The career of Claude Makélélé | Season 1 - K.A.S Eupen

Comments

• DB1512
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    Interesting club and some good results in the last couple of games.
  • Danimal5981
    2164 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think we should hold a contest for best and funniest pronunciation of the name Eupen.
  • JDB44
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    subpop wrote: »
    Good results in this last run, which allow Eupen to be among the best in the league. García making the difference and he jumps on top of the goal scorers list. The bad news is the long term injury of Castro-Montes, a blow for the team.

García is the unexpected hero so far but at 37 years of age I am not sure his stamina will keep up all season. Castro-Montes only played one game but I was really enjoying how he played and was planning to move him ahead of Molina. Like you said, his loss is a big blow.
    Wow, had no idea the Belgium league did that with its top 6 teams, kinda crazy 😂 great run of games has Eupen punching above there weight at the moment

Ha I did not know either. Makes the end of the season much more exciting though.
  • JDB44
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Interesting club and some good results in the last couple of games.

Yea I wanted to start somewhere different and see where it goes. The competition in the league isn't great and that is noticeable. The oppostion has a few good chances each game due to my poor defense but rarely hit the target.
    I think we should hold a contest for best and funniest pronunciation of the name Eupen.

Haha that would be good. I know I do not know how to properly pronounce it so I say UPEN. Not sure if that is correct.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up

Yupin!! :D
  • Danimal5981
    2164 posts Fans' Favourite

Yupin!! :D

LMAO!
  • Wyojasond
    11222 posts Has That Special Something
    E...You...Pennnnnn 😂🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  • Ashy
    9546 posts League Winner
    Interesting to learn more about the Belgian league because I had no idea they did that with the top 6 either!
    Good start to the season really, especially in the recent results, I don't expect you to do much more than challenge for the top 6 spots, there are some stronger teams for sure though
  • JDB44
    Ashy wrote: »
    Interesting to learn more about the Belgian league because I had no idea they did that with the top 6 either!
    Good start to the season really, especially in the recent results, I don't expect you to do much more than challenge for the top 6 spots, there are some stronger teams for sure though

Completely agree. I have been fortunate so far with poor finishing by opponents. But that's what happens in smaller leagues.
  • JDB44
    edited February 8
    MTQUIQ0.png

Standings and stats
    6V0UckA.png
    8cvPW1q.png
    Post edited by JDB44 on
  • Wyojasond
    The hot start continues. Great draw against Genk and getting past a struggling anderlecht team could be huge later in the year.
  • subpop
    Very good results against direct rivals. Surprised to see Anderlecht so down, although there are 10 teams in 6 points.

One question, in real life, how is Eupen doing?
  • JoshDFC
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Eupen really overachieving Makelele may say they have gotten lucky but you need luck in football to reach targets and that's what Eupen are on target to do
  • JDB44
    The hot start continues. Great draw against Genk and getting past a struggling anderlecht team could be huge later in the year.

The Genk match was one of the best matches we have played. Only around 30% possession but somehow defended well enough for the point.
    Very good results against direct rivals. Surprised to see Anderlecht so down, although there are 10 teams in 6 points.

One question, in real life, how is Eupen doing?

Anderlecht I thought would be a lot better than they showed. But like you said, the table is close.

In real life, Eupen are 10th, 9 points off a playoff position. Midtable is a very good position for the club so I think they would be happy fighting for the 6-10 positions right now.

Every match it is obvious that we do not have the talent like our opponents do but we have been grinding out results. I play on default ultimate so I expected it to be harder but that might be because the competition I am used to in FIFA is Premier League or LaLiga so players are much better.
  • JDB44
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Eupen really overachieving Makelele may say they have gotten lucky but you need luck in football to reach targets and that's what Eupen are on target to do

That is true. Luck is important to win trophies and I will gladly take the luck we have been given.
  • JDB44
    edited February 8
    bUZWlWz.png

Standings and stats
    Z2vxXSc.png
    bPDCcUY.png
  • Wyojasond
    The home form is becoming an issue, but still second in the league at this point is crazy
  • JDB44
    edited February 8
    lxORwq4.png
    PCyCazz.jpg
  • JDB44
    lxORwq4.png
    oR0pIyg.png
  • JDB44
    The home form is becoming an issue, but still second in the league at this point is crazy

I agree, winning at home is going to be important if we make the top playoff and are against the top 5 teams every match.
  • DB1512
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    The Croky Cup..... What a name for a domestic cup. Hope you can improve the home form.
  • JDB44
    CtxgRD9.png
    j73HdqX.png
  • JDB44
    KOjUtqT.png
  • subpop
    Irregular results, especially at home, but everything is so tight on top that positions aren't very important now. Still you can expect more from Eupen against teams like Beveren.

Crocky Cup... I love it too. :D
  • JDB44
    Irregular results, especially at home, but everything is so tight on top that positions aren't very important now. Still you can expect more from Eupen against teams like Beveren.

Crocky Cup... I love it too. :D

Yes, 1-5 are all within 2 points which makes every match important. No idea what is going on at home. The tactics are the same as on the road and the matches are just as competitive. It comes down to the opponent finishing their chances at home but missing in the away matches.

Croky Cup is a great name. @db1512, I have never heard of the name but from what I read it is a crisp brand. Here are some flavors to excite.

croky1-1024x1024.png
    croky-red-devils-200g.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    That bird on the chips is terrifying 😂 couple of tough games but still sitting comfortably in the top 6.
  • Ashy
    9546 posts League Winner
    Weird to see away form much better than home form haha, still going good in the league though top 6 is the target and I think you can achieve that still. Anderlecht are creeping back up though so watch out for that