Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

  • Iconman36
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    King Kong is kondogbia and yoda I assume is Ben yeder lol

    And he referred to their Europa league cards!
  • Iconman36
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    Jackets20 wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on UCL Live cards, they having been rising a lot. How high can they go? Will they drop again after the first leg since there will be 2-3 weeks till the next games.

    I have Fabinho, Telles and Kimpembe. All are in my team so not really investments. But they went really high then crashed after the round ended ladt time might as well cash in if it will happen again.

    In my own opinion, not a good investment for 2 reasons.

    One, as you observed nicely, is that the majority of cards have risen around 5-10% in the past 2-3 weeks. This has happened in a time we've seen the Future Stars and several IF cards start to surpass these guys - people aren't necessarily using these players (Telles and Florenzi are examples of exceptions though) - people are investing with upgrades to come in 2 weeks and 5 weeks respectively, so the boat's probably sailed and now is high risk territory.

    Secondly, further to the above point, Lunar promo is coming in a few days and we'd expect to see half-priced packs with coins. Plenty of people will be selling up their investments (perhaps their UCL Live cards) to crack open some packs on the cheap. After/before that we have upgrades and OTW on the way, with those repeatable SBCs and the potential of getting CR7 who knows what people will be willing to sell up.

    If you do invest, tread with caution and make sure you choose the clubs who are a very high chance of a first leg win. IMO it's a pretty risky time to invest in anything other than old informs, but good luck with your choices

    Thank you for your analysis, it’s very thorough and helpful!

    Cheers bro!
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6333 posts Big Money Move
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    Jackets20 wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on UCL Live cards, they having been rising a lot. How high can they go? Will they drop again after the first leg since there will be 2-3 weeks till the next games.

    I have Fabinho, Telles and Kimpembe. All are in my team so not really investments. But they went really high then crashed after the round ended ladt time might as well cash in if it will happen again.

    In my own opinion, not a good investment for 2 reasons.

    One, as you observed nicely, is that the majority of cards have risen around 5-10% in the past 2-3 weeks. This has happened in a time we've seen the Future Stars and several IF cards start to surpass these guys - people aren't necessarily using these players (Telles and Florenzi are examples of exceptions though) - people are investing with upgrades to come in 2 weeks and 5 weeks respectively, so the boat's probably sailed and now is high risk territory.

    Secondly, further to the above point, Lunar promo is coming in a few days and we'd expect to see half-priced packs with coins. Plenty of people will be selling up their investments (perhaps their UCL Live cards) to crack open some packs on the cheap. After/before that we have upgrades and OTW on the way, with those repeatable SBCs and the potential of getting CR7 who knows what people will be willing to sell up.

    If you do invest, tread with caution and make sure you choose the clubs who are a very high chance of a first leg win. IMO it's a pretty risky time to invest in anything other than old informs, but good luck with your choices

    Tbh i'm not sure they will do Lunar New Year this year as it would overrun into Winter OTW, providing that Winter OTW starts tomorrow which is most people's assumptions considering today is the final day of the transfer window but i guess they could just start OTW next week instead?
  • Wz000
    187 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This it’s lunar new year tomorrow the card design on the log in screen is not the OTW one looks more like colors associated with Chinese New Year( yellow and orange)
  • Iconman36
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    No otw tomorrow?
    Next week?
    Maybe we won’t get it all?
  • Iconman36
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 31
    No one actually think that we will get motm related promo as the color of the newly designed card is mainly orange with some purple in it?

    I’ve picked up 50 discard motm cards just in case.....
  • michael15172211
    477 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    so silver players like Vallecano, Valldolid, Huesca should be decent investments?

    Too expensive for my liking at the moment. Too many people have seen the leaks, for example the Vallecano defenders who were once under 1k are already at 3k without the SBC even being released. So much undercutting will happen when the SBC drops that I'd expect prices to fall for most of those silvers.

    The safest way of doing things is just to pick up all the golds for now, and then pinpoint specific common golds that will be required and buy even more of them - we saw Neves, Vorm, Romero, Burnley defenders all hit 3-9k when the PL dropped last week.

    Munir from Barca has just transferred away and there's no cheap alternative ST other than a silver, even at 1.8k I think he's a solid chance to rise massively - with Jordi Alba being the only gold LB and Coutinho the only gold LW, if EA select a 4 back formation (presumably 433) you'll need to use a ST to get the 95 chem if you don't want to pay 40k for a player.

    On a similar note specific silvers/bronzes could pay off if EA go for low squad requirements for the big clubs, similar to the Man City situation where their silver/bronze midfielders and attackers went extinct. Reguilon is one of only 2 Real LBs, Miranda the same as him but for Barca, Abel Ruiz is an alternative Barca ST as well - even if these guys aren't required, people are lazy and may well use them to save elsewhere in the squad. These guys for example are already 3-4k, but could be worth a risk depending on EA's formation choices

    Went in with some valledoid silvers but they barely went up in price but really appreciate the advice man

    All good my man, all I can do is speculate. As I suspected might happen, the majority of the Huesca/Valldolid/Rayo silvers haven't risen at all, some have dropped but don't panic. Cardiff was a similar situation in the PL SBC, they barely rose on release but over the past 2 weeks plenty have gone up to near extinct at 10k. With those 3 clubs in La Liga you genuinely have to use 5-7 silvers/bronzes so over time, I actually believe they'll gradually rise. Hold them if you can.

    L.Hernandez and Lemar were absolute moneymakers in the end, EA's formation and rating choice means you actually need both to save yourself using the 85s. For any of you who checked the guide a while back, hopefully you stocked up on plenty of these guys.

    For now, apologies on the Munir advice, he's actually gone down since yesterday if anyone followed my advice - but again, hold onto him! I'm very confident he will rise in time once this initial mass dumping stops. To save yourself using Coutinho/Alba (both roughly 30-40k), you genuinely have to use one of Munir, Ruiz (silver), Miranda (silver LB) or the 2 silver CM/CDMs. We've seen what happened with Man City where the silvers essentially ran out over time. He mightn't hit 10k but I still believe he'll rise to at least 3-5k in the coming weeks

    with a new promo around the corner u think it's worth it to sell the IFs i have before they start to drop again like Juanfruan and Caliguri etc
  • KRANG00
    1712 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 1
    OTW’s crashing, hope some of you took the warning about picking these up at 30k.


    If you still have them I wouldn’t panic sell just yet, could still be needed
  • Anyone else investing in this weeks 84 It's?
  • russfred
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ASHERLAUYY wrote: »
    Anyone else investing in this weeks 84 It's?

    Yeah, like the look of some of them, tempted with the 83 rated Saudi striker too

  • FrankLampard
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I bought 3 Joan Jordan’s earlier , should’ve bought more rising now with carvajal SBC. I also bought 2 quaglierra and a Hilton, I’ve plenty more to invest but feels very risky atm with the uncertainty of what lies ahead
    ASHERLAUYY wrote: »
    Anyone else investing in this weeks 84 It's?

  • FrankLampard
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I was never gonna be taking a loss on Jordan I should’ve went all in
  • I was never gonna be taking a loss on Jordan I should’ve went all in

    He's barely risen since the carvajal sbc
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    For any of you that grabbed a few, Munir's hit 4k now and it's a good time to sell IMO. With KPB transferring to Barca you will be able to complete the SBC by simply converting Rafinha to a CF and using cheap golds for the rest of the squad. Once Dembele and Semedo are back in packs as normal golds so I'm not sure he'll rise all that much more in the next couple of weeks.

    Real Madrid Casilla's still at 1.3k despite receiving a transfer card so he could be the guy to grab now, again I'd expect him to creep up to the 3-4k range in coming weeks.

    Supposedly there's no more SBC/objective headliners to come, so it's possible EA are now preparing for a big LNY promo. Any of you holding onto high rated NIF golds and special card investments should probably tread cautiously and prepare for everyone doing a mass sell up if it's the same promo we had last year
  • JDub
    297 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 4
    Quick ? If Rashford wins POTM, that won’t update his Headliner card, correct? I’m pretty sure the answer is no but wanted to make sure so I can decide to wait for POTM or buy Headliner soon.

    Also, do we know what rating a POTM would be??

    Lastly, his next TOTW would be 85, right? So Headliner would not get updated until he gets a 86 rated special card if I understand correctly?

    Thx
  • Just a reminder.. inform talisca went up 20-30k after the release of Pato. So when there is a hulk or texeira card with lunar New Year , you know what to expect
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6333 posts Big Money Move
    JDub wrote: »
    Quick ? If Rashford wins POTM, that won’t update his Headliner card, correct? I’m pretty sure the answer is no but wanted to make sure so I can decide to wait for POTM or buy Headliner soon.

    Also, do we know what rating a POTM would be??

    Lastly, his next TOTW would be 85, right? So Headliner would not get updated until he gets a 86 rated special card if I understand correctly?

    Thx

    Nobody knows until it happens, Zapata's headliner increased from a motm this weekend, i would assume potm would not increase it but who knows and his next inform or special would be 86 so the headliner would increase too
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    JDub wrote: »
    Quick ? If Rashford wins POTM, that won’t update his Headliner card, correct? I’m pretty sure the answer is no but wanted to make sure so I can decide to wait for POTM or buy Headliner soon.

    Also, do we know what rating a POTM would be??

    Lastly, his next TOTW would be 85, right? So Headliner would not get updated until he gets a 86 rated special card if I understand correctly?

    Thx

    From EA's official site:

    A FUT 19 Headliner item will be upgraded when they earn a qualifying performance based in-form: TOTW (until the end of the 2018-19 season), MOTM, Hero, Record Breaker and Team Of The Tournament selection.

    On that premise you should assume POTM will not impact his headliner card - not that it's out of EA's reach to do such a thing but there's no reason to assume otherwise
  • hiya
    1496 posts Play-Off Hero
    headliners are always going to be 1 infront of the latest IF.
    so when rashford gets an 86 IF his headliner will go to 87.

    swear most people think these cards are at their final rating.
  • Alovenac
    78 posts Park Captain
    Why Zapata Headliners card is 140k, when his motm is extinct on 200k?
  • hiya
    1496 posts Play-Off Hero
    its not extinct...it's just not been put in packs yet (because his headliner card is).
  • Retro_G
    28324 posts Player of the Year
    What are thinking the requirements for Rashford POTM will be lads?
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6333 posts Big Money Move
    Retro_G wrote: »
    What are thinking the requirements for Rashford POTM will be lads?

    Not even definitely going to be him unfortunately, could easily be Lacazette or King

    Pretty sure Rashford is 3g Laca is 3g and King is 3g 1a so based on "stats" it will be King
  • Will Pepe (French RM) be in with a chance of another TOTW, got his headliner and not sure one whether to sell or wait and try it if it goes up a rating
  • Retro_G
    28324 posts Player of the Year
    Retro_G wrote: »
    What are thinking the requirements for Rashford POTM will be lads?

    Not even definitely going to be him unfortunately, could easily be Lacazette or King

    Pretty sure Rashford is 3g Laca is 3g and King is 3g 1a so based on "stats" it will be King

    Rashford has an assist too, we're undefeated in January. It will defo be Rashford.
  • Dom1878
    54 posts Park Captain
    Just got the SBC Huntelaar... only just now realising that I can't really make a decent team with him - can anyone help? Circa 600k?
  • Tommygunn
    3139 posts National Call-Up
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    What are thinking the requirements for Rashford POTM will be lads?

    Not even definitely going to be him unfortunately, could easily be Lacazette or King

    Pretty sure Rashford is 3g Laca is 3g and King is 3g 1a so based on "stats" it will be King

    Rashford has an assist too, we're undefeated in January. It will defo be Rashford.

    Yeh I can’t see it being anyone other than rashford. Interested to see what rating they give him
  • Epasc1
    64 posts Park Captain
    Tommygunn wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    What are thinking the requirements for Rashford POTM will be lads?

    Not even definitely going to be him unfortunately, could easily be Lacazette or King

    Pretty sure Rashford is 3g Laca is 3g and King is 3g 1a so based on "stats" it will be King

    Rashford has an assist too, we're undefeated in January. It will defo be Rashford.

    Yeh I can’t see it being anyone other than rashford. Interested to see what rating they give him

    88 is my guess, it'll cost a fortune and I'd really want it
  • Retro_G
    28324 posts Player of the Year
    Tommygunn wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    What are thinking the requirements for Rashford POTM will be lads?

    Not even definitely going to be him unfortunately, could easily be Lacazette or King

    Pretty sure Rashford is 3g Laca is 3g and King is 3g 1a so based on "stats" it will be King

    Rashford has an assist too, we're undefeated in January. It will defo be Rashford.

    Yeh I can’t see it being anyone other than rashford. Interested to see what rating they give him

    89 hopefully, with a big bump to composure.
  • He will be 87. Potm ia usually equal to 2IF above the recent one, so in this case the 84 -> 86 -> 87. However with EA and man utd bias, you never know. They might use his HL as base which would be stupid but nice for the people who want him :)
Sign In or Register to comment.