Making KDB stay forward and Matuidi stay back

542 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited February 2019
So as the title says, it's impossible to make KDB play as CAM and to make Matuidi stay back. With Marcelo I get it and I'm used to it already from real life, but cmon I can't be having Matuidi getting in behind every time I'm countering.......

What should I do?

Comments

• MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    Pray you don’t get countered
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Pray you don’t get countered

What prayer is the most effective?
  • Rookie_Gold1
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    For me Matuidi just won't stay back. If only he was Med/High
    For me Matuidi just won't stay back. If only he was Med/High

Same, he plays like he's my ST, always in the box. Kinda like Semedo yesterday.
  • mdizzl3
    12427 posts Has That Special Something
    What formation?
  • jonkero
    7221 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2019
    Just play drop back and your whole squad will stay back 😉

I'm doing that and have no issues with Matuidi and Naingollan at CDM
  • mdizzl3
    12427 posts Has That Special Something
    @1337 if you are using 41212 or a variation of it id recommend using 442 instead with kdb set to stay forward and matuidi to stay back. The instructions seem to work better with 442 for some reason
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    What formation?

4321, I'll try 442, thanks
    jonkero wrote: »
    Just play drop back and your whole squad will stay back 😉

I'm doing that and have no issues with Matuidi and Naingollan at CDM

I'll try that even if I don't like drop back, ty.
  • ShadowofEnigma
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Think its because of their work rates.
    Matuidi has High/High, so he goes further than he should.

The problem you have De Bruyne, I also have with Ronaldo. I've played him as CAM, tactics to stay forward, get in behind, and he just sits wayyy back towards my CDM / CBs. Drives me insane. Still haven't been able to fix it. I can't use him as ST and keep the time I have without losing chem.
  • BrettO
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    funny you should mention Matuidi as i have banned him from my staring lineup.i packed his blue at the start of fifa,but he annoys me because he gets into attcking areas in very important times and usually fluffs the strike.Occansionally he bangs one in from yards but ive had it with him.
  • mway
    2179 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have FUTMAS Matuidi and believe me there is no way to make him stay back. He just goes around on shopping I guess. When the counterattack comes I can hear Varane shouting "Hey! Where is Blaise?". But that time Sergio Ramos is looking where is Dani Alves too. So with the defense disbanded Sergio decides to knock out the defender with a precise uppercut. Fortunately, the referee usually does not even book him. After many talks, with Sergio, we decided to let Matuidi go on shopping and bring Casemiro. :p