Cashed out and quit

Comments

• Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is what i feared would happen.
    Havent played a game yet tho but ill give wl a shot and if its as bad as people have been saying its time to quit this game.
  • Jonboyparker
    5285 posts Big Money Move
    Registered for WL. It’s going to be hell. I’m not bothered about where I finish... I’m really interested to see how bad the PTB is?

I played 5 online singles today and OMG it’s a sweat fest in there too. Isn’t it meant to be friendly?
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    edited January 31
    Registered for WL. It’s going to be hell. I’m not bothered about where I finish... I’m really interested to see how bad the PTB is?

I played 5 online singles today and OMG it’s a sweat fest in there too. Isn’t it meant to be friendly?

Even H2H is a sweat fest and there's no rewards involved!
  • JayyThunder
    4360 posts Big Money Move
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Ben wrote: »
    I just decided today that I'm just not going to care and play 3412 (my favorite formation) and if I win, I win, if I lose I lose.

It took you this long to figure this out? Hopefully the constant complaining threads will end.

He's been at it for a decade, hehe.

Nothing like taking the mickey out @JayyThunder even if he’s right 😂

@lIlIlIlIlIl @Ben
    Thanks guys lol

• mdizzl3
    12410 posts Has That Special Something
    Been on tonight. 2 games played. That's enough for this week. What a load of garbage. The game promotes the most ridiculous play styles.
  • DIXON THFC
    2483 posts Fans' Favourite
    Feel like I'm the only one enjoying this new patch, had loads of draws but high scoring ones... I changed formation maybe people should try something different?
  • GL86
    93 posts Park Captain
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    Been on tonight. 2 games played. That's enough for this week. What a load of garbage. The game promotes the most ridiculous play styles.

Totally agree will not be playing this weekend at all. Played 2 games also both PTB and run around with CDM.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Same with me. I played two and I was done.
  • mdizzl3
    12410 posts Has That Special Something
    AFC_95 wrote: »

Same with me. I played two and I was done.

It's so boring
  • BondJame5Collins
    457 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They change the gameplay so people have to adjust their teams. Most players are/were happy with their teams by this time, they are close to their end game team, hence less packs are getting opened. How do EA fix this? By changing the game, making players frustrated and rage sale their team to make a new one, only to get hit with EA Tax. It's both disgusting and brilliant.
  • Jonboyparker
    5285 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 31
    AFC_95 wrote: »

Even H2H is a sweat fest and there's no rewards involved!

I quit all 5. It’s crazy. There’s nothing to okay for other than trying new things out. I only went in to try some different players and tactics. I get greater with time wasting, dabbing, passing around the back and counter. Winning doesn’t matter!!!
  • realbrutal
    987 posts Professional
    so At this rate in Fifa 20 we won’t have timed finish but another whole new way of shooting and this will be toned down/ removed half way down the line?

This is really bad practice by ea. You can’t just change a game half way through it. No common sense whatsoever sorry to say this ea. If you want to make big changes at least make it at the start of a new game. End of
  • JamesH
    454 posts An Exciting Prospect
    All they need to do is make 1v1 reliable atm you get punished for breaking through teams. Finesse go wide or keeper moves or low drivens go wide or stopped by feet. No clear way to score. 1v1 has to become better.
  • realbrutal
    987 posts Professional
    JamesH wrote: »
    All they need to do is make 1v1 reliable atm you get punished for breaking through teams. Finesse go wide or keeper moves or low drivens go wide or stopped by feet. No clear way to score. 1v1 has to become better.

Yes your correct and more easier to score for top rated player

• Recoba
    3827 posts National Call-Up
    Quit = delete club
  • Glass0nion
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    Timed finishing is one of the worst additions to fifa to date imo.

That said this is the worst gameplay ive experienced since non stop lob through balls and goals from kickoff.

The defensive AI are ridiculous and do to much.

They really took the game away from the user this year.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5351 posts Big Money Move
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Toshevv wrote: »
    I said last week after trying the PC version that this patch would kill the game. They nerfed timed finesse, they even nerfed normal finesse and have blatantly buffed the AI. Watching the AI run, sprint, tackle and block every shot is something I’ve never seen in Fifa to these extremes.

Zero user input defending, block, 3 pass counters to concede goals. Please get help if you’re thinking about buying points for this disgrace of game. We had a glimmer of hope on 1.05, but since then it’s been lie after lie. Telling us they haven’t touched AI defending. Not only have they buffed it, but also made first touches and dribbling in the box worse.

@MHoney1234

I have lost all hope in that company.. Have you ever seen a big budget game releasing patches without beta test?

We are not talking about simple fix patch? A patch that bassicaly makes the game unplayable and ruins half the players. On top of it everyone that did FB Ibra has a big big edge...

Have you seen the youtubers? Ibra on the wing with mbappe crossing to ronaldo... Actually Mbappe crosses to both Ibra and Ronaldo...

I swear "he blocked the shot" is the most common thing I ever heard.. Try finessing in the box for a goal when he charges ur attacker... He go for throw in... Just be prepare to press GK charging play 1 depth and destroy your opponent nerves..

It’s embarrasing.

RIP to Prime Zanetti owners ( @deang07 ) with his 50 jumping he might as well be a bronze - he’s gonna get peppered.

I have Ronaldo and Ibra at CAM now. So difficult to stop

Disclaimer: I don't have 100 Maldinis for sale, I don't trade; I'm more of a "spend money on FPs kind of guy".

Anyway, after the new patch, I played around 15 games yesterday and nearly stopped playing altogether because of the new Crossing/El Tornado tactic followed by backpost headed goals by Ronaldo, Kane, Mandzukic and Co.

As a last resort, I researched tall LBs/RBs and came across 6' 1" 88 Maldini; I slapped a "Sentinel" Chem on him and, By God, he is a Giant-killer! He has stopped all the backpost crosses and totally negates the giant strikers with power headers.

Generally, players seem to have a preference to cross from one-side, so, I move Maldini in-game to RB, if required.

TLDR: Get 88 Maldini (LB) (v.cheap icon ca. 600k) and nuke the new OP Meta Crossing/El Tornado > headers!

If you’re fullbacks are not 6ft plus with good jumping. RIP

True...got rid of SIF Sandro, TOTY Marcelo, FB Dani Alves - Now, I'm rocking LB 88 Maldini, TOTY Van Dijk, TOTY Varane and the weak link RB OTW Joao Cancelo.

Toty marcelo wins almost every header for me. I use anchor. So that helps. He is untradeable. So I guess if it becomes a problem I’ll have to figure out a way to play him at cdm.
  • kayron16
    2220 posts Fans' Favourite
    The real question is are you still going to be spamming refresh at 6pm on the SBCs to post what comes out everyday?
  • limjitwe
    6805 posts Big Money Move
    I just decided today that I'm just not going to care and play 3412 (my favorite formation) and if I win, I win, if I lose I lose.

That’s the spirit. That’s what I’m doing. I’ll not PTB!!! @JayyThunder
  • kayron16
    2220 posts Fans' Favourite
    On a serious note. I’ve been getting destroyed last few days since patch came out. Not sure why but my team feels sluggish and difficult to keep the ball while my opponent is all over me. When I do hold the ball for long enough there’s a wall of players in front but when they get the ball im wide open. Going to play through it and see what’s going on.
  • TheFreshOne3
    1099 posts Professional
    You all survived previous fifa’s without timed finishing, it came out, you got attached to it so much you relied solely on it for “fun”, EA realised just how stupid and overpowered it was and saw players beating people with it without having any skill and wanted to turn the tides for a bit and wondered if you timed finish lovers could actually play the game without it, within hours you all moan like kids ”I’m quitting” “I’m done” “I’m selling my whole team”. And you’ll keep playing it, realising your empty threats mean nothing and that EA doesn’t care what is said on the forums, but you all feel good and better about yourselves ranting on here so you can sleep better.
  • SuperKMx
    531 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 1
    You all survived previous fifa’s without timed finishing, it came out, you got attached to it so much you relied solely on it for “fun”, EA realised just how stupid and overpowered it was and saw players beating people with it without having any skill and wanted to turn the tides for a bit and wondered if you timed finish lovers could actually play the game without it, within hours you all moan like kids ”I’m quitting” “I’m done” “I’m selling my whole team”. And you’ll keep playing it, realising your empty threats mean nothing and that EA doesn’t care what is said on the forums, but you all feel good and better about yourselves ranting on here so you can sleep better.

Oh, no, no, you have it wrong! They didn't get attached to timed finishing. In fact, none of them even touched it, as it felt overpowered and was confusing to them. HONEST!

They haven't fallen down a whole DR division in a week because they suddenly can't score from anywhere in the opponents' half with the CR7 and/or Mbappe and/or Hazard they definitely didn't get during a lightning round (because screw FIFA Points - only trading is the pure route. Am I right, guys? GUYS?)

They're losing because the game is just SO SLOW now and they're getting bored of trying to outplay their opponent. They aren't upset that timed finesse has been toned down and AI defending absolutely has not changed in months. They're upset because there's only a few goals in a game, rather than every match being a 5-4 finesse slugfest, and that's boring and not anything like real life football. Don't forget! They all LOVE FOOTBALL, so they know this is the truth. No real-life match ever ends 0-0 or 1-0. There's no fun in crafting a chance and tucking it away, then holding on until your opponent over-exerts themselves in their pursuit of an equalizer, and you can catch them on the break to make it 2-0. There's only fun in their "BEAST FOR ME, LADS!" POTM Aubameyang scoring a hat-trick in every other match.

They don't find joy in masterfully exposing the weakness of the opponent. Or winning a hard-fought game by only a goal or two. None at all. They all LOVE FOOTBALL and that scenario just doesn't feel like football.

They don't find joy in looking at the stats of their favourite striker and realising that he only has 0.8 goals per game on average, rather than the 2 or 3 GPG that they would "expect" him to have, even though those sorts of numbers are pretty much impossible in the real world and that - y'know - sometimes CR7 has matches where he doesn't score.

And they definitely aren't going on this forum or on Reddit and posting questions like "So how do we score goals now? Weekend League is coming up and I FEEL POWERLESS!" as if they've never watched a football match or played a game of FIFA that didn't have a basic method of scoring guaranteed goals. And nobody is asking for a refund just because they can't win. No, no, no. You have it ALL wrong. They're asking for a refund because the game was sold to them under false pretenses!

End of the day, they're all upset football purists that just want to play a fun and challenging simulation of football, because they LOVE FOOTBALL so much.

(But if they have to actually do that and can't just win every game 6-2 by pressing the same two-button combo six times in a row so they can boast about how they're in Division 2 and finish Elite 3 every week, that isn't good enough.)
  • bigpokey24
    4842 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 1
    Folks just rage quitting against me min 39 I am up 3 goals..just testing a few DRs for the WL.... I have a very average team..smh..I did rage quit at 0-0 in one dr game after a bs red... won the next game..in style...maybe it is karma
  • bigpokey24
    4842 posts Big Money Move

EA had to remove that rubbish TF, watching those fut cups on TV or twitch was embarrassing. EA had to act fast
  • CFCHenri
    3411 posts National Call-Up
    My little brother who never used timed finishing has stopped playing since the patch came on Tuesday. He also rarely did finesses. He got fed up with people playing drop back, 1 depth and counter-attacking, conceding crosses all game. Usually he sells his team and builds a new one, everytime after a bad spell. It's been 3 days in a row and he's not playing the game.

This patch is that bad.

• CFCHenri
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Stkyfngz wrote: »
    Everyone is literally spamming the same crosses into FB Ibra and CR7.

Of the last 5 games i've played, everyone PTBs, everyone counters, no one shoots, everyone crosses.

AI defending is god awful and stupid. EA literally addresses finesses shots but completely forgets that this makes defensive AI overpowered since there's no other way to beat it properly if someone sits 1 depth and auto defends.

1 on 1s are trash, and now everyone relies on a RNG header to win the game lmao.

As I noted above this is simply not true. Some of us have been beating these teams from day 1 without timed finesse.

I get people's frustrations, I really do. Against counters play a high line and force people outside.

Against tornado crosses you can block by stepping inside and pressing tackle.

And you can score by crosses, or good quick passing plays on the edge of the box.

That is not the issue here.
    My bro never use timed finishing at all and he's quit cause majority of his opponents are now playing 1 depth, crossing all game and the defensive AI overpowered losing games to counter attacks. He's losing and drawing games, he gave up. He was even in D2 before patch.
  • SuperKMx
    531 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 1
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    My little brother who never used timed finishing has stopped playing since the patch came on Tuesday. He also rarely did finesses. He got fed up with people playing drop back, 1 depth and counter-attacking, conceding crosses all game. Usually he sells his team and builds a new one, everytime after a bad spell. It's been 3 days in a row and he's not playing the game.

This patch is that bad.

It's weird how everybody has been playing AI defence/drop back/1 depth for months and he never used timed finesse, but only since timed finesse has been nerfed he's suddenly fed up, huh?

Hell of a coincidence.
  • CFCHenri
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    warned everyone last week about this as a pc player..... out of 30 games (must have been mental to play them all) 3 or 4 of them actually wanted to play, the rest was all PTB 1 depth with a hell of a lot more 5 at the back formations seen.

It was the most boring WL i've played.

as someone who far from spammed TF shots with them being OP opened up more space around the area.... now its just 9 players stood in the box blocking everything with a moron running around with his ST/CAM/CM

don't blame anyone for quitting now

Heyy you’ve had it for a week now, how is it, over time?

its so boring to play and this is someone who plays trying to break teams down and not spam finesse shots from 40 yards, but i knew it was coming as soon as i saw the patch notes ... its needs the 1.05 AI back and even that way too assisted but it would help give a some sort of salvageable to the unsalvageable

+1, the smart ones know.
  • Retro_G
    29306 posts Player of the Year
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    CFCHenri wrote: »

This patch is that bad.

It's weird how everybody has been playing AI defence/drop back/1 depth for months and he never used timed finesse, but only since timed finesse has been nerfed he's suddenly fed up, huh?

Hell of a coincidence.

The majority of good players were using 4 depth, above before the patch, because you wanted to close down the area just outside the box that lead to timed finnese finishes from range. Sitting too deep would give loads of space for long range finishing. I rarely conceded timed finesse shots before the patch, it was only the first time finesse shots that i would struggle to defend.
  • Ben
    3312 posts National Call-Up
    If you “cashed out” then you didnt quit.