4-4-1-1-formation-guide

Comments

  • Khangaskhan17
    3899 posts National Call-Up
    @Littleland95

    Any chance you could upload some full matches pal?

    I'll try to remember to record this WL. :)

    Thanks bro
  • Khangaskhan17
    3899 posts National Call-Up
    smaug89 wrote: »
    Folks - I finally found my groove again and I do enjoy the game with that team and by tweaking the sublime @Khangaskhan17 CTs.

    Team

    CTs

    4/4
    Balanced/POHT

    Possession

    5
    4
    3
    2

    Player Instructions:

    FB; Marcelo - join attack, overlap; Aurier: SBWA, overlap

    CM; De Jong - free roam, LM10: SBWA, stay on edge of the box

    RM; Promes - get in behind, get into box,
    LM; Pepe: get in behind, cut inside, come back on defense

    CF: Depay - get in behind,
    ST: Crespo - stay forward, get in behind

    Obviously, switch positions between wingers and LM10, Gbamin (hidden gem)


    https://imgur.com/a/WpVEw5D

    Nice team there! Those tactics look solid too!

    Also switched back to possession this WL. No point risking turning the ball over in midfield when all these sheep are just parking the bus.

    Playing 433(2) though.

    Precisely!!

    What I also like about this tactic is that players are close to each other and are moving all the time to create space. Might also toggle the defense to be 5/5 or 5/6 with pressure on heavy touch to get all my team to be together and compact.

    You are only playing 433(2)? I switch between 4411, 433 (flat)442 and 4231 if I really want to defend a lead (rare now). What about you?

    Yeah, thought I’d change it up for once. Some 433(2) gameplay if you’re interested :blush:

    (weird posting it in here but you guys are the main reason I get on the forums :sweat_smile: )


    wow bro nice play what ur camera setting

    Tele broadcast 17,3 :smile:
  • Khangaskhan17
    3899 posts National Call-Up
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    Selletta wrote: »
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    Pulled Prime Henry last night, and headline Werner. With that I was able to upgrade my midfield from 90 Arthur/Vidal to Prime Rijkaard and TOTY Modric. Modric is something else.

    Prime Henry e hl Werner in the same pack?
    Separate. I got bored for whatever reason, and decided to open 100k packs with coins. Pulled Henry on my 2nd, then Werner in the final pack( 7th I think).

    2vxknk7.jpg

    Whoaaa! Nice one pal!
  • Tennster10
    1906 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 4
    so i finish G2 with 1 game to spare. i used @Littleland95 CT at the first 20 game or so and i just couldn't get it to work after patch. i was 10-10 the first 20 games. seem like drop back and fast build up just don't work for me any more. may be because people play differently after patch, they don't pass it around top of the box for finesse anymore. they either try to counter fast, cross or try to pass into the box and with depth to 1 and drop back my team give ton's of space in the midfield. so i tweak the CT base on @Littleland95 one.

    change defend to balance defend 4,4
    offense every thing the same except change fast build up to possession.
    player instruction the same except balance interception instead of aggressive. just because it drain my cm stamina to much and i don't have a decent sub for them.

    won 7 out of my last 10. i am happy with this tactic because i do like to play possession style but this CT can also counter as well.

    Def
    balance
    4
    4
    Off
    posssion
    3
    2
    3
    3

    ST and CF - Stay Forward and Get In Behind.

    CMs - Stay Back and Cover Centre

    LM - Get In Behind.

    RM - Get In Behind and Get Into Box.

    LB - Stay Back When Attacking and Overlap.

    RB - Stay Back When Attacking and Inverted.

  • Benzarian
    97 posts Park Captain
    My key takeaways from this WL:

    I started off horrible and got a little upset at the patch. I then decided to just play how I would IRL and a system I enjoy to watch IRL. As a barca fan I just like to break down the opponent with short quick passes, so I based my team around players I felt to also play this way. I went on a little 8-1 stretch where I felt unbeatable scoring goals I found satisfying, then an obnoxious loss got me annoyed and I found myself forcing counters and taking bad shots and went on a losing streak before taking a break. Played again today with the thoughts I had on the winning stretch and they made it a blast again.

    -Play in a way that replicates a system you enjoy watching IRL, makes it a little more personal and enjoyable imo.

    -Follow some basic fundamentals IRL really works which is surprising. The ones I noticed the most: Play the way you are facing! Don't pass into pressure, if you don't have a safe pass don't make it just pass back and recycle

    -Stay calm no matter what system or tactics you are running. Be confident in your passes and shots, don't just wing it and blame the game.

    -Mistakes will happen because of you and the game. It happens, it happens no matter what you're doing (not just fifa) there is no point in getting mad over it, just move past it and back to what you find enjoyable.

    -Normal shots seem to be the most effective for me, get in the box and normal shot works a decent amount (Timed normal shot outside the box when wide open works decently too). I got used to timed finesses with 2-3 guys around me and still going in, now I just make the extra pass until I get an open shot that I would take IRL.

    -Lastly play with players you find enjoyable and not worry who is "meta". Doesn't have to be the whole team but I found keeping a couple guys you like IRL keeps a nice with connection to your team (for me it is Jordi Alba and Reus).

    Will probably end G2 this weekend, but could have easily been Elite 3 if I didn't get carried away in my bad stretches. Excited for next weekend!
  • Littleland95
    16887 posts Moderator
    @Littleland95

    Any chance you could upload some full matches pal?

    I'll try to remember to record this WL. :)

    Thanks bro

    Did start recording one match. Went 0-1 and then scored 3 quick goals and got a RQ win after 32mins. Not worth uploading. :joy:
  • Littleland95
    16887 posts Moderator
    Tennster10 wrote: »
    so i finish G2 with 1 game to spare. i used @Littleland95 CT at the first 20 game or so and i just couldn't get it to work after patch. i was 10-10 the first 20 games. seem like drop back and fast build up just don't work for me any more. may be because people play differently after patch, they don't pass it around top of the box for finesse anymore. they either try to counter fast, cross or try to pass into the box and with depth to 1 and drop back my team give ton's of space in the midfield. so i tweak the CT base on @Littleland95 one.

    change defend to balance defend 4,4
    offense every thing the same except change fast build up to possession.
    player instruction the same except balance interception instead of aggressive. just because it drain my cm stamina to much and i don't have a decent sub for them.

    won 7 out of my last 10. i am happy with this tactic because i do like to play possession style but this CT can also counter as well.

    Def
    balance
    4
    4
    Off
    posssion
    3
    2
    3
    3

    ST and CF - Stay Forward and Get In Behind.

    CMs - Stay Back and Cover Centre

    LM - Get In Behind.

    RM - Get In Behind and Get Into Box.

    LB - Stay Back When Attacking and Overlap.

    RB - Stay Back When Attacking and Inverted.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Will try these after WL.
  • Littleland95
    16887 posts Moderator
    Benzarian wrote: »
    My key takeaways from this WL:

    I started off horrible and got a little upset at the patch. I then decided to just play how I would IRL and a system I enjoy to watch IRL. As a barca fan I just like to break down the opponent with short quick passes, so I based my team around players I felt to also play this way. I went on a little 8-1 stretch where I felt unbeatable scoring goals I found satisfying, then an obnoxious loss got me annoyed and I found myself forcing counters and taking bad shots and went on a losing streak before taking a break. Played again today with the thoughts I had on the winning stretch and they made it a blast again.

    -Play in a way that replicates a system you enjoy watching IRL, makes it a little more personal and enjoyable imo.

    -Follow some basic fundamentals IRL really works which is surprising. The ones I noticed the most: Play the way you are facing! Don't pass into pressure, if you don't have a safe pass don't make it just pass back and recycle

    -Stay calm no matter what system or tactics you are running. Be confident in your passes and shots, don't just wing it and blame the game.

    -Mistakes will happen because of you and the game. It happens, it happens no matter what you're doing (not just fifa) there is no point in getting mad over it, just move past it and back to what you find enjoyable.

    -Normal shots seem to be the most effective for me, get in the box and normal shot works a decent amount (Timed normal shot outside the box when wide open works decently too). I got used to timed finesses with 2-3 guys around me and still going in, now I just make the extra pass until I get an open shot that I would take IRL.

    -Lastly play with players you find enjoyable and not worry who is "meta". Doesn't have to be the whole team but I found keeping a couple guys you like IRL keeps a nice with connection to your team (for me it is Jordi Alba and Reus).

    Will probably end G2 this weekend, but could have easily been Elite 3 if I didn't get carried away in my bad stretches. Excited for next weekend!

    This is exactly how I feel when playing now.

    Great stuff man.

    Thanks for sharing. :)
  • Selletta
    61 posts Park Captain
    What does mean "IRL"?
  • gresh1978
    2523 posts Fans' Favourite
    gresh1978 wrote: »
    This is my current and only team now.

    8GlVeH0.jpg

    Some of my more notable subs.

    D81oJki.jpg

    Really unsure what direction to go in next. Sold my French team as it wasn't performing as good as this one.
    In my game plans I have the 41212(2) and it plays well. I want to play with the 4411, but I can't seem to get it to play similar to the 41212. The movement just isn't the same for some reason and I've tried different tactics and instructions.
    Also am I missing something by having Ibra sat on the bench. Would love for him to be in the starting 11 but then that means he starts on 4 or 5 chem unless I put Alessandrini at RM. If I do that then I'm using a sub straight away. What's your thoughts guys? What should I improve and how best to get Ibra in and what are the best tactics and instructions for him and as a whole?

    Anyone have any advice?
  • MaltGuitar
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Selletta wrote: »
    What does mean "IRL"?

    In real life
  • Selletta
    61 posts Park Captain
    MaltGuitar wrote: »
    Selletta wrote: »
    What does mean "IRL"?

    In real life

    tnx
  • DeanoZoff
    4259 posts National Call-Up
    This formation is fine against average and poor players but i really struggled against "elite" players using 4411.
  • DeanoZoff
    4259 posts National Call-Up
    Lost g1 on my last game thanks to a 75th min Ibra sub. Was 1-0 up til the 80th min.

    A snail paced header that De Gea jumped through and a shot that took 3 deflections.

    Nice
  • Littleland95
    16887 posts Moderator
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    This formation is fine against average and poor players but i really struggled against "elite" players using 4411.

    I think any formation will be a struggle vs Elite players. :)
  • Littleland95
    16887 posts Moderator
    gresh1978 wrote: »
    gresh1978 wrote: »
    This is my current and only team now.

    8GlVeH0.jpg

    Some of my more notable subs.

    D81oJki.jpg

    Really unsure what direction to go in next. Sold my French team as it wasn't performing as good as this one.
    In my game plans I have the 41212(2) and it plays well. I want to play with the 4411, but I can't seem to get it to play similar to the 41212. The movement just isn't the same for some reason and I've tried different tactics and instructions.
    Also am I missing something by having Ibra sat on the bench. Would love for him to be in the starting 11 but then that means he starts on 4 or 5 chem unless I put Alessandrini at RM. If I do that then I'm using a sub straight away. What's your thoughts guys? What should I improve and how best to get Ibra in and what are the best tactics and instructions for him and as a whole?

    Anyone have any advice?

    Squeeze in Ibra. YYou can always sub Alessandrini. He's worth it.
  • sjncomic
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    @Littleland95 any opinion on baby Cruyff? I am thinking about replacing Zola.
  • DeanoZoff
    4259 posts National Call-Up
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    This formation is fine against average and poor players but i really struggled against "elite" players using 4411.

    I think any formation will be a struggle vs Elite players. :)

    Ive set my wide players to stay forward and set my other cm to stay back and all of a sudden its working again.

    This patch has bought back ai defending to its strongest ever
  • Littleland95
    16887 posts Moderator
    sjncomic wrote: »
    @Littleland95 any opinion on baby Cruyff? I am thinking about replacing Zola.

    Awesome card. Had it for around 700 matches. Only sold to get the Prime.
  • Bevlarrrr
    1008 posts Professional
    Anyone used FFS Upamecano ? Debating of getting him but unsure on his stamina and marking
  • Littleland95
    16887 posts Moderator
    Bevlarrrr wrote: »
    Anyone used FFS Upamecano ? Debating of getting him but unsure on his stamina and marking

    I'd go for FFS Militao
  • Bevlarrrr
    1008 posts Professional
    Bevlarrrr wrote: »
    Anyone used FFS Upamecano ? Debating of getting him but unsure on his stamina and marking

    I'd go for FFS Militao

    I was debating him but it’s the players gotta have with him, could get that CL Telles but it’s the keeper situation I don’t like

  • Bevlarrrr
    1008 posts Professional
    edited February 4
    4-FF83-E77-6067-4-F12-89-A2-4-FCD477-BC31-F.png
    Settled with this, I kept chopping and changing formations to get certain players in which was making me lose trying 352 and 41212, back to the faithful 4411 with your CT’s @Littleland95 any suggestions I could change ? Sitting on 335k. Still can’t seem to post an image in the forum, just that box everytime :s
  • Carlos181
    3810 posts National Call-Up
    Bevlarrrr wrote: »
    4-FF83-E77-6067-4-F12-89-A2-4-FCD477-BC31-F.png
    Settled with this, I kept chopping and changing formations to get certain players in which was making me lose trying 352 and 41212, back to the faithful 4411 with your CT’s @Littleland95 any suggestions I could change ? Sitting on 335k. Still can’t seem to post an image in the forum, just that box everytime :s

    How’s Hernandez, if you’ve used him already?
  • Bevlarrrr
    1008 posts Professional
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    Bevlarrrr wrote: »
    4-FF83-E77-6067-4-F12-89-A2-4-FCD477-BC31-F.png
    Settled with this, I kept chopping and changing formations to get certain players in which was making me lose trying 352 and 41212, back to the faithful 4411 with your CT’s @Littleland95 any suggestions I could change ? Sitting on 335k. Still can’t seem to post an image in the forum, just that box everytime :s

    How’s Hernandez, if you’ve used him already?

    I only played a couple of games with him in 352 and he seemed solid, sold Varane and Ramos to keep him in, wanted to keep Oblak in goal aswell, will let you know when I play more games with him tho, picked him up for 230 on Xbox
  • Carlos181
    3810 posts National Call-Up
    Bevlarrrr wrote: »
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    Bevlarrrr wrote: »
    4-FF83-E77-6067-4-F12-89-A2-4-FCD477-BC31-F.png
    Settled with this, I kept chopping and changing formations to get certain players in which was making me lose trying 352 and 41212, back to the faithful 4411 with your CT’s @Littleland95 any suggestions I could change ? Sitting on 335k. Still can’t seem to post an image in the forum, just that box everytime :s

    How’s Hernandez, if you’ve used him already?

    I only played a couple of games with him in 352 and he seemed solid, sold Varane and Ramos to keep him in, wanted to keep Oblak in goal aswell, will let you know when I play more games with him tho, picked him up for 230 on Xbox

    Keep us updated 👍🏽. Want to replace Varane for him.
  • gresh1978
    2523 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anyone playing a possession style of game would you care to share your tactics and instructions please?
  • Beroe
    454 posts Sunday League Hero
    My mens, again 25 wins! Last 3 of 4 WL x 25 wins,so proud :D that wl without change in team,only make defense ct to balance and 5 width,8 depth and was great change
  • Bevlarrrr
    1008 posts Professional
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    Bevlarrrr wrote: »
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    Bevlarrrr wrote: »
    4-FF83-E77-6067-4-F12-89-A2-4-FCD477-BC31-F.png
    Settled with this, I kept chopping and changing formations to get certain players in which was making me lose trying 352 and 41212, back to the faithful 4411 with your CT’s @Littleland95 any suggestions I could change ? Sitting on 335k. Still can’t seem to post an image in the forum, just that box everytime :s

    How’s Hernandez, if you’ve used him already?

    I only played a couple of games with him in 352 and he seemed solid, sold Varane and Ramos to keep him in, wanted to keep Oblak in goal aswell, will let you know when I play more games with him tho, picked him up for 230 on Xbox

    Keep us updated 👍🏽. Want to replace Varane for him.
    Will do mate, probably won’t get a chance to play until tomorrow afternoon now but will let you know for sure
  • metallica86
    875 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 4
    Got lucky and pulled this beast, funny I was planning to get him

    NvTkjBT.png
Sign In or Register to comment.