Cashed out and quit

Comments

• CFCHenri
    3397 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 1
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    My little brother who never used timed finishing has stopped playing since the patch came on Tuesday. He also rarely did finesses. He got fed up with people playing drop back, 1 depth and counter-attacking, conceding crosses all game. Usually he sells his team and builds a new one, everytime after a bad spell. It's been 3 days in a row and he's not playing the game.

This patch is that bad.

It's weird how everybody has been playing AI defence/drop back/1 depth for months and he never used timed finesse, but only since timed finesse has been nerfed he's suddenly fed up, huh?

Hell of a coincidence.

1 depthhhhhh, Drop backkkkkk?? (Soulja Boy voice) People were playing minimum 4 depth, constant pressure where did you get your that from? Also my brother loved 4-1-2-1-2 playing 2 strikers pacey and agile strikers. Back before the patch being stupid to play 1 depth was just asking for timed finesse shots, come on man don't lie.
  • smcali23
    1226 posts Professional
    Tbh first games after a patch always feel like this. I did however give one whole patch a miss because of a day's play. Funnily enough my pack luck was insane when I came back.
  • SuperKMx
    474 posts Sunday League Hero
    My little brother who never used timed finishing has stopped playing since the patch came on Tuesday. He also rarely did finesses. He got fed up with people playing drop back, 1 depth and counter-attacking, conceding crosses all game. Usually he sells his team and builds a new one, everytime after a bad spell. It's been 3 days in a row and he's not playing the game.

This patch is that bad.

It's weird how everybody has been playing AI defence/drop back/1 depth for months and he never used timed finesse, but only since timed finesse has been nerfed he's suddenly fed up, huh?

Hell of a coincidence.

1 depthhhhhh, Drop backkkkkk?? (Soulja Boy voice) People were playing minimum 4 depth, constant pressure where did you get your that from? Also my brother loved 4-1-2-1-2 playing 2 strikers pacey and agile strikers. Back before the patch being stupid to play 1 depth was just asking for timed finesse shots, come on man don't lie.

I'm not lying. I'm talking from my own experience, where my opponents would have 7 players in or on the edge of their own box by the time I even got into their half. They were usually running back to tackle with their striker or CAM at that point, too.

Maybe I was just matching up against people who were playing deep, but pretty much every match felt like I was facing a wall of defenders. It honestly feels the same to me as it always did.
  • Crossing really wouldn’t be an issue if defenders actually cleared the ball when you press clear rather than having a seizure and **** down their leg for an own goal or tap-in
  • Jfo88
    22598 posts Club Captain
    They have actually figured out a way to make this game worse :joy: how do they do it
  • DadBod
    6265 posts Big Money Move
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    I tried to tell everyone but all you guys did was call me a times finesse abuser. I KNEW this was going to happen.

Oh yeah it was you, I forgot. Which console are you on? And sorry bro, but you have a complain thread every 2 days, I didn’t take you seriously.

I complain about the same thing. AI defending, that’s it. At the core of every complaint it’s that. I’m on ps4

I heard there will be a new, special african card. You’ll love the game again.
  • JayyThunder
    4264 posts Big Money Move
    Played a few games with my 3412 team. Actually had fun. Played a trash 4231 guy who just sat back. I won 1-0 but 3412 just spreads everything out and makes the game open so idc. And I'm playing with every player I like so that makes a difference.
  • smcali23
    1226 posts Professional
    DadBod wrote: »
    I tried to tell everyone but all you guys did was call me a times finesse abuser. I KNEW this was going to happen.

Oh yeah it was you, I forgot. Which console are you on? And sorry bro, but you have a complain thread every 2 days, I didn’t take you seriously.

I complain about the same thing. AI defending, that’s it. At the core of every complaint it’s that. I’m on ps4

Please tell me the history behind this comment before I jump to conclusions
  • Xguti002
    1998 posts Fans' Favourite
    Won’t learning skill moves help? I’ve been using skillful players and practicing my skill moves as that’s one of the only ways to break an opponent’s OP AI defense. Once you start going through your opponent seems to rush with his defenders and tends to play defend more aggressively leaving open spots in the defense.
  • JayyThunder
    4264 posts Big Money Move

African* you capitalize that "A" if you're going to make fun of me. And unless it's Kwadwo or an African in ligue 1, I'm not going to care, that's my main team.
  • Adrian095
    33892 posts National Team Captain

Rassist
  • I have never crossed the ball! I always finished my attack inside the box! But the problem I have is delay and my players moonwalking! It is like they are taking 3-4 steps away from the ball! I wonder if you guys experience something like that?
  • Jonboyparker
    5275 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 1
    Retro_G wrote: »

This patch is that bad.

Hell of a coincidence.

The majority of good players were using 4 depth, above before the patch, because you wanted to close down the area just outside the box that lead to timed finnese finishes from range. Sitting too deep would give loads of space for long range finishing. I rarely conceded timed finesse shots before the patch, it was only the first time finesse shots that i would struggle to defend.

Bang on the money. People were too reliant on AI defending (even more now). That's why they conceded timed finesse shots. I'm not even good at the game but i could work out closing down the shot taker with a defenders was the answer.

I conceding normal finesse shots because i was out of position and timed finesse only 1/3 games (not no look first time shots - they needed to go!). It really wasn't rocket science. Most of the goals i conceded were break away goals. EA even let you see if the opposition had timed finishing on so you could adjust.

Granted if i came up again someone way above my skill level i got annihilated but that's fair. I have no complaints.

It was only first time shots they needed to nerf, and maybe reducing the distance all finesse shots could be taken. I'm all for making the timed finesse shots harder and narrowing the window but now you cant finesse a shot in when through on at goal after breaking the defensive line... A shot id like to point out is taken 9/10 times in real life.

Why cant players just play to their stats? KDB should be hitting the target when in space and KANTE shouldn't. Its pretty simple
  • Futfanatic
    12455 posts Has That Special Something

This patch is that bad.

Hell of a coincidence.
    People weren’t doing that as much because they were afraid of getting finessed to destruction. They were further up the pitch and making sure you didn’t get space in front of the box. Only people that are used to tell lies themselves have trouble believing others.
  • KRANG00
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gave it another chance last night and played the most games i have this year.

Won 6 and drew the 7th before turning it off, everyone on Depth 1/Drop back with 10 men behind the ball.

It's not a case of not being able to adapt to all the people say we need to stop moaning and adapt, it's about the game being boring, alongside all the other **** you get during a game.
  • kayron16
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tbf yesterday I played 433 on balanced/balanced with 5 depth and only the striker to stay forward. There were points in some of the matches where my team looked like it was 1 depth. Think EA need to work on these tactics because some of them don’t do ****
  • Chet
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The community in general has always been winning>fun, this year in particular you’re almost forced into playing to win at all costs.

Take away TF, people have reverted to the standard AI/Drop Back tactic. EA will no doubt do something to nerf those too, but something else will be abused. There will always be another mechanic that people take advantage of. The Fifa community is just too far gone at this point.

In terms of the patch, it’s a step forward, but with how people want to play(Drop back/AI) the game is so boring.
  • bigpokey24
    4792 posts Big Money Move
    What's all these drop back nonsense...please play that against me
  • browney1888
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    What's all these drop back nonsense...please play that against me

we seen your videos you uploaded mate.... remember??

you carry on charging about with your cdm :D
  • RGib1990
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Played 3 games of rivals last night, completely agree with fanatic.
  • Kouli06
    1580 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Futfanatic
    I have just done the exact same thing today.
    Finally played last night after the patch as I’ve been busy at home.
    And ohhhh my **** Jesus Christ!
    Everything I came up against was depth 1-2, drop back and long bal.
    Constantly had 8-9 players all behind the ball in defence. And obviously no one was even trying to control their defence.

I even accidentally experienced how OP the AI defence is myself.
    The last game I played I was losing 2-1 in the 54th min, and getting nowhere.
    My wife phoned me to help bring the shopping up as she had just got back.
    I thought yea ok I’m getting nowhere in this match, so I put an elastic band on the thumb sticks to make it think I was still playing. At least I’d still get some rival points this way.
    After getting the shopping in I was expecting to see 4-1, 5-1 or something like that. Instead I saw my opponent desperately trying to get past my defence in what was now the 85th min and still 2-1 😂
    Honestly beyond a joke.

Selling everything today and just staying with an untradable team just so I have something to play with if the urge arises but I’m definitely going to be spending a lot less time of Fifa 😔
  • Futfanatic
    Kouli06 wrote: »
    @Futfanatic
    Constantly had 8-9 players all behind the ball in defence. And obviously no one was even trying to control their defence.

I thought yea ok I’m getting nowhere in this match, so I put an elastic band on the thumb sticks to make it think I was still playing. At least I’d still get some rival points this way.
    After getting the shopping in I was expecting to see 4-1, 5-1 or something like that. Instead I saw my opponent desperately trying to get past my defence in what was now the 85th min and still 2-1 😂
    Honestly beyond a joke.

Selling everything today and just staying with an untradable team just so I have something to play with if the urge arises but I’m definitely going to be spending a lot less time of Fifa 😔

Yeah @Kouli06 this was my experience as well, sad to hear it. If you want to sell your team, do it before the promo starts tonight, you never know what EA come up with that will crash the market.
  • Flamstead
    2824 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have zero problems with teams wanting to play drop back, 1 depth etc etc, the BIG ISSUE I have is that negative tactics should have negative consequences and it just doesn't.

If you put 9 men behind the ball, when you are spamming the clearance button it shouldn't turn into a through ball. Its a joke.

People talk about teams in real life putting every man behind the ball, this is true but what does that result in 9 times out of 10? A loss BUT NO not in Fifa.

• Xxcdhxx
    79 posts Park Captain
    And why exactly are you still here...
  • Bbkyle
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    i bet none of you have really "cashed out and quit" just the same old faces talking the same old smack. see you on WL this weekend.
  • Kouli06
    1580 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kouli06 wrote: »
    @Futfanatic

Honestly beyond a joke.

Yeah @Kouli06 this was my experience as well, sad to hear it. If you want to sell your team, do it before the promo starts tonight, you never know what EA come up with that will crash the market.

@Futfanatic yea I’m selling them now.
    Works very dead because of the weather.

I’m honestly not even bothered with the new promos (6 new types of card to come or what ever it is)
    Just feels like this whole Fifa has been a massive cash grab for EA and a middle finger to us.

Don’t me wrong I will still be playing as I will need my football fix. Just won’t be playing anywhere near as much as I use to.
  • Futfanatic
    Don’t get baited by the childish remarks people, just ignore it.
  • OZero
    4970 posts Big Money Move
    A

Genuine question. Did you sell?
  • Futfanatic
    OZero wrote: »
    A

ql80ki59.jpeg
  • OZero
    4970 posts Big Money Move
    OZero wrote: »
    A

ql80ki59.jpeg

Lol got it