A Real Life RTG (BLOG) Road to Mexico a body/mind transformation START THREE

Cadey 5
10386 posts Has That Special Something
Here goes nothing I have been meaning to do something like this for a long time but honestly have't found it in myself to make this thread/idea go, into it with a open mind and keep any negative comments/troll comments away from what I hope to be a positive change for not only myself but maybe some others in this community.

2020 a Trip to Mexico

in 2020 I am hopefully going to Mexico with family members to celebrate my sisters 18th Birthday and I want to be in better shape for it, I gym semi regularly right now but with Christmas and Personal issues have gained a bit of fat I don't fancy keeping or maintain, I really have hit a all time low when it comes to take away and binge eating, that is not to say you would look at me and think *** you need to lose weight but I personally am not happy with my current state.

Some personal Gym One Rep Maxes

Deadlift 174KG
Bench 80KG (IRC)
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 28KG.

So I will be attempting and hopefully succeeding to change my body with the help of daily posts about my workouts/cardio session.

Current weight: 85kG (Gym Scales) (89.3K Home Scales) (196.8 pounds)

Programme of choice

Just to shock my body I will be doing a Bodybuilding programme on bodybuiling.com called Kris-Gethin 8 Week Hardcore Trainer, the reason for this is it's 56 days of constant things to do essentially no rest days as "rest days" you have Cardio to do.

Carbs intake based on a 85kg man =
minimum 237g of protein
181g of carbs
Natural fats from foods

I have chosen a fat loss one to start so I can feel better about myself before trying to gain some muscle! i am currently so disappointed in how I look I have stopped wearing sleeveless to the gym because I don't like what I see.

of course this is't sustainable long term and may not look like much considering the workout/cardio plan but it's suggested as my week one intake so i will give it a try and share my feelings/thoughts with you.

I will post every Workout/calories intake per day to keep my mind focused on achieving something.

Changing the mind

This is the personal bit.

I suffer from a lot of anxiety, my sleep pattern has been make shift to say the least for the best part of 12 years going back to my college days and I am on two anti depressants to help me function throughout the day.

I have scoliosis in my right knee which can cause running/leg problems and a very very minor form of cerebral palsy in the left side of my body.

So overall naturally my body was't built for this whole weights thing but I want to start/go back to maintaining a healthy positive life style.

2020 is a long time away but it will soon catch up and I will almost be 30 and no closer to where I want to be so it's time to make a change.

FOLLOW ALONG/SHARE SOME JOURNEYS OF YOUR OWN

If you have any goal of your own fitness, exam, jobs or other wise share it here I am not looking for cheerleaders or board members like my Player RTGS on FIFA.

Just somewhere I can be a positive influence on others and myself outside of the FIFA world.

I should be starting 3rd of February 2019 and will happily post the workout schdule should anyone want to follow with me.

If this is too much information or too OT for a FIFA Forum then I completely understand if it needs to be taken down, but i am hoping I have been around these parts long enough people will understand what I am trying to achieve here.

If you wan to follow the workouts with me PM me and I can send day one :)
Post edited by Cadey 5 on

Comments

• OoSUPERDANoO
    13933 posts Moderator
    Fantastic mate!

If you ever need some words of encouragement you know where we are!
  • Antparry92
    17541 posts World Class
    Fantastic mate!

This pal.

I’m on something similar at the moment and have spoken about it with another forum member over PM but the past week or so I’ve completely knocked it on the head and finding it hard to get back in to things
  • Keano
    12763 posts Has That Special Something
    Fantastic mate!

Planning on doing something similar in 2 weeks time, so @Cadey 5 always here if you need any support encouragement or to chat about it all.
  • Jfo88
    22598 posts Club Captain
    OT section please
    :trollface:
  • Andy99TradeZ
    13698 posts Has That Special Something
    Good luck mate
  • Pauldejong6
    6720 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 3
    GL man, lots of respect for people like you. I think many people struggle between college/student life and transit to working life. Its not all easy.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Incredible that through all that text my eyes immediately locked on to sisters 18th birthday....

:shifty:

JK, good luck buddy!
  • Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something
    Good luck buddy smash it 💪
  • iD33J91
    5440 posts Big Money Move
    Best of luck bro, you can smash it!!!

It’s easy to fall into bad habits but the absolutely best part is you’ve already identified how to change so you’ll boss it
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 3
    Nice one @Cadey 5 … Good luck & will follow this.

Personally, am off on a trip in < 3 months time, and me and the missus are trying hard to get into better shape - KG's to lose as well as looking to be in better good-to-great physical fitness for this.

For me, keto has worked amazingly well - lost lots of KG's last year (no exercise whatsoever) & then dropped off a bit. Albeit I never went back to eating the likes of breads, I did not adhere strictly to it. Now back on it again & this time with exercise..

I'm really anti anybody trying to oversell something/shove it down your throat, so will never do that. If you've not tried it before, it is an option to consider as it is a way of eating & not some kind of eating fad/diet. If you're interested, go to the Keto Reddit - won't say anything further than I was shocked by the amount of energy I had, as well as had the best sleep ever.
  • FifaTaco
    948 posts Professional
    Goodluck mate!!
  • Alexrb89
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck man! I don’t know an awful lot about fat loss but I’ll glad give some input if you eventually want to gain muscle/strength :)
  • SGLT
    6192 posts Big Money Move
    Good luck mate, could be doing with losing a few pounds myself
  • Bobb
    646 posts An Exciting Prospect

Personally, am off on a trip in < 3 months time, and me and the missus are trying hard to get into better shape - KG's to lose as well as looking to be in better good-to-great physical fitness for this.

For me, keto has worked amazingly well - lost lots of KG's last year (no exercise whatsoever) & then dropped off a bit. Albeit I never went back to eating the likes of breads, I did not adhere strictly to it. Now back on it again & this time with exercise..

I'm really anti anybody trying to oversell something/shove it down your throat, so will never do that. If you've not tried it before, it is an option to consider as it is a way of eating & not some kind of eating fad/diet. If you're interested, go to the Keto Reddit - won't say anything further than I was shocked by the amount of energy I had, as well as had the best sleep ever.

Keto can accelerate initial weight loss but the vast majority of people can’t stick to that diet, and when they go back to eating carbs they balloon back up in no time. Also this isn’t a facet of Keto but a lot of people I know doing a Keto diet eat a **** load of red meat. Worse for you than a little bit of carbs
  • TalentFG
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero

This

Keto was awesome for me

Good luck whichever way you decide to go 👍🏻

How tall are you out of interest?
  • Cadey 5
    Thanks all :) apologise If I miss a question but!

@VanBasten12 I’m going to stick to the carb/protein suggestion in the daily trainer video just see how it goes first!

@alex1987 ideally I want to get a bit bigger but want to lose some of my few extra pounds first! Again I’m not in awful shape by any means just want to be focused on something before it gets “to late”

@TalentFG I am 5ft 10 pal.
  • Cadey 5
    edited February 3
    DAY 1/56

Just back from the gym got 20 minutes cardio to do on my home bike and a Casein drink to go and day one of the programme is complete.

Cardio

Not the best start as I missed the AM 20 minutes that is suggested but going to make sure I get the evening one done!

GYM Legs/Abs 6/10

Struggled to get into the workout at the start but won't smash them all out the park.

Squats 3 Sets: 15 x 70 15 x 70 15 x 70

Leg Press: 3 sets 15 x 18 15 x 80 15 x 80

Leg extension 2 Sets dropped the pin twice starting 10 x 77 10 x 77

Body weight lunges 2 sets BW X 10 BW X 10

Body Weight Squats 2 sets BW X 10 BW X 10

Standing Calf raises on smith 5 sets 30 x 50 30 x 50 30 x 50 30 x 50 30 x 50

Leg Raises 3 sets BW X 20 BW X 20 BW X 20

DIET 9/10

Really good diet today avoided most temptations out there, I did screw up with a diet coke but small steps had 4 litres of water.

You realise how much carbs are in everything when you go into such detail with the plan, I won't bore you with the actually diet of the day but I had:

260 grams of protein
    184 grams of carbs
    51 grams of fats

So I hit all the suggested targets but fat.
  • RBailss
    11831 posts Has That Special Something
    All the best bro! Make sure you take some progress pics, its crazy how much difference you’ll see! Eating the right things is key though.. and plenty of water!
  • Antparry92
    17541 posts World Class
    RBailss wrote: »
    All the best bro! Make sure you take some progress pics, its crazy how much difference you’ll see! Eating the right things is key though.. and plenty of water!

This is key. I’ve found since last November I can see the difference just in the mirror, would probably be even more over a pic
  • Hoopsterz
    1680 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've have started a very similar thing recently. Built up my cardio fitness about 6 years ago but got diagnosed with a hearth problem which stopped me dead in my tracks and basically stopped me doing most things.

I got the all clear mid way through last year after 5 years of doing nothing really very active (not cos of the heart issue but more a mental block that came with finding out).

This year I've decided NO MORE! I have an aim much like yours (my friend is getting married in Spain at the end of the year but also playing an 11 a side match for the first time in about 10 years!) and i need to stick to what I'm doing to not only get my health and fitness back but also snap myself back to myself, if that makes sense.

Good luck on the journey dude and i hope it goes well for both the mental as well as the physical health!
  • EA_Rtas
    1156 posts EA Moderator
    Good luck with your journey dude! Just moved the thread to the correct area, best of luck!
  • Cadey 5
    edited February 10
    Day 2 Chest and Shoulders

Today was a good day all round I honestly think this thread can help me achieve better results then I have been previously as today I was really tired maybe from the sudden lack of carbs and being up early by the time half 8 rolled around I just wanted to stay in.

Cardio

This time I got to the gym earlier so I could get my cardio in post workout so i did't have to worry about it when I was home.

Diet 8/10

Another day where I hit the goals i think I was 10g over the recommended carbs but managed to stick to healthy options for the second day! only downside was my morning coffee.

DB Chest Press Drop set, three sets
    10 x 27.5 10 x 20 10 x 17.5

Machine Fly
    12 x 77 12 x 77 12 x 77

Floor DB Press
    12 x 25 12 x 30 12 x 30

DB Floor Fly
    12 x 15 12 x 15 12 x 15

Super set with

Push Up 3 sets of bodyweight until failure

Smith press
    12 x 30 12 x 30 12 x 30

Cable raises
    12 x 14 12 x 14 12 x 14

SS With Cable front raises
    12 x 11 12 x 11 12 x 11

Carbs 208g
    Protein 248
    Fat 53

Scales dilemma, so I got some scales to do a weekly weight at home but thy have me at 89kg compared to the 85kg at the gym! should I stick to the gym scales to readjust the protein to my larger weight since I can weight myself in the mornings at home?

@Antparry92 @RBailss will take some in the morning but keep them to myself!
    @Hoopsterz good luck feel free to post any exercise you do in here if it helps!
  • I will be following this man, I've been looking for some inspiration to do sonethings myself. Best of luck
  • Cadey 5
    edited February 10
    DAY 3

It's fair to say this instant adjustment as been a bit of a struggle thus far, today was my worse day waking up late missing the 20 minutes morning cardio again! and 20g over on crabs, I know where I can take that down my current shake as 12.5 grams of carbs in twice a day, but I don't want to order a new one just yet will see where I am at the end of the week.

Arms 7/10

Got a good pump but did't feel I pushed myself to the limit.

Superset

Spider curl 10 x 25 10 x 25 10 x 25
    Close grip curl 10 x 25 10 x 35 10 x 35

superset

Reverse curl 10 x 10 10 x 10 10 x 10
    hammer curl 10 x 15 10 x 15 10 x 15

Superset
    Cable curl 12 x 46 12 x 46 12 x 46
    Cable biceps curl 12 x 21 12 x 21 12 x 21

Superset
    Cable pushdown 12 x 41 12 x 41 12 x 41
    cable overhead extension 12 x 25 12 x 32 12 x 32

Supetset
    One arm overhead 10 x 16 10 x 16 10 x 16
    Rope Kickback 10 x 14 10 x 11 10 x 11

Superset
    Push ups ? x BW ? x BW ? X BW
    Bench dips ? x BW ? X BW ? X BW

? is because i did not count just did as many as I could

Diet

another clean day aside from a sugar free energy drink before my workout as i was knackered

Protein 249
    Carbs 210
    Fat 57
  • krakos000
    17452 posts World Class
    Good luck man!! I think posting out your progress like this is a way to stick with it better. Since you do have a ways to go don't rush it and itll happen :)

My girlfriend and I just started going back to the gym yesterday. She is not happy with what she looks like at all and I definitely have a "boyfriend belly" going on now so it's time to go back. She gained a lot of weight during her last relationship which lasted 4 years, her partner at the time was a stereotypical "lazy stoner" and so all they ended up doing every day was Netflix and chilling. I'm trying to be supportive and help her get in shape. It's not easy though when fast food is a thing, and it's so easy to just say ahhh let's just stay home today.

We've decided to start our day off at the gym so bright and early at 6/7am every day we'll go. I find it gives me a nice rush of endorphins and makes my day go better if I work out that early.

As for my personal goals I just want to be in shape. I've always been the skinny kid and still am. I dont gain weight really, I just lose muscle and gain a stomach lol still skinny. I probably weigh about 145 pounds right now and my lowest has been 130 but I was competing in mma at that time so I was in shape but still low weight. I'm not looking to bulk up a lot, I just want to put some muscle on my body so I'm not self conscious about my skinny arms etc. I'm also going to be going back to training capoeira once a week which I used to do for a couple years but had to stop due to work. So I'm hoping this will all help me :)

• Antparry92
    17541 posts World Class
    Yeh, try the bodyspace app from bodybuilding.com. Store your progress on there nicely. PB’s, measurements, progress pics etc.

Gonna drag myself to the gym later, may attempt a weights session before I get my run in (the main reason I’m going)
  • Cadey 5
    edited February 10
    Day 4

A longer day then I had hoped for but still kept to a steady road for this at least! a shorter workout which was nice but some "heavy" lifts in there made me wary! keep in mind my sets/reps is the base i may choose to push out one or two more or a warm up set but what i post is the base of the workouts!

Lower Back Hamstring and Abs 7/10

Deadlift
    10 x 100 10 x 90 10 x 90

Seated calf
    10 x 54 10 x 54 10 x 54

Cable stiff legged deadlift
    10 x 50 10 x 50 10 x 50

Crunch machine
    40 x 27 20 x 36 20 x 36

Sit ups (7kg Ball)
    20 x 7 20 x 7 20 x 7

Protein 257G
    Carbs 186
    Fats 49

@Antparry92 I have a BB account but live alone so measurements are not easy to do and I am also not a huge fan of taking pictures! I thought posting it on a platform I am "well known" would be better then one I am not where I have been signed up for about 8 years and never used :( Hope you went for that workout!

@krakos000 nice one i can't seem to get up for the early ones! setting up the rest of the day is defiantly a positive way to go though :) good luck if you decided to join the other half.

• Antparry92
    17541 posts World Class
    Yeh I’ve never done measurements for that exact reason of getting someone to do it. But yeh I get you with the B.B space thing, I’ve had mine for about 5-6 years and used it for about a month, but the principle of it is nice.

I actually didn’t, thingns cropped up at home and the little fella hasn’t been well so things been put on hold again, can’t be helped I guess
  • Cadey 5
    edited February 10
    DAY 5

Yesterday

Did't cook any chicken prior to leaving as I was in a rush however got my breakfast in and whilst out had a Co-co Haze flapjack and some rice cakes to tide me over until lunch which was quite good compared to my habits prior to starting this thread! not that it was a easy choice.

Upper Back 9/10

Super set
    Lat Pull down
    10 x 70 10 x 70 10 x 70

Cable Close Grip Pull Down
    10 x 50 10 x 64 10 x 64

Single Arm Row
    10 x 32.5 10 x 35 10 x 35

Pull Up Wide Grip
    10 x BW -27KG
    10 X BW - 27KG
    10 X BW -27KG

Super Set

Pull Over
    10 x 27.5
    10 x 27.5
    10 x 27.5

Shrugs
    15 x 32.5 15 x 32.5 15 x 32.5

Calf Raise on Leg Press
    20 x 45 20 x 54 20 x 54 20 x 54 20 x 54

Cardio
    Missed cause i am a tool

Diet

Protein 232
    Carbs 177
    Fat 86

Not sure where the extra fat came from will look over it but another solid if not great day!
  • Cadey 5
    edited February 10
    Day 6 Active rest day

Cardio

Did 20 minutes HIT 4 rounds of 4 minutes steady 1 minute intense had 20g less carbs today then most other days this week on average on purpose as was suggested.

Diet

Protein 258
    Carbs 158
    Fat 75

Really pleased with that as normally rest days I kind of lose my way a bit eat that cake or drink that coke because i am not "going to the gym today so it does't matter"

Cardio again tomorrow before workouts start again and of course I can weigh myself.