Cashed out and quit

Futfanatic
13881 posts Has That Special Something
Yesterday I was playing Rivals and it was all 1 depth, drop back, long ball, crossing. My opponents did not touch their defense, and were on me like hyena’s whenever I tried something.

Call me a timed finesse abuser, call me a crybaby, I don’t care. Before you could force these people out, to do something, now they laugh in your face while you try to play football and have fun. This isn’t fun, add a little button delay in there and it’s torture. Every year they ruin the game with their tweaks and tunes, but this patch takes the cake. I have never seen a company like this that puts so much effort and thought in empty promo’s and completely destroys its core, the gameplay.

Sold my team, cashed out, and gonna wait for things to get better because I felt like discarding the whole lot of them.

Comments

• Antiseen
    1347 posts Professional
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Yesterday I was playing Rivals and it was all 1 depth, drop back, long ball, crossing. My opponents did not touch their defense, and were on me like hyena’s whenever I tried something.

Call me a timed finesse abuser, call me a crybaby, I don’t care. Before you could force these people out, to do something, now they laugh in your face while you try to play football and have fun. This isn’t fun, add a little button delay in there and it’s torture. Every year they ruin the game with their tweaks and tunes, but this patch takes the cake. I have never seen a company like this that puts so much effort and thought in empty promo’s and completely destroys its core, the gameplay.

Sold my team, cashed out, and gonna wait for things to get better because I felt like discarding the whole lot of them.

Exactly. This is disgrace. That’s not okay. That’s just disgrace.

I haven’t sold my team, but it’s the first time this year when I just can’t play anymore. I was waiting for this patch to fix 2 issues. Ai and finesse shots. One can’t be fixed without fixing other one. But they did it. They just showed how incometent they are. They just know nothing about balance.
  • Jeyj38
    1305 posts Professional
    I feel the same... not playing WL thats for sure.

Boring thing is as soon as you criticize the patch everybody jumps to the conclusion you were abusing finesse shots.

Somehow the patch affected the whole gameplay. Passing became random, reaction agility and acceleration have been tone down. Basics of the gameplay have changed for me, and thats what Im complaining against. I have no more fun building chances.

Plus opponent tactics are a real pain... 5 atb ptb... ai defending. Time to build a new gamemlay from scratch...
  • Jeyj38
    1305 posts Professional
    Antiseen wrote: »

Exactly. This is disgrace. That’s not okay. That’s just disgrace.

I haven’t sold my team, but it’s the first time this year when I just can’t play anymore. I was waiting for this patch to fix 2 issues. Ai and finesse shots. One can’t be fixed without fixing other one. But they did it. They just showed how incometent they are. They just know nothing about balance.

And now we have to wait q minimum of 15 days to see if they can "improve" this mess.
  • Futfanatic
    Jeyj38 wrote: »

Boring thing is as soon as you criticize the patch everybody jumps to the conclusion you were abusing finesse shots.

Somehow the patch affected the whole gameplay. Passing became random, reaction agility and acceleration have been tone down. Basics of the gameplay have changed for me, and thats what Im complaining against. I have no more fun building chances.

Plus opponent tactics are a real pain... 5 atb ptb... ai defending. Time to build a new gamemlay from scratch...

I did not want to say it because I think this game effects you mentally and you start feeling things that arent there but yes, felt like the whole gameplay was different.
  • CarlitoNabito
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Same. GG Fifa
  • Jonboyparker
    5308 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 31
    Selling my team today. There is litteraly no point defending anymore. Might as well do that with what I can’t sell.

I honestly don’t want to turn my Xbox on anymore after witnessing what I did last night.
  • Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is the sad truth. Played 4 games of fut, about 4 games of pro clubs and it was the least fun I've had on fifa ever. There's been changes to dribbling and passing, wasn't in the patch notes but it's there. Player selection is worse than before. Tackles don't stick, also seems worse than before. And the ai defending is way over the top. I don't think ea have any idea what they're doing.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3585 posts National Call-Up
    There it comes and it's not even the weekend! I've been warning for this the whole time; these white knights who couldn't cope with timed finesses and cried wolf because people utilized every tool in the shed, are in for a very sour awakening when they'll realize what a vapid, shallow, meaningless game they're in for.

There is no way this would have worked; you can't just abolish TF without addressing AI defending. TF was the COUNTER to passive handholding.
  • Dijkstra
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don’t even bother to sell my players. Simply quit. We have been used to test this immature product for 4 months, and we even paid for this. Too ridiculous. Do they even test balance before delivering patch? EA is really good at making its customers feel stupid.
  • Wi1son73
    2318 posts Fans' Favourite
    There it comes and it's not even the weekend! I've been warning for this the whole time; these white knights who couldn't cope with timed finesses and cried wolf because people utilized every tool in the shed, are in for a very sour awakening when they'll realize what a vapid, shallow, meaningless game they're in for.

There is no way this would have worked; you can't just abolish TF without addressing AI defending. TF was the COUNTER to passive handholding.

Played this random yesterday, he had messi and Suarez up front and all of the 90 mins he tried timed finesse shots, mainly 180 first time shots! I won 2-0 as he couldn’t quite get the fact that his finesse shots weren’t working!! Had a wee LOL at him
  • Psyclon13
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    It would be a disgrace, if EA had any grace to begin with. Honestly, when is the last time the name "Electronic Arts" was mentioned in a positive setting?

I am also on the verge of putting it all aside, these past few days I've been playing with the same commitment as when I watch "The Big Bang Theory", just to keep myself busy.
  • iRusty_yo
    3951 posts National Call-Up
    Who’s gonna take your mantle for sbc/icon announcements?
  • Jeyj38
    1305 posts Professional
    Jeyj38 wrote: »

I did not want to say it because I think this game effects you mentally and you start feeling things that arent there but yes, felt like the whole gameplay was different.

Believe me it has nothing to do with going insane, or conspiration thing. Previous patches haveng affected my playstyle at all (it sure is annoying to see opponents abuse new mechanics) but no change from my end. This time is a different story.

My playstyle is all about timing my acceleration right so I burn my opponent, finding sweet passing lanes and timing them right, making difference on the first touch with good ball control. Its all gone... I can clearly see that now some passes are eeither missed or intercepted where they werent in the past... first seconds when you control a player they feel like tanks... I aldo use to have dominant wingers, now I still make differences with them but its just different.
  • Wi1son73
    2318 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m also struggling with these 10 speedy Gonzales coming at me like American football.. WTF is this tactic? Surely by 60mims they will be knackered. Well they still run about daft till the final whistle goes..
  • Jeyj38
    1305 posts Professional
    But I guess those were necdssary changes to tone down finesse shots right. Make sense uh? Loool
  • limjitwe
    6928 posts Big Money Move
    Are you guys saying they tuned up the opponent AI defence or people just playing PTB now?
  • greif44
    2780 posts Fans' Favourite
    Feel ya. Tbh it's really surprising that with army of developers and constant feedback from the community EA still can't make a decent football game in 2019.
  • Menloh
    312 posts Sunday League Hero
    My passes really feel different after the patch. First touches are too heavy and it seems that more people are using full press.

The combination of these three things make a game so unfair. It is unbelievable how big the difference is between two players in the same match in terms of smooth gameplay. And sometimes I am the one with smooth gameplay and I just know that my opponent is raging since his players turned into 2yo children.
  • game over?

done the same yesterday too
    cashed out
    can even finally afford r96 but even then the enthusiasm is dead
    Absolutely no idea what to do
  • Jeyj38
    1305 posts Professional
    game over?

cashed out

EA better reverse this patch. If they keep working from it then defo game over lol.
  • Futfanatic
    game over?

cashed out

Lol I knew you would be here too. I’m only still selling R94 then everything will be sold off.
  • Jonboyparker
    5308 posts Big Money Move
    game over?

cashed out

I’m not even opening my rewards. They can just sit there. My enjoyment has been killed.

I’ve made a new untradable team and POTM Lucas moura is back in.
  • Steelcitysniper
    1295 posts Professional
    edited January 31
    I dont care what they do with this game i just dont ever wanna see timed finesse back again. This game is infinitely better after the patch regardless of how bad it is.

If anything this patch has re-energized me to play because i dont have to play those scrubs again.
  • game over?

cashed out

Game over man, game over.

preach
  • Jeyj38
    1305 posts Professional
    I dont care what they do with this game i just dont ever wanna see timed finesse back again. This game is infinitely better after the patch regardless of how bad it is.

If anything this patch has re-energized me to play because i dont have to play those scrubs again.

The way it impacted the rest of the gameplay? Id rather see those noobs scoring time finesse again, I had more fun when I owned the ball.
  • Futfanatic wrote: »
    game over?

cashed out

Lol I knew you would be here too. I’m only still selling R94 then everything will be sold off.

was looking at r94 and dinho last night there was even a fresh dinho but you know what CBA.
    shame I have a club full of untradeables I can't sell
    including
    prime ballack,best, baresi potm hazard potm reus and many more
  • game over?

cashed out

I’m not even opening my rewards. They can just sit there. My enjoyment has been killed.

I’ve made a new untradable team and POTM Lucas moura is back in.

damn you know it's the end when can't even be bothered to open rewards