I've been hacked, 720k gone

Westhead94
150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Ive been hacked, I had 720k an hour ago. Went out for tea, came back and all coins gone, come back and got no coins and a sommer and Skriniar headliners cards that I didn't own sold for min buy now. What do i do? Spent cash on this

Comments

• lIlIlIlIlIl
    3585 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2
    How can you get "hacked" in 2019? Several layers of security, authenticator, secret keyword to access fut. Cmon man.
  • Westhead94
    How can you get "hacked" in 2018? Several layers of security, authenticator, secret keyword to access fut. Cmon man.

What do you mean come on man? Don't wind me up, I had 720k an hour ago and now I don't.
  • Latanaka
    911 posts Professional
    How can you get "hacked" in 2019? Several layers of security, authenticator, secret keyword to access fut. Cmon man.

Really, how can the german government be hacked?
  • Latanaka
    911 posts Professional
    edited February 2

Westhead94 wrote: »
    How can you get "hacked" in 2018? Several layers of security, authenticator, secret keyword to access fut. Cmon man.

What do you mean come on man? Don't wind me up, I had 720k an hour ago and now I don't.

Nonsense statement everything can be hacked, Iclouds from celebs, even the german governmemt got hacked
  • Primal
    4813 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2
    This is so wierd, I've logged onto my account 10 minutes ago and I've got an extra 720k :cookie: I am missing a sommer though.
    get onto ea chat, they should be able to see what ip was used on your account if you've been hacked, however it'll be a long process
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    Latanaka wrote: »

Really, how can the german government be hacked?

An actual hacker doesn't target a random FUT account to steal 700k.
  • Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero

There is actually an easy way to hack fut accounts, saw a load of incidents of it on Reddit

Basically hackers take advantage of the awful EA help chat and pretend they want to change passwords or something, and manage to trick them in to sending the reset
    code to the hackers email address instead.

Not exactly that but it’s something a long those lines
  • TheFreshOne3
    1099 posts Professional
    Hmmm what should I hack 🤔 an iCloud account, no, social media accounts, no, the government, no, the banks, no, security systems, no... AH I know, a random Fifa 19 account
  • Latanaka
    911 posts Professional
    Hmmm what should I hack 🤔 an iCloud account, no, social media accounts, no, the government, no, the banks, no, security systems, no... AH I know, a random Fifa 19 account

You kids have no clue a ton of youtubers/pros got hacked over the last years
  • Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/a3bu94/this_is_ea_support_for_you/

Here’s proof.

Edit: and another one

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/7ogsoe/ea_gave_my_account_to_a_hacker_i_need_lawyer/

Don’t be so smug guys when you have no idea what you’re talking about

Serious data breach from EA though
  • Latanaka
    911 posts Professional
    Momus wrote: »

There is actually an easy way to hack fut accounts, saw a load of incidents of it on Reddit

Basically hackers take advantage of the awful EA help chat and pretend they want to change passwords or something, and manage to trick them in to sending the reset

Exactly
  • lIlIlIlIlIl

What you describe isn't hacking. It's called phishing.
  • Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero

Semantics

They get access to someone’s account, and take their stuff. Result is the same
  • Latanaka
    911 posts Professional

Not phishing since you trick ea's support into giving you the credentials
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    "Phishing is the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by disguising as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing
  • Westhead94
    edited February 2

Semantics

They get access to someone’s account, and take their stuff. Result is the same

Get real,

Not phishing since you trick ea's support into giving you the credentials

Thanks for the help, not even taking these on
  • Westhead94
  • Latanaka
    911 posts Professional
    "Phishing is the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by disguising as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication."

I know bro, but EA s chat is giving the credentials away just like that, you probably dont need to phish
  • Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero

Fantastic. OP is a victim of Phishing then
  • BiigDee
    4527 posts National Call-Up
    There’s been a fair few cases of this lately
  • Latanaka
    911 posts Professional

Ffs EA probably gave them the Informations like alwaya and you are screwed
  • Donovan86
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    You went for dinner
    Tea is something you drink, unless you went for a cup of tea and got hacked
  • Latanaka
    911 posts Professional
    BiigDee wrote: »

Search up on Youtube and see how many big YT and Pros got hacked over the years.
  • Westhead94
    Donovan86 wrote: »
    You went for dinner
    Tea is something you drink, unless you went for a cup of tea and got hacked

Not where I'm from ha
  • Westhead94
    Ea chats response was sorry I can't see any suspicious activity on your account so your claim is denied
  • BiigDee
    4527 posts National Call-Up

Search up on Youtube and see how many big YT and Pros got hacked over the years.

I was hacked 4 years ago. I had no security set up though as I was fairly new to it all. I had it all back though and kept the coins my players were sold for.
  • Westhead94

I was hacked 4 years ago. I had no security set up though as I was fairly new to it all. I had it all back though and kept the coins my players were sold for.

How?
  • Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    Westhead94 wrote: »
    Ea chats response was sorry I can't see any suspicious activity on your account so your claim is denied

Have to keep trying, ring them, spam tweet EA.

Check out those reddit posts I linked too
  • Westhead94
    Thanks