FIFA 19 Starhead Thread

Comments

• Why cant guys like my boy nile ranger who has a face..just sit in the free agent pool if they dont have a club? he looks unreal with the braids and tats plus hes still under 30 and a dream 6 foot 2 in height?? faces are difficult to get in game, so why not have this option? seems logical to me thanks @EA_Andy

I agree, I dislike how players just vanish off the game when they could be put into the 'free agents' section.

Quite a few players with star heads have had this happen recently. Such as Adil Nabi, Jack Barmby, Rolando Aarons has returned but he was not in the game until January.
  • Why cant guys like my boy nile ranger who has a face..just sit in the free agent pool if they dont have a club? he looks unreal with the braids and tats plus hes still under 30 and a dream 6 foot 2 in height?? faces are difficult to get in game, so why not have this option? seems logical to me thanks @EA_Andy

I agree, I dislike how players just vanish off the game when they could be put into the 'free agents' section.

Quite a few players with star heads have had this happen recently. Such as Adil Nabi, Jack Barmby, Rolando Aarons has returned but he was not in the game until January.

Unfortunately the FIFAPRO license only covers players who are signed to contracts with clubs, not free agents. EA can't include those guys in a game. Too bad their create a player feature is so miserable.
  • efcrmcf
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    + MUNTARI AND OBERTAN IN THE UPDATE.
    efcrmcf wrote: »
    This is insane. This is the season where we´ve lost more existing faces for no reason, by far!
    EA Need to fix that for next FIFAs. @EA_Andy @EA_Cian

CIRCULO BRUJAS - BRUNO, GIANNI
    SIVASSPOR - ROBINHO
    ROYAL AMBERES - MBOKANI, DIEUMERCI
    LUTON TOWN - LUALUA, KAZENGA
    FREE AGENT - GABER, OMAR
    EXTREMADURA - CAPEL, DIEGO
    FREE AGENT - DZSUDZSÁK, BALÁZS
    FLEETWOOD - TAYLOR, RYAN
    COVENTRY - ALLASSANI, REISE
    BOLTON - IRELAND, STEPHEN
    BENEVENTO - NOCERINO, ANTONIO
    BASEL - ZAMBRANO, CARLOS
    FREE AGENT - RODRÍGUEZ, CRISTIAN
    KOVENHAVN - VARELA, GUILLERMO
    PETERBOROUGH - BASSONG, SEBASTIEN
    FREE AGENT - PAREDES, JUAN CARLOS
    CHICAGO FIRE - MOVSISYAN, YURA
    BRADFORD - HENRY, KARL
    HIBERNIAN - MAVRIAS, CHARIS
    WATERFORD - ELBOUZEDI, ZACHARY
    MANSFIELD - KEAN, JAKE
    GETAFE - FLAMINI, MATHIEU
    WEST HAM - NASRI, SAMIR
    MEDIPOL BASAKSEHIR - TASCI, SERDAR
    MAGDEBURG - KIRCHHOFF, JAN
    VISSEL KOBE - WESCLEY
    SANDHAUSEN - DIEKMEIER, DENNIS
    IPSWICH - COLLINS, JAMES
    NEWELLS - RODRÍGUEZ, MAXI
    EXTREMADURA - REYES, JOSÉ
    SOUCHOUX - SISSOKO, MOHAMED
    BORO - OBI MIKEL, JOHN
    NUREMBERG - ILICEVIC, IVO

• tommy_p_5
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    + MUNTARI AND OBERTAN IN THE UPDATE.
    This is insane. This is the season where we´ve lost more existing faces for no reason, by far!
    EA Need to fix that for next FIFAs. @EA_Andy @EA_Cian

CIRCULO BRUJAS - BRUNO, GIANNI
    SIVASSPOR - ROBINHO
    ROYAL AMBERES - MBOKANI, DIEUMERCI
    LUTON TOWN - LUALUA, KAZENGA
    FREE AGENT - GABER, OMAR
    EXTREMADURA - CAPEL, DIEGO
    FREE AGENT - DZSUDZSÁK, BALÁZS
    FLEETWOOD - TAYLOR, RYAN
    COVENTRY - ALLASSANI, REISE
    BOLTON - IRELAND, STEPHEN
    BENEVENTO - NOCERINO, ANTONIO
    BASEL - ZAMBRANO, CARLOS
    FREE AGENT - RODRÍGUEZ, CRISTIAN
    KOVENHAVN - VARELA, GUILLERMO
    PETERBOROUGH - BASSONG, SEBASTIEN
    FREE AGENT - PAREDES, JUAN CARLOS
    CHICAGO FIRE - MOVSISYAN, YURA
    BRADFORD - HENRY, KARL
    HIBERNIAN - MAVRIAS, CHARIS
    WATERFORD - ELBOUZEDI, ZACHARY
    MANSFIELD - KEAN, JAKE
    GETAFE - FLAMINI, MATHIEU
    WEST HAM - NASRI, SAMIR
    MEDIPOL BASAKSEHIR - TASCI, SERDAR
    MAGDEBURG - KIRCHHOFF, JAN
    VISSEL KOBE - WESCLEY
    SANDHAUSEN - DIEKMEIER, DENNIS
    IPSWICH - COLLINS, JAMES
    NEWELLS - RODRÍGUEZ, MAXI
    EXTREMADURA - REYES, JOSÉ
    SOUCHOUX - SISSOKO, MOHAMED
    BORO - OBI MIKEL, JOHN
    NUREMBERG - ILICEVIC, IVO

Came to say the same thing. PES adding yet another facepack...Fifa again getting rid of more scans and custom faces... sweet.

Is there a reason this keeps happening? Will they be re-added like some of the others in November? Will anyone at EA actually acknowledge this issue (or this thread)?
    @EA_Andy @EA_GZaro @EACoreySA
  • Disgruntledas
    330 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have pes on my juiced up pc and I’d say the graphics are fantastic, yeah aesthetically they’re different to fifa but as far as quality goes they punch above their weight massively with what they’re given licensing wise
  • Verdi42
    67 posts Park Captain
    Allright, @EA_Andy, could you please shed some light on Sancho getting a bald white face on the previous squad update and having it removed again in the next one? I know you'll probably say EA isn't able to comment on that right now, but please remember we are paying customers and we have a right to know what's happening. Even the worst case scenario (for instance: somebody just accidentally changed his star face status from no to yes, it wasn't supposed to happen and no more faces are coming for FIFA19) is better than silence. Be a bit more transparrant as a company. You'll get less hate with bad news than with no news at all.
  • Verdi42 wrote: »
    Allright, @EA_Andy, could you please shed some light on Sancho getting a bald white face on the previous squad update and having it removed again in the next one? I know you'll probably say EA isn't able to comment on that right now, but please remember we are paying customers and we have a right to know what's happening. Even the worst case scenario (for instance: somebody just accidentally changed his star face status from no to yes, it wasn't supposed to happen and no more faces are coming for FIFA19) is better than silence. Be a bit more transparrant as a company. You'll get less hate with bad news than with no news at all.

You might aswell turn towards your brick wall and ask that instead mate..
  • ElusiveJake
    Verdi42 wrote: »

You'd get about as much clarity as a stained glass window from EA Andy aka mr pass the buck
  • Verdi42
    67 posts Park Captain
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »

Only when that didn't work I posted here.

In al seriousness, @EA_Andy, this would be a great moment to get rid of your reputation that you clearly have, looking at the posts above this one.
  • DSpratt
    22 posts Ball Boy

In al seriousness, @EA_Andy, this would be a great moment to get rid of your reputation that you clearly have, looking at the posts above this one.

Tbh I don’t think we actually care what went wrong or who messed up or how, I think everyone just wants to know if he is being scanned this fifa or not, that way people know whether to keep playing their current career mode or whether they are gonna have to start a new one when sancho is released, for those of us who are very strict on using starhead only players sancho being scanned is a big deal!

So @EA_Andy if you are able to find out, or whether you already know, would you mind telling us whether sancho will be released on fifa 19 or not?
  • EA_Andy
    2544 posts EA Community Manager
    DSpratt wrote: »

Tbh I don’t think we actually care what went wrong or who messed up or how, I think everyone just wants to know if he is being scanned this fifa or not, that way people know whether to keep playing their current career mode or whether they are gonna have to start a new one when sancho is released, for those of us who are very strict on using starhead only players sancho being scanned is a big deal!

So @EA_Andy if you are able to find out, or whether you already know, would you mind telling us whether sancho will be released on fifa 19 or not?

Said this a good few times. This is unlikely to be something I will ever be able to answer in advance, at least for now. If there are any more updates we'll let you know as soon as we can.
  • Verdi42
    67 posts Park Captain
    edited February 8
    That's just dissapointing, Andy. I really don't understand why you guys can't or won't comment on those things. This comment of yours is really worse than "Sanco's face was a mistake, it's not coming for FIFA19".
  • Verdi42 wrote: »
    That's just dissapointing, Andy. I really don't understand why you guys can't or won't comment on those things. This comment of yours is really worse than "Sanco's face was a mistake, it's not coming for FIFA19".

The communication from EA is and has always been pathetic, probably the worst in gaming when it comes to customer communication, unless it's about FUT of course
  • ElusiveJake
    EA_Andy wrote: »

Said this a good few times. This is unlikely to be something I will ever be able to answer in advance, at least for now. If there are any more updates we'll let you know as soon as we can.

In other words I don't know or care and i'm too lazy and bone idle to find out.

Utter joke.
  • EA_Andy

Utter joke.

If that's how you want to take it then that's really up to you.

I'm just explaining the situation that is we will very likely not be able to give this info ahead of time for now.

There's lots of factors that go into releasing new Starheads, sometimes things get pushed back, cancelled. If we release dates then have to cancel or push back the release then there would be frustration around that too.
  • Alemas_2012
    13997 posts Has That Special Something

Utter joke.

I'm just explaining the situation that is we will very likely not be able to give this info ahead of time for now.

There's lots of factors that go into releasing new Starheads, sometimes things get pushed back, cancelled. If we release dates then have to cancel or push back the release then there would be frustration around that too.

Give a release date with a percentage of probability it's going to be released on that date.
    We'll take anything at this rate.
    Or we'll simply get more irate, having to deal with an endless wait.
    That's my advice, mate.
  • Moose Factory
    3311 posts National Call-Up

Utter joke.

giphy.gif

Sancho face watch 2019!!! ... September 2019.
  • EA_Andy
    edited February 8

Utter joke.

Give a release date with a percentage of probability it's going to be released on that date.
    We'll take anything at this rate.
    Or we'll simply get more irate, having to deal with an endless wait.
    That's my advice, mate.

Percentage would be ultimately meaningless as the factors can change quickly. Also doesn't stop the frustration if it doesn't come through no matter what number we give.

At the moment there is no info I can share.
  • mcelco
    92 posts Park Captain
    it scares me how EA works, Konami has few licenses, more bursts in the aspect of faces, the great young players have face in konami, in EA we only get face packages when a new version comes out. I simply got discouraged from playing
  • DSpratt
    22 posts Ball Boy

Okay well thanks anyway @EA_Andy I guess we will just have to wait and see! I for one will be acting like it’s not coming then it’ll be a surprise if it does!
  • Renatos
    57 posts Park Captain
    Well they removed from Sofifa his real face, which means he is not getting one, or maybe like kimpembe i remember changing him into that bold guy and after returning him again generic, than again they gave him starhead , let’s hope along with sancho they will give us some more young prospecting players like Vinicius Junior
  • Jeyj38
    808 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 9
    @EA_Andy
    What can you tell us? Im sure there are info you can give but dont tell because youre not asked.

Can we know which clubs have been visited for fifa 19 for scanning? The list of players who took part? (even if they havent been updated in game). I have in mind that Chelsea video where we can see Hazard, Pedro, Kante etc but none have been updated. I also cant understand why Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Draxler havent been updated? Why Rabiot and Meunier are customs...

Can we know how lists for scans are made? Are choices made? Picking up this player over that player? Who is responsible for it.

Well any info about the scanning work would be very interesting anyway.

The usual Aguero Lukaku De Gea faces are a real mystery for us all fan of the franchise. Can you confirm there are scans for them that are still waiting to be processed?

Also hope EA is considering giving some love to Ligue 1 and Serie A real quick. Im a Lyon fan, EA can release as much Future Stars promo as they want, I dont care as long as they have no face. Would love to use Aouar, Mendy and Ndombele, but they look like mannequins...
    Realy considering not buying the game next year because my club is ignored. Got better treatment back in the days (something like fifa 14 maybe lol).

One more question, why has Barcelona been left out in this so called "LaLiga scan"? Is it a rights issue with PES? Would that issue be gone for Fifa 20? Whole team and Messi badly need those high quality scans...
    Post edited by Jeyj38 on
  • ElusiveJake
    edited February 8

Utter joke.

Cheers, sons crying.

Aguero, Lukaku, De Gea just pass it onto the team and get it done.
  • Steven Caulker is back in the game with Alanyaspor and he still has his starhead..

Kyle Scott is back in for Chelsea and he has lost his starhead.
  • OptimusFawkes
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 9
    The only shred of hope I had with Sancho's starhead was that sofifa still had him with a starhead. Now that thats gone, i guess its pretty conclusive, he's not coming. Someone messed up at EA, and they've just fixed it.

haha that was fun, wasn't it? For a few days I was super excited I could play with Sancho in FIFA 19. FIFA 20 then.
  • Jeyj38
    808 posts Semi-Pro
    The only shred of hope I had with Sancho's starhead was that sofifa still had him with a starhead. Now that thats gone, i guess its pretty conclusive, he's not coming. Someone messed up at EA, and they've just fixed it.

haha that was fun, wasn't it? For a few days I was super excited I could play with Sancho in FIFA 19. FIFA 20 then.

How can you be sure? Maybe theyve "scanned Bundesliga" except Dortmund, just like Barcelona in LaLiga.
  • Is it the case that if a player had a real face in a previous edition of FIFA but was not featured in 19 at launch then a patch would be required to add their real face back in if they return to the game?

@EA_Andy
  • Not asking for a real face but is there a chance Joao Felix in SL Benifica get a thumbnail picture at least?...instead of a blank picture

He's in top 4 of players age 18 or under with the highest potential.
    (de Ligt, Vinicius Junior, Jadon Sancho and Joao Felix)

@EA_Andy
  • Howler19
    338 posts Sunday League Hero

It could be a mistake of course, but Sancho is probably coming. This is exactly what happened with the new faces in November. They appeared as Mr. Bald in an update which was reversed a day later, then the same faces appeared correctly in another update about a week later.
  • OptimusFawkes
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 10
    Howler19 wrote: »

It could be a mistake of course, but Sancho is probably coming. This is exactly what happened with the new faces in November. They appeared as Mr. Bald in an update which was reversed a day later, then the same faces appeared correctly in another update about a week later.

Except Kimpembe and all those guys had a real face option on sofifa even after they fixed the bald guy back to his generic. Sancho had one on sofifa, now its taken out.

And it was November, so their annual November update probably covered that. For this one, its just Sancho. Very, very weird. Literally no one else had their face updated. I don't remember if they had a February update last year?. So imo I think this one was a mistake.

But I hope I'm dead wrong. I've been championing to get a Sancho face since the summer, him Nelson, and Ndombele are probably at the top of my list of players I want scanned