. Within a year, the place was a ghost town with only newbies asking basic questions. The old timers ended up migrating to a Facebook group (and stayed remarkably civil given there was over 100). Not saying these forums would die (the sheer volume of people who visit - coupled with this being a first port of call for anyone new to the game - means that it's impossible ), but the whole place will just be a lot more stale. Then again, I suspect the more corporate minded within the company would quite like that ;)

• Hippyboy6
    16703 posts World Class
    The evidence is there for all to see @EA_Andy only 29 comments on a match day Saturday when both Liverpool & United played (2 of the most talked about clubs)

Please will you reconsider moving this thread back. It was clearly one of the most popular (over 14,000 comments)
  • ITSSPENO
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    The evidence is there for all to see @EA_Andy only 29 comments on a match day Saturday when both Liverpool & United played (2 of the most talked about clubs)

Please will you reconsider moving this thread back. It was clearly one of the most popular (over 14,000 comments)

Everyone's busy posting in the new fut related post on XBCC mate

No more real football talk, FUT related only please, thanks :wink:
  • Alemas_2012
    The silence truly is deafening.
    As soon as they realised that we were going to stand our ground and continue not accepting the change, they just stopped responding.
    Rather pathetic. :|
  • Sercs
    18162 posts World Class
    Shame this thread is dead now
  • Alemas_2012
    Sercs wrote: »
    Shame this thread is dead now

We shouldn't let it die.
  • Shshj
    2426 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thought I'd take a trip to discuss the game in the Xbox Football thread (which is now in the Real Football section).

There have been six posts in there today. Six - on a fairly dramatic matchday where City have just mauled us. It was previously one of the most active threads on the forum and if it were in its rightful section there would have been 50 at the bare minimum.

The mods may as well shut it down completely, at least they got what they wanted.
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    we pay we say
  • Alemas_2012
    edited February 10
    Fab wrote: »
    we pay we say

Not if you haven't bought at least £100 worth of FIFA Points and bought the most expensive version of FIFA. :smile:
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    we pay we say

Not if you haven't bought at least £100 worth of FIFA Points and bought the most expensive version of FIFA. :smile:

i got the most expensive one cos i wanted the 3 days earlier cos i hadnt played 18 but boy let me tell you did that turn out to be a waste of money
  • Alemas_2012
    we pay we say

i got the most expensive one cos i wanted the 3 days earlier cos i hadnt played 18 but boy let me tell you did that turn out to be a waste of money

Ah, but you're missing the FIFA Points.
    No pay, no say!
  • Azof
    14796 posts World Class
    So real football allowed back in xcc after enough backlash

OT when?
  • EA_Andy
    2544 posts EA Community Manager
    Heads up about some changes with this.

The Off-Topic and Real Football sections will remain. They will be grouped together though so there aren't as many sub-forums.

Off-topic will include games, sports and other into one category. Had hoped to already make this change by now but we ran into some issues. Hopefully it will be done today.

I have moved the real football thread back to XBOX CC. This will be the one and only thread for real football discussions. Anything else should be discussed in the real football discussion.

Off-Topic will remain off-limits and should be posted in the off-topic section.

The real football thread in XBOX can be mirrored in other sections. I will discuss with the mods about which ones we go there.

As lots of people pointed out FIFA and football are closely related so I think it's a fair compromise to have one real football thread in these sections for people to talk about it in a general sense. We will continue to review how this works out.

There's obviously great specific lounges available in real football as well for more specific chat.