FB Huntelaar

1
ArsleWenger
418 posts Sunday League Hero
Seems like nobody has done this sbc, but somehow I’m tempted. Has anyone on here done it and what are your thoughts on him if you’ve tested him? Appreciate it thanks!

Comments

  • ChrisHatty
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I haven’t personally but my friend has. He plays him upfront with Depay in a target man/get in behind combo. Says he is awesome in the air particularly from set pieces and has a great shot. Obviously pace isn’t the greatest but play to his strengths. Last time we spoke he said he had scored 7 goals in his first 4 games
  • dylanmaasie
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    He is amazing for me!
  • starfox1284
    2562 posts Fans' Favourite
    I did the SBC,think he is worth it for the aerial game alone. He isn't bad with the ball either just not quick.
  • ArsleWenger
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 2019
    ChrisHatty wrote: »
    I haven’t personally but my friend has. He plays him upfront with Depay in a target man/get in behind combo. Says he is awesome in the air particularly from set pieces and has a great shot. Obviously pace isn’t the greatest but play to his strengths. Last time we spoke he said he had scored 7 goals in his first 4 games


    Thanks for your reply! Yeah would use him as a lone striker in a 4-3-2-1 so his strenght and aerial treath would fit in prefect. I believe your friend ;) Thank you! Think I’ll do it since he’s not the most expensive one either
  • ArsleWenger
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    He is amazing for me!

    Fantastic to hear mate!

    I did the SBC,think he is worth it for the aerial game alone. He isn't bad with the ball either just not quick.

    Absolutely, I agree with you. What is pace going to do if you can head the ball in from the half way line ;)

  • alex1987
    5856 posts Big Money Move
    Use him in a 433(4) in an Eredivisie/Dutch team. He's great on crosses and in the box for me. Pretty strong and doesn't miss up close.
  • MayJ44
    55 posts Park Captain
    I did him to slot into my Eredivisie hybrid and he’s pretty damn good.

    As a targetman he’s absolutely fantastic and probably as good maybe better than Ibra in that regards. The 99 jumping and strength really stand him out from other forwards. His finishing is exceptional, doesn’t need many chances but has been tucking away any sniff of a chance in the box. Biggest let downs are his pace (if you can’t create chances without through balls then keep clear) and his passing is a little off.

    So far for me in 5 games he’s got 8 goals and 2 assists so for the cheap layout he’s been worthwhile so far.
  • passpassshootpost
    1286 posts Professional
    edited February 2019
    i did it because i enjoy a target man up top. But with this latest update its all about pace and counter unfortunately as everyone play PTB... huntelaar is very slow at turning & finishing is average, which is a big shame. He does have a couple of good shots in him but not as regularly as the stats say. I did him mainly because he was cheap and out of nostalgia. So for 100k laying around might as well have a go and get some packs in the meantime.
  • ArsleWenger
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    alex1987 wrote: »
    Use him in a 433(4) in an Eredivisie/Dutch team. He's great on crosses and in the box for me. Pretty strong and doesn't miss up close.

    I’m going for him!
  • ArsleWenger
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    MayJ44 wrote: »
    I did him to slot into my Eredivisie hybrid and he’s pretty damn good.

    As a targetman he’s absolutely fantastic and probably as good maybe better than Ibra in that regards. The 99 jumping and strength really stand him out from other forwards. His finishing is exceptional, doesn’t need many chances but has been tucking away any sniff of a chance in the box. Biggest let downs are his pace (if you can’t create chances without through balls then keep clear) and his passing is a little off.

    So far for me in 5 games he’s got 8 goals and 2 assists so for the cheap layout he’s been worthwhile so far.

    Wow, thank you for your in depth review. Really really appreciate you for taking your time. You and the guys above is the reason I like this forum. The helpfulsness is beyond great.

    In 20 minutes time I think I’ll have a Huntelaar in my club thanks to you
  • ArsleWenger
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    i did it because i enjoy a target man up top. But with this latest update its all about pace and counter unfortunately as everyone play PTB... huntelaar is very slow at turning & finishing is average, which is a big shame. He does have a couple of good shots in him but not as regularly as the stats say. I did him mainly because he was cheap and out of nostalgia. So for 100k laying around might as well have a go and get some packs in the meantime.

    Thank you for taking your time! I get what your saying, it’s sad really what they’ve done to this game :( I’ll go for him either way, as you say, for 100k and some packs why not. Thank you
  • i did it because i enjoy a target man up top. But with this latest update its all about pace and counter unfortunately as everyone play PTB... huntelaar is very slow at turning & finishing is average, which is a big shame. He does have a couple of good shots in him but not as regularly as the stats say. I did him mainly because he was cheap and out of nostalgia. So for 100k laying around might as well have a go and get some packs in the meantime.

    Thank you for taking your time! I get what your saying, it’s sad really what they’ve done to this game :( I’ll go for him either way, as you say, for 100k and some packs why not. Thank you

    no worries bud. hopefully you can get a better tune out of him then me :)
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6219 posts Big Money Move
    i did it because i enjoy a target man up top. But with this latest update its all about pace and counter unfortunately as everyone play PTB... huntelaar is very slow at turning & finishing is average, which is a big shame. He does have a couple of good shots in him but not as regularly as the stats say. I did him mainly because he was cheap and out of nostalgia. So for 100k laying around might as well have a go and get some packs in the meantime.

    His finishing is some of the best I’ve used on fifa. Put a hunter on him and it’s like 96 or something. But he doesn’t turn well and can’t dribble. But I think it’s a fantastic card.
  • alex1987
    5856 posts Big Money Move
    Do keep in mind to set him as targetman or something. Do not put him on get in behind because he will go tired by half-time.
    LEace the running to your wingers or partner striker. Be sure to pair him with a faster one. :)
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6219 posts Big Money Move
    alex1987 wrote: »
    Do keep in mind to set him as targetman or something. Do not put him on get in behind because he will go tired by half-time.
    LEace the running to your wingers or partner striker. Be sure to pair him with a faster one. :)

    I played with him on my friends account with get in behind. I went the full 90 with him. He was fine. And then the next game started him off on 93 stamina and played him until the 70th minute.
  • Delvinho
    2139 posts Fans' Favourite
    I was going to do him last night then Torres got released
  • Dom1878
    54 posts Park Captain
    I've got him in my 3-5-2 team, fantastic player. Scores every game, his finishing & heading over rule the fact that he can't dribble or beat a player. Get a corner and he'll be on the end of it.

    Biggest issue is that unless you can afford Icons, you can't really build a team around him thats half decent.
  • ArsleWenger
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    Thanks for the replies guys! I have him in my club now, did cost me 20k with some untradables and pack rewards
  • regia5bg
    892 posts Semi-Pro
    Seems like nobody has done this sbc, but somehow I’m tempted. Has anyone on here done it and what are your thoughts on him if you’ve tested him? Appreciate it thanks!

    The player doesn't appeal me.

    BUT... it's a 100k SBC that will give you a player worth around 50k for SBC and a prime gold players pack and a mega pack.

    If you're somehow interested, just do it, in the worst case you'll waste around 20/30k. considering you'll get some players as reward.
  • ArsleWenger
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dom1878 wrote: »
    I've got him in my 3-5-2 team, fantastic player. Scores every game, his finishing & heading over rule the fact that he can't dribble or beat a player. Get a corner and he'll be on the end of it.

    Biggest issue is that unless you can afford Icons, you can't really build a team around him thats half decent.

    Yeah I got you pal, I do have Best at RF to pair him up and thinking of getting FS Kluivert on LF if he does work for me. Going to ve a sub for a couple of games now

  • ArsleWenger
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    regia5bg wrote: »
    Seems like nobody has done this sbc, but somehow I’m tempted. Has anyone on here done it and what are your thoughts on him if you’ve tested him? Appreciate it thanks!

    The player doesn't appeal me.

    BUT... it's a 100k SBC that will give you a player worth around 50k for SBC and a prime gold players pack and a mega pack.

    If you're somehow interested, just do it, in the worst case you'll waste around 20/30k. considering you'll get some players as reward.

    Exaclty what I did mate. After all my coin balance is -20k after doing it with no massive players pulled
  • moundi13
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    2sanol0.png
    I'm Loving him. Great header/good finisher.
    11games/13goals/2assists
  • starfox1284
    2562 posts Fans' Favourite
    He is amazing for me!

    Fantastic to hear mate!

    I did the SBC,think he is worth it for the aerial game alone. He isn't bad with the ball either just not quick.

    Absolutely, I agree with you. What is pace going to do if you can head the ball in from the half way line ;)

    99 jumping, 90 heading Acc, 99 strength....yes please at striker. not to mention his shooting stats are off the charts aside from pens. He just always is in the right spot to clean up a rebound or head in the winner.
  • ArsleWenger
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    moundi13 wrote: »
    2sanol0.png
    I'm Loving him. Great header/good finisher.
    11games/13goals/2assists

    Amazing team mate! Seems really good thank you!
  • moundi13
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    moundi13 wrote: »
    2sanol0.png
    I'm Loving him. Great header/good finisher.
    11games/13goals/2assists

    Amazing team mate! Seems really good thank you!

    Thx.
  • ArsleWenger
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    He is amazing for me!

    Fantastic to hear mate!

    I did the SBC,think he is worth it for the aerial game alone. He isn't bad with the ball either just not quick.

    Absolutely, I agree with you. What is pace going to do if you can head the ball in from the half way line ;)

    99 jumping, 90 heading Acc, 99 strength....yes please at striker. not to mention his shooting stats are off the charts aside from pens. He just always is in the right spot to clean up a rebound or head in the winner.

    Exaclty! Played my first game with him, scored the winning goal in a 3-2 win in WL. A perfect target man
  • swfcfan89
    1163 posts Professional
    He's nothing special but still worth it for that perfect link to De Jong.
  • MayJ44
    55 posts Park Captain
    Dom1878 wrote: »
    I've got him in my 3-5-2 team, fantastic player. Scores every game, his finishing & heading over rule the fact that he can't dribble or beat a player. Get a corner and he'll be on the end of it.

    Biggest issue is that unless you can afford Icons, you can't really build a team around him thats half decent.

    Slight disagreement with you on that one. Got him linked with FS De Jong and HL Ziyech who by the way is criminally underrated. The three of them have been running havoc for me.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13214 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 2019
    Not the best of strikers, but very fun to play with because he's not your typical meta player and still very good. Also very cheap so good to link with FFS Frenkie if you have him.

    Just don't expect to skill or dribble with him.

    Got both former/current Ajax flashback strikers in this team :)

    77302479dd121b91054f392308e04d20.jpg
  • ArsleWenger
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not the best of strikers, but very fun to play with because he's not your typical meta player and still very good. Also very cheap so good to link with FFS Frenkie if you have him.

    Just don't expect to skill or dribble with him.

    Got both former/current Ajax flashback strikers in this team :)

    77302479dd121b91054f392308e04d20.jpg

    Fantastic team mate! Seems really good and fun

Sign In or Register to comment.