The J-A-C-K Lounge (J-League, A-League, CSL, K-League)

Comments

• hellodee
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    Japan must be guttted.
  • Ryno
    6086 posts Big Money Move
    Ryno wrote: »

Xavi guessed the whole tournament apart from one game. Crazy
  • Turner12
    791 posts Semi-Pro

nah lebanon on a technicality being highest 3rd placer
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20006 posts Club Captain

Rigged
  • Tesco
    6524 posts Big Money Move
    Qatar on the roids
  • Ryno

Rigged

Wouldn't put that out of the question since its Qatar, but they still steamrolled everyone they played. Rigged or not, fair play lol
  • hellodee
    Looking at the highlight. Yoshida had a real bad game. All 2 goals on his guy, 1 penalty conceded, and 1 missed header.
  • Ryno
    hellodee wrote: »
    Looking at the highlight. Yoshida had a real bad game. All 2 goals on his guy, 1 penalty conceded, and 1 missed header.

Gonda wasn't very good in goal as well. First goal, while incredible skill, could have been saved. Second goal a bit suspect as well
  • hellodee
    hellodee wrote: »

Gonda wasn't very good in goal as well. First goal, while incredible skill, could have been saved. Second goal a bit suspect as well

Yeah it's like that in Fut.
  • hellodee
    Kagaw inform?
  • nakamuramartin
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gutted Japan lost. Despite some iffy refereeing, they didn't deserve it on play. Nakajima was a huge miss, he creates havoc with his runs and shots. Minamino has incredible control but needs to finish better. Osako, there is currently no substitute.

Ali was immense. When I saw him score in the semis I knew Yoshida wouldn't be able to cope. He's just too fast and powerful.

Annoyed Osako didn't get a MOTM for the semi. Or they didn't do a mini player of the tournament.
  • Ryno

Nakajima to Qatar on loan.... Not a good look for someone as talented as him
  • Zzizou_10
    5148 posts Big Money Move
    It’s a permanent deal, is it?
  • Ryno
    Zzizou_10 wrote: »
    It’s a permanent deal, is it?

I read it was a loan somewhere, at least I hope it is
  • RayS
    25327 posts Player of the Year
    ugh, c'mon Nakajima. I know u gotta get paid... but surely he's got to consider the future of his career, and hte potential to make it big time in the big leagues. Definitely a step backwards.
  • hellodee
    maybe he found a long distance relationship over at Qatar
  • Ryno
    edited February 4
    Apparently the deal is a permanent one and the Qatari club paid €35million ($40m) for him. Im pretty disappointed Nakajima accepted, but seems like the Qatari league is becoming what the CSL is, so it isn't the end of the world for him.

This also makes Nakajima the most expensive Japanese player of all time. Breaking Hidetoshi Nakata's $29 million fee to Parma in 2001
  • hellodee
    Apparently the deal is a permanent one and the Qatari club paid €35million ($40m) for him. Im pretty disappointed Nakajima accepted, but seems like the Qatari league is becoming what the CSL is, so it isn't the end of the world for him.

This also makes Nakajima the most expensive Japanese player of all time. Breaking Hidetoshi Nakata's $29 million fee to Parma in 2001

Wow that nakata fee is massive. Thats almost 20yrs ago.
  • Zzizou_10
    5148 posts Big Money Move
    Hope he joins PSG somehow next season, don’t care if this transfer will be seen with a bitter note. Just want to watch him play in Europe
  • RayS
    Happy Lunar New Year!! 🧧
  • nakamuramartin
    It did initially look like Nakajima would go on loan for PSG but he has now said although playing in UCL would be nice, happiness of his family are more important to him.

I've no issues with players going to these leagues, but this seems like a high missed opportunity.
  • Ryno
    It did initially look like Nakajima would go on loan for PSG but he has now said although playing in UCL would be nice, happiness of his family are more important to him.

I've no issues with players going to these leagues, but this seems like a high missed opportunity.

At least the kid has a moral ground that he firmly stands by. Fair play if that is his true intention
  • nakamuramartin

At least the kid has a moral ground that he firmly stands by. Fair play if that is his true intention

I'm pretty sure he could forge plenty of happiness in pretty much any European city, and even on a small wage of about £50k a week.
  • Ryno

I'm pretty sure he could forge plenty of happiness in pretty much any European city, and even on a small wage of about £50k a week.

Well we aren't part of the Nakajima family, so I guess we will never know what factors went into that decision.

Regardless, it's disappointing that he didn't go to Europe. However, I can understand taking the money while he can. Call it greed, call it taking advantage of the opportunity, call it whatever, but it is an understandable option
  • hellodee
    How much salary upgrade are we talking about?
  • RayS
    Kagawa IF!!
  • hellodee
    Awesome
  • nakamuramartin
    8 minutes work and gets IF!