Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• Scutch
    19150 posts World Class
    Guys, swap the left hand side and Petit for RTTF Alonso, POTM Hazard and 88 Vieira? Feels a bit of a waste having Hazard on the bench :/

EydwvHM.jpg

Is 88 Vieira noticeably better than prime Petit?

• killer xavi
    4465 posts National Call-Up
    92 Maldini or TOTY Van Dijk or Prime Rio

As one of your CBs. Who do you pick?
  • Rb10119
    3190 posts National Call-Up
    Scutch wrote: »
    Guys, swap the left hand side and Petit for RTTF Alonso, POTM Hazard and 88 Vieira? Feels a bit of a waste having Hazard on the bench :/

EydwvHM.jpg

Is 88 Vieira noticeably better than prime Petit?

I would
  • Niko30
    50 posts Park Captain
    92 Maldini or TOTY Van Dijk or Prime Rio

As one of your CBs. Who do you pick?

Prime rio 100%
  • bhafc1901
    2269 posts Fans' Favourite
    Packed Courtois, icardi, couple of in forms and a few 83+ from the nakata SBCs. Just got the 83 squad, bronzes and silvers to go. Very good value for future SBC fodder
  • Scutch
    19150 posts World Class
    edited January 2019
    bhafc1901 wrote: »
    Packed Courtois, icardi, couple of in forms and a few 83+ from the nakata SBCs. Just got the 83 squad, bronzes and silvers to go. Very good value for future SBC fodder

Tempted to do that sbc purely to create a full Japanese/Asian team.
  • Why do people use Prime Hernandez over his middle?

Differences look tiny, and i'd argue that i'd rather have the middle ones extra composure.
  • The_Mercillus
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Recently got Gullit 90 and 88 vieira in my midfield by selling toty messi. They have absolutely changed how effective my team is. I’m just wondering those that run these two who do you aim for as the third man in a midfield 3? Pogba nif currently alongside them and he’s epic but I just wondered what the upgrade path for him is.

Also I have TOTY Neymar fb ibra and Toty Mbappe upfront

My back line is pretty standard of Sandro nif Ramos nif varane nif lala 86

Selling messi to upgrade my midfield made such a huge positive difference but what are people’s experiences for the defence? I’m tempted to shift neymar for his nif and bring in ; toty ramos : toty varane or toty varane and Ferdinand so that the team is a little more balanced.

Can anyone share any wisdom?
  • Shane
    24161 posts Player of the Year
    Shane wrote: »
    Saving up for either prime Best or 89 Cruyff. Who's better?

• Shane wrote: »

Best for me, easily
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner

89 Cruyff for me but I'm sure not many will agree :)
  • Jfo88
    23065 posts Club Captain
    Who has used the 89 or 91 version of Socrates?
  • BaseCamp
    2143 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2019
    I just wondered what the upgrade path for him is.

Selling messi to upgrade my midfield made such a huge positive difference but what are people’s experiences for the defence? I’m tempted to shift neymar for his nif and bring in ; toty ramos : toty varane or toty varane and Ferdinand so that the team is a little more balanced.

I usually play 442 so only have 2 midfielders but played 4312 this weekend with 3 and still got E1. I use the prime versions of each Gullit and Vieira which for all intensive purposes are very similar to what you have and TOTY Modric.

Depending on how you like to play you can go for a CM which can attack and defend or add a 4th attacker. Guys like Matthaus, Modric TOTY, Seedorf, Henry, Mbappe, Salah, Bale or perhaps a Eusebio would make sense in that role.

If you go for a defender get one of the TOTY CB's. Skip Prime Ferdinand. I use Prime Ferdinand and TOTY Ramos but had I not done Ferdinand's icon sbc I would 100% use Ramos and Varane's toty.

• SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    How is Nesta? Ridiculously cheap for a reason?

• BaseCamp
    2143 posts Fans' Favourite

Pretty sure he has 30 something agility which is simply not competitive.
  • The_Mercillus
    BaseCamp wrote: »
    I just wondered what the upgrade path for him is.

I usually play 442 so only have 2 midfielders but played 4312 this weekend with 3 and still got E1. I use the prime versions of each Gullit and Vieira which for all intensive purposes are very similar to what you have and TOTY Modric.

Depending on how you like to play you can go for a CM which can attack and defend or add a 4th attacker. Guys like Matthaus, Modric TOTY, Seedorf, Henry, Mbappe, Salah, Bale or perhaps a Eusebio would make sense in that role.

If you go for a defender get one of the TOTY CB's. Skip Prime Ferdinand. I use Prime Ferdinand and TOTY Ramos but had I not done Ferdinand's icon sbc I would 100% use Ramos and Varane's toty.

Current team =

TOTY Neymar FB ibra TOTY mbappe

Gullit 90 vieira 88 nif pogba

87 Sandro Ramos varane 86 lala

Courtois

If I sold neymar I could go

Toty varane / Ramos / nif neymar

Or

Toty varane / 85 ferdinand ( kante or kdb) regular neymar

2 examples

Never really upgraded my defence in any fifa and seen much of a difference
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    BaseCamp wrote: »

Pretty sure he has 30 something agility which is simply not competitive.

That was my concern. Pity really, would have liked to use him.
  • Cantona84
    7844 posts League Winner
    Best Icon midfielders this year outside Gullit and Vieira??

How is Blanc and Lothar this year?
  • Reus
    23565 posts Club Captain
    Jfo88 wrote: »

Middle one is great for me as striker next to butra
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2748 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jfo88 wrote: »

Middle has been brilliant for me at LCM in a 4321. Just a solid all-rounder
  • The_Mercillus
    Cantona84 wrote: »

ballack always seems to be in teams that beat me 😏
  • Cantona84
    7844 posts League Winner

ballack always seems to be in teams that beat me 😏

Never, ever, ever having Ballack in my team mate.
  • Noob_FC
    3151 posts National Call-Up

Blanc good, Petit good, Rijkaard not good, Ballack 89 not good, base lothar good but short... Will try Base viera next...

Loved it when I had petit and Blanc...
  • The_Mercillus
    Good ones are Matthaus, seedorf mid, ballack, but to be fair for their price next in line after gullit and vieira is probably toty kante or kdb depending on if you want more defensive support or attack
  • Roc_Xel
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2019
    I have tried pretty much all Icons and cards of the game (almost) and I can officially say that Prime Eusebio is probably the best offensive player of the game.

He is litterally insane.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    12116 posts Has That Special Something
    Roc_Xel wrote: »
    I have tried pretty much all Icons and cards of the game (almost) and I can officially say that Prime Eusebio is probably the better offensive player of the game.

He is litterally insane.

I hope to one day be able to do his sbc late in the year or even just afford his 89. Looks incredible
  • Roc_Xel
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »
    I have tried pretty much all Icons and cards of the game (almost) and I can officially say that Prime Eusebio is probably the better offensive player of the game.

He is litterally insane.

I hope to one day be able to do his sbc late in the year or even just afford his 89. Looks incredible

His 89 is already completely insane. Did 285 games with Euseb 89. I have then gone R9 94 but did not like him that much due to MM Workrate mostly and missing Euseb. Went for the prime this time (had already tried prime Euseb and had gone back to Euseb 89 as I could not justify the price diff) and now after 35 games I see why he is slightly more expensive than the 89 version. His finishing is even better. He's completely insane, but the 89 is already a very, very special player.
  • xHerdie
    5198 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone use the mid Eusebio? Thinking about him behind Ibra in a 4411 or duo striker 4222
  • uhMaZiiNq
    12116 posts Has That Special Something
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »

He is litterally insane.

His 89 is already completely insane. Did 285 games with Euseb 89. I have then gone R9 94 but did not like him that much due to MM Workrate mostly and missing Euseb. Went for the prime this time (had already tried prime Euseb and had gone back to Euseb 89 as I could not justify the price diff) and now after 35 games I see why he is slightly more expensive than the 89 version. His finishing is even better. He's completely insane, but the 89 is already a very, very special player.

I didn’t get the opportunity to use those type of players until tots when they were giving away one every week and what not. But did end up getting to do R9 and Gullit prime sbc For much less than I thought so if that is a thing come tots time again I will be happy.
  • ITSSPENO
    2012 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anyone else just not interested in Eubebio. Can afford his cards, think he looks alright but just doesn't interest me.

Probs because I never seen or heard of him as a kid