The Football thread: first TOTW hypeeee

Comments

• tauras
    3951 posts National Call-Up
    Odoi staying by the looks of it great news.
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    edited January 2019
    For as bad as some of that goalkeeping was some of those girls had some great shots too.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    I didn’t even watch it and I know she’s better than Pickford.

He can’t jump or dive. The stumpy weirdo.
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    edited January 2019
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Gueye has handed in a transfer request. Move to PSG likely then.

Frees up Nkunku to join us. The lads got sauce, buzzing for more sauce with Laca and Auba

Yeah looks brilliant signing, another midfielder that can slot right in alongside the other 7 central midfielders you have. May aswell play no defence and play 6-3-1. Must be buzzing to avoid strengthening your defence again

That's like me saying brilliant, another CB that can slot right in alongside the 5 we already have. No point in signing a CB until the summer window when we can shift Mustafi and such. Its about the lack of quality not the numbers, only Torreira is really good enough, Guendouzi will be but he's only 19.

We know Ramsey is going, we know we need a winger, so thats what we're going for. Seemingly finding that in Denis Suarez and Perisic.
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    Kagawa reported to be for sale for 3m

or 7,500 coins alternatively
  • LFC Simon 98
    21386 posts Club Captain
    Tof33z wrote: »
    Kagawa reported to be for sale for 3m

or 7,500 coins alternatively

Saw that

Also lol
  • RBailss
    14649 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2019
    We are gonna get destroyed tonight :joy:
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    RBailss wrote: »
    We are gonna get destroyed tonight :joy:

first world problems

we've got Huddersfield and probably get done
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    Good stuff that, no obligation to buy, see if he’s a decent replacement for Rambo before spending money on him.

Now for Carrassaco or Perisic. Accept our defence will be terrible unless you throw millions on it in the summer, and signing attackers who could help us get top 4 is genius considering we don’t have any money.

Unai Emery’s red army
  • Maverick
    8693 posts League Winner
    I've only seen Rabiot play a few times. If what I'm hearing is accurate in that he prefers a move to Liverpool, where exactly would he fit in our rotation? We already have a plethora of midfielders.
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    edited January 2019
    Maverick wrote: »
    I've only seen Rabiot play a few times. If what I'm hearing is accurate in that he prefers a move to Liverpool, where exactly would he fit in our rotation? We already have a plethora of midfielders.

Yes but when the majority of those midfielders are Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner and Lallana then Rabiot is absolutely needed.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21386 posts Club Captain

Yes but when the majority of those midfielders are Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner and Lallana then Rabiot is absolutely needed.

Example 1 of some idiot who hasn’t seen Wijnaldum play this year
  • GS13
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Yet Liverpool sit top of the league
  • Keano
    20006 posts Club Captain

Would take him out of it, but I think you'll agree Henderson isn't the quality you want if you've got CL final last year, fighting for the PL this year, Lallana doesn't play anywhere near enough to warrant a place (or even show he's a squad player), Milner is good & a workhorse but is aging & will need to be replaced soon, but atm he's a great makeshift player.

Overall Rabiot could get into your midfield, but then again people thought Keita could easily & that didn't work out so easy.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21386 posts Club Captain
    Keano wrote: »

Would take him out of it, but I think you'll agree Henderson isn't the quality you want if you've got CL final last year, fighting for the PL this year, Lallana doesn't play anywhere near enough to warrant a place (or even show he's a squad player), Milner is good & a workhorse but is aging & will need to be replaced soon, but atm he's a great makeshift player.

Overall Rabiot could get into your midfield, but then again people thought Keita could easily & that didn't work out so easy.

The rest I agree 100%. Hendo ain’t good enough to be a starter but is good to have about as captain, Lallana is done and Milner is likely to go to Leeds if they get promoted.
  • ccooaattssyy
    16749 posts World Class
    Klopp keeping a menagerie of midfielders
  • Chubbs
    14635 posts Has That Special Something
    Shame Almiron is going to ruin his career at Newcastle.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    I’ve taken Jesus out of my FL team so he’s scoring tonight
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    Martial injured again?
  • Chubbs wrote: »

Why is that ruining his career?
  • Davisto
    6766 posts Big Money Move
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Almiron is going to Rejuvenate his career leaving the mls.

• XxRichiexRichxX
    34374 posts National Team Captain
    G12OGN wrote: »
    Martial injured again?

Yes
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    hoban95 wrote: »

I think Chubbs is just upset he’s leaving ATL.

But I’ll be completely honest, I can see him struggling in the PL. I hope I’m wrong because I want to see him to succeed.
  • hoban95 wrote: »

I think Chubbs is just upset he’s leaving ATL.

But I’ll be completely honest, I can see him struggling in the PL. I hope I’m wrong because I want to see him to succeed.

Ah right.
  • KingLionel10
    15879 posts World Class
    Hell struggle at us I'm telling ya were ❤️❤️❤️❤️ horse ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Hope I'm wrong of course but it's soul destroying being a toon fan these days man.
  • KingLionel10
    15879 posts World Class
    hoban95 wrote: »

Atlanta and a Sunderland follower, double whammy pal, unluckeeeee
  • Antparry92
    20439 posts Club Captain
    Everton to lose to Huddersfield 1-0 from a set piece...Siewert to get a great start to the job as most managers do and the fact we are ❤️❤️❤️❤️ :joy:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Hell struggle at us I'm telling ya were **** horse ****. Hope I'm wrong of course but it's soul destroying being a toon fan these days man.

Ha. After watching all the Atlanta United game i have, the guy can go from a joy to watch, to incredibly frustrating very quickly. He’s very quick which leads to a lot of heavy touches with him and he was able to get away with that in the MLS, but I don’t think he could in the PL, and his decision making in terms of when to pass/shoot/dribble can be very very frustrating.

It’ll be interesting to see how well he adapts to having less time on the ball.
  • Davisto
    6766 posts Big Money Move
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Everton to lose to Huddersfield 1-0 from a set piece...Siewert to get a great start to the job as most managers do and the fact we are **** :joy:

Another goal to add to that vid :joy: