Off-Topic / Real Football changes

Comments

• Hippyboy6
    16859 posts World Class
    edited February 6
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    F#*king absolute state on this! Shifted the poll because the outcome wouldn’t fit their ideas and agenda :joy:

Completely deleted it, not even moved. Thought it might get moved to the OT cemetery but not even allowed that :neutral:

Edit: @EA_Andy just for future reference (if I last long enough) where would be the correct place to post polls about the Xbox section?
  • Knowlesdinho
    9910 posts Has That Special Something
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    F#*king absolute state on this! Shifted the poll because the outcome wouldn’t fit their ideas and agenda :joy:

Completely deleted it, not even moved. Thought it might get moved to the OT cemetery but not even allowed that :neutral:

Edit: @EA_Andy just for future reference (if I last long enough) where would be the correct place to post polls about the Xbox section?

Chinese social media mate.
  • Hippyboy6
    16859 posts World Class
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »

Chinese social media mate.

Is that where the real football thread is now? :joy:
  • Hippyboy6
    16859 posts World Class
    I won't be discussing this any further.
  • Choepiechakie
    30889 posts National Team Captain
    Should have named it IF watching thread

@jenksiesomething
  • Hippyboy6
    16859 posts World Class
    Azof wrote: »
    please no banerino anderino

2szuzr.jpg

Doesn't matter what the forumers think or want.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    2001 posts Fans' Favourite
    Really not a fan of this unnecessary change guys.
  • Jensonj67
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 6
    As @ea_andy said to complain here

Move the thread back thanks x
    Completely unnecessary change
  • RandomLhama83
    10090 posts Has That Special Something
    i dont think its that bad of a change, however, @EA_Andy this thread specifically is a sports thread where we talk about football so should it not be in the sports section and not offtopic? i didnt see the need for the change but i guess we are not given an input here so its w.e....
  • Alemas_2012
    14556 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 6
    When will the mods learn that bookmarks won't make us like the change?
    It's useless banging on about that feature when we still won't like it.
    We don't want walkarounds, we just want things as they were before.
    Is that so hard to understand?
  • Sercs
    18475 posts World Class
    edited February 6
    Lads is the game not on Sky or bt?
  • RandomLhama83
    10090 posts Has That Special Something
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    @Knowlesdinho - Agree that multiple threads on the same topic aren't great. Try to lock and re-direct where possible but you can appreciate just how busy the forums get.

Someone creating a thread where there is already a discussion is something we'd like to try and avoid but it's inevitable with such a busy forum.

If you do notice any threads that are breaking other rules though feel free to flag them.

I’ve asked before, why not poll the forum and ask us what we want?

its simple bro, for any ea game its the same way, what they say goes and thats the final say. I cant say much more without probably gettin banned. but ya you get the point.
  • BiigDee
    4328 posts National Call-Up
    Amen
  • TomOTW
    651 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Three weeks down the line and the best explanation we have is basically we wanted to do it and couldn’t give a **** what you lot think 🤔 as a long time lurker and now an actual member this place has simply gone down hill, the changes are for the newer users... yet how many ball boys stick around once they’ve been told we can’t help them get their stuff they’ve submitted into an SBC back or unban their transfer markets (well most of them, but that’s a different argument) since the hail @EA guys have been appointed it’s slowly gotten worse and worse, you literally came in out of nowhere, after we’d been casually looking after ourselves with the regular mods after the last ‘community manager’ vanished into thin air, slapped a ban hammer across a load of the old-timers(most of whom are still here but just don’t post as much anymore, so well done on that front) then proceed to move things around because ‘we wanted to make this change’

Servers are ****
    Content team can’t tell their arse from their elbow
    Now the forums are being driven further into the ground.

I hope they’ve a decent redundancy package @EA because **** the consumer off more than it already is is not going to increase those shares prices which means heads will eventually roll.

TL;dr
    Why bother, games dead
  • ITSSPENO
    1943 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ban hammers been coming down strong on people who disagree, no surprise there :wink:

Guess it's time to accept the "community" aspect of this forum isn't part of EA's plans and we may aswell accept it's done.

Forums will just be for gameplay questions only, bit like the lifeless UFC forum I think Andy used to manage??
  • Jensonj67
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jensonj67 wrote: »
    As @ea_andy said to complain here

Move the thread back thanks x
    Completely unnecessary change

• Shshj
    3531 posts National Call-Up

Bookmarking is only relevant for us existing users anyway, how are newcomers supposed to get involved in these discussions? I said yesterday that I stumbled across the RF thread in the Xbox section and kept coming back because it's pretty much the only place on the forums to discuss football (that isn't club/league specific).

We all know full well that Real Football and Off-Topic sections don't receive anywhere near as much traffic as the three main sections. Moving all these threads to this dog's arse of the forum just means people won't find us and all the threads will slowly die off - it seems like that's what EA wants to happen anyway.

They may as well merge General Discussion and the Xbox, PS4 & PC sections all into one. They're all a mirror image of each other now anyway.

@EA_Andy, regardless of whether this is a change that's come from you or your superiors; you have successfully managed to **** off almost every long-term member in some way or another, most of which have already left since you and your bunch of @EA_ cronies turned up. Now you're killing off some of the busiest (and best) threads on the forum. You're not taking on board the community's suggestions to change things back to the way they were, instead you're just recycling the same rhetorical **** because if you're being honest, you don't give a flying **** what any of us think.

No offence mate, but from where I'm standing you're doing a pretty poor job of being a "community manager" and deserve all the flak that has and will continue to come your way.
  • Azof
    15674 posts World Class
    @EA_Andy i see the sticky is gone in xcc, by any chance does that mean the awful change has gone with it
  • EA_Andy
    2946 posts EA Community Manager
    @EA_Andy i see the sticky is gone in xcc, by any chance does that mean the awful change has gone with it

Nope. Um4r is working on a different sticky for there.
  • Azof
    15674 posts World Class
    EA_Andy wrote: »

Nope. Um4r is working on a different sticky for there.

Feelsbadman.jpg
  • UM4R
    3757 posts Moderator

@Azof the change is staying, i removed the sticky as it's been enough time for all to read and also the XBox CC rules sticky is covers it. The sticky was just used as an announcement for the section, as a lot of people don't venture out and the forum wide announcement doesn't work well on mobiles (well for me anyway).

Moving of the threads doesn't necessarily mean they have to die, bookmarking a thread is a good solution and i will throw up a sticky with links to all the main xbox cc ot threads plus a few others as well. hopefully making the finding a thread issue easier for you guys .

• Antparry92
    17247 posts World Class
    UM4R wrote: »

@Azof the change is staying, i removed the sticky as it's been enough time for all to read and also the XBox CC rules sticky is covers it. The sticky was just used as an announcement for the section, as a lot of people don't venture out and the forum wide announcement doesn't work well on mobiles (well for me anyway).

Moving of the threads doesn't necessarily mean they have to die, bookmarking a thread is a good solution and i will throw up a sticky with links to all the main xbox cc ot threads plus a few others as well. hopefully making the finding a thread issue easier for you guys .

Yeh the footy thread hasn’t been quiet at all....and we’ve had loads of new faces in there to mingle as well....
  • Alemas_2012

• Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    we need to stage a coup
  • Azof
    15674 posts World Class
    No point trying anymore @Alemas_2012 seems they have been told to do this from above and just have to keep justifying why its a goos change to us
  • Antparry92
    17247 posts World Class
    No point trying anymore @Alemas_2012 seems they have been told to do this from above and just have to keep justifying why its a goos change to us
    Jack being a prime example of that :joy:
  • Hippyboy6
    16859 posts World Class

Yeh the footy thread hasn’t been quiet at all....and we’ve had loads of new faces in there to mingle as well....

That thread has pretty much died already. Last night Liverpool finally dropped from the top of the table, a good FA cup replay, Real Madrid V Barcelona & a double red card game in Scotland...... Great night of football & hardly any posts on the thread. Normally would be a 250+ comments night.

They knew what they were doing when they moved it, it was never going to survive & if they were in any doubt, it was certainly made clear in this thread.

I can't bring myself to type discussion that's in the original OP as that would imply that you listen to both sides to reach an agreement, this is nothing more than a statement...... May as well just close all the non FIFA threads & be done with it. It's the end goal anyway.
  • Alemas_2012
    I already see OT being removed entirely in a few months, citing "decreased usage"...
  • Hippyboy6
    16859 posts World Class
    I already see OT being removed entirely in a few months, citing "decreased usage"...

Wouldn't surprise me at all, I just can't see the logic behind removing one of the most popular threads, it's discussing football on a football game forum...... Not rocket science that the 2 are linked