Squad Battle question (now annoyance)

Comments

• Zv1k0
    5926 posts Big Money Move
    BGAlum wrote: »
    Played on my son’s account and playing with a newly started team and such I have just as much or better luck on World Class, Pro, or even Legendary than I do on my account.

@Zv1k0 one thing as I thought about it a bit more in terms of your statement on custom tactics and such. For those items to be effective and be a real difference maker, shouldn’t the team chemistry still come into play?

I’m other words having an awesome custom tactic set up on a team controlled by AI should matter much less if the chem is not 100 or even below 70 almost a non factor...at least the lip service to the importance of chemistry.

Also I find it quite funny that when EA randomly picks the teams for the Squad Battles they do not review the names of the squads. Played one along the lines of FIFA 19 and EA suck...and others that have had questionable names. They do not even seem to check those at all.

I have no idea how chemistry works or if even affects AI. Last year, Ultimate AI was boosted to 99 so it really didn't matter. It feels like it's the same this year, haven't checked though. And if it does matter, that only affects their stats, not tactics. And their stats probably don't matter because like I said, they are boosted/nerfed depending on the difficulty you play on.

I don't think EA actually picks squads. Those squads are people's squads and it might be that they are just randomly selected for each set. It might happen that one day you play against your own squad.
  • Pooter
    2150 posts Fans' Favourite
    I must be doing something wrong not to beat a team rated 60 with a chemistry of 16 on Ultimate level

I know in hindsight that I should have played on Legendary, but I'm trying to beat a team on Ultimate

The team in question had only bronze with one rare bronze. And a LM in goal with two gk on either side of L and R of midfield. I've changed my formation also to be more advantageous but it didn't work
  • Zv1k0
    Pooter wrote: »
    I must be doing something wrong not to beat a team rated 60 with a chemistry of 16 on Ultimate level

I know in hindsight that I should have played on Legendary, but I'm trying to beat a team on Ultimate

The team in question had only bronze with one rare bronze. And a LM in goal with two gk on either side of L and R of midfield. I've changed my formation also to be more advantageous but it didn't work

Man, you are losing games on semi pro and pro and now you want to beat ultimate? After the patch? It's hard even for me and I'm rank 1 lol.
  • Pooter
    Zv1k0 wrote: »

Man, you are losing games on semi pro and pro and now you want to beat ultimate? After the patch? It's hard even for me and I'm rank 1 lol.

Not as often on pro though. I even played on WC and won, albeit very hard it was
  • Thomas
    3044 posts National Call-Up

On ultimate the ai get 99 in every stat, so very hard to beat compared to legendary.

I wouldn't recommend doing ultimate, just do legendary or lower and you should be fine
  • BGAlum
    1216 posts Professional
    I have won on Ultimate, but have not tried post patch.

I guess that is why it is frustrating to be able to win at that level, the turn around and see a team on Pro play like the system jumped into ultimate mode...

@Zv1k0 .... yeah... not sure how the teams are picked either and since we do not get to play the same teams (other than the first team) it is really hard to compare.

I think for me though is that it really feels like the system picks the level at random. Kind of like the AI randomly chooses to have a GK randomly jump out of the box, when you have hit nothing to warrant it. LOL.

After last week’s post and now that I can only play Squad Battle and single player season, I have tried to stick to World Class at the minimum level on my account. Getting the same results as if I played pro level the last few weeks. Then I play Pro Level matches on my son’s account, and win every time...

• FalconFan
    76 posts Park Captain
    edited February 2
    Played on my son’s account and playing with a newly started team and such I have just as much or better luck on World Class, Pro, or even Legendary than I do on my account.

@Zv1k0 one thing as I thought about it a bit more in terms of your statement on custom tactics and such. For those items to be effective and be a real difference maker, shouldn’t the team chemistry still come into play?

I’m other words having an awesome custom tactic set up on a team controlled by AI should matter much less if the chem is not 100 or even below 70 almost a non factor...at least the lip service to the importance of chemistry.

Also I find it quite funny that when EA randomly picks the teams for the Squad Battles they do not review the names of the squads. Played one along the lines of FIFA 19 and EA suck...and others that have had questionable names. They do not even seem to check those at all.

I don't think EA actually picks squads. Those squads are people's squads and it might be that they are just randomly selected for each set. It might happen that one day you play against your own squad.

Probably not, but when you run across a team with curse words or derogatory terms, you sure hate to think that kids are playing the game.

The forums here have more oversight than many aspects of the game, which as a parent is quite concerning.
  • Floatingkeyboard
    1064 posts Professional
    Waste of time
  • Pooter
    FalconFan wrote: »

Probably not, but when you run across a team with curse words or derogatory terms, you sure hate to think that kids are playing the game.

The forums here have more oversight than many aspects of the game, which as a parent is quite concerning.

You're saying "Probably not" to the poster saying it is chosen randomly. I think he meant by the servers, not real people choosing them, because there are far too many teams to choose from for a person(s) to choose teams. The reason why some have derogatory names is because some people use special characters to trick the system, its the proverbial *&$£ and all that jazz
  • Pooter
    Another thing I don't get is, that you see teams with the odd matching players that 100 chem, yet when I try the same thing with the same formation, it doesn't add up to 100 chem
  • Zv1k0
    Another thing I don't get is, that you see teams with the odd matching players that 100 chem, yet when I try the same thing with the same formation, it doesn't add up to 100 chem

Manager and loyalty.
  • Pooter

Manager and loyalty.

All that's been done etc...even position change and all that marlarkey
  • Zv1k0

Manager and loyalty.

All that's been done etc...even position change and all that marlarkey

Impossible. Picture?
  • FalconFan
    76 posts Park Captain
    edited February 2

You're saying "Probably not" to the poster saying it is chosen randomly. I think he meant by the servers, not real people choosing them, because there are far too many teams to choose from for a person(s) to choose teams. The reason why some have derogatory names is because some people use special characters to trick the system, its the proverbial *&$£ and all that jazz

EA controls the process of how anything happens in the game, regardless of how it is done, correct? EA could make it as easy as everyone plays the same 4 squads each cycle or as complicated as 4 squads x as many people playing squad battles. In fact the first option would be a better measure for how everyone stacks up point wise against each other. EA chooses the process though.

And to your of special characters “fooling” the server, many sites and games pick up that kind of $tuff...At least the obvious ones. (This forum does not though)... and would be good cause for at least some human review. You would think that EA could even get volunteers, just as the do for these forums if they really wanted to improve the experience and game content.

EA could and should choose the process that provides the best oversight and experience. I am not sure they have done either.

Post edited by FalconFan on
  • Pooter

EA controls the process of how anything happens in the game, regardless of how it is done, correct? EA could make it as easy as everyone plays the same 4 squads each cycle or as complicated as 4 squads x as many people playing squad battles. In fact the first option would be a better measure for how everyone stacks up point wise against each other. EA chooses the process though.

And to your of special characters “fooling” the server, many sites and games pick up that kind of $tuff...At least the obvious ones. (This forum does not though)... and would be good cause for at least some human review. You would think that EA could even get volunteers, just as the do for these forums if they really wanted to improve the experience and game content.

EA could and should choose the process that provides the best oversight and experience. I am not sure they have done either.

They control the process via software, it's not handpicked, the only one that is handpicked is the featured SB, either real pro footballers themselves, or musicians and vloggers, maybe the odd celebrity (if they have time to play)
  • FalconFan
    76 posts Park Captain
    Not arguing that fact, but they set up the parameters for the servers to choose...

In the end ultimately they own the game, they own what the AI or employee or anything that works for them executes...

Bottom line is it should be better...and could easily be better. It goes along the lines of what you have experienced in your games and others have mentioned. The randomness of play. Sure tactics and chemistry might explain some of that, but it does not explain all of it. Meaning that I believe the code hiccups.
  • Pooter
    edited February 2
    I'm done with SB this week. They have clearly messed up this section of FUT

I don't believe it's got anything to do with chemistry, because the CPU AI has a team chemistry that is seriously a lot lower. If it continues next week, I am not wasting my time over this game anymore. I don't want to waste my time doing gimmicky sbcs in order to bump up my squad wasting time trying to get players from transfers when someone else gets them and I have to find other players....oh wait, job needs me..can't do this at home because I want to play games, not spend 3/4 of the time trying to get players to finish of an sbc I don't need.........insane this game is. Used to be fun, but now its getting to be a drag...half the players are using coin booster sites and EA does nothing to ban them or give them a strike

I keep getting caught offside so much so, I've have been caught offside than I've had hot meals, and yet some other teams don't seem to get caught offside
  • Zv1k0
    Look at this!
    IMG-20190203-175639.jpg
    Let's compare 2nd and 4th teams.

2nd team is 74 rated with 62 chemistry.
    4th team is 83 rated and 100 chemistry and look at the results.

I couldn't score against second team. It was impossible to break it down. I did have a lot of shots (some were botched) and keeper saved them all and it was a bronze keeper. Shots were from poor angles though because I couldn't do anything else.

2nd team narrow formation 4231
    4th team wide formarion 433(4)

It's not all in formations though. I beat the hardest teams with 4231 but it was tough. That second team had literally everyone except ST behind the ball and even ST came back if I went too far away from the box with the ball. It has to be something with tactics and instructions as well.
  • BGAlum
    1216 posts Professional
    edited February 3
    Waste of time

Then why bother commenting?

@Zv1k0 ... I am sure it is a factor, but you know how people have noticed their team setup had changed from the changes they made right before going into the game? The system and software does hiccup. I think it varies depending on the patching.

I still think the system hiccups and may not match the AI with the selection. Just like I still can’t always apply contracts or fitness even though it has been patched. Between patches I had a streak of not losing a single game at pro level. Then a patch and I ran across the teams playing lights out. I do not use finesse or timed shooting much of at all, so that is a non factor. Defensively though the AI was draining shots from all over the pitch. Now after the last patch it is not as bad.

The reason I say this has to do with individual play of the players, aside from tactics. In most of the teams I face in SB there is a theme of one player or a few players. Say Sterling for example. In one case matched with a team of a few other golds, but mostly silvers and Bronze. Play on legendary or world class and he can not hit the broad side of a barn.

Then another game he is on a team with golds, but still just an 80 rated team, but is hitting every shot with extreme precision on Pro Level. You would think it would be reversed.

The other aspect is the make up and rating of your team that I think has an impact. I noticed with the Japan 11 team I used for the weekly challenge (all I pulled was a Keita... ugh) I played at pro and world class and it took me 5 matches, but noticed less of the fluctuations than if I used my 87 rated 100 chemistry team.

Yes I had to adjust my play a bit due to the capabilities of my squad, I understand. I really wish we all played the same teams for SBs... but I am guessing there is a reason why we do not as it would make any programming flaws more evident if players could compare notes.

In your example, if what EA says is accurate in that chemistry matters, you should not have had that problem. In other words the more complicated the tactics of the team, a lower chemistry would have a harder time being successful. Like having backers joining the attack. With a lower chemistry there is less of a chance of the midfield covering for defense with the back making the run. With a high chem, then the team should work better as a team and able to execute any custom tactics easily. If that makes sense...

I am not saying you are wrong, just that there appears to be more to it than just tactics. And that again is based on what EA said about chemistry and the in game hiccups, glitches, that are still evident.

@Pooter ... try playing with a lower rated team and see if you have the same issues. Even against any top rated squad. See if that changes your luck.
  • Zv1k0
    Waste of time

In your example, if what EA says is accurate in that chemistry matters, you should not have had that problem. In other words the more complicated the tactics of the team, a lower chemistry would have a harder time being successful. Like having backers joining the attack. With a lower chemistry there is less of a chance of the midfield covering for defense with the back making the run. With a high chem, then the team should work better as a team and able to execute any custom tactics easily. If that makes sense...

As I said before, AI's chemistry doesn't matter. As you can see from that picture, I have no problem with their attack. I barely concede any goals and it doesn't matter what chemistry or rating they have. AI in Fifa has been exploitable since forever and when you figure out how to defend and what works in attack, then and only then you see the difference.
    I played 37 SB games against Ultimate AI since the last patch and I can tell you that nothing, literally nothing matters except tactics, instructions and formation. That's all. Literally, that's all.

Their attack doesn't matter when you know exactly what to do to get the ball - for every team exactly the same. Defence matters. Formation matters. Tactics and instructions matter. I beat that 4th team 5-0 and I scored all goals in first half. Why? Because their formation was wide, which means there were only 3 midfielders I had to deal with, they weren't pressing me, and their man marking was non-existent.

That 2nd team was 4231. Every single man was in front of the ball. All CAMs were clearly on "come back on defence" and the same goes for their ST. They marked every run and they were also pressing me so my 3-man midfield vs their 6 man midfield, all pressing me. Good luck getting any goals. This was the hardest game I've ever played and it was one of the worst rating/chemistry teams you can get. I beat 100 chem 87 rated team with the same formation easily before.

Formation, tactics, instructions.
    Nothing else matters.
    Rank 1 player.
    Believe that.
  • BGAlum
    1216 posts Professional
    edited February 3
    Got it... you have the all the answers...

Thanks.

So proof that EA is full of $hit in basically anything they say...
    @Zv1k0 why the flipping animosity dude?

I am listening to what you are saying... I really am.... never mind.

You are a hell of a player and find it hard to believe that just tactics alone could cause a player as good as yourself that much problem if you have a superior team. But it that is all it is... then that is all it is.
  • FalconFan
    76 posts Park Captain
    edited February 3
    Chemistry does not matter in the game at all or just in Squad Battles?

I have seen a few folks flipping out if they can’t get their team to max chem...so it doesn’t matter after all?
  • Pooter

I have seen a few folks flipping out if they can’t get their team to max chem...so it doesn’t matter after all?

Not too sure, I have seen teams that are at chem 57. Either that or they don't know how to play the game

I have played with at least 94-99 and still won, maybe it really only matters at World Class, Legendary and Ultimate levels. But I have been beaten by a 60 rated with 16 chem at Ultimate level with 100 chem in my team
  • Zv1k0

I was talking about AI's chemistry.
  • FalconFan
    76 posts Park Captain
    Just being devil’s advocate here, but if you are only playing Ultimate as you have to in order to keep in the top 100 all the time, how you would know what those experience that play across the other difficulty levels experience?

• FalconFan
    76 posts Park Captain

I was talking about AI's chemistry.

Ahhh... Isn’t that technically the same AI for your team as well though?

• BGAlum
    1216 posts Professional
    edited February 3

I have no idea how chemistry works or if even affects AI. Last year, Ultimate AI was boosted to 99 so it really didn't matter. It feels like it's the same this year, haven't checked though. And if it does matter, that only affects their stats, not tactics. And their stats probably don't matter because like I said, they are boosted/nerfed depending on the difficulty you play on.

@Zv1k0 not trying to be a **** at all, but you went from this to an absolute thr later post. The response above is the cause of my response.

Again, great player not doubt from the results. So if you do not know how it impacts the game, then saying it is an absolute that does not logically follow.

Anyhow enjoy your top tier rewards. Well earned.

Edit- J erkyminus the y is filtered? Lord this site is going to pieces.

Post edited by BGAlum on
  • Pooter
    edited February 3
    Meh, not going to make E2 this week.

With one hour to go, I've got only 35k this week and its slippy fast. Had to play Pro AI this week with some spattering of World Class. Can only remember playing one Ultimate AI, and about two Legendary AI this week. Not good that they are upping the ante with the AI without telling us

I also see a lot of the top tier didn't manage to get top points either, its normally 145K, this time its 124k points
  • BGAlum
    1216 posts Professional
    Meh, not going to make E2 this week.

With one hour to go, I've got only 35k this week and its slippy fast. Had to play Pro AI this week with some spattering of World Class. Can only remember playing one Ultimate AI, and about two Legendary AI this week. Not good that they are upping the ante with the AI without telling us

I also see a lot of the top tier didn't manage to get top points either, its normally 145K, this time its 124k points

With just under a hour left at 35k you might still make E2 since the cutoff is at 33,900 ish points. I still have 4 games left and at 36k and not playing the rest.
  • Darfi02
    3413 posts National Call-Up
    I get E1 every week with games to spare but I play all on world class or legendary. I don't think chem matters on your team I had no striker at one point so had to use Ibra on 4 chem. I don't use instructions very often if at all. I'm quite fast at passing not sure if that makes a difference. I think there are games you are destined not to win. Sometimes it's just infuriating.