The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• JDB44
    212 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Last few days of the transfer window could be exciting in the PL. Newcastle just signed Almiron from here in the states. Denis Suarez set to join Arsenal on loan, Spurs being linked heavily to Youri Tielesman, and who knows what Chelsea will end with. Looks like they are gonna get a transfer ban this summer

I understand Suarez might be helpful for Arsenal but I still don't understand why they don't try upgrading the defense.

Spurs have been linked with Tielesman for a few windows now but will never pay money becuase they are Spurs. It's like they are trying to play FIFA with houserules to limit spending.
  • Ashy
    10270 posts Has That Special Something
    The reason behind not improving the defence is they dont want to panic buy on such an important position, they need to get this CB transfer right so they will do it in the summer when more money is available.

Mustafi - fit but unreliable
    Koscielny - Rough return recently but was amazing against Chelsea, jaw injury but should be back very soon I'd imagine
    Sokratis - out for 4-6 weeks, our best CB this season
    Holding - recovering from long term injury, was our starter before getting injured, should be back in 8+ weeks
    Then we have Monreal that can play there, Mavropanos too but right now it isn't ideal but in a couple of weeks it wont look so bad, a months time we should be fine
  • WestardLord
    1670 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2019
    Almiron to PL is huge and so important for this league.

I mean, I guess the only negative is that it's Newcastle, but whatever, they just nailed Man City.
  • Danimal5981
    2398 posts Fans' Favourite
    Almiron was my first pick to replace Tadic in case of his departure to the EPL in my CMS.
  • Wyojasond
    12695 posts Has That Special Something
    Did not see him going to Newcastle this window but think he will do well there.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    I wish Denis Suárez finds regularity at Arsenal. Hopefully the manager Emery gives him minutes to show what he can really do... he never had much options at Barcelona, but I think he has talent to succeed. If not in Barcelona, anywhere else.
  • Ashy
    Was there a lot of backlash over this then?
  • Alastair
    10123 posts Moderator
    Ashy wrote: »

None at all that I saw.

It was more that it wasn’t working completely as intended. It was meant to stop people making dupe accounts to bypass bans (they’d need to have played FIFA on that account first) but it was catching out a lot of long term users as well (e.g. people made an account years ago but have since changed console and had a different email associated with that console to the original one).
  • Wyojasond
    Alastair wrote: »

None at all that I saw.

It was more that it wasn’t working completely as intended. It was meant to stop people making dupe accounts to bypass bans (they’d need to have played FIFA on that account first) but it was catching out a lot of long term users as well (e.g. people made an account years ago but have since changed console and had a different email associated with that console to the original one).

Well that’s good. I figured people were losing there minds over it because they still play fifa 12 or something 😂
  • dannyboy
    12863 posts Has That Special Something
    Alastair wrote: »

Thought my days had been numbered.
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2019
    Almiron to PL is huge and so important for this league.

I mean, I guess the only negative is that it's Newcastle, but whatever, they just nailed Man City.

VjTDB3a.jpg
  • Danimal5981
    edited January 2019
    Newcastle born Lord Collingwood did sail to and fight at The Battle of Bunker Hill, which actually was on the hill next to Bunker Hill, but whatever...: we all know what conflict it escalated and how that conflict ended... #USAvGBR
  • Wyojasond
    This day is starting to show lots of signs of grey clouds overhead. My little girl is home sick, I had to do inventory today, they just took the Liverpool game off TV and now Xbox is down across the world 🤬
  • Wyojasond
    What do you all think.....Wolves the most impressive promotion team ever? They have given all of the top 6 clubs issues this year and look a good bet to be 7th this year. Great young core of players too
  • Danimal5981
    What do you all think.....Wolves the most impressive promotion team ever? They have given all of the top 6 clubs issues this year and look a good bet to be 7th this year. Great young core of players too

You mean FC Portugal? :smiley: Yeah, they're a nice surprise
  • JDB44
    Wolves play like FIFA careers on here. When first promoted teams should struggle but instead they usually find a way to finish mid table.
  • Wyojasond

You mean FC Portugal? :smiley: Yeah, they're a nice surprise

😂😂😂
  • Alastair
    10123 posts Moderator

They’re good but not the best. Newcastle came 3rd in 1993/94 and Forest 3rd in 1994/95. Blackburn were 4th in 1992/93, Ipswich 5th in 2000/01, Sunderland 7th in 1999\2000 and Reading were 8th in 2006/07.

Newcastle and Forest got 1.83ppg. Wolves current ppg is 1.52 which would put them 6th in ppg.

Promoted teams doing well is rarer now but about 8 or so years ago it was standard for one promoted team to get top 10 every season.
  • Wyojasond
    What do you guys think? Has the game regressed that bad in your opinion. I feel like the gameplay is ok, but we all know how bad CM was ignored again. I don’t really play online so can’t speak to it that much, but when I was playing seasons it was pretty ridiculous once I got up to División 1.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2819255-fifa-19-re-review-how-ea-broke-its-promising-game
  • Danimal5981
    What do you guys think? Has the game regressed that bad in your opinion. I feel like the gameplay is ok, but we all know how bad CM was ignored again. I don’t really play online so can’t speak to it that much, but when I was playing seasons it was pretty ridiculous once I got up to División 1.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2819255-fifa-19-re-review-how-ea-broke-its-promising-game

FIFA is a mass game, which means that in pretty much all features it needs to sit in the middle. Between arcade and simulation, in terms of level and learning curve, in terms of getting a challenge out of a career mode. If the game would shift too much to one side it risks losing the ones who prefer playing the other.
    1. FIFA is made in a way that it sits between arcade and simulation. I guess that Career Mode players would like to see more simulation, but I'm not bothered by the lack of realism - you can always put some self-made rules, or adhere to real life club rules. All you need to do for that is a little research.
    2. Gameplay has been okay I suppose. For me, the learning curve is not steep enough, for some it's too steep. Here FIFA also needs to find an average. You can't please die-hards without chasing away casual players and vice versa. Again, adjusting with sliders is good enough for me.
    3. Without changing career mode too much, I would give all the clubs a certain character by number or code: Foreign owned buyer's club - Academy club - National club (buys players from own league, own country), Regional Club etc. and together with that slightly more options to shift budget between transfers, salaries, but also academy and marketing and relate clubs more to players of certain countries (Dutch clubs buy a lot from Scandinavia, sell a lot to England and Germany).

That alone and I'm happy. I don't need full fledged simulations, we are creative enough to work around that. We can always want more faces, stadiums, realism, etc. but again: EA Sports are trying to attract an as broad as possible audience, while we are a very specific niche.
  • JDB44
    I think FIFA is better than people give it credit for in a lot of ways. Career mode is not as in depth as I would like but I don't think FIFA will ever be as in depth as MLB the Show or NBA 2k, that's just not how EA is.

I think the gameplay is enjoyable. While not always the most realistic, I can find sliders to make it challenging. I also like how teams play different this year, something I really learned in my Eupen career.

If EA would allow us to control transfers, FIFA would be good enough for me to have no complaints.
  • Ashy
    One of the biggest problems for me is that big teams dont field their best players, I'd understand resting them in domestic cup games but 95% of the Prem games should be the best team

Also the AI transfers, if let's say Man City sell Aguero they would replace him with someone around his level or promote Jesus to main striker and get an adequate back up but no they go and buy some random Spanish striker for 2m and he'll end up starting most of their games
  • Wyojasond
    JDB44 wrote: »
    I think FIFA is better than people give it credit for in a lot of ways. Career mode is not as in depth as I would like but I don't think FIFA will ever be as in depth as MLB the Show or NBA 2k, that's just not how EA is.

I think the gameplay is enjoyable. While not always the most realistic, I can find sliders to make it challenging. I also like how teams play different this year, something I really learned in my Eupen career.

If EA would allow us to control transfers, FIFA would be good enough for me to have no complaints.

I do agree it’s nice to see teams playing differently this year. That’s been a lot of fun. I do think it’s unfair how people say it should be just like NBA2k. That game has what 30 teams, compared to hundreds in FIFA. There’s just now way.
    One of the biggest problems for me is that big teams dont field their best players, I'd understand resting them in domestic cup games but 95% of the Prem games should be the best team

Also the AI transfers, if let's say Man City sell Aguero they would replace him with someone around his level or promote Jesus to main striker and get an adequate back up but no they go and buy some random Spanish striker for 2m and he'll end up starting most of their games

That or they buy 5-6 of the worlds best and just stockpile them. The fullback transfers this year have been horrible.
  • chokosc
    2845 posts Fans' Favourite
    Do you guys know if there's a way to view the old forums? I want to see some of the FIFA 08 MM threads.
  • Ashy
    edited February 2019
    @Alastair

I'm not sure but I think everything pre fifa 12 is deleted
  • chokosc
    2845 posts Fans' Favourite
    @Alastair

I'm not sure but I think everything pre fifa 12 is deleted

Damn, that sucks.

Those threads were so good.
  • Alastair
    10123 posts Moderator
    Only this current forum platform is still online (1 April 2015 onwards).

You can view a lot of stuff with the way back engine. @dannyboy is the expert at that.
  • dannyboy
    12863 posts Has That Special Something
    Not everything is archived though. Think most threads only have the first page saved, some might have more (especially the older ones).
  • LAboog4
    675 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I thought I would watch a good game before Stuttgart kickoff. Instead I'm watching 11 men play the Chelsea youth squad.