The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

FIFA 19 Starhead Thread

Comments

• bradymcbrady_2
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    why do the players they re add into the game not have a 3D portrait?
  • Howler19
    685 posts An Exciting Prospect
    why do the players they re add into the game not have a 3D portrait?

I don't know but you'd have to assume it's related to the re-added players losing their starheads. EA are clearly doing something wrong in this process.
  • kosmagrawgry
    323 posts Sunday League Hero
    Waiting for PES 19 New Data Pack 4.0 from Konami - Hope they added 50 or 100 updates to their faces :)
    FIFA 19 / EA - Still nothing ...
  • mickjacobjr
    1220 posts Professional
    Waiting for PES 19 New Data Pack 4.0 from Konami - Hope they added 50 or 100 updates to their faces :)

We will be waiting from ea there busy with FUT
  • TeamExtreme17
    2765 posts Fans' Favourite

Embarrassing @EA_Andy @EA_Cian

And Konami do it REGULARLY!!
  • Futbol22
    921 posts Semi-Pro
    I hope Gladbach was scanned along with the other Bundesliga clubs.

Matze Ginter needs a scan badly along with Zakaria, Stindl, Elvedi and many more!

Also wondering if Roma will get scanned since their an official partner now...? Zaniolo, Ünder and a quality De Rossi scan would be fantastic!
  • Disgruntledas
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    That De Rossi face will last longer then time itself.. that retro af face scan reminds me fifa 98 on the Nintendo 64, they can’t get rid of it because it’s nostalgic. Or they’re so out of touch as a company and don’t how to please consumers rather then share holders, I dunno but..
  • kosmagrawgry
    323 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 2019
    De Rossi head is from Fifa 98 :) I think
    Also DeFoe and lots of players in FIFA 19 - XXI Century Game :) from the best Game Studio in the World - Electronic Arts
  • tommy_p_5
    501 posts An Exciting Prospect
    At least another 3 faces removed when re-adding players in the latest update:

Maxi Rodriguez (Newell's) - custom
    Jose Antonio Reyes (Extremadura) - custom
    Mo Sissoko (Sochaux) - scan

Any update on why this keeps happening @EA_Andy ?
  • ElusiveJake
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    tommy_p_5 wrote: »
    At least another 3 faces removed when re-adding players in the latest update:

Maxi Rodriguez (Newell's) - custom
    Jose Antonio Reyes (Extremadura) - custom
    Mo Sissoko (Sochaux) - scan

Any update on why this keeps happening @EA_Andy ?

because EA make the same mistake over and over and over and they never learn. Company still conducts and treats its customers like we're in 2002 and the internet doesn't exist, seriously they never give clear concise information about anything, it's all secret service and pass the buck it's quite comical, completely backwards inept company who wouldn't have a leg to stand on if it didn't have the 'FIFA' name.

vile
  • Southendbigshow
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 2019

'because EA make the same mistake over and over and over and they never learn. Company still conducts and treats its customers like we're in 2002 and the internet doesn't exist, seriously they never give clear concise information about anything, it's all secret service and pass the buck it's quite comical, completely backwards inept company who wouldn't have a leg to stand on if it didn't have the 'FIFA' name."

could be the best summary of EA i've come across. short,sharp and full of facts.
  • will Quincy Promes ever get a starhead ? The league got scanned and he still doesn’t have one. And they did Banega on Sevilla....
  • Howler19
    685 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ergor6 wrote: »
    will Quincy Promes ever get a starhead ? The league got scanned and he still doesn’t have one. And they did Banega on Sevilla....

Promes played for Spartak Moscow when Sevilla got scanned. Let's hope the La Liga deal includes re-scans so we get him for FIFA 20.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Howler19 wrote: »
    Ergor6 wrote: »
    will Quincy Promes ever get a starhead ? The league got scanned and he still doesn’t have one. And they did Banega on Sevilla....

Promes played for Spartak Moscow when Sevilla got scanned. Let's hope the La Liga deal includes re-scans so we get him for FIFA 20.

Or give him a custom... I hate how its either get scanned or stay generic!!
  • SFgeeza
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Can someone tell me if the updated Hugo Lloris from last year is a scan or custom? I'm thinking defo custom. And the new Son this year as well? Cheers lads
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited January 2019
    SFgeeza wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if the updated Hugo Lloris from last year is a scan or custom? I'm thinking defo custom. And the new Son this year as well? Cheers lads

Scan, you dont go from a scan to custom....

Generic > Custom/Scan
    Custom > Scan
    Scan > Updated Scan
  • SFgeeza
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park

Generic > Custom/Scan
    Custom > Scan
    Scan > Updated Scan

But didnt Salah go scan-->custom-->updated scan? Looks nothing like Lloris and I guess they really botched Sonny's haircut then
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited January 2019

Generic > Custom/Scan
    Custom > Scan
    Scan > Updated Scan

But didnt Salah go scan-->custom-->updated scan? Looks nothing like Lloris and I guess they really botched Sonny's haircut then

Yeah some dont look improved, its strange when i didnt think Lloris needed updating but Lukaku / Aguero do and they get left untouched! Typical EA using valuable time and resources on something they could spend elsewhere lol..

Salah was a one off because of his great season, they couldnt not update his appearance for the World Cup game, they would never do that in Fifa.. Why they just couldnt add his updated scan from that season, unless he wasnt scanned for Fifa 19 yet?
    Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on
  • TeamExtreme17
    Quite appalled that in the year 2019, after this thread has been the biggest on Fifa's official forum for over 10 years, that we still dont get regular custom faces for all the most requested players as DLC! Something that PES does regularly with their less money and resources than Fifa..

What happened to all those players we requested in a private e-mail months before Fifa was released? @EA_Andy can you confirm it was actually passed on? Thus the devs obviously ignoring us...
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited January 2019
    Quite appalled that in the year 2019, after this thread has been the biggest on Fifa's official forum for over 10 years, that we still dont get regular custom faces for all the most requested players as DLC! Something that PES does regularly with their less money and resources than Fifa..

What happened to all those players we requested in a private e-mail months before Fifa was released? @EA_Andy can you confirm it was actually passed on? Thus the devs obviously ignoring us...

I've said this before but just because something is requested doesn't mean it will always be something that can be implemented. That doesn't mean it's ignored, but it won't always be something that can be worked on straight away.

You only have to look through this thread to see that there are lots of different priorities people have for starheads.
  • ElusiveJake
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited January 2019
    EA_Andy wrote: »

I've said this before but just because something is requested doesn't mean it will always be something that can be implemented. That doesn't mean it's ignored, but it won't always be something that can be worked on straight away.

You only have to look through this thread to see that there are lots of different priorities people have for starheads.

it's 2019 mate, there isnt an excuse for not having every player from every major league scanned or at least a custom.

Do you ever answer questions or just pass the buck and give lame excuses treating us like idiots.

You have Sergio Aguero who hasnt been been updated in 4/5 years? What the actual hell is that, hes been top 3 strikers in the prem for the past 7/8 years and 99% of people have been crying out for updates to him and lukaku for years yet apparently we all want different things and you dont ignore us loooool.

How about we want an authentic top quality experience not a game that is outdated 5 years because your employers are hideously lazy and money oriented over actually improving the game.
  • TeamExtreme17
    EA_Andy wrote: »

Yes but they turned down hundreds of custom faces by modders over 3 years ago as they prefer to do things "In House", but ive still yet to see any of this In House work (scans aside). Apart from the World Cup DLC which was VERY well received, thus shows they CAN do this if they wanted and why we expect it more regular..

Obviously every person has their own players they want scanned, but im sure were all in agreement that as long as the best players in the game (highest overall rating and higest potential rating) have at least a custom face, we will all be content..
  • Mundy
    2 posts Ball Boy
    I’ve actually not bothered putting the disc in my PS4 since October. Disgrace of a game this year and it just gets worse. Brilliant that they added some players from La Liga but missing out on the young talent that everyone knows that is about to come through is quite frankly shocking! We should now be of the time where all the big leagues are scanned. I know some may say that’s quite a task but it should be achievable! I bet if they set a studio up players who haven’t been done would travel to get scanned and in the game. To then sit on scans and not add them into the game is again not good enough! I dread to think how much I’ve spent on the franchise, I’ve been buying the game or had the game bought for me since the very first one. Every year when everyone says it’s rubbish I hold a tiny bit of hope they may surprise everyone. Nope, still rubbish.
    What annoys me the most is these EA guys who sit here read the comments and don’t reply don’t give anyone the heads up. The amount of scans in this day an age is horrendous they can’t get the boots sorted either the new Nike boots are pretty good! 🤥 pure lazy and I’m done with Fifa.
    What ever happend to David rutter? That guy was a total ❤️❤️❤️❤️! when fans were calling for diving “ooo we can’t put that in the game it sends a bad message” anyone play ‘this is football’? What a game! Caught out diving you got booked! 13 years on Fifa still won’t entertain that even though it’s part of modern day football!

You peaked for World Cup 2010 and it’s slowly been going down hill ever since! SORT IT OUT
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited January 2019
    Mundy wrote: »
    I’ve actually not bothered putting the disc in my PS4 since October. Disgrace of a game this year and it just gets worse. Brilliant that they added some players from La Liga but missing out on the young talent that everyone knows that is about to come through is quite frankly shocking! We should now be of the time where all the big leagues are scanned. I know some may say that’s quite a task but it should be achievable! I bet if they set a studio up players who haven’t been done would travel to get scanned and in the game. To then sit on scans and not add them into the game is again not good enough! I dread to think how much I’ve spent on the franchise, I’ve been buying the game or had the game bought for me since the very first one. Every year when everyone says it’s rubbish I hold a tiny bit of hope they may surprise everyone. Nope, still rubbish.
    What annoys me the most is these EA guys who sit here read the comments and don’t reply don’t give anyone the heads up. The amount of scans in this day an age is horrendous they can’t get the boots sorted either the new Nike boots are pretty good! 🤥 pure lazy and I’m done with Fifa.
    What ever happend to David rutter? That guy was a total ****! when fans were calling for diving “ooo we can’t put that in the game it sends a bad message” anyone play ‘this is football’? What a game! Caught out diving you got booked! 13 years on Fifa still won’t entertain that even though it’s part of modern day football!

You peaked for World Cup 2010 and it’s slowly been going down hill ever since! SORT IT OUT

Absolutely agree Fifa peaked at the World Cup 2010 game, Fifa 11 was okay but IMO its been downhill since Fifa 12 and FUT getting all the focus..
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited January 2019
    Was Fernando Torres not at Atletico Madrid last year when they were scanned? Just brought him back to the PL from China expecting his updated hairstyle and hes still outdated!!

P.S. That Higuain face :D oh well at least hes not generic..
  • @EA_Andy Bayern play with red shorts now instead of blue ones. I'm sure the EA team can implement that quite easily.
  • Moose Factory
    4570 posts National Call-Up
    Was Fernando Torres not at Atletico Madrid last year when they were scanned? Just brought him back to the PL from China expecting his updated hairstyle and hes still outdated!!

He was at Atletico, but I think they're just sitting on his scan and didn't bother to update it knowing he was on the move. I hope it's not like a Totti situation for example, whereas they won't ever update his starhead before he retires.
  • ManzGOTIT
    2348 posts Fans' Favourite

He was at Atletico, but I think they're just sitting on his scan and didn't bother to update it knowing he was on the move. I hope it's not like a Totti situation for example, whereas they won't ever update his starhead before he retires.

Unfortunately it’s that exact situation. Same thing happened with David Beckham