The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    Shane wrote: »
    Have to admit not particularly a fan of this FIFA though. The long range timed finesse shots are utterly stupid and don't require much skill. Plus it seems like you can score them with most players regardless of their actual shooting stats.

At least low drivens were predominantly in the box and required you to work the ball around as opposed to just taking flukey shots from way out.

Also had no idea till recently that controlling goalkeepers was a thing, do you just press right analog and pick a direction to dive? That's what I've been doing and it's helped a bit. Dont like it though.

i think most are in agreement with you here.. yes GK moving you just move with the sticks. its actually in the control manual LOL. whoever thought it would be a good idea to put GK moving in the game after they removed it a week after putting years ago?? who is ea getting there feedback from. that should be the real question and eye opener.
  • hjdjydyufu
    7722 posts League Winner
    edited January 28
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    Congerts to all you amazing players!
  • hjdjydyufu
    7722 posts League Winner
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    What time exactly does this week expire?

?
  • krakos000
    17470 posts World Class
    Have to admit not particularly a fan of this FIFA though. The long range timed finesse shots are utterly stupid and don't require much skill. Plus it seems like you can score them with most players regardless of their actual shooting stats.

At least low drivens were predominantly in the box and required you to work the ball around as opposed to just taking flukey shots from way out.

Also had no idea till recently that controlling goalkeepers was a thing, do you just press right analog and pick a direction to dive? That's what I've been doing and it's helped a bit. Dont like it though.

I almost scored one earlier with futmas Matuidi, must have been about 45 yds out and it hit the post lol
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    krakos000 wrote: »

I almost scored one earlier with futmas Matuidi, must have been about 45 yds out and it hit the post lol

Yeah it's dumb lol, scored 2 screamers with Fabinho.

At least in FIFA 18 you didn't see the likes of Vieira and Bakayoko scoring screamers consistently. It was usually the elite cards that did it.

I'd take low drivens over this timed finesse bs all day.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited January 28
    Going to work towards prime Best as my star player I think, although I do want to try Prime Cruyff but he's way out of my price range and I can't be bothered trading this year.

If I sold up I think I'd be on around 1.3-1.4M. What's prime Best like compared to NIF Neymar? Neymar's been insane for me.
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    IF Neymar over Best imo.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    MisterJV wrote: »
    IF Neymar over Best imo.

Hmm much of an upgrade over the NIF? First informs usually don't seem to be worth it for high rated cards
  • AlexSolm
    8201 posts League Winner
    Anyone else getting worse input delay than ever before this weekend?
  • holdenwait
    56192 posts National Treasure
    14-8 and that's it for tonight, spent most of the day doing league sbc's anyways. but the last opponent I beat was actually very good, except he couldn't defend for **** :joy: Mbappe: 23 goals 11 assists in 20 games. he's been absolutely awesome. added a new skill move to my arsenal for the first time in years too now, and finally feels awesome to have a 5* in the forward line up.

dont see g1 happening as that'd require 6 wins out the last 8 but hey who knows maybe monday night will be full of newwbs :trollface:
  • jpsblue
    3938 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 28
    first weekend i played the full 30, thank god for australia day public holiday. got gold 1 with 2 games to spare, so i gave away the last two wins. someone had the cheek to message me "**** ****" after i scored an own goal and quit :D

the reus, best, raul, hazard forward line got me over the line
  • Currieman
    4943 posts National Call-Up
    holdenwait wrote: »
    14-8 and that's it for tonight, spent most of the day doing league sbc's anyways. but the last opponent I beat was actually very good, except he couldn't defend for **** :joy: Mbappe: 23 goals 11 assists in 20 games. he's been absolutely awesome. added a new skill move to my arsenal for the first time in years too now, and finally feels awesome to have a 5* in the forward line up.

dont see g1 happening as that'd require 6 wins out the last 8 but hey who knows maybe monday night will be full of newwbs :trollface:

Mate I was 14-9 and managed to get Gold 1 so it can be done. Just gotta believe!

Just don’t worry too much about conceding goals coz you will. Focus on scoring as many as you can
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11579 posts Has That Special Something
    If I’m an average player that does good for the most part in i believe D5 rivals should 14 wins in WL not be too hard to do or is 11 more realistic? I know opponent strength can vary
  • Scutch
    11020 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 28
    Blarix wrote: »
    I genuinely hate this scripted ****.

@Blarix Baffles me how a goalkeeper (take any) can play to their stats one game, and then fall over himself and lose his arms in the next. I say baffles, what I mean is the AI sets a slider for the goalkeepers depending on specific variables in the match. Unless there's another explanation to why goalkeepers are good one game and poor the next? I can't think of one.
  • sturges12345
    3006 posts National Call-Up
    Currieman wrote: »
    holdenwait wrote: »

Mate I was 14-9 and managed to get Gold 1 so it can be done. Just gotta believe!

Just don’t worry too much about conceding goals coz you will. Focus on scoring as many as you can

Damn I was 13-9. Now i’m 15-9. Hopefully I get gold 1

• Tof33z
    6729 posts Big Money Move
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »
    If I’m an average player that does good for the most part in i believe D5 rivals should 14 wins in WL not be too hard to do or is 11 more realistic? I know opponent strength can vary

d5 too, and new to WL this year - 11 is not that difficult. I usually have had enough and stop there and give away the rest - but with a following wind, 14 is certainly do-able but if you're just getting started on it, I'd probably aim for 11 and treat anything else as a bonus. You can aim higher with a couple of weekends under your belt if it goes ok
  • Beroe
    454 posts Sunday League Hero
    Elite 2 again :)) happy with that
  • Littleland95
    16884 posts Moderator
    Beroe wrote: »

Congrats man!
  • IamFrench
    1390 posts Play-Off Hero
    Beroe wrote: »

GG, beautiful !

I played R9Rai today, I lost 4-3. I was very lucky, maybe the best player I played this week.

We have scored 2 good goals with Ibra:

• Gabbalala
    3184 posts National Call-Up
    Back in Gold 1 after a 3 week absence. IF Nakajima is sooooo good, his dribbling and close control is crazy good! Has saved me big time this weekend! Honda with also an honourable mention.
  • BaseCamp
    870 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 28
    I'll miss t100 because I lost my last game in pens after a 0-0 120 minutes. Brutal. Probably cost me top 100 monthly too. Finished on 108 for the month. (28, 29, 24, 27)

Used toty mbappe this weekend. Very good card. Prime R9 was definitely significantly better though for me. (Sold the Prime R9 and got Prime Vieira and TOTY Mbappe) with those coins.)

• ScruffyDogBurger
    3304 posts National Call-Up
    Is this the worst fifa ever?
  • Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something

YES
  • heefmondo
    1554 posts Play-Off Hero

No
  • chaser2k15
    13480 posts Has That Special Something
    heefmondo wrote: »

No

No it is not. Plenty worse than this.
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    chaser2k15 wrote: »

No

Such as? None of them have been so bad that even a dog could walk over the shoot button and it goes in the top corner.
  • Gabbalala
    3184 posts National Call-Up
    I wouldn’t say it’s the worst, I think it ‘improves’ every year more often than not but it is the most frustrating Fifa for sure.

I could handle low driven shots because you had to get relatively close to goal to do them but you don’t even have to be facing the goal or close to it for these finesse shots, it’s ridiculous!
  • heefmondo
    1554 posts Play-Off Hero

No

Such as? None of them have been so bad that even a dog could walk over the shoot button and it goes in the top corner.

The fifa where you could walk past the goalkeeper and slot it into an empty net. Fifa 15 I think it was
  • ScruffyDogBurger

No

The fifa where you could walk past the goalkeeper and slot it into an empty net. Fifa 15 I think it was

At least that would require some remote skill to be able to get one-on-one.

This game requires no skill whatsoever.
  • Shaanxz
    20476 posts Club Captain
    Fifa 16 was the worst imo