442 any good?

uhMaZiiNq
11613 posts Has That Special Something
Making a cheap team so I can stack my coins since I’m not gonna be playing that much for now but building around Ibra and this seems to be the best way to stick alessandrini at RM. Just curious if this formation is solid enough to stay in, can of course just switch it in game if it’s not. This is the <200k team I have planned if anyone wants to suggest any changes as well. Ibra, alessandrini and goretzka will be on 8.

Jesus - Ibra
Sane - Fabinho - goretzka - Alessandrini
Telles - IF Militao - boateng - Da Costa
Neuer

Comments

• Carswell
    8269 posts League Winner
    edited February 4
    It’s very good IMO. That looks like a solid build and has the right combos. Big/little ST, tall beasts in CM, fast outside, tall fullbacks and good CBS, I preferred Hummels over Boateng and if you have a fast CB next to him he will be great.

Swearing is not permitted do not attempt to bypass the profanity filter ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • krakos000
    17470 posts World Class
    edited February 4
    Carswell wrote: »
    It’s very good IMO. That looks like a solid build and has the right combos. Big/little ST, tall beasts in CM, fast outside, tall fullbacks and good CBS, I preferred Hummels over Boateng and if you have a fast CB next to him he will be great.

I'm trying out the tactics @xciljw posted in other threads that you use also. First game it seems really really balanced and not as defensive as the tactics would have you believe.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31880 posts National Team Captain
    It’s good, but I wouldn’t have Fabinho as one of the CMs
  • uhMaZiiNq
    edited January 31

Got a few in mind? I can switch stuff around. I wanted to use this Scream Fellaini that I have but wasn’t sure who to put at striker in that case besides spending for IF Rashford (who I would love to know if he’s good because I will buy).

I liked the look of that Brazil lb-cb hyperlink but can take them out if necessary. Lb options look pretty bad though besides him, alaba and sandro
    @XxRichiexRichxX
  • uhMaZiiNq
    edited February 4

I’ll give hummels a try if I don’t like boateng for sure. I figured somebody like Sane would be nice at LM since he’s a lefty for some potential crosses to ibra and he’s tall, fast and physical so despite the poor defensive stats I’m sure he won’t be a complete liability. @Carswell
  • uhMaZiiNq
    Would cost like double the coins but could get IF rashford and martial to go with Scream fellaini for a triangle and get hummels and alaba and just run a full bundes backline
  • Paawky
    2585 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm loving 4-4-2(2)

Ibra Firmino
    Reus IF Delaney Fabinho Lucas
    Sandro Benatia Sanchez Valencia
    Lloris.

Ibra subs on obviously but it's awesome . Most success I've had this year
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31880 posts National Team Captain
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »
    It’s very good IMO. That looks like a solid build and has the right combos. Big/little ST, tall beasts in CM, fast **** outside, tall fullbacks and good CBS, I preferred Hummels over Boateng and if you have a fast CB next to him he will be great.

I’ll give hummels a try if I don’t like boateng for sure. I figured somebody like Sane would be nice at LM since he’s a lefty for some potential crosses to ibra and he’s tall, fast and physical so despite the poor defensive stats I’m sure he won’t be a complete liability. @Carswell

I use IF Sane at LM when I play 442 and he’s quality there.

Got a few in mind? I can switch stuff around. I wanted to use this Scream Fellaini that I have but wasn’t sure who to put at striker in that case besides spending for IF Rashford (who I would love to know if he’s good because I will buy).

I liked the look of that Brazil lb-cb hyperlink but can take them out if necessary. Lb options look pretty bad though besides him, alaba and sandro
    XxRichiexRichxX

I just prefer someone that’s more capable going forward at CM in a 442. When I did use Fabinho and swapped to 442 in game based on a formation my Oppo was using, I’d sub Fabinho out for 9G. My other CM is Ballack. Currently I use Rooney and Ballack as my CMs, so I have no need to sub out when I change. Fabinho is just poor on ball and terrible at passing
  • Baker
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    I use this, I find one playmaker and one defensive CM works well.
  • Keano
    13418 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 31
    I currently switch between 41212(2) & 4231 wide, but i'd be willing to try 442 i'm wondering would people think socrates 87 card/base be better in this positions than nif pogba? ... so my teams are this;

Using this formation;

Rooney - Ibra
    Rashford - Keane - Pogba/Socrates - Best
    Shaw - Lindelof - Bailly - Valencia
    DDG

(could also have Socrates at striker with Ibra & Rooney cm).

Rooney
    Futmas Rashford - FB Ibra - Prime Best
    Prime Keane - Pogba/Socrates base
    UCL Shaw - IF Lindelof - If Bailly 0- Futmas Valencia
    DDG

&

Rashford - Best
    Ibra
    Pogba/Socrates - Rooney
    Keane
    Shaw - lindelof - bailly - Valencia

Like I said, i havent used this formation yet thats why i'm adding my other 2 into the equation but willing to give it a try once I know peoples opinions (Socrates would get everyone on 10 chem, otherwise Ibra or rooney wil be 8).
  • uhMaZiiNq
    It’s very good IMO. That looks like a solid build and has the right combos. Big/little ST, tall beasts in CM, fast **** outside, tall fullbacks and good CBS, I preferred Hummels over Boateng and if you have a fast CB next to him he will be great.

I use IF Sane at LM when I play 442 and he’s quality there.

XxRichiexRichxX

I just prefer someone that’s more capable going forward at CM in a 442. When I did use Fabinho and swapped to 442 in game based on a formation my Oppo was using, I’d sub Fabinho out for 9G. My other CM is Ballack. Currently I use Rooney and Ballack as my CMs, so I have no need to sub out when I change. Fabinho is just poor on ball and terrible at passing

I definitely agree with you. I would rather somebody a little more well rounded although Fabinho is great defensively. In the few games I’ve used scream Fellaini he’s honestly been insane so maybe I’ll just bite the bullet and grab IF Rashford
  • uhMaZiiNq
    Keano wrote: »
    I currently switch between 41212(2) & 4231 wide, but i'd be willing to try 442 i'm wondering would people think socrates 87 card/base be better in this positions than nif pogba? ... so my teams are this;

Using this formation;

Rooney - Ibra
    DDG

Rooney
    DDG

&

Rashford - Best
    Ibra
    Pogba/Socrates - Rooney
    Keane

Like I said, i havent used this formation yet thats why i'm adding my other 2 into the equation but willing to give it a try once I know peoples opinions (Socrates would get everyone on 10 chem, otherwise Ibra or rooney wil be 8).

I can’t really comment but is Luke Shaw a quality LB?
  • Keano

Using this formation;

Rooney - Ibra
    DDG

Rooney
    DDG

&

Rashford - Best
    Ibra
    Pogba/Socrates - Rooney
    Keane

I can’t really comment but is Luke Shaw a quality LB?

@uhMaZiiNq

I wouldn't say quality if you're thinknig at the likes of Marcelo, Sandro etc... but if you look at the bog standard LB's the EPL has in fifa (Robertson prob being the best of the bunch, but even he looks nowhere near Sandro etc), so Shaw is one of a few that're the best of the bunch (below Robertson).

It's like the guys fighting for 7th in the Prem, best of the rest etc.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20951 posts Club Captain

Using this formation;

Rooney - Ibra
    DDG

Rooney
    DDG

&

Rashford - Best
    Ibra
    Pogba/Socrates - Rooney
    Keane

I was getting clapped when I had Socrates in CM last WL :lol: sold him and switched things around to salvage it
  • Keano
    edited February 1

Using this formation;

Rooney - Ibra
    DDG

Rooney
    DDG

&

Rashford - Best
    Ibra
    Pogba/Socrates - Rooney
    Keane

I was getting clapped when I had Socrates in CM last WL :lol: sold him and switched things around to salvage it

That's a no then, though how much of it was Socrates compared to you? There's a reason you're the people's mod instead of the peoples champ :trollface: @ORANGEeffect05

Edit:

I'll rephrase my question...

Would there be any icon better at cm alongside Prime Keane (FB Rooney I have atm that could do it or also thinking 87 Socrates but anyone below 900k really). If FB Rooney, is there any icon that'd be better at striker whilst rooney drops back for 900k or below?

Cheers.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20951 posts Club Captain

Using this formation;

Rooney - Ibra
    DDG

Rooney
    DDG

&

Rashford - Best
    Ibra
    Pogba/Socrates - Rooney
    Keane

That's a no then, though how much of it was Socrates compared to you? There's a reason you're the people's mod instead of the peoples champ :trollface: @ORANGEeffect05

Edit:

Would there be any icon better at cm alongside Prime Keane (FB Rooney I have atm that could do it or also thinking 87 Socrates but anyone below 900k really). If FB Rooney, is there any icon that'd be better at striker whilst rooney drops back for 900k or below?

Cheers.

Ended up salvaging G1 that weekend but he just wasn't suited in that midfield setup (only Matuidi really for the defensive duty). I think Rooney would compliment Keane well enough and would rather have a 4* skiller up top like 87 ADP ;)
  • Keano
    edited February 1

Using this formation;

Rooney - Ibra
    DDG

Rooney
    DDG

&

Rashford - Best
    Ibra
    Pogba/Socrates - Rooney
    Keane

Edit:

Cheers.

Ended up salvaging G1 that weekend but he just wasn't suited in that midfield setup (only Matuidi really for the defensive duty). I think Rooney would compliment Keane well enough and would rather have a 4* skiller up top like 87 ADP ;)

... You've got my attention friend, I literally just messaged @krakos000 saying you can't arguw with putting adp in your team as he's the goat :trollface: ... fml.

Edit: I'll do my first two games just to try my tactics out & will prob sell pogba & buy ADP then... but we'll see how that goes... 87 is the one ;)
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20951 posts Club Captain

Using this formation;

Rooney - Ibra
    DDG

Rooney
    DDG

&

Rashford - Best
    Ibra
    Pogba/Socrates - Rooney
    Keane

Edit:

Cheers.

... You've got my attention friend, I literally just messaged @krakos000 saying you can't arguw with putting adp in your team as he's the goat :trollface: ... fml.

il Capitano :heart:
  • Keano
    @ORANGEeffect05

3:49PM
    haha fair play mate, i mean you can never argue with bringing in adp ;) we all know he's a goat.

That's what I sent & when, you read my mind.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20951 posts Club Captain
    @ORANGEeffect05

haha fair play mate, i mean you can never argue with bringing in adp ;) we all know he's a goat.

0XjzcT.gif
  • Keano
    @ORANGEeffect05

0XjzcT.gif

Downfall to that is ADP would push one of; ADP/Best/Rashford or IBra to CM.. (I'm thinking Rashford, but if he gets POTM as a striker that completely changes). @ORANGEeffect05 Plus think I'm 50k off ADP atm, so might have to just get a solid cm or keep Pogba for now :D
  • uhMaZiiNq
    I only played a few games but I don’t think 442 is for me.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20951 posts Club Captain
    @ORANGEeffect05

0XjzcT.gif

Downfall to that is ADP would push one of; ADP/Best/Rashford or IBra to CM.. (I'm thinking Rashford, but if he gets POTM as a striker that completely changes). @ORANGEeffect05 Plus think I'm 50k off ADP atm, so might have to just get a solid cm or keep Pogba for now :D

CM? dafak
  • Keano
    @ORANGEeffect05

0XjzcT.gif

CM? dafak

if i had to change formation if 442 wasn't working for me is what I mean haha.

Like my other 2 formations are 4231 & 41212, in the 41212 one of them would have to go to CM, which wouldn't work, but in a normal 442 it'd be fine... but i'm thinking i may need someone that can play cm/cam/st.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20951 posts Club Captain
    @ORANGEeffect05

0XjzcT.gif

CM? dafak

Like my other 2 formations are 4231 & 41212, in the 41212 one of them would have to go to CM, which wouldn't work, but in a normal 442 it'd be fine... but i'm thinking i may need someone that can play cm/cam/st.

Ah gotcha lol yea I have Firmino currently for CM/CAM versatility. Find him really useful as an outside mid next to two more defensively capable mids.
  • Keano
    @ORANGEeffect05

0XjzcT.gif

CM? dafak

Ah gotcha lol yea I have Firmino currently for CM/CAM versatility. Find him really useful as an outside mid next to two more defensively capable mids.

Well I have Rashford, Best, Ibra, Rooney & then that Pogba role someone would take.. ADP would be a great player to have, but it's more is it what I need? (as much as i'd love him), plus I know if Rashford gets a POTM i'd get that asap... (though if it was lindelof i'd swap the IF out for him).