Shooting on the new patch is broken - EA FIX THIS MESS!

MHoney1234
7079 posts Big Money Move
edited February 10
Aim in the corner - straight at the keeper.

lol18m.jpeg

Aim top bin - wide

1f9jcvnv7.jpeg

8 yards out, head on target with a player who has 99 heading accuracy and it goes wide

rjpo75rhbr.jpeg

I won this game 1-0. My opponent had ZERO shots on target. Just packed the box. It was painful. My goal? A 30 yard, top bin, timed shot with Ballack.

lmttleu.jpeg

The most painful 12 mins of my life. I thought I was playing squad battles at one point. To all the threads bashing timed finesse/finishing players, I ask you, what’s the point breaking down the AI defence, if your shots are not going where directed? These are not bronze players. These are 90+ finishing 90+ composure players. The shooting on this game is beyond awful. I’m done for this patch, that game broke me. See you in Fifa 19.3

Post edited by MHoney1234 on

Comments

• Forum* mate

Funny you take time to mark out your club name but dont bother giving opponent same anonymity benefit 😂
  • MHoney1234
    Bbkyle wrote: »
    you won 1-0. so happy days. but instead you took 4 screenshots and came on here to have a moan... sort your life out. times finesses are finished. get over it, it makes the game better.just because it was the only thing you could do doesn't mean everyone else likes it.

Wow! I won 1-0 after getting 4 clear chances and the ball going no where near where aimed. The Ibra shot (number 2) was timed and went wide.

Nerfed timed shooting - fair enough. Keeping OP AI - fair enough. But why the **** are shots aimed on target 10 yards from goal going wide? They should fly in 9/10. The game is unbalanced. They’ve nerfed all shooting, but making the AI block like wild dogs. You think this is how the game should be?
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    Bbkyle wrote: »
    you won 1-0. so happy days. but instead you took 4 screenshots and came on here to have a moan... sort your life out. times finesses are finished. get over it, it makes the game better.just because it was the only thing you could do doesn't mean everyone else likes it.

Ehhh i’m glad he speaks his mind. Isn’t that the idea of a form? And he is right. If you aim at th corner it should go into the corner, Not straight. And timed shots wasn’t created by us, i think EA created that. Just because people got good at it doesn’t meen you need to remove it. If people got really good at using all the buttons on a controller you dont remove the X botton on it do you? Just to help out the people who cant figure it out.

Spot on mate.
  • MHoney1234
    edited February 1
    LiveDogs wrote: »
    Forum* mate

Funny you take time to mark out your club name but dont bother giving opponent same anonymity benefit 😂

It’s because my team name the same as my PSN - hackers man! I need to change it. His wasn’t the same as his PSN, hence why it was left.

Your nan stocked the fridge?
  • balErik
    913 posts Semi-Pro
    The finishing is a joke. I did a regular finesse shot from the penalty spot yesterday and he missed the goal.
  • MHoney1234
    balErik wrote: »
    The finishing is a joke. I did a regular finesse shot from the penalty spot yesterday and he missed the goal.

Did the same with KDB. Miles wide.
  • madwullie
    3295 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah I just had a grim 15 minutes too. Ended up beaten as I just don't have the skills to break down ptb and he got me on the counter. Guy was division 5 standard at best. I'm div 3 1950 SP but I've never been able to break the ai defending with any consistency. Usual story, 20+ shots, vast majority of possession etc.

I think a lot of average players will have a similar problem and will get frustrated quickly. Its been an issue since the start but definitely seems worse since this week's patch.

I've never used TF btw as the most cursory glance at my post history will show. I also welcomed this patch but its made the game more frustrating. Can still be fixed with an AI nerfing patch, but at some point they're going to have to just leave the game as it is and hopefully learn some lessons for next year.
  • bigpokey24
    4756 posts Big Money Move
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

lol18m.jpeg

Aim top bin - wide

1f9jcvnv7.jpeg

8 yards out, head on target with a player who has 99 heading accuracy and it goes wide

rjpo75rhbr.jpeg

I won this game 1-0. My opponent had ZERO shots on target. Just packed the box. It was painful. My goal? A 30 yard, top bin, timed shot with Ballack.

hrf6tdtyc5tx.jpeg

The most painful 12 mins of my life. I thought I was playing squad battles at one point. To all the threads bashing timed finesse/finishing players, I ask you, what’s the point breaking down the AI defence, if your shots are not going where directed? These are not bronze players. These are 90+ finishing 90+ composure players. The shooting on this game is beyond awful. I’m done for this patch, that game broke me. See you in Fifa 19.3

Let's get this straight, you covered your name , but left your opponent's all over the forum to name shame? Really?
  • Headshrinker363
    4295 posts National Call-Up
    9 tackles in 90 mins!
  • Zakury
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The fact your opponent made 4 tackles when he was playing so defensively is the problem, just relying on AI to block and intercept.

Before the patch these guys would be demolished 5-0 by edge-of-box finesse shots because they do nothing but drop back. Now it's a boring grind of who can get a lucky goal and park the bus first.

Game is flawed.
  • Primal
    3845 posts National Call-Up

lol18m.jpeg

Aim top bin - wide

1f9jcvnv7.jpeg

rjpo75rhbr.jpeg

hrf6tdtyc5tx.jpeg

Your so right mate. You spend all that time breaking someone down who has no skill and just let the ai defend for them but when you do get past their defence the shot doesn't go where you aim it or the gk saves it, such a little skill gap now.

The shot aiming does my head in, it cost me 28 wins a couple weeks ago as I lost two games on pens that I dominated and missed numerous easy chances like this, you watch the replay and your on the players strong foot, aiming towards the corner/or even middle of the goal with no pressure and it goes wide. How can you have that much RNG.
  • MHoney1234
    bigpokey24 wrote: »

lol18m.jpeg

Aim top bin - wide

1f9jcvnv7.jpeg

rjpo75rhbr.jpeg

hrf6tdtyc5tx.jpeg

Let's get this straight, you covered your name , but left your opponent's all over the forum to name shame? Really?

Dude, I’ve already pointed out my reasons, my PSN is the same as my team name, his wasn’t. I’ve now changed it. He packed the box, fair play to him, that’s a useful way of playing in this patch.

I’ve not shamed anyone, my issue is with the mechanics, not the player. I’m not sure why you need to be the way you are? You’re exactly the same in the PS4 section.
  • Dazza5780
    346 posts Sunday League Hero
    madwullie wrote: »
    Yeah I just had a grim 15 minutes too. Ended up beaten as I just don't have the skills to break down ptb and he got me on the counter. Guy was division 5 standard at best. I'm div 3 1950 SP but I've never been able to break the ai defending with any consistency. Usual story, 20+ shots, vast majority of possession etc.

I think a lot of average players will have a similar problem and will get frustrated quickly. Its been an issue since the start but definitely seems worse since this week's patch.

I've never used TF btw as the most cursory glance at my post history will show. I also welcomed this patch but its made the game more frustrating. Can still be fixed with an AI nerfing patch, but at some point they're going to have to just leave the game as it is and hopefully learn some lessons for next year.

This some's I up for me too mate. I love playing the game but haven't got the time to learn as I have limited time due to family & work commitments.

I've played 6 games since the patch dominated possession & shots only scored 1 in each game. Resulting in 3 wins and 3 draws. Gonna be a slog this WL
  • MHoney1234

The amount of AI super blocks is crazy.

9 tackles in 90 mins!

Haha I know man. In fairness to the guy I played, I wouldn’t press tackle either, you know what it leads too. Boing, boing. :joy:
    Zakury wrote: »
    The fact your opponent made 4 tackles when he was playing so defensively is the problem, just relying on AI to block and intercept.

Before the patch these guys would be demolished 5-0 by edge-of-box finesse shots because they do nothing but drop back. Now it's a boring grind of who can get a lucky goal and park the bus first.

Game is flawed.

Agree with this 100% mate. It’s an actual grind.
    Primal wrote: »

lol18m.jpeg

Aim top bin - wide

1f9jcvnv7.jpeg

rjpo75rhbr.jpeg

hrf6tdtyc5tx.jpeg

Your so right mate. You spend all that time breaking someone down who has no skill and just let the ai defend for them but when you do get past their defence the shot doesn't go where you aim it or the gk saves it, such a little skill gap now.

The shot aiming does my head in, it cost me 28 wins a couple weeks ago as I lost two games on pens that I dominated and missed numerous easy chances like this, you watch the replay and your on the players strong foot, aiming towards the corner/or even middle of the goal with no pressure and it goes wide. How can you have that much RNG.

This is the problem. Ok I can actually handle the fact they’ve nerfed finesse, they’ve also made the AI OP, but what I can’t handle is when we finally break through 8 AI controlled players on steroids and a crab walking GK, the ball doesn’t go where it’s aimed. That game destroyed my soul.
  • maksi
    6385 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 1
    But why the **** are shots aimed on target 10 yards from goal going wide? They should fly in 9/10. The game is unbalanced.
    because RNG is hardcoded in fifa

the way this game is coded if opponent has high rated goalkeeper your players will shoot worse because of it not GK being actually better

• madwullie
    3295 posts National Call-Up
    And again beaten 3-1 by a guy that didn't even touch his cbs all game. Guy had red pogba, red salah, red vvd, obviously a really good player and definitely much better than me.

Problem for me is that a lot of these good players are actually only any good going forward, but the game makes them feel like world champs because it defends for them.
  • Primal
    3845 posts National Call-Up
    maksi wrote: »
    But why the **** are shots aimed on target 10 yards from goal going wide? They should fly in 9/10. The game is unbalanced.
    because RNG is hardcoded in fifa

the way this game is coded if opponent has high rated goalkeeper your players will shoot worse because of it not GK being actually better

That's bs, the gk rating has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the aiming of a shot. God GD is hillarious.
  • Alex_cr
    3687 posts National Call-Up
    And again beaten 3-1 by a guy that didn't even touch his cbs all game. Guy had red pogba, red salah, red vvd, obviously a really good player and definitely much better than me.

Problem for me is that a lot of these good players are actually only any good going forward, but the game makes them feel like world champs because it defends for them.

The problem is they are good at defending - just not how we know it. Clearly the best way to defend is to use your midfielders as a shield and use the AI. I’m not going to learn it though because i find it boring. Yeah it’ll impact on my results but I can’t let a game play for me. I’m the same in any racing game - why would I want all the aids on? Others just want the W.
  • maksi
    edited February 1
    That's bs, the gk rating has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the aiming of a shot. God GD is hillarious.
    it has all to do with end result with shooting, it's aiming+players stats+gk stats, it's not real time physics, when you shoot it's already been decided if it's going in or not

• JURITO1000
    1357 posts Professional
  • Headshrinker363
    4295 posts National Call-Up

9 tackles in 90 mins!

Haha I know man. In fairness to the guy I played, I wouldn’t press tackle either, you know what it leads too. Boing, boing. :joy:

Game is flawed.

lol18m.jpeg

Aim top bin - wide

1f9jcvnv7.jpeg

rjpo75rhbr.jpeg

hrf6tdtyc5tx.jpeg

This is the problem. Ok I can actually handle the fact they’ve nerfed finesse, they’ve also made the AI OP, but what I can’t handle is when we finally break through 8 AI controlled players on steroids and a crab walking GK, the ball doesn’t go where it’s aimed. That game destroyed my soul.

You had most of the ball and made more tackles, enuf said!
  • maksi
    You have to use manual if you don't want game manipulate your input.
  • BiigDee
    4322 posts National Call-Up
    Made a thread yesterday about these 1v1 situations and it’s not right. I was hounded for expecting to score every 1 but that isn’t the case. It takes time and some skill to break these players down only to be robbed by something that’s already against you. My case was trying to roll a ball in the bottom corner with hardly any power and it flew off the crossbar, I didn’t aim there let alone power up that much. Couple that with the shots that just don’t go where aimed then something ain’t right.

If your playing the game, not sitting back and abusing the Al I beleive you should be more rewarded. To not use your Defense and win should never be the case.
  • MHoney1234
    edited February 1

9 tackles in 90 mins!

Game is flawed.

lol18m.jpeg

Aim top bin - wide

1f9jcvnv7.jpeg

rjpo75rhbr.jpeg

hrf6tdtyc5tx.jpeg

You had most of the ball and made more tackles, enuf said!

I played one more game mate.

Here is why you don’t tackle, you’re playing with a beach ball. Conceded more goals from clean tackles than at any other type.

Sturridge - 2* weak foot. 20 yards out. Non timed shot. Top corner. What?!!!

uznnnu.jpeg

Then TOTY Ronaldo - right foot, took a touch, aimed in the corner. MILES WIDE.

pns8lkahuqo.jpeg

I lost 2-1 to those two goals. I needed that second game to confirm the first one wasn’t a one off. The game is a disgrace
  • MHoney1234
    JURITO1000 wrote: »

Ouch!
  • BiigDee
    4322 posts National Call-Up
    There’s clear proof right there and we need answers pal.
  • MHoney1234
    BiigDee wrote: »
    There’s clear proof right there and we need answers pal.

Definitely mate. It’s sucked the fun out of the game. You’re crossing fingers every time you get a clear chance.
  • Mrhey31
    968 posts Professional
    balErik wrote: »

Yeah its a Joke 17 shots on target last game i played. Lost 2-1... Total BS... EA i really hate you .. why do you do this... i’m joining the I quit this game team. Bye until next patch