The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• Tropicaz XBL
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    Moving the keeper has to be worst mechanic ever added into a Fifa title

Why?

I hate timed finishing, but do not think increased GK control in general is a bad direction.

If I wanted to play against manually moving keepers I'd stick to pro clubs, utter ****. Shouldn't be pure outplaying someone yet losing because he's moved his keeper to save 1v1's whilst scoring 3 timed finesses from 30 yards off rebounds
  • FrankFrank
    2252 posts Fans' Favourite
    FrankFrank wrote: »
    9-1 :sunglasses: Team is awesome tbh.

Sk-rmbillede-2019-01-27-kl-16-45-30.png

Gonna watch the handball world cup final now. GF loves handball...

Hoping to play another 5 tonight and 10-15 tomorrow depending on results tonight.

How would your rate Baresi in comparison to rijkard? I used Rijkard and he was good without being a game changer for me , If Baresi is better I might try him at some point next to Ramos.

I think its hard to compare them mate. Baresi is rock solid defensively (93 reactions, 95 interception, 95 marking, 95 standing/sliding tackle) and will not put a foot wrong(as long as I dont touch him :trollface: ) - but obviously lacks physicality. Such an elegant defender!

- Rijkaard has a great physical presence but feels clumpsy at times as you've probably experienced.

• Smudge
    4647 posts National Call-Up

Why?

I hate timed finishing, but do not think increased GK control in general is a bad direction.

If I wanted to play against manually moving keepers I'd stick to pro clubs, utter ****. Shouldn't be pure outplaying someone yet losing because he's moved his keeper to save 1v1's whilst scoring 3 timed finesses from 30 yards off rebounds

Smash it front post
  • Snadeau
    1218 posts Professional

Why?

Seems like everyone that’s “good” just spams 1 time finesse shots and moves the goalie.

Won a game where everything was going against me. Against the most stacked team I’ve run into this year. Guy scores 3 one timer finesse shots from 30-35yards out. 88th minute I’m making an attacking run with best, roulette in the box only to get tackled hard. No ball, just tripped up. ZERO penalty. Ended up winning after ET In penalties. Every tackle I made either went out of bounds or to another attacker. Passes we’re going everywhere they shouldn’t.

Had 40% possession and +14 tackles. Opponents Gullit was a magnet for the ball.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Seriously. Think this opponent is 1 of the worst I have ever played. 3 of his goals where absolutely shocking bs.

l7OsFSh.jpg
  • Falafelmonster
    4832 posts National Call-Up
    Suggestions on how to break down an opponent playing 4222??
    Mind boggling how someone with 2 CMs can actually close down midfield this effectively
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14450 posts Has That Special Something
    34 shots to 7 :o:o
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    34 shots to 7 :o:o

I know. It wasn't as if they where just pot shots from 30yds. Most was in the box!
  • vibemix881
    2782 posts Fans' Favourite
    9-1 :sunglasses: Team is awesome tbh.

Sk-rmbillede-2019-01-27-kl-16-45-30.png

Gonna watch the handball world cup final now. GF loves handball...

Hoping to play another 5 tonight and 10-15 tomorrow depending on results tonight.

How would your rate Baresi in comparison to rijkard? I used Rijkard and he was good without being a game changer for me , If Baresi is better I might try him at some point next to Ramos.

I think its hard to compare them mate. Baresi is rock solid defensively (93 reactions, 95 interception, 95 marking, 95 standing/sliding tackle) and will not put a foot wrong(as long as I dont touch him :trollface: ) - but obviously lacks physicality. Such an elegant defender!

- Rijkaard has a great physical presence but feels clumpsy at times as you've probably experienced.

Replaced Ramos with Baresi (did him for SBC fodder lol) and my defense seems much more solid. Always in the right place, intercepts a lot and solid tackle. Good enough in the air as well. Thinking about completing Stoichkov, but don't really wanna lose Baresi
  • Arsenalfan97
    7773 posts League Winner
    Gold 1 for the 2nd time in 3 weeks thx to the mighty zlatan even in this poor gameplay. Do I get to say I’m a regular gold 1 player now? Guess I’m finally an average player right @WildaF3niX :trollface:
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Gold 1 for the 2nd time in 3 weeks thx to the mighty zlatan even in this poor gameplay. Do I get to say I’m a regular gold 1 player now? Guess I’m finally an average player right @WildaF3niX :trollface:

Your average player is G2/G3. G1 is above average.
  • Arsenalfan97
    7773 posts League Winner
    LeonidasJB wrote: »

I know he said gold 1 is average that’s all just on the wind up
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26079 posts Player of the Year

Your average player is probably a silver player.
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 27
    TheDreamer wrote: »
    11-10, done, another 9 loss streak, no point playing any more as I would never reach 14 anyway, Im a 6 wins player, not 11.

My rough guess is that I have won only 20games from 120 after 11 wins this fifa.

This has to be a mentality thing hitting 11 wins in 12 or 13 games and then constantly collapsing to that extent isn’t normal. If you can get to 11 so easily you clearly aren’t that bad
    I would like to believe that, but The moment I hit 11 wins I started getting matched up with people time finishing every single shot and being beyond gods at moving the GK. I average 40% possession, like 30% tackle success and 20% rebound winrate overall, any half decent player can easily punish this, I dont know why but the stupid matchmaking just doesnt work for me. All the losses were totally and completely deserved, my opponents were 3 levels above me.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class

I know he said gold 1 is average that’s all just on the wind up

Fair enough.

Your average player is probably a silver player.

I like that. Makes me just above average, AGAIN. ;)
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    Smudge wrote: »

Why?

Smash it front post

Aye I was
  • hjdjydyufu
    8802 posts League Winner

Dang so G2 is average. I thought 17-19 wins is above average? 15 wins would be average. Do you even math?
  • Primal
    4828 posts National Call-Up
    Might test out some different formations not really fussed about the rank, hope gameplays better than yesterday though it was awful for me
  • hjdjydyufu
    8802 posts League Winner
    Holy balls!!!!!

I'm 17-6 for the first time ever.

This is be an epic fail or Gold 1 for the first time...
  • DarthGrowler
    15171 posts World Class
    How is gameplay tonight? It's been bad this weekend
  • Stopped at 11 wins. Think my record is 11-9 which is the worst I've done for a while.

I know it's probably just me but I cannot score a timed finesse to save my life. Can count on one hand the amount I've scored this WL, I also need to learn how to cross 😂
  • Andybelfast
    10957 posts Has That Special Something

Underpowered passes.
    Auto lunges
    Hitting post/bar

You know the rest
  • Andybelfast
    Spot on camps agree
  • DarthGrowler
    15171 posts World Class

Underpowered passes.
    Auto lunges
    Hitting post/bar

You know the rest

Been like this all weekend. Only on 8 wins but none have been fun and can't bring myself to play more
  • Andybelfast
    edited January 27

Underpowered passes.
    Auto lunges
    Hitting post/bar

You know the rest

Been like this all weekend. Only on 8 wins but none have been fun and can't bring myself to play more

Aye I know mate. Its shocking tbh. I normally finish all my games but I cba with how bad it is
  • DarthGrowler
    15171 posts World Class

Underpowered passes.
    Auto lunges
    Hitting post/bar

You know the rest

Aye I know mate. Its shocking tbh. I normally finish all my games but I cba with how bad it is

I tried on cable, 2.4 and 5ghz wifi and it's the same on all. Terrible
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26079 posts Player of the Year
    Bang on @Campino
  • Pikachu
    8814 posts League Winner
    @Campino

You are obviously wrong. @WildaF3niX knows everything. The man who plays the game every weekend and doesn’t even like it.
  • Muzza11
    8710 posts League Winner
    23-2, probably can’t get T100 now but I’m enjoying this week.