Countering High Pressure

Khangaskhan17
3939 posts National Call-Up
edited January 28
I can manage to retain possession against high pressure but struggle to score efficiently against it, especially against icons who never run out of stamina. Theoretically, I figured long ball is supposed to beat it but something doesn’t quite click. Seems like there should be something easier than me making 30-40 passes just to get a chance on goal against it.

On offense these guys’ players seem to run through your defense so easily too. Any recommendations for CTs / formations against high pressure/ through ball happy opponents?

Thanks!

Comments

• MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    If they are playing constant pressure from KO just be patient. Around the 60th-70th minute dpad switch to constant pressure and their defence will start leaving massive gaps as they will all be in the red giving you a very easy win.

Love playing against these players.
  • Khangaskhan17
    Do you play on balanced, possession, or fast build up?
  • MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    Do you play on balanced, possession, or fast build up?

I always play on fast build up as I play quick attacking football.
  • El.Diego
    696 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What formation do you play? Use any wide formation like 4231/4231(2)/4222/any 433 and just pas it to lb/rb and instantly long ball to other side lb/rb and after that quick pass to the wing on that side and you have tons of options and time there. Have a nice time against those noobs from now on :wink:
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional
    there is really no coutering if you have input lag. I can be calm and cool trying to passing around or make turns to avoid pressure, but the problem is the players don't really follow my instructions.
    Sometimes, if felt that even if you are not panic, the players are.
  • iConfueZ
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    You can only counter high pressure with possession. If you play balanced or fast build up you'll find out that you're passes end up being intercepted by either the AI or the controlled player.

Besides that there's no 100% way to always counter it - though you can practice on it and by time you'll find it a lot easier to play against.
  • Korlezz
    653 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Lol just had this with a player running at me like wild animals on speed,he went 2 up i could see his players nearly under half stamia by half time ,by 70 min i had clawed a couple of goals back but all his players literally had no stamina i walked through his men easily winning 5.2...
  • Khangaskhan17
    edited January 28
    On defense, do you guys usually play on balanced or drop back against these high pressure guys who spam through balls to pacey forwards?

I play 4411 or 433(5)
  • Khangaskhan17
  • FaFiFa
    846 posts Semi-Pro
    Fb zlatan or Kane, long ball