4-4-1-1-formation-guide

Comments

• Hi all, was struggling with this FIFA for so long. Tried this formation last night and it felt like a different game. Such a balanced formation and really enjoying it. Going to stick with it and try and tweak custom tactics.
  • gresh1978 wrote: »
    gresh1978 wrote: »
    This is my current and only team now.

8GlVeH0.jpg

Some of my more notable subs.

D81oJki.jpg

Really unsure what direction to go in next. Sold my French team as it wasn't performing as good as this one.
    In my game plans I have the 41212(2) and it plays well. I want to play with the 4411, but I can't seem to get it to play similar to the 41212. The movement just isn't the same for some reason and I've tried different tactics and instructions.
    Also am I missing something by having Ibra sat on the bench. Would love for him to be in the starting 11 but then that means he starts on 4 or 5 chem unless I put Alessandrini at RM. If I do that then I'm using a sub straight away. What's your thoughts guys? What should I improve and how best to get Ibra in and what are the best tactics and instructions for him and as a whole?

Anyone have any advice?

Squeeze in Ibra. YYou can always sub Alessandrini. He's worth it.

I use Ibra as the CF, he is perfect for this role imo. Great range of passing and his shots from the edge of the box are deadly. I have him set to target man though, not sure what instructions others are giving him?
  • Vaporduff777
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 5
    Finished gold 2 with 2 games left. Was 14-5 at one point but just couldn’t keep up the good form.

@Littleland95 and @Khangaskhan17 if you played 4231 and used everything that is classed as the meta do you think you could get a lot higher rank or would it be the same as with 4411?
  • Khangaskhan17
    3904 posts National Call-Up
    Finished gold 2 with 2 games left. Was 14-5 at one point but just couldn’t keep up the good form.

@Littleland95 and @Khangaskhan17 if you played 4231 and used everything that is classed as the meta do you think you could get a lot higher rank or would it be the same as with 4411?

I win more with 4231. Gold 1- Elite 2 depending on the squad if I go that route but it’s not enjoyable so I’d rather finish G2 with players I like in a formation I enjoy.
  • Lusitania
    333 posts Sunday League Hero
    Beroe wrote: »
    My mens, again 25 wins! Last 3 of 4 WL x 25 wins,so proud :D that wl without change in team,only make defense ct to balance and 5 width,8 depth and was great change

You are using your CT and instructions of the first page with only the changes you mention? Cheers.
  • Vaporduff777
    edited February 5

I win more with 4231. Gold 1- Elite 2 depending on the squad if I go that route but it’s not enjoyable so I’d rather finish G2 with players I like in a formation I enjoy.

Thanks. Yer it’s about enjoying the game isn’t it. I played a few games against it and the opponent was just running around with rttf Fabinho was so hard to create chances.
  • Khangaskhan17
    My mens, again 25 wins! Last 3 of 4 WL x 25 wins,so proud :D that wl without change in team,only make defense ct to balance and 5 width,8 depth and was great change

Congrats man! That’s class!

sbiq93.gif
  • Khangaskhan17

Thanks. Yer it’s about enjoying the game isn’t it. I played a few games against it and the opponent was just running around with rttf Fabinho was so hard to create chances.

He’s such a nuisance to play against but so terrible when I use him :sweat_smile:
  • Carlos181
    3813 posts National Call-Up
    Finished 24-6. Love this new patch! Just need to tweak AI defending a bit, then I’ll be able to go higher, maybe lol.
  • Vaporduff777
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    Finished 24-6. Love this new patch! Just need to tweak AI defending a bit, then I’ll be able to go higher, maybe lol.

Well done. With 4411?
  • Beroe
    454 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lusitania wrote: »

You are using your CT and instructions of the first page with only the changes you mention? Cheers.

Yes,but playing with 4141 and 41212-2 with overlap and balance fbs.
  • Bevlarrrr
    1022 posts Professional
    Lusitania wrote: »

Yes,but playing with 4141 and 41212-2 with overlap and balance fbs.
    What tactics you using for 41212(2) ? Was thinking of having that set up on the d-pad if I’m chasing a game or trying to match my opponents to change it up

• Carlos181

Well done. With 4411?

Thanks! Yeah with 4411
  • Khangaskhan17

Well done. With 4411?

Thanks! Yeah with 4411

Congrats on the stellar run! What CTs are you currently using?
  • Carlos181

Well done. With 4411?

Thanks! Yeah with 4411

Thanks! I’m still using Gaz7Mac’s from 20.10.18
  • Khangaskhan17

Well done. With 4411?

Thanks! Yeah with 4411

Thanks, I’ll give it a go!
  • Khangaskhan17

Well done. With 4411?

Thanks! Yeah with 4411

That seems a bit extreme! 1 width and 5 depth?
    @Carlos181
  • Carlos181

Well done. With 4411?

Thanks! Yeah with 4411

Haha, yup! Just make sure you have a defensive minded CM in there 😁
  • Khangaskhan17

Well done. With 4411?

Thanks! Yeah with 4411

Will do! What team are you currently using?
  • Carlos181

Well done. With 4411?

Thanks! Yeah with 4411

6p6lwz.png

Getting TOTY Modric was the game changer. Not sure how I feel about Rijkaard. Feel like he always ends the game with 0 tackles, and have a hard time trying to catch anyone. However, he’s saved my butt against cross abusers many times this WL.
  • Khangaskhan17

Well done. With 4411?

Thanks! Yeah with 4411

6p6lwz.png

Getting TOTY Modric was the game changer. Not sure how I feel about Rijkaard. Feel like he always ends the game with 0 tackles, and have a hard time trying to catch anyone. However, he’s saved my butt against cross abusers many times this WL.

Would you say Mendy is a game changer?
  • MaltGuitar
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Well done. With 4411?

Thanks! Yeah with 4411

6p6lwz.png

I am thinking of buying TOTY Modric or mid Gullit, to partner mid Vieira. Who do you think is better for that spot? Does Modric's height cause problems?
  • Littleland95
    16918 posts Moderator
    Anyone playing a possession style of game would you care to share your tactics and instructions please?

Page 1 and Post 3 :)
  • Littleland95
    16918 posts Moderator

Awesome man! Well done!
  • Littleland95
    16918 posts Moderator
    Got lucky and pulled this beast, funny I was planning to get him

NvTkjBT.png

Congrats! Great pull!
  • Littleland95
    16918 posts Moderator

No.

I don't enjoy playing the other formations and can't find anything that plays similar to 4411.
  • Littleland95
    16918 posts Moderator

Wow!

Great work man :)
  • Littleland95
    16918 posts Moderator
    Managed 20 wins this WL using only 4411 and 3 slipped disc hernias in my back aching like crazy all week-end.

I'll take that. :joy:
  • gresh1978
    2553 posts Fans' Favourite
    What's the best way of getting Flashback Ibra and Headliner Arnie in the same starting eleven?
  • Bevlarrrr
    1022 posts Professional
    What's the best way of getting Flashback Ibra and Headliner Arnie in the same starting eleven?
    Icons or Alessandrini and Felipe Anderson ?