Cashed out and quit

Comments

• FeD_989
    71 posts Park Captain
    Honestly I don’t think 4231 is a dominant formation anymore. Having more success with 433(5) at the moment and favouring a more possession based approach.

The one thing that makes the AI defense somewhat tolerable is that it’s predictable. For example they will rarely follow your player if you call them with RB/R1 towards your player that has possession.

While I of course would’ve liked EA to just get it right with this patch, I also find it oddly satisfying discovering new tactics. With all the big youtubers talking about depth 1 and counter attack it also present opportunities to find counters to it.
  • Steelcitysniper
    1239 posts Professional
    Jeyj38 wrote: »
    I dont care what they do with this game i just dont ever wanna see timed finesse back again. This game is infinitely better after the patch regardless of how bad it is.

If anything this patch has re-energized me to play because i dont have to play those scrubs again.

The way it impacted the rest of the gameplay? Id rather see those noobs scoring time finesse again, I had more fun when I owned the ball.

Nah brah... im good. Nothing worse than slaughtering someone and drawing 4-4 because of rafinha 40 yrd timed finesses and quick no look first time finesse bs goals on 4 shots while giving him nothing all game. That was absolutely disgusting.

Go park busses people. I have been dealing with that for years. I will win more against that than a reject who mastered one broken mechanic and keeps up with me no matter how quality the chances are.
  • Futfanatic
    13361 posts Has That Special Something
    LiveDogs wrote: »
    Sure mate- See you on the pitch tomorrow for WL
    lsltwpaid3.jpeg
    [/quote]
  • Phodri
    366 posts Sunday League Hero
    I feel the same, scoring became near impossible. Ppl just defend now and have no intention to attack.. fun huh.. im done.
  • joehuk
    3385 posts National Call-Up
    Tbh I'm in a situation I can't even cash out as both my teams are untradable. :joy:

I am tho slowly losing any intrest to even turn the game on.

Every game is drop back, -4 + team press in-game.

And even if I do score it's not while 80th+ min or even extra time if the player is somewhat decent at defending.

Last WL it took me 120mins to beat a guy that had zero stamina by the end just because his AI blocked, intercepted everything and his GK was on form :joy:
  • Steelcitysniper
    1239 posts Professional
    edited January 31
    I have never had a problem scoring and i never used the bs gimmick. I think people have become too dependent on the one trick pony method.
  • VladimirSochi
    652 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you like deck builders then there’s an AMAZING new game in Alpha that I can pretty much promise will destroy Hearthstone over the next 12-18 months called Mythgard.

Get in early if those sort of things are your thing. It’s from a Dota 2 creator and a Magic the Gathering Arena creator. It’s actually amazing. Fifa is completely just a bad memory, I just check in from time to time to gauge the community on if patches are improving the game. Don’t really miss it though
  • I grant you it does seem like the defenders are on steroids as they seemed to come charging at me more. However in general I haven't noticed any difference in my ability to score as never used timed finesse.

I'm lucky in some ways as when playing atm I see everyone panick and give away possession a lot more as they don't know what to do in attack. People line up finesse but then stop and go backwards. People try to cross but have never practiced it for years like me so are rubbish.

I play a high defensive line and rarely get attacked because the ai defenders have to many people back so never get out of their box
  • Futfanatic
    I have never had a problem scoring and i never used the bs gimmick. I think people have become too dependent on the one trick pony method.

Doesn’t seem like you’re reading what people say.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Everyone is literally spamming the same crosses into FB Ibra and CR7.

Of the last 5 games i've played, everyone PTBs, everyone counters, no one shoots, everyone crosses.

AI defending is god awful and stupid. EA literally addresses finesses shots but completely forgets that this makes defensive AI overpowered since there's no other way to beat it properly if someone sits 1 depth and auto defends.

1 on 1s are trash, and now everyone relies on a RNG header to win the game lmao.
  • Mc_chigby
    759 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 31
    Stkyfngz wrote: »

Of the last 5 games i've played, everyone PTBs, everyone counters, no one shoots, everyone crosses.

AI defending is god awful and stupid. EA literally addresses finesses shots but completely forgets that this makes defensive AI overpowered since there's no other way to beat it properly if someone sits 1 depth and auto defends.

1 on 1s are trash, and now everyone relies on a RNG header to win the game lmao.

As I noted above this is simply not true. Some of us have been beating these teams from day 1 without timed finesse.

I get people's frustrations, I really do. Against counters play a high line and force people outside.

Against tornado crosses you can block by stepping inside and pressing tackle.

And you can score by crosses, or good quick passing plays on the edge of the box.
  • Headshrinker363
    5280 posts Big Money Move
    I felt this way a couple of patches ago. Stuck at it and it took me nearly a week to figure out how to play again. In fact it happened last year too😂
  • Steelcitysniper
    1239 posts Professional
    Futfanatic wrote: »

Doesn’t seem like you’re reading what people say.

No not really i just browse at a post and kinda stop reading when someone says they miss timed finesse or they cant score. I find it mildly satisfying sadly
  • iConfueZ
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yesterday I was playing Rivals and it was all 1 depth, drop back, long ball, crossing. My opponents did not touch their defense, and were on me like hyena’s whenever I tried something.

Call me a timed finesse abuser, call me a crybaby, I don’t care. Before you could force these people out, to do something, now they laugh in your face while you try to play football and have fun. This isn’t fun, add a little button delay in there and it’s torture. Every year they ruin the game with their tweaks and tunes, but this patch takes the cake. I have never seen a company like this that puts so much effort and thought in empty promo’s and completely destroys its core, the gameplay.

Sold my team, cashed out, and gonna wait for things to get better because I felt like discarding the whole lot of them.

You're right. All games end up 0-0 or -1-0 in Division 2. Now that everyone plays dropback, with even Ibra defending at their own half it's just not fun to play anymore. Now the game is totally unbalanced.
  • Safehands84
    3695 posts National Call-Up
    You can still score timed finesse and don’t see the problem. Had a guy score 3 greens on me in one match. I’ve yet to concede a cross. I agree on AI defending but the AI can not defend the drag back so just spam that you will either get space for a shot or they give away penalties.

I realise it’s all about opinions but for me this is the best the game has been all year. I’ve played a lot more people actually trying to play football rather than just abuse the game mechanics
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Mc_chigby wrote: »

As I noted above this is simply not true. Some of us have been beating these teams from day 1 without timed finesse.

I get people's frustrations, I really do. Against counters play a high line and force people outside.

And you can score by crosses, or good quick passing plays on the edge of the box.

Right now i literally have 2 ways to score. I either do El tornado cross and TOTY mbappe or r9 gets a header, or i take it all the way to the end line, la croquetta 2X and pass it to a player for a tap in.

Power shots work maybe 1/5 times, the rest either get blocked and now since they've soaked in so much pressure, he gets a counter chance. I just can't do 1 depth myself since it'll bore me out

I've beaten a fair share of PTB users before but there's gotta be something more fun than spamming crosses and getting my **** handed to me by FB Ibra and CR7. I'd love build up goals but when someone sits 8 players inside the box it's hard.
  • MHoney1234
    8054 posts League Winner
    I said last week after trying the PC version that this patch would kill the game. They nerfed timed finesse, they even nerfed normal finesse and have blatantly buffed the AI. Watching the AI run, sprint, tackle and block every shot is something I’ve never seen in Fifa to these extremes.

Zero user input defending, block, 3 pass counters to concede goals. Please get help if you’re thinking about buying points for this disgrace of game. We had a glimmer of hope on 1.05, but since then it’s been lie after lie. Telling us they haven’t touched AI defending. Not only have they buffed it, but also made first touches and dribbling in the box worse.
  • OZero
    5408 posts Big Money Move
    I reserve judgement whether this patch would kill the game because as I said the majority here and in reddit appreciate the patch more than criticising it. This patch would certainly kill those first timed finesse spammers which is what it should be.
  • TopClass13
    1129 posts Professional
    There are ways to score, but does this makes the game better? No.

Balance is the wanted thing here.

Finesse shot abuse was countered by the op AI. Or vice verca.

Now there's just no counters for AI.

Some people say they don't have a problem with the patch etc.etc.

You forget that it's the 'noobs' that interest ea, kids that like to play a blanced game, whatever the mechanisms.

These are the kids who spend and spend and spend real money. And they have a low span of attention to something that's no good enough to bother.

If they don't balance the game soon, they will be left with the hardcores, like so many other online once-monopolies.

EA are killing their own brand. Last year the game was dead before tots cards hit the open.

This year I can see it happening, if not alreday, much sooner.
  • I gave up a while back, I'm currently playing good ol zombies on bo4
  • Futfanatic
    TopClass13 wrote: »

You forget that it's the 'noobs' that interest ea, kids that like to play a blanced game, whatever the mechanisms.

These are the kids who spend and spend and spend real money. And they have a low span of attention to something that's no good enough to bother.

If they don't balance the game soon, they will be left with the hardcores, like so many other online once-monopolies.

EA are killing their own brand. Last year the game was dead before tots cards hit the open.

Idk, kids are good at this game, don’t generally care about real football, its people like me that want to play football in a positive way that are shafted.
  • Stkyfngz wrote: »
    Mc_chigby wrote: »

Right now i literally have 2 ways to score. I either do El tornado cross and TOTY mbappe or r9 gets a header, or i take it all the way to the end line, la croquetta 2X and pass it to a player for a tap in.

Power shots work maybe 1/5 times, the rest either get blocked and now since they've soaked in so much pressure, he gets a counter chance. I just can't do 1 depth myself since it'll bore me out

I've beaten a fair share of PTB users before but there's gotta be something more fun than spamming crosses and getting my **** handed to me by FB Ibra and CR7. I'd love build up goals but when someone sits 8 players inside the box it's hard.

Never scored crosses by tornado either. Takes to long and easily blocked I found last night after loads of people tried it against me.

You can still pass and score. It's difficult and like many have said it does feel like EA have boosted the ai currently which is annoying if correct as not needed.

A mix between crossing, long shots and passing moves results in the defender unsure how to stop you. Relying on one way of scoring results in an easy defensive game
  • Futfanatic wrote: »

Idk, kids are good at this game, don’t generally care about real football, its people like me that want to play football in a positive way that are shafted.

Try career mode :D
  • Futfanatic

Gonna bring Sunderland back to the PL
  • ZiggieTTU
    537 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sounds like first stage of grumpy old manhood. “I can’t adapt... where did they good days go?”
  • Jeyj38
    1277 posts Professional
    You can still score timed finesse and don’t see the problem. Had a guy score 3 greens on me in one match. I’ve yet to concede a cross. I agree on AI defending but the AI can not defend the drag back so just spam that you will either get space for a shot or they give away penalties.

I realise it’s all about opinions but for me this is the best the game has been all year. I’ve played a lot more people actually trying to play football rather than just abuse the game mechanics

Only people liking the patch is finesse abusers who are keen to adapt. Theyre finally playing football and enjoying it. I dont abuse any mechanic, try to bring variety to my playstyle and I can tell you that this is the first ever patch that ruined my football. Trying to fix finesse they broke passing, ball control and other stuffs. But former finesse abusers cant tell as they were barely playing football.
  • Futfanatic wrote: »

Gonna bring Sunderland back to the PL

Good idea, bring back the glory days
  • Batman_Llanber
    1196 posts Professional
    Have no expectations of the game and you'll be good to go. When bs happens just laugh