The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• Sjaban
    566 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So much bs today.
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Equinox 85 wrote: »
    Anyone find that since this patch your players are very unresponsive? I am 14-3 but they just stand around not doing anything when you want them to close down the ball? The opposition seem to be the same I often can just walk through massive gaps.

Think it’s the servers tbh. Gameplay was fine Friday and Saturday for me but yesterday I experienced what you are now.

Same here. Played Friday and tried a few games sunday. It was so much worse. 4 matches, lost 3 of them. Loads of rng, bs and passes going all over the places
  • ColeWorld
    10432 posts Has That Special Something
    I hate it that you are unable to switch players after a rebound
  • M98H
    12915 posts Has That Special Something
    xciljw wrote: »
    M98H wrote: »
    I’d honestly take 50 games last year over the 30 this year and I’d still probably finish them quicker....
    Pace of the game :sleeping:

I was saying that months ago and I still think it is true. 30 games this year would take more time than 40 last year, hence why people are still complaining we don't get enough time for WL. EA lowered it to 30 games to save us some time, but in reality gameplay causes it to take longer instead.

Played 2 and gone off. Leaving it at 16....UFC and Fortnite Im actually enjoying at the moment, so not sure why I’m wasting my time tbh....
  • sturges12345
    3010 posts National Call-Up
    From 5-6. To 16-8 and then to 17-13. @hjdjydyufu gold 2 again :). Ea are trying their best to keep me in the same rank
  • Campino
    27137 posts Player of the Year
    Keano wrote: »
    I'm 14-6 atm... (Since changing camera angle & home picking I'm 8-1)

Is it worth it to go for 17 wins for either rewards or the extra choice in picks??? Every game just is a mental drain, I have the time... but i'm just wondering if it's worth it compared to actually playing something I'll enjoy (and watching the West ham game).

I only play to 17 for the extra pick
  • DarthGrowler
    14545 posts Has That Special Something

Is it worth it to go for 17 wins for either rewards or the extra choice in picks??? Every game just is a mental drain, I have the time... but i'm just wondering if it's worth it compared to actually playing something I'll enjoy (and watching the West ham game).

What settings you using bro?
  • Sixtech
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    Currently 12-7 Going to try to reach gold 2. What a struggle this weekend.

Started Balanced like always, then changed to constant pressure a few games, then changed to drop back 1 depth and kept it there. Jesus Christ.
  • hjdjydyufu
    7767 posts League Winner
    From 5-6. To 16-8 and then to 17-13. @hjdjydyufu gold 2 again :). Ea are trying their best to keep me in the same rank

I didn't even have time to play much. I'll play some after school and see if I .ca. finish the games. I'm sure I'll be be gold 2 as well. But i may stop at Gold 3. @sturges12345
  • Keano
    13426 posts Has That Special Something

20 height 20 zoom (few people mentioned it 3-4 pages ago), I'm not sure if it feels any different, possibly just means I see the runs a little more, but doesnt feel to much different to what I used anyway.
  • Uberman
    15729 posts World Class
    19-2 - Getting more and more tense every game :joy:
  • DarthGrowler
    14545 posts Has That Special Something

20 height 20 zoom (few people mentioned it 3-4 pages ago), I'm not sure if it feels any different, possibly just means I see the runs a little more, but doesnt feel to much different to what I used anyway.

Might give it a whirl and see how I go. Cheers man
  • UTFR
    177 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just got battered by losc crafty, those timed spin volleys are impossible to defend against
  • Primal
    4524 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 4
    M98H wrote: »
    I’d honestly take 50 games last year over the 30 this year and I’d still probably finish them quicker....
    Pace of the game :sleeping:

The 30 do seem to take longer and are more of a grind than last year. I cant seem to play 2-3 games without taking a break, it is the most boring fifa ive played.

Last year i would play between 30-40 on the sunday, didnt even bother me that much and seemed to go by quite fast.
  • ColeWorld
    10432 posts Has That Special Something
    gameplay is fine till you meet a ptb spasten
  • Uberman
    15729 posts World Class
    Just lost to an absolute bitchboy - what a surprise
  • WildaF3niX
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    UTFR wrote: »
    Just got battered by losc crafty, those timed spin volleys are impossible to defend against

Lost to him as well yesterday, he got a godly team
  • hrv97
    3460 posts National Call-Up
    11-0, That's it for my last wl until they release a decent patch. Played 11 away games in a row, let the AI defend for me and scored a Header every game
  • Sercs
    18654 posts World Class
    Usually 23-26 wins... ending on either 20 or 21 only second time all year playing full 30 I’m not at least elite 3. Had an absolutely shocking middle, and early start tbh. Patch had me initially (went straight in not thinking it was going to be that different) and had some bad luck go against me.. along with me getting irritated too many times😂

Gave drop back a go for a couple games, just isn’t for me.. play so much better with the press on heavy touch that I won’t touch it again unless I’m trying to hold out on a win.

Gone from beating pros to ending like that inside a week 🤦‍♂️, next week hopefully I can do 30 and get back to my usual finishes or higher.

Onto next week
  • Pugzilla
    16069 posts World Class
    Sercs wrote: »
    Usually 23-26 wins... ending on either 20 or 21 only second time all year playing full 30 I’m not at least elite 3. Had an absolutely shocking middle, and early start tbh. Patch had me initially (went straight in not thinking it was going to be that different) and had some bad luck go against me.. along with me getting irritated too many times😂

Gave drop back a go for a couple games, just isn’t for me.. play so much better with the press on heavy touch that I won’t touch it again unless I’m trying to hold out on a win.

Gone from beating pros to ending like that inside a week 🤦‍♂️, next week hopefully I can do 30 and get back to my usual finishes or higher.

Onto next week

You are an elite player dude even if one weekend you don’t hit it we all have off weekends. This year even elite is very very hard to attain. Over a 3:1 win loss for just elite 3.

• UK_Cam
    1328 posts Professional
    Finished top 100 and still don't have a clue what to do when I make it to the opponent's box :joy:

I actually quite like it. My defenders actually have more of a use now rather than sitting off watching as someone smashes a timed finesse into the top corner
  • Uberman
    15729 posts World Class
    20-3 now - I'm aware these games will be the toughest though
  • Moe_Szyslak
    245 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Finishing up on 14-0 for this WL. Switched to 41212 (2) and enjoyed having more attacking options in and around the opponent’s box. Best/Ibra still a lot of fun.

ezgif-2-a977a8957564.gif
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    First time ping ping passes is ridiculously OP.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    Ping ping?

I’ll stick with it.
  • Keano
    13426 posts Has That Special Something
    Finishing on 14-6, could've gone for 17 but i'm chilled & content tonight, I don't fancy that changing, might test one game to see if it's okay to play later but otherwise that's it this week, then won't be around the next 2 WLs.

I'll watch the footy & catch up on some Tv instead.
  • Sjaban
    566 posts An Exciting Prospect

Feels like everyone i play against is doing that. First time passes all over the place.
  • Maverick
    4874 posts National Call-Up

Yup. And it's ridiculous because if you're a manual defender and try to read a pass, by the time the pass is actually delivered, the ball is already going to be passed around where you are. It's very annoying for a manual defender.

You have to time it literally PERFECTLY, otherwise the AI will help the pass.
  • Uberman
    15729 posts World Class
    21-3 - Only have to win 2 in 6 for elite :#
  • SupaNoodle1990
    Done, 14 wins, see you all Friday.
  • Beroe
    454 posts Sunday League Hero
    25 wins again!! Very cool :) 3/4 25 wins in a row,never did it before. :) :)