Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• NDJ591
    584 posts An Exciting Prospect
    28 of January and still no big boy icon.

do EA really think that big icons in may are interesting for people?
    Absolut joke of an company.
  • Nicku32
    2298 posts Fans' Favourite
    Prime Desailly, Prime Blanc or Prime Cannavaro?
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1715 posts Play-Off Hero
    NDJ591 wrote: »

I'm sick of waiting :(
  • Roc_Xel
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nicku32 wrote: »

Prime Blanc, by far.
  • Andybelfast
    11013 posts Has That Special Something
    Roc_Xel wrote: »

Prime Blanc, by far.

• Nicku32
    2298 posts Fans' Favourite

Prime Blanc, by far.

Is he worth the extra coins over the 89 because the stats look barely any different?
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2748 posts Fans' Favourite
    Prime Best vs Prime Figo anyone?

Been using Figo for a couple of weeks now and starting to really enjoy him, but can't help having my head turned by prime Best.

Is he really that much better? Is his physicality a problem? I'm not much of a dribbler so would prefer them to link up passes and make runs.
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner

That's exactly why they do it because they will be "interesting for people" most people like me have been waiting since release for them this way EA can keep Fifa 19 going for longer clever move tbh !
  • Andybelfast

Prime Blanc, by far.

Is he worth the extra coins over the 89 because the stats look barely any different?

No just get the 89 imo
  • iWiggle
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 2019
    After making massive profit selling my bought 84 rated cards for 2k for 5.5k++ each, I manage to buy toty neymar next to eusebio.

Now I am in doubt who to play as CCAM in a 4231. This is my team. What do you think?

https://imgur.com/a/Roq1ZPD
  • NDJ591
    Crossland wrote: »

That's exactly why they do it because they will be "interesting for people" most people like me have been waiting since release for them this way EA can keep Fifa 19 going for longer clever move tbh !

Most pro Players will quit WL, after Cups are ending.
    FIFA 19 will be dead earlier than Fifa 18.

When I realize how many bad icons are not yet available, I do not want to imagine when the big boys will come.
    July ? August ?
  • Niko30
    50 posts Park Captain
    edited January 2019
    Prime Cruyff or mid Pele? As mid Cam.
    Seems to be the same price, but interesting how they are in the game
  • Andybelfast
    Worth selling pogba to get base Socrates? Will be playing lcm
  • NDJ591
    Niko30 wrote: »

for me Pele. He was insane at last WL for me
  • Gyan_33
    41637 posts International Superstar
    Crossland wrote: »

Most pro Players will quit WL, after Cups are ending.
    FIFA 19 will be dead earlier than Fifa 18.

When I realize how many bad icons are not yet available, I do not want to imagine when the big boys will come.
    July ? August ?

Without pro players the game would be more alive than ever before.
  • Niko30
    50 posts Park Captain

Thanks, did you used Cruyff?
    All my budget will go for one of them, so want to make the right decision
  • NDJ591

used all icons this year.
    Pele 95 is unreal and alot better than cruyff imo
  • Overevil
    2685 posts Fans' Favourite
    Overevil wrote: »
    Guys I currently have Prime Desailly and was thinking to upgrade him
    Debate is between Prime Maldini/Toty Varane
    Other cb is toty vvd, gk will be courtois with varane or untrad ddg with Maldini, who would you pick? Nostalgia and experience from last year say Maldini but only heard good reviews about Varane

Also is Prime Blanc>Desailly too?
  • jenksiee123
    24625 posts Club Captain
    Can nearly afford Pavel now after packing Kante in SB rewards last night mmm
  • Niko30
    50 posts Park Captain

used all icons this year.
    Pele 95 is unreal and alot better than cruyff imo

Tnx bro, pele on list :)
  • dino1g
    90 posts Park Captain
    I have about 2 mill to spend on a CDM pairing. Considering trying out prime Veron and 85 Blanc. Opinions?
  • Finesse_4days
    17055 posts World Class
    dino1g wrote: »
    I have about 2 mill to spend on a CDM pairing. Considering trying out prime Veron and 85 Blanc. Opinions?

88 Petit and 88 Seedorf , Blanc is average , the only good things about him are his pace, height and shooting for a CDM. Petit is much stronger and more aggressive and has better defending, can actually control a ball and has better passing. Seedorf is a great all rounder and would play well as a play maker next to Petit.
  • dino1g
    90 posts Park Captain

88 Petit and 88 Seedorf , Blanc is average , the only good things about him are his pace, height and shooting for a CDM. Petit is much stronger and more aggressive and has better defending, can actually control a ball and has better passing. Seedorf is a great all rounder and would play well as a play maker next to Petit.

Cheers. You don't think there could be issued with one H/H and one H/M?

Tried 88 Petit in the start, found him too clunky, but might give him a go again.
  • Noob_FC
    3151 posts National Call-Up

88 Petit is good.. But would always prefer Blanc over him... Had both earlier.. sold Blanc and got Rijkaard... Blanc offers so much in defence.... Sold petit and Rijkaard, got Blanc and now close to getting base vieira
  • Finesse_4days
    17055 posts World Class

Cheers. You don't think there could be issued with one H/H and one H/M?

Tried 88 Petit in the start, found him too clunky, but might give him a go again.

no the work rates won't be an issue, just have petit on stay back instructions.
  • dino1g
    90 posts Park Captain
    Noob_FC wrote: »

88 Petit is good.. But would always prefer Blanc over him... Had both earlier.. sold Blanc and got Rijkaard... Blanc offers so much in defence.... Sold petit and Rijkaard, got Blanc and now close to getting base vieira

So you're looking at Blanc & Vieira as a pairing?

Think I'll wait until the patch to make a decision, moving away from the 4231 if the finesse nerfing is as good as they say...
  • Noob_FC
    3151 posts National Call-Up

Think I'll wait until the patch to make a decision, moving away from the 4231 if the finesse nerfing is as good as they say...

Yep... I defend manually more than required... so my defenders are out of position and want good defensive cover because of that....was thinking of Rijkaard+Vieira earlier... but rijkaard is so bad, his tackling is good, but he wasn't in position as frequently as Blanc is....
  • dino1g
    90 posts Park Captain

Yep... I defend manually more than required... so my defenders are out of position and want good defensive cover because of that....was thinking of Rijkaard+Vieira earlier... but rijkaard is so bad, his tackling is good, but he wasn't in position as frequently as Blanc is....

Yeah I defend in the same way, so pace is important. Think I'll give Blanc a go, he was good for me last year
  • Shane
    24161 posts Player of the Year
    Saving up for either prime Best or 89 Cruyff. Who's better?
  • Chet
    633 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Prime Best vs Prime Figo anyone?

Been using Figo for a couple of weeks now and starting to really enjoy him, but can't help having my head turned by prime Best.

Is he really that much better? Is his physicality a problem? I'm not much of a dribbler so would prefer them to link up passes and make runs.