The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4370 posts National Call-Up
    Alastair wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Millwall get their biggest victory in years yet all the headlines are still about their fans being involved in fighting. Such a shame some fans are still stuck in the stone ages.

    Same old. Usual suspects come out for these sorts of games and embarrass the club. Having said that, Everton fans came looking for trouble and got what they were looking for. Takes two to tango and all that.

    Oh yeah, I realise there is some fault on both parts.

    Just seems strange to me that the FA/club/police/local authority or whoever it is don’t do anything to stamp it out. It could easily be stopped with strict control but it looks like the only place this tight control repeatedly fails to happen is Millwall.

    Away fans have their own separate walkway from the station directly to the ground, with a very heavy police presence throughout. If they choose to toddle off elsewhere, get off at a different station and make their own way to the ground, then realistically it's their own fault and the blame lies solely with them. Unfortunately, the FA/club/police/local authority or whatever cannot gift Everton fans a few more braincells.

    That’s good to hear then.

    Not sure you can entirely blame the away fans though, after all it takes two to tango. Are you suggesting if I went to visit friends in Bermondsey in a Saturday afternoon I’d end up looking like the joker?

    If you were daft enough to make a scene about who you support, and how much you hate Millwall etc. then yes you would likely get a slap :joy:



    Exhibit A.
  • They Caged Non
    6481 posts Big Money Move
    It always amuses me how much everyone bangs on about London when literally streets away from the landmarks it’s the biggest shithole in the country. You can safely navigate your way to most stadiums up here.
  • Hicksy2011
    18658 posts World Class
    Wow I hate transfer windows
    Some dodgy sources suggesting we are going to sign Isaac Vassell even though Boro are in for him, can’t wait for a meltdown when that deal shockingly doesn’t go through for us if it’s even real
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Just seen Alan Hardy's nob, 2019 has peaked
  • Sabo
    6818 posts Big Money Move
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Just seen Alan Hardy's nob, 2019 has peaked

    bit inappropriate for a family friendly forum
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Sabo wrote: »
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Just seen Alan Hardy's nob, 2019 has peaked

    bit inappropriate for a family friendly forum
    Yeah? At least it's EFL related unless half the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ you post. If you don't like it, you can flag it and I'll take the ban. That would be preferable to having to read your nonsense.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Alastair wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Millwall get their biggest victory in years yet all the headlines are still about their fans being involved in fighting. Such a shame some fans are still stuck in the stone ages.

    Same old. Usual suspects come out for these sorts of games and embarrass the club. Having said that, Everton fans came looking for trouble and got what they were looking for. Takes two to tango and all that.

    Oh yeah, I realise there is some fault on both parts.

    Just seems strange to me that the FA/club/police/local authority or whoever it is don’t do anything to stamp it out. It could easily be stopped with strict control but it looks like the only place this tight control repeatedly fails to happen is Millwall.

    Away fans have their own separate walkway from the station directly to the ground, with a very heavy police presence throughout. If they choose to toddle off elsewhere, get off at a different station and make their own way to the ground, then realistically it's their own fault and the blame lies solely with them. Unfortunately, the FA/club/police/local authority or whatever cannot gift Everton fans a few more braincells.

    That’s good to hear then.

    Not sure you can entirely blame the away fans though, after all it takes two to tango. Are you suggesting if I went to visit friends in Bermondsey in a Saturday afternoon I’d end up looking like the joker?

    If you were daft enough to make a scene about who you support, and how much you hate Millwall etc. then yes you would likely get a slap :joy:



    Exhibit A.

    Just seen this on twitter @Akinfenwaaaa - People like this don't give your fan-base much credibility.
    Warning to the lobby, don't watch this if you are a snowflake.

  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4370 posts National Call-Up
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Millwall get their biggest victory in years yet all the headlines are still about their fans being involved in fighting. Such a shame some fans are still stuck in the stone ages.

    Same old. Usual suspects come out for these sorts of games and embarrass the club. Having said that, Everton fans came looking for trouble and got what they were looking for. Takes two to tango and all that.

    Oh yeah, I realise there is some fault on both parts.

    Just seems strange to me that the FA/club/police/local authority or whoever it is don’t do anything to stamp it out. It could easily be stopped with strict control but it looks like the only place this tight control repeatedly fails to happen is Millwall.

    Away fans have their own separate walkway from the station directly to the ground, with a very heavy police presence throughout. If they choose to toddle off elsewhere, get off at a different station and make their own way to the ground, then realistically it's their own fault and the blame lies solely with them. Unfortunately, the FA/club/police/local authority or whatever cannot gift Everton fans a few more braincells.

    That’s good to hear then.

    Not sure you can entirely blame the away fans though, after all it takes two to tango. Are you suggesting if I went to visit friends in Bermondsey in a Saturday afternoon I’d end up looking like the joker?

    If you were daft enough to make a scene about who you support, and how much you hate Millwall etc. then yes you would likely get a slap :joy:



    Exhibit A.

    Just seen this on twitter @Akinfenwaaaa - People like this don't give your fan-base much credibility.
    Warning to the lobby, don't watch this if you are a snowflake.


    Awful parenting. Also videos floating around of the wannabe hooligan mob in Block 18 throwing some racist chants towards the Everton fans last night. It's always the same sort of people, always in the same area of the ground. East stand, closest to the away fans. None of them go to watch the football, they go purely to goad away fans, get coked up to their eyeballs and generally make absolute fools of both themselves and the club as a whole.

    Hate it, would be delighted if they all received lifetime bans from the club. Same mob who bring Turkey flags etc. to the Leeds fixtures. There's lighthearted banter and then there's just being an absolute moron. Unfortunately we have more morons than most, and of course the media tend to highlight any wrongdoings at our club more than any other due to the reputation.
  • james2060
    3007 posts National Call-Up
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Top of the league, having a laugh.
    Looks like lady fortune was on Nottingham's side today.

    48a1992b00006c2037ab4adc096221b3.png

    You want me to have a nibble when someone else is having a slurp.

    I never knew the like button did that, always wondered who was liking my posts. Thanks @Karlos
  • Farlz
    9534 posts League Winner
    Tammy now just one goal off becoming the first striker since 1980/81 to score 20 league goals for us.

    He just really is fantastic, one of the best loan signings I think we've ever made. The best striker I've seen for Villa is Benteke and while I wouldn't put Tammy up to that level, 19 in 23 is just ridiculous. He's absolutely the best striker in this league.
  • dannyboy
    12977 posts Has That Special Something
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Just seen Alan Hardy's nob, 2019 has peaked

    Reported
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4370 posts National Call-Up


    Another blinding alternative commentary
  • Sabo
    6818 posts Big Money Move
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Sabo wrote: »
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Just seen Alan Hardy's nob, 2019 has peaked

    bit inappropriate for a family friendly forum
    Yeah? At least it's EFL related unless half the **** you post. If you don't like it, you can flag it and I'll take the ban. That would be preferable to having to read your nonsense.

    Time for your Sunday afternoon nap mate
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Selling Danny Fox to Wigan for 300k this week. He's actually one of our longest serving current players and I think he's only been here five years. Had a real problem with him for the first 2-3 years especially at left back but he was a half decent centre back.

    Linked with Reece Oxford according to the Mirror but Eintracht Frankfurt seem to want to buy him because he's young and english so I think that's it for that one.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    At least Dier didn't do that in the World Cup.

    At least Trippier didn't do that in the World Cup.
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    james2060 wrote: »
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Top of the league, having a laugh.
    Looks like lady fortune was on Nottingham's side today.

    48a1992b00006c2037ab4adc096221b3.png

    You want me to have a nibble when someone else is having a slurp.

    I never knew the like button did that, always wondered who was liking my posts. Thanks @Karlos

    You’re welcome pal x
  • Handy Andy
    6227 posts Big Money Move
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Selling Danny Fox to Wigan for 300k this week. He's actually one of our longest serving current players and I think he's only been here five years. Had a real problem with him for the first 2-3 years especially at left back but he was a half decent centre back.

    Linked with Reece Oxford according to the Mirror but Eintracht Frankfurt seem to want to buy him because he's young and english so I think that's it for that one.

    Swear he was captaining you against us? Bit odd to sell someone who was obviously viewed as one of the more important players, especially for that fee

  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Half the Championship are seemingly trying to sign Johansen, Kebano, McDonald and AK47 before the deadline.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    That Chelsea pen all came from Chelsea getting a drop ball when it should've been a Wednesday corner.
  • Hicksy2011
    18658 posts World Class
    That Chelsea pen all came from Chelsea getting a drop ball when it should've been a Wednesday corner.

    It was Wednesday penalty 100% outrageous it’s been overturned
    If you look at it, he makes the tackle and misses the ball, but when he collided with the strikers leg he bounces off the collision in to the ball
    But they clearly knew about the time complaints so rushed it and got the wrong decision
  • Hicksy2011
    18658 posts World Class
    I’m yet to understand VAR
    Yes it fixes a load of problems but it just creates a load more as well
    Like what happens if there is a narrow offside that the lino thinks is offside but doesn’t give it (as they’ve been told to) plays goes on for 10 seconds and they earn a corner. Team scores from corner
    Can’t go back and check offside because it was the previous play so it just gets given even though the linesman thinks it was offside
    Just nonsense get rid of it
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    0b30c0f11de5cd628c664ed5652fca06.gif

    What a guy :joy:
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited January 2019
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    I’m yet to understand VAR
    Yes it fixes a load of problems but it just creates a load more as well
    Like what happens if there is a narrow offside that the lino thinks is offside but doesn’t give it (as they’ve been told to) plays goes on for 10 seconds and they earn a corner. Team scores from corner
    Can’t go back and check offside because it was the previous play so it just gets given even though the linesman thinks it was offside
    Just nonsense get rid of it

    I just don't think our Refs are good enough to use it effectively. There were a few questionable moments at the World Cup like Mitrovic being rugby tackled by two people against Switzerland, but in general it worked well with the "elite" referees in the world. Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if the Prem starts buying Refs from foreign leagues.
  • Hicksy2011
    18658 posts World Class
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    I’m yet to understand VAR
    Yes it fixes a load of problems but it just creates a load more as well
    Like what happens if there is a narrow offside that the lino thinks is offside but doesn’t give it (as they’ve been told to) plays goes on for 10 seconds and they earn a corner. Team scores from corner
    Can’t go back and check offside because it was the previous play so it just gets given even though the linesman thinks it was offside
    Just nonsense get rid of it

    I just don't think our Refs are good enough to use it effectively. There were a few questionable moments at the World Cup like Mitrovic being rugby tackled by two people against Switzerland, but in general it worked well with the "elite" referees in the world. Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if the Prem starts buying Refs from foreign leagues.
    That one today was tough to be fair, the only way you could really tell that what I said happened was because the ball went in completely the wrong direction, then I paused it in the right place and on one frame it was obvious
    I just think it hides the mistakes as it were, like how the corner wasn’t given but no pundits noticed it
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4370 posts National Call-Up
    Sheffield Wednesday have not looked arsed about this tie in the slightest. Embarrassing performance. About time they went down to League One in my opinion.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Wouldn't mind that to be fair. Leeds go up, Wednesday go down takes out two of the ridiculously extortionate away days for next season.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Is Steve Bruce actually Wednesday's manager? I know he was announced, but then he wasn't actually taking over until February, and then I saw something saying it was in doubt because he was promised transfer funds that weren't actually there.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Is Steve Bruce actually Wednesday's manager? I know he was announced, but then he wasn't actually taking over until February, and then I saw something saying it was in doubt because he was promised transfer funds that weren't actually there.

    I mean if you start work AFTER the window closes, you aren't exactly setting yourself up in the right position are you?

Sign In or Register to comment.